PDA

View Full Version : Just to clear the air

taxfree4
02-16-2015, 07:56 PM
I didn't mean to bring any disrespect or controversy to the forum. I try and keep the posts fun, somewhat informative with a sometimes spirited conversation. I think this is a great place for ideas and opinions and the members are probably some of the best of the forums I've been on. However, when it starts to take a personal turn, which I don't understand, I have no problem punching back. In the future I will try and do a better job of ignoring the other side but, again, sometimes it just begs for a return volley, I'll work on that. Again, my apologies.

shooter
02-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Hey you're like me. You are passionate about certain subjects. Sometimes I get carried away. I scripted an apology a couple weeks ago. I must say that the board mods on this forum are very tolerant. Guys like me and tax are gonna make a mistake occasionally. I'm gonna try to do better.

Cool Hand Luke
02-16-2015, 08:19 PM
It makes for a fun reading!

Seriously, focus on bike issues and all will be fine. I come here to learn and get help about my F6B. If I wanted to discuss world politics I'm sure there are other forums for that.

Let's just have fun, ride bikes, make new friends and enjoy one of the best bikes made today!

I do appreciate your posts here and I thank you for being great guys to converse with!

So remember, everyone likes classy:

Not grumpy:

11440 :icon_mrgreen:

Let's have fun!

shooter
02-16-2015, 08:27 PM
You don't get it Luke. We are never gonna be like you. We don't have a tolerant bone in our body. Its gonna happen again. We are just apologizing in advance.

Cool Hand Luke
02-16-2015, 08:41 PM
You don't get it Luke. We are never gonna be like you. We don't have a tolerant bone in our body. Its gonna happen again. We are just apologizing in advance.

OK, I guess? :icon_doh:

flyboy
02-16-2015, 09:18 PM
I didn't mean to bring any disrespect or controversy to the forum. I try and keep the posts fun, somewhat informative with a sometimes spirited conversation. I think this is a great place for ideas and opinions and the members are probably some of the best of the forums I've been on. However, when it starts to take a personal turn, which I don't understand, I have no problem punching back. In the future I will try and do a better job of ignoring the other side but, again, sometimes it just begs for a return volley, I'll work on that. Again, my apologies.

I don't know what you're really like, but just from reading your posts, you come across as a very intolerant person, and that is just my humble opinion. I wish you the best!

1BADF6B
02-16-2015, 09:45 PM

Totally off subject but you're the first NYer I have seen on here. I was wondering if anyone else in NY knew how to use the forum lol.

taxfree4
02-16-2015, 09:49 PM
I don't consider myself intolerant but there are instances I guess when that may seem so. That's just a part of my personality I guess which is a product of upbringing. Both my parents were military so life was very black and white because tolerance today seems to mean not taking a side and trying to please both parties. I can't apologize for taking a side and defending it, however, if the facts prove otherwise I would be the first one to admit it. I apologized to the forum because this is not a venue for that, I'll take my responsibility for my part. In my defense I was just responding to what were the first volleys from the other side. Some people can disagree in heated conversations but it never gets personal, and it shouldn't, others can't. Anyway, maybe this helped clear up some misconceptions.

Limoles
02-16-2015, 10:07 PM
The old Chinese philosopher said :
"It's very easy to pick the tasty cherries and enjoy their sweetness with others ,
but if you want to find a real friend , try to eat with him all barrel of salt first ".

bigbird
02-16-2015, 10:16 PM
It's sometimes really difficult to bite one's tongue after being goaded or jabbed. I speak from experience.
Yes, we've all had our buttons pushed at one time or another. There are always a few (and sometimes many) members of any forum who thrive on button pushing.
I can't say I've found any here in the 7 months I've been a member.
Most of the credit for that goes to Phantom, who does a fantastic balancing job between allowing freedom of speech and quick intervention, when rarely necessary.
The rest of the credit I give to our members, who are mature adults, with a lot of life experience, and little to prove to others.
A quick reset and forward we move.

shooter
02-16-2015, 10:24 PM
Bird are you a preacher? I'm not trying to be funny but dang it you are always nice. I do appreciate people like you cause it helps the world balance out people like me. I'm not a bad person but after dealing with the public for 46 years I'm a little jaded. You're a fine man bird.

JBnAZ
02-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Big bird - I may "act" mature but inside I am an adolescent without acne and enough income to have a few fun toys. I act mature - mostly because I need to - otherwise I snicker at stupid stuff and think adults can be no fun. :)

So call me what you will - but my wife would think mature is a stretch - I do too. :yikes:,

And for those on the forum that can't be cool and find a way to voice your opinion objectively and with respect - find a different outlet for your negativity - us immature types don't like having our buzz ruined!

Peace out

JB

bigbird
02-16-2015, 11:55 PM
Bird are you a preacher? I'm not trying to be funny but dang it you are always nice. I do appreciate people like you cause it helps the world balance out people like me. I'm not a bad person but after dealing with the public for 46 years I'm a little jaded. You're a fine man bird.

No preacher here, Shooter. But thanks for the kudos.
I taught high school shops (electrical) for 35 years. I now am doing part time trade math (carpentry and plumbing) to recently incarcerated adults. I can't say I've seen and done it all, but I've seen and done a lot. For 53Driver and other chopper drivers, I've even done some GTRO basics instruction. I had to take a 40 hour hands-on maintenance course at a world class overhaul facility for the RR250 (T63 and T703 in the military) used in a lot of small Bells and some fixed wing as well (Beechcraft Bonanza). But enough of me. Back to the F6B. Way more interesting.

hiflyer
02-17-2015, 12:01 AM
the RR250 (T63 and T703 in the military) used in a lot of small Bells and some fixed wing as well (Beechcraft Bonanza). But enough of me. Back to the F6B. Way more interesting.

And the Silver Eagle P210. Ask me how I know!

taxfree4
02-17-2015, 07:30 AM
It's sometimes really difficult to bite one's tongue after being goaded or jabbed. I speak from experience.
Yes, we've all had our buttons pushed at one time or another. There are always a few (and sometimes many) members of any forum who thrive on button pushing.
I can't say I've found any here in the 7 months I've been a member.
Most of the credit for that goes to Phantom, who does a fantastic balancing job between allowing freedom of speech and quick intervention, when rarely necessary.
The rest of the credit I give to our members, who are mature adults, with a lot of life experience, and little to prove to others.
A quick reset and forward we move.

I couldn't have said it better myself, one must practice constraint at times for the overall good but then sometimes some people get on their knees and beg you to hate them, it's a process and a learning experience.

taxfree4
02-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Totally off subject but you're the first NYer I have seen on here. I was wondering if anyone else in NY knew how to use the forum lol.

In the city they're either on rice crunchers or Harleys. I have only seen one other person, since 2013, with an F6B beside me.

Hornblower
02-17-2015, 09:51 AM
This thread, so far, illustrates just how "classy" this forum is. No doubt, we'll disagree at times and sometimes passionately but, in the end, we appear to be trying to take an "agree to disagree" attitude. This makes for an exceptional forum, IMHO :clap2:.

Spanky
02-17-2015, 10:18 AM
I've watched from afar, and it seems to me the hot button issues are gun rights, religion, politics, family, and you can add more and more. In the words of Rodney King... "why can't we all get along?"

If you are posting in the off topic, be thick skinned as yours is not the only or right opinion out there. it's ok to stir up the pot, just keep it civil.

I try to steer clear of adding to the BS, when these topics come up, I just think, everyone has an opinion, it is not mine and if someone tries to force an opinion on me, it's proof that they are not confident in their beliefs. Why else would they want me to join? so in short, I'll keep outta yours, you keep outta mine, and lets talk about motorcycles!

bob109
02-17-2015, 10:51 AM
I've watched from afar, and it seems to me the hot button issues are gun rights, religion, politics, family, and you can add more and more. In the words of Rodney King... "why can't we all get along?"
!

Your list could also include Dark Siding, Oil etc. etc. :icon_wink: Everyone, including myself, is passionate about something we hold close/dear to our heart. Forgetting that fact can lead to some downright "mud slinging". When it gets to that point it becomes time to "check all firearms at the door and head to the bar":icon_biggrin: Being on numerous forums over the years I've encountered my share "trolls" who make it a career of being "a$$hole agitators. Most Administrators and Moderators do a great job of culling the heard of those folks. This F6B Riders Forum is a great source of collective knowledge from great people and I'm personally delighted to be a member:039: We are all guests in someone else's house and should act accordingly:icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
02-17-2015, 11:11 AM
Flyboy, "I don't know what you're really like, but just from reading your posts, you come across as a very intolerant person, and that is just my humble opinion. I wish you the best! "

Society as I see it is heading to pure tolerance...some older and most younger don't have a stance on ANYTHING...EVERYTHING is OK..... Seems to me their moral compass is broken, it is this same mindset that when we are taken over or whatever else is in this countries future will sit idly by while it happens and then will wonder why?

53driver
02-17-2015, 11:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGAMd-tT6fQ

"inviting you to join me on the bandwagon of my own uncertainty..."

2bikemike
02-17-2015, 12:13 PM
In the city they're either on rice crunchers or Harleys. I have only seen one other person, since 2013, with an F6B beside me.

Brooklyn Poughkeepsie Watertown All New Yorkers. I don't see many F6's up here in the northern part of the state either.

taxfree4
02-17-2015, 12:45 PM
Brooklyn Poughkeepsie Watertown All New Yorkers. I don't see many F6's up here in the northern part of the state either.

Without much fanfare, as compared to other new models, the F6B, IMHO, will slowly but surely become more and more popular. This model bridges the gap and allows a smooth transition, styling_wise, that may have stopped Harley owners, and other touring bikes, before from jumping to a Goldwing, even though we know it is one SHHHHH. I am function over form so it wasn't hard for me but may have stopped a lot of people because you will be ostracized by your buddies. After meeting a couple of Harley friends for lunch I came out to find a big, fluffy teddy bear attached to the rear seat of my F6B. I got on the bike, made sure teddy was strapped in properly and we blew down the highway. It actually is a book bag also, I think I have a pic somewhere.

bigbird
02-17-2015, 01:01 PM
I have a good friend who spent a boatload of cash (over $35k), with all kinds of accessories and screamin' eagle birdshit, on a new '13 HD Ultra Glide Classic, or something along those lines.
After he saw my black F6B, he said, "I should have bought one of those". That's the best compliment I have ever received.
He's had nothing but trouble with it and really poor dealer service to boot.

I call his bike the rolling penis enhancement. He just laughs and agrees.

blackmetoc
02-17-2015, 01:22 PM

If you are posting in the off topic, be thick skinned as yours is not the only or right opinion out there. it's ok to stir up the pot, just keep it civil.

I try to steer clear of adding to the BS, when these topics come up, I just think, everyone has an opinion, it is not mine and if someone tries to force an opinion on me, it's proof that they are not confident in their beliefs. Why else would they want me to join? so in short, I'll keep outta yours, you keep outta mine, and lets talk about motorcycles!

And which color is faster. That is always a big fight!

Spanky
02-17-2015, 01:37 PM
And which color is faster. That is always a big fight!

well you can't really argue, we all know it's black......

that is until someone removes the limiter and then it will be proven.

bigbird
02-17-2015, 02:22 PM

That's a given.
It's even in Wikipedia.
And if not, it should be.

taxfree4
02-17-2015, 04:20 PM
I have a good friend who spent a boatload of cash (over $35k), with all kinds of accessories and screamin' eagle birdshit, on a new '13 HD Ultra Glide Classic, or something along those lines.
After he saw my black F6B, he said, "I should have bought one of those". That's the best compliment I have ever received.
He's had nothing but trouble with it and really poor dealer service to boot.

I call his bike the rolling penis enhancement. He just laughs and agrees.

Buddy of mine bought a 2014 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide for something like 40K, missed all of last Sumner as it was in the dealer the whole time. There was a common problem they couldn't fix, he wouldn't tell me. My guess is that I know on the newer touring models there was a violent handlebar vibration on a deceleration around 30 mph. I know the exact fix because a great mechanic friend of mine, we call him the Natural, has done them.

taxfree4
02-17-2015, 05:12 PM
http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/special-offers

bigbird
02-17-2015, 05:36 PM
http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/special-offers

Unfortunately it doesn't apply to the Scout.

hiflyer
02-17-2015, 08:31 PM
With regards to the Indian, anybody have first hand knowledge as to their reliability? Dealer support?

shooter
02-17-2015, 08:35 PM
Flyboy, "I don't know what you're really like, but just from reading your posts, you come across as a very intolerant person, and that is just my humble opinion. I wish you the best! "

Society as I see it is heading to pure tolerance...some older and most younger don't have a stance on ANYTHING...EVERYTHING is OK..... Seems to me their moral compass is broken, it is this same mindset that when we are taken over or whatever else is in this countries future will sit idly by while it happens and then will wonder why?

Give The Man a prize. Steve you hit the nail on the head. That's the new attitude. I call it Passivity. Everything is ok. Well its not. Society has gone to hell in a handbasket. The tree huggers forgot about 9/11. Thousands killed. Then they elected one. Yeah I went there. Well just in case anyone cares , nothing is OK. Not much is right anymore. And you know why? Our elected officials don't have the balls to stand up and admit that. That's due to the fact that the wrong people are electing them. There are a lot if good intelligent hard working people in this country that don't vote. That is the problem. Passivity. Guys its still OK to have an opinion and to voice that opinion. Its OK to defend that opinion vehemently. Take a stand. Don't just float down the river. Paddle hard!!!

shooter
02-17-2015, 08:37 PM

that is until someone removes the limiter and then it will be proven.
Don't Guhl would be glad to do that for you.
Black will still be the fastest.

GiddyupF6B
02-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Don't Guhl would be glad to do that for you.
Black will still be the fastest.

Don removed my top speed limiter and did some other magical things as well........mine is black so the debate is over!

shooter
02-17-2015, 08:42 PM
Buddy of mine bought a 2014 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide for something like 40K, missed all of last Sumner as it was in the dealer the whole time. There was a common problem they couldn't fix, he wouldn't tell me. My guess is that I know on the newer touring models there was a violent handlebar vibration on a deceleration around 30 mph. I know the exact fix because a great mechanic friend of mine, we call him the Natural, has done them.

I got one of those buddies too. $39K and change. No way I would trade my B for it. I don't dislike HD or any other brand. My best friend rides an Ultra Classic. I just don't drink the HD kool-aid. Mines bigger , faster , cheaper and better looking. Just my opinion.

GiddyupF6B
02-17-2015, 09:07 PM
You even get a pretty sticker....http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0438_BURST002_zpsmrhpphtb.jpg

taxfree4
02-18-2015, 05:18 AM
Unfortunately it doesn't apply to the Scout.

The Scout doesn't need any help, that bike will sell itself. Had it been available when I bought the 1200 I wouldn't have hesitated. Same price, basically, 100HP and liquid-cooled it wouldn't have been a thought. The F6B is the wedge inside HD's touring market and the Scout is the same for the cruisers. IMHO, there's a little panic going on at corporate in Milwaukee which is good because the consumer wins when there is competition.

taxfree4
02-18-2015, 05:39 AM
Without much fanfare, as compared to other new models, the F6B, IMHO, will slowly but surely become more and more popular. This model bridges the gap and allows a smooth transition, styling_wise, that may have stopped Harley owners, and other touring bikes, before from jumping to a Goldwing, even though we know it is one SHHHHH. I am function over form so it wasn't hard for me but may have stopped a lot of people because you will be ostracized by your buddies. After meeting a couple of Harley friends for lunch I came out to find a big, fluffy teddy bear attached to the rear seat of my F6B. I got on the bike, made sure teddy was strapped in properly and we blew down the highway. It actually is a book bag also, I think I have a pic somewhere.

I knew I had it, it's a book bag too, gave it to my niece.

Spanky
02-18-2015, 10:31 AM
Don removed my top speed limiter and did some other magical things as well........mine is black so the debate is over!

well there you have it.... I'm pissed at myself, last year when Don was looking for a B to tinker with, I was up the road in Lebanon PA working on the VAMC. I could have trailered and left it with him for a while. Now I missed out and don't get a cool sticker! Might just schedule a follow up next summer.

motoman
02-18-2015, 01:24 PM

You can't help it--you're just a little prick. And a liar too. I'll be happy to post the evidence for anyone who wants to see it. :lolup:

I think you need a 30-day self-imposed ban to help you remember that we're all here to get along and exchange information. And you can start by adding your phone number to the private phone list to show your new commitment to cooperation. Maybe that will keep you honest and a little more responsible for what you post here.

BTW, nobody gives a rat's ass about what kinda Harley you used to have. :spank:

Limoles
02-18-2015, 02:05 PM
So , nobody wants to know , that my WORST bike I ever owned , was Big Dog K-9 ?
Looked pretty , sound even better , but ..... SO WHAT ? Horrible imitation of sick idea on 2 wheels .

taxfree4
02-18-2015, 02:15 PM
So , nobody wants to know , that my WORST bike I ever owned , was Big Dog K-9 ?
Looked pretty , sound even better , but ..... SO WHAT ? Horrible imitation of sick idea on 2 wheels .

I started a new thread with pics of all our previous bikes called "Old Rides" let's see that baby

BobinMich
02-18-2015, 10:57 PM
I have had Harleys for over 30 years....and I have NEVER been stranded on the side of the road.....and I have racked up lots of miles, lots of trips. If I enjoy the F6b "Nearly" as much, I will be very happy. Yes, Harleys may have primitive technology, but it works for them and MILLIONS and MILLIONS of riders across this great country and the world.

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 03:39 AM
I've had them for over 30 years also and have one now. I was never stranded on the road but most of the complaints I have is being stranded at the dealership. Had to take one to court, won the case but why should it get to that point? You're in a customer service business the problem is,as I see it, being the only game in town for the longest time with no real competition you get the attitude "Where are you going to go?" Well now there is some real competition and hopefully that little bit of panic in Milwaukee will translate into the dealers. I used to go to another state to get mine serviced. Honda dealer 15 minutes away couldn't be nicer, didn't even buy the bike there, he was happy to service it, completely different mentality.

srt8-in-largo
02-19-2015, 10:38 PM
This board really does rock.

Whatever the issue was, it speaks highly that you're thinking about it constructively... and not stewing plotting revenge.

terrydj
02-20-2015, 04:56 AM
Peoples opinion on bikes??????
Harleys?????
its 2015 and people still ride a bike that has external push-rods
Breaks that don't work
Styling that at a minimum is 40 years old
A third world country finish
And handling???? well we'll just leave it at that
Oh and a charging system that's just ??????????? I mean its only 12 months old and the regulator rectifier is stuffed, and what the stater is stuffed because of some broken wires and why do I have to replace the belt, and it costs how much and takes how long ???
and what do you mean its made in India, But its American and the advertising says so ?? and and and and oh I got to by another because of my Harley T-shirt collection
Ahhh but I've built em and rode em but that was before Vaughn Beals formed a club to put American accountants on em (His own words) :icon_cool:

Old Ryder
02-20-2015, 06:45 AM
Dang! Been gone for a few days and it looks like I missed a good debate/argument/fight. Dang it!

1BADF6B
02-20-2015, 06:46 AM
^^^^^^^ Well said I dont think anyone could have said it better. My dad is a diehard harley guy. When he came up a few years back and road my M109r he went back to Florida and almost bought one. So if he comes up and rides my F6B I think he will go buy a wing. We will see :icon_cool::duck::yes:

Old Ryder
02-20-2015, 08:53 AM
With regards to the Indian, anybody have first hand knowledge as to their reliability? Dealer support?

I have demo-ed the Indian a number of times. They were offering a 5 year unlimited milage warranty on everything but tires--not sure if that is in effect, still. Polaris has a way of offering a 1 year warranty one year and 3 year the next year depending on how bad they are trying to move a product--2 year old models will generally get a free 3 year extended warranty with a $50 deductable. Doesn't matter--- If you go to the Victory boards-- and really anything Polaris, you will find that is the one downside to their products. A lot of their warranty claims are denied over stupid stuff such as pulling off a sticker on the tank the day of purchase--paint is not covered. Clutch cable breaking within a month--again denied. All warranty work has to be approved BEFORE the dealer touches the bike which means some have set in the shop for weeks awaiting approval. Again, this is what I read from the owners.

As for Indian, the closest dealership is 200 miles away.

Polaris makes great products--- but their customer service is the worst on the planet.

1BADF6B
02-20-2015, 09:52 AM
So they even offer an extended warranty for the F6B?? I was not offered one at the dealer when I bought mine new.

Elroy
02-20-2015, 10:35 AM
So they even offer an extended warranty for the F6B?? I was not offered one at the dealer when I bought mine new.

I was offered the extended warranty, but not the $1K Honda Bucks.....

Fla_rider
02-20-2015, 10:40 AM
I was offered the extended warranty, but not the $1K Honda Bucks.....

+1 Same here extended no $1k. Bought mine 1 April 2014

Limoles
02-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Peoples opinion on bikes??????
Harleys?????
its 2015 and people still ride a bike that has external push-rods
Breaks that don't work
Styling that at a minimum is 40 years old
A third world country finish
And handling???? well we'll just leave it at that
Oh and a charging system that's just ??????????? I mean its only 12 months old and the regulator rectifier is stuffed, and what the stater is stuffed because of some broken wires and why do I have to replace the belt, and it costs how much and takes how long ???
and what do you mean its made in India, But its American and the advertising says so ?? and and and and oh I got to by another because of my Harley T-shirt collection
Ahhh but I've built em and rode em but that was before Vaughn Beals formed a club to put American accountants on em (His own words) :icon_cool:

Yes - It's hard to believe , but HD sales outperform any other brand . Do not blame me for that .

Steve 0080
02-20-2015, 11:42 AM
I believe HD has 40% of the market...very well run company and marketing is superb!!!! Love them or hate them their business model is first class !!!

53driver
02-20-2015, 11:47 AM
I believe HD has 40% of the market...very well run company and marketing is superb!!!! Love them or hate them their business model is first class !!!

Speaking of "first class models" - interesting email, Sir Steve....thank you.

terrydj
02-20-2015, 08:45 PM
Yes - It's hard to believe , but HD sales outperform any other brand . Do not blame me for that .

On what planet
I know in America they did sell a few more than Ducati ???
But thats it
If their around 1/2 a million bikes new sold a year in America say and Harley sells maybe a touch over 250000 World Wide and 40000 of those in America, me thinks someones smoking something and I want some

But I do know for sure that Harley Davidson does lead the sales in Harley T-shirts, Bandannas and fake tattoos http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

BobinMich
02-21-2015, 06:20 PM
On what planet
I know in America they did sell a few more than Ducati ???
But thats it
If their around 1/2 a million bikes new sold a year in America say and Harley sells maybe a touch over 250000 World Wide and 40000 of those in America, me thinks someones smoking something and I want some

But I do know for sure that Harley Davidson does lead the sales in Harley T-shirts, Bandannas and fake tattoos http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Some FACTS to check out....Harley produced 260,471 Motorcycles in 2013. In EUROPE, NEW motorcycle registrations were DOWN 6.4 percent while NEW Harley Davidson registrations in Europe were UP from 12 percent to 13 percent of NEW motorcycles registered in Europe year over year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2014/03/19/harley-selling-more-motorcycles-both-in-u-s-and.html?page=all

BIGLRY
02-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Some FACTS to check out....Harley produced 260,471 Motorcycles in 2013. In EUROPE, NEW motorcycle registrations were DOWN 6.4 percent while NEW Harley Davidson registrations in Europe were UP from 12 percent to 13 percent of NEW motorcycles registered in Europe year over year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2014/03/19/harley-selling-more-motorcycles-both-in-u-s-and.html?page=all
And if you want to know the currant sales info for almost every MC made try http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-news/statistics/motorcycle-sales-statistics.htm
even stats on the strange Ural Motorcycle with "1,206 units sold. Of those, 1,151 were exported from the Irbit, Russia, factory. The U.S. is the biggest market for new Ural motorcycles; half of the worldwide production (604 motorcycles) were sold there. Of those, 428 were the Gear Up, Patrol and Patrol T models and 8% of all Urals shipped to the U.S. were the two-wheel-drive sidecar versions. Most of the Urals are sold in New England, California and Texas."

yea I know TMI, but there are a lot of facts about MC sales on the site. :icon_deadhorse:

shooter
02-21-2015, 07:31 PM
I don't find it hard to believe that Harley leads in sales. Everywhere I go that's all I see. The areas I ride in middle MO and Illinois I think I see 8 Harleys to every 1 of something else. Their customers are their best advertisement. To second what was said above , a very smart well run company.

terrydj
02-21-2015, 09:34 PM
I don't find it hard to believe that Harley leads in sales. Everywhere I go that's all I see. .

The same thing here in Australia a few years back
Yeap, every sunny Sunday before lunch lots of shiny Harleys everywhere with lets play dress up riders on their way for a Latte mega decaf, maybe 40 kays up the road.
But now their all up for sale for twice as much as they brought em for because of all the shiny stuff on em and the same Coffee joints are full of SUV's ?????
Don't believe me ???
The Motorcycle for sale places on the net have thousands of Harleys for sale a few years old with at best 20 thousand kays on em and 3 years old.
Thats around 4000 miles a year
maybe 80 miles a week??????
Here in Australia theirs a bit of a distance between Coffee shops ??? :icon_cool:

1BADF6B
02-21-2015, 09:47 PM
I bought mine in June of 14 as a leftover 13 but I was not offered a warranty of 1k in parts. My buddy bought his a week before me and didnt get either offer as well. Humm