PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Windshield

db24
02-16-2015, 12:30 PM
I know there are other threads on this; I just read through them. However, with a couple of years of F6B under some of your belts and knowing what you know now, which windshield do you wish you had bought?

I've had a 13" clear Cee Bailey since day one. Loved it initially, but its taken a few too many bugs and even a bird or two over the last 13,000 miles and is scratched pretty badly. I could have been more careful cleaning it too, adding to the scratches. Time to replace it. I'd like some thing that gives me as much width coverage as we can fit, but maybe made of a material that is slight more scratch resistant. I've not had a vent, as we don't really get that many hot days in Wisconsin and it seems like something that just blocks the view, but maybe change my mind on that as well?

Slowpoke
02-16-2015, 01:29 PM
Everybody is a different size, sits differently, wears a different helmet, and is looking for a different experience.

I'm short, Mustang seat, risers, 1 1/4" lowering kit, but still ride fairly agressively.

This is the 1st (of maybe 25) bikes that I actually wanted a windshield that I looked through instead of over (or non at all).

I bought the F4 light smoke with vent, and realized belatedly that my old eyes were struggling to see thru the tint in the dark, or in the rain - and at night in the rain I was afraid to ride.

I bought the same windshield again in clear, and have about 20k on it.

The F4 shields are the most optically clear I've ever seen, and are extremely durable - mine has been hit numerous times
without obvious damage.

And you want a vent. Cracking the vent totally changes the air flow behind the shield, sometimes lessening buffeting, and
also changing your passengers experience.

F4 shields are expensive, and worth every penny.

And no, I don't have any affiliation with them. I just believe that good people making good products (just for us) should be supported.

Steve 0080
02-16-2015, 01:58 PM
I have had a few...the Clearview is the go to shield for me!

Texas TC
02-16-2015, 03:40 PM
+1 for the F4. I used the Honda optional tall windshield for the first year and a half of riding. It worked OK but was getting a little scratched. I chose the F4 for clarity and hardness and have been pleased with my purchase.

opas ride
02-16-2015, 05:46 PM
Windshield preference is very subjective...Use what ever makes you happy and comfortable and let others do the same......I am happy with the one on my bike and have no plans to change......No wind noise, no turbulence, and very quiet on the "super-slab"...What more could one want/need!!!

Phaedrus
02-16-2015, 05:47 PM
+1 on the F4. It's wide, if that's what you like. And it's impossible to scratch.

Fla_rider
02-16-2015, 07:28 PM
I have had a few...the Clearview is the go to shield for me!

+1 Clearview tall with vent. Won at last years rally! 'riding'

Cool Hand Luke
02-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Many choices, and just as many opinions. All are good for the right person at the right size or price. Personally, I wish Honda made an electrically adjustable windshield for our bikes, I really miss the one I had on my BMW. It is great to be able to adjust on the fly for the changes in riding environment.

So, for now I use a Baggershield, I like the way it works and looks. It's thicker than stock, wider, well made and the price was great. I like the way the dark tint adds to the sinister look of my black F6B, and with the top clear part up it totally changes the rider protection in cold weather. I like looking just over my windshield.

I adjusted it's height and angle by moving it higher and making my own brackets. So I rarely need the clear top portion now. I prefer to ride with open face helmet with clear shield down, so between the windshield height and the helmet visor there is no buffeting and very little wind noise. In the summer I also like using a shorty helmet and it feels fine.

I have no problem cleaning the windshield either.

Just in case you're wondering, this was my previous bike, BMW K1200LT with power adjustable windshield:

What can I say, I like black bikes and dark tinted windshields...

If I may suggest, come to our Franklin Rally this year and check out all kinds of windshields people use in person!

F4 Customs
02-17-2015, 09:51 AM
Thanks for all of the support for our F6B windshields. We really appreciate hearing how well you like them and we work every day to make a great product. We have a great sale on right now of 25% off but you have to call to get this sale price.
Don

db24
02-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the comments. I went with small 14" height, light gray tint, no vent, wider "sport touring" style Clearview brand this time, mostly because of the upper "recurve" style and reasonable price. I'll let you know what I think.

Cool Hand Luke
02-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the comments. I went with small 14" height, light gray tint, no vent, wider "sport touring" style Clearview brand this time, mostly because of the upper "recurve" style and reasonable price. I'll let you know what I think.

I'm curious how it works for you in case I decide to change mine. I also like the recurve at the top.

hiflyer
02-18-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm curious how it works for you in case I decide to change mine. I also like the recurve at the top.

They are top quality, fortunately for another forum member who wanted to buy one, it wasn't as good as my Madstad. It's on his bike now. It's all about preference. All the sponsors who sell W/S's here are top notch. There is one company (I won't name, a non sponsor BTW) who can kiss my rear.

dougvtx
02-19-2015, 01:41 PM

I'll probably be purchasing a new windshield before my summer trip. I don't know what height yet. I'm 5' 8". I have a OEM Honda tall windshield w/vent that I purchased installed on the bike. According to Clearview way of measuring, my current windshield is 17".

Doug44
02-20-2015, 07:00 AM
I'll probably be purchasing a new windshield before my summer trip. I don't know what height yet. I'm 5' 8". I have a OEM Honda tall windshield w/vent that I purchased installed on the bike. According to Clearview way of measuring, my current windshield is 17".

Last week installed my Cee Bailey 13" and at first ride it looks like it might be about right. I am 5'7" but tall from the waist up

1BADF6B
02-20-2015, 07:40 AM
I have a slipstream 11 inch and I am 6'3 I think If I go with a 14 inch the buffering will stop. Going to keep an eye out for one.

Blackedout2014
02-22-2015, 07:21 PM
I know there are other threads on this; I just read through them. However, with a couple of years of F6B under some of your belts and knowing what you know now, which windshield do you wish you had bought?

I've had a 13" clear Cee Bailey since day one. Loved it initially, but its taken a few too many bugs and even a bird or two over the last 13,000 miles and is scratched pretty badly. I could have been more careful cleaning it too, adding to the scratches. Time to replace it. I'd like some thing that gives me as much width coverage as we can fit, but maybe made of a material that is slight more scratch resistant. I've not had a vent, as we don't really get that many hot days in Wisconsin and it seems like something that just blocks the view, but maybe change my mind on that as well?

all about looks.

db24
02-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Except for the black pipes I think I own the twin!

Blackedout2014
02-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Except for the black pipes I think I own the twin!

Nice Bike!
Ok, so BLACK OUT the side F6B chrome (remove with a hair drier), brake pedal, tinted windshield, heated ISO grips, smoked lenses, remove amber bulbs. The RUSH black slip on exhaust is really not that costly. Let me know if you want some of these side fairing Carbon Fiber "F6B' badges. The red Honda wing badges are attached with 2-sided tape (fyi).
Then it will be close to a twin:yes: