PDA

View Full Version : Is The Climate changing , or not ?

Limoles
02-18-2015, 03:15 PM
New York City Could See Up To Six Feet Of Sea Level Rise This Century: Report

Climate change is already impacting New York City with rising temperatures and sea levels, which will only worsen as the century continues, according to a report released Tuesday from a panel of scientific experts.

In its 2015 report, the New York City Panel on Climate Change found that the most populous city in the United States is expected to see more frequent heat waves and extreme precipitation events. This is in line with the national and international trends other leading scientific bodies have observed.

The city's average annual temperatures, measured from Central Park, have risen about 3.4 degrees Fahrenheit since 1900. From 1971 to 2000, the average annual temperature in the city was 54 degrees, and models predict a a 4.1- to 5.7-degree increase by the middle of the century. Temperatures are projected to rise 5.3 to 8.8 degrees Fahrenheit by the 2080s.

Sea level rise, however, may pose an even greater challenge for coastal New York. Average sea levels have risen about 1.2 inches per decade in the city since 1900, or about 1.1 feet overall, according to the new report. This is almost twice the average global rate of 0.5 to 0.7 inches per decade.

This trend is expected to accelerate in the coming decades as greenhouse gas emissions generated by human activity continue to trap more of the sun's heat, warming and expanding the oceans and melting land-based glaciers and ice caps, among other contributions.

“The task at hand is daunting -- and that is why we’re making an unprecedented commitment, with a sweeping plan to reduce emissions 80 percent by 2050, and a comprehensive, multi-layered resiliency plan that is already making neighborhoods safer," New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a press statement.

The report's authors project sea levels around New York City will rise 11 to 21 inches by the middle of the century, 18 to 39 inches by the 2080s, and up to 6 feet by 2100. The researchers noted that their projections are specific to New York City, but "projections based on similar methods would not differ greatly throughout the coastal corridor from Boston to Washington, D.C."

"It is virtually certain that sea level rise alone will lead to an increased frequency and intensity of coastal flooding as the century progresses," they wrote. If sea levels rise to the higher end of current projections, twice as much of New York City will lie within the 100-year flood plain in 2100, as compared to 2013.

At 6 feet of sea level rise in 2100, nearly 20 percent of New York City's 469-square-mile land area would have a 1 percent chance of flooding in any given year. A little under 11 percent of the city's area is currently included in the 100-year flood plain, according to a preliminary FEMA assessment released in December 2013.

About 400,000 New Yorkers live within the current 100-year flood plain, which is more than any other U.S. city, including New Orleans.

"Sea level rise is an extremely challenging problem that requires both greenhouse gas emissions reduction and adaptation measures to successfully protect vulnerable coastal areas," Princeton University professor Michael Oppenheimer, who contributed to the report, told The Huffington Post. "This report is a model of how technical information can support decision-making."

This map shows areas of New York City that are likely to be flood-prone in the future, as a result of sea level rise.

"The report blends cutting-edge science with presentation of the information to policy makers in a risk-based framework so they are in a position to use it to make key judgments about how to protect a city from climate change," Oppenheimer said.

Hurricane Sandy in 2012 demonstrated some of the challenges New York will face this century, particularly when it comes to adapting the city's aging infrastructure and transportation network. Flooding from Sandy knocked out power for part of Manhattan and the storm caused unprecedented flooding in the city's train and vehicular tunnels under the Hudson and East rivers.

This week's report recommends that the city consider both mitigating climate change, through reducing emissions, and adapting to it. The authors advocate a multifaceted adaptation approach that uses engineering and existing ecosystems. Experts have previously cautioned that manmade "gray" infrastructure alone cannot solve New York City's resiliency challenges.

“Adapting the city for the risks of climate change is one of the great challenges of our time,” Daniel Zarrilli, director of the mayor’s Office of Recovery and Resiliency, said in a press release.

Along with Tuesday’s report, city leaders also announced progress on efforts to make New York more sustainable and improve resiliency. Measures include design work on a flood protection system for Manhattan’s Lower East Side and investments to protect vulnerable waterfront communities, among other programs. The city has also coated over 6 million square feet of roofs with reflective paint to cool buildings and combat urban heat island effect.

“This report from the New York City Panel on Climate Change advances the science of climate resiliency and highlights the risks the City faces from multiple climate impacts, making it clear that we must continue to build a stronger, more resilient New York,” Zarrilli said. “That’s why we are moving forward on projects across the city in partnership with a wide array of community partners and other stakeholders.”

Navvet
02-18-2015, 04:34 PM
Sounds like you need to give more $$$ to the ALGORE so he can stop global warming from happening to you. :jerkit:

Dmoon64
02-18-2015, 04:44 PM
So, what are you selling? :icon_lol:

Limoles
02-18-2015, 05:06 PM
Sounds like you need to give more $$$ to the ALGORE so he can stop global warming from happening to you. :jerkit:

I knew , you couldn't answer to original question . Let's leave it to Almighty . Science is not for everybody.

Limoles
02-18-2015, 05:09 PM
So, what are you selling? :icon_lol:

Not selling , but spreading RECOGNITION . Buying it can be to expensive.

F6B1911
02-18-2015, 05:21 PM
The climate could be changing, but is that the issue here?

How old is plant Earth?
Then ....
How long has man been keeping records?

tinknocker
02-18-2015, 05:24 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::poke::poke:

Phantom
02-18-2015, 05:39 PM
Why is this posted in the classifieds?

Deer Slayer
02-18-2015, 05:45 PM
As we say in the South, them Yankees like snow or they would move. Some of them hear us and now we have Damn Yankees. :yikes:

Limoles
02-18-2015, 05:55 PM
The climate could be changing, but is that the issue here?

How old is plant Earth?
Then ....
How long has man been keeping records?

Since climate changes affecting many of us , it can be an issue
According to the scientists , Planet Earth is 4,5 Billion years old . In medieval ages nobody knew that .
Records are kept since people decided to keep tracking abnormalities of temperatures and all biodiversity in entire ecosystem.

Limoles
02-18-2015, 05:57 PM
Why is this posted in the classifieds?

Sorry . Is there another place for it ?

Phantom
02-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Sorry . Is there another place for it ?

Off-Topic :shrug:

Limoles
02-18-2015, 06:25 PM
Off-Topic :shrug:

Please erase it .

Hornblower
02-18-2015, 06:28 PM
Just wait for a few more years and the same "scientific" folks, now passionate over global warming, will be warning of the impending return to another ice age :duck:.

Phantom
02-18-2015, 06:32 PM
Please erase it .

We can move it to off topic, just didn't know your reasoning for posting the thread in the classifieds .... brain fart ? :icon_redface: We all have those

taxfree4
02-18-2015, 06:57 PM
Didn't we just have this conversation. :077:

Limoles
02-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Didn't we just have this conversation. :077:

Hey - You will be THE FIRST keeping your bikes ... on the third floor .

taxfree4
02-18-2015, 07:22 PM
Sandy took my 883 Sportster and my Audi A5, but I wound up with a XL1200 and a Q5 so in the end it was a plus. Imagine after this flood, who knows, I may have a Chieftain and a Bentley.

bigbird
02-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Sandy took my 883 Sportster and my Audi A5

Was she your last ex-wife? :icon_laugh:

bobbyf6b
02-18-2015, 10:06 PM
Climate changes everyday. It has done so since the beginning of time on earth. :icon_doh:

To blame it on man is giving us too much credit. The planet will be here long after we're gone.

Cheesyryder
02-18-2015, 11:35 PM
The weather changes everyday, climate is a longer time frame.
Global warming is a thing, of course the earth will survive-but we could be facing a meltdown of the living biosphere

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 03:56 AM
Was she your last ex-wife? :icon_laugh:

Hurricane Sandy was a sun filled spring morning with birds singing compared to my last ex-wife. Satan calls her boss, but I'm not bitter.

bigbird
02-19-2015, 07:54 AM
Hurricane Sandy was a sun filled spring morning with birds singing compared to my last ex-wife. Satan calls her boss, but I'm not bitter.

funnypost. At least you still have lots of toys and a roof over your head.

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 07:56 AM
funnypost. At least you still have lots of toys and a roof over your head.

I learned how to hide money after my first wife, basic training. That's the beautiful thing about an all cash business.

racer
02-19-2015, 11:36 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/02/bad_news_for_warmists_sun_has_entered_weakest_sola r_cycle_in_a_century.html

From the article-

The conceit that human production of carbon dioxide is capable of driving the earth’s climate is running smack into the sun. CO2 accounts for a mere 0.039% of the atmosphere, while the sun accounts for 99.86% of all of the mass in our entire solar system. And Ol’ Sol is not taking the insult lightly

It is common sense to believe that the sun has more influence on global temperatures than a trace gas. With a 17 year “pause” in the predicted outcomes of an increase in atmospheric CO2, warmists face more and more awkward questions.

BTW- the climate changes all the time. Always has.

bobbyf6b
02-19-2015, 12:25 PM
I think Global Whining is going to kill us all. :jerkit:

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 02:01 PM
The Global Warming thing blew up in their face so they renamed it "Climate Change" as if the climate is a static thing and has no dynamic qualities to it. Same people that brought us short is vertically challenged, handicap is minimally able, children's sports with no scoring, no smoking at outdoor cafes but the exhaust from the bumper to bumper traffic 10 ft. away is OK and women in combat.

terrydj
02-19-2015, 02:28 PM
So funny how people get on the Band Wagon ???
The hottest periods in recorded time were in the thirties??
That English crowd that did all the climate testing that that Al Gore based and promoted his facts on were taken to court and they said they faked everything because of the money involved ???

Here in the land down under we have the highest Skin Cancer rates in the world and it rains.
The other week a 11' in a day and I can remember when we had where I lived 26" in a day but then again a few years back we had a state as big as maybe a 1/5th of America under water.
And its bloody raining now
And Cyclone Marsha coming down the coast with winds up to 280KPH near 180Mph
Category 5
Another day in paradise

Just too many people believe what people put forward to make money out of. :icon_cool:

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 04:43 PM
So

how people get on the Band Wagon ???
The hottest periods in recorded time were in the thirties??
That English crowd that did all the climate testing that that Al Gore based and promoted his facts on were taken to court and they said they faked everything because of the money involved ???

Here in the land down under we have the highest Skin Cancer rates in the world and it rains.
The other week a 11' in a day and I can remember when we had where I lived 26" in a day but then again a few years back we had a state as big as maybe a 1/5th of America under water.
And its bloody raining now
And Cyclone Marsha coming down the coast with winds up to 280KPH near 180Mph
Category 5
Another day in paradise

Just too many people believe what people put forward to make money out of. :icon_cool:

Or the other version of that: "There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum

Or the other version of that:

terrydj
02-19-2015, 06:20 PM
The North Coast now in lockdown
Everyone ordered off the streets
Everyone ordered to stay in their homes
Ordered to go to the strongest part of their homes
Heaps of people in shelters from low lying areas
Yepoon Capricorn Coast is about to get clobbered
Catergory 5 Cyclone
???? Global warming
We had this crap before it was popular:icon_cool:

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 07:13 AM
-15 with the wind chill, here's your Global Warming :hifu:

jaygollner
02-20-2015, 09:51 AM
I think I will listen to NASA and the DOD on this issue and let the deniers live in their delusions. I hope this doesn't offend my two followers as I would hate to have them run to the teacher and tattle tale on me.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/220575-pentagon-unveils-plan-to-fight-climate-change

"Among the future trends that will impact our national security is climate change," Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel writes in the report's introduction.

"Rising global temperatures, changing precipitation patterns, climbing sea levels, and more extreme weather events will intensify the challenges of global instability, hunger, poverty, and conflict. They will likely lead to food and water shortages, pandemic disease, disputes over refugees and resources, and destruction by natural disasters in regions across the globe," he adds.

The report asserts that climate change will affect the Pentagon's ability to "defend the nation" and "poses immediate risks to U.S. national security," which is why the department is factoring impacts into everything from "war games" to "defense planning scenarios."

The road map divides the Pentagon's response into two sections: adaptation, or addressing current and future changes; and mitigation, or actions to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Under those two sections, the Pentagon identifies three broad goals, which include identifying and assessing the effects of climate on the department, integrating it into every action across the department, and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 10:02 AM
5 records in one day, how about that.

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Thermometers malfunctioned in Minnesota:

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) —* Some of the coldest air of the season has settled into Minnesota.

The bottom dropped out of readings in the northern region of the state Thursday. The community of Embarrass reported a temperature of 41 below zero. That’s without the wind chill factor. Forecasters say that’s the lowest recorded temperature in northern Minnesota this winter.

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 10:12 AM
The nation is still in the midst*a winter grip that seems to be getting tighter instead of looser with many parts of the country experiencing life-threatening cold.

Wind chill advisories were issued Wednesday from*Chicago and Detroit and extending as far east as Baltimore. In some areas, the brutally cold winds will bring temperatures of minus 9 with wind chills as low as*minus 25 degrees.

Forecasters in Raleigh, North Carolina,*issued warnings*that Thursday will bring “life-threatening” cold. Authorities warn that “freezing winds that could cause frostbite and put lives at risk” will descend on the area.

Even Florida is set to have temperatures in the*low 30s.

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 10:17 AM
Deep freeze sets records across eastern US and causes 11 deaths in Tennessee

Record lows recorded at Newark airport and New York City’s Central Park
Six deaths from hypothermia, five from car accidents or inability to reach care

Newark Liberty airport reported a low of just 1F (-17C), breaking the record low of 5F (-15C) set in 1936, according to the Associated Press. With wind chills, the temperature would have felt like between -10F (-23C) and -20F (-29C). In New York City’s Central Park, the low hit 2F (-16.5C), breaking a record of 7F (-14C) from 1950. In upstate*New York, much of Niagara Falls was frozen over.

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 10:19 AM
Flint, Mich., has tied its all-time record low for any month*when the temperature dropped to a brutal minus 25 degrees on Friday morning. The last time it was so cold in Flint was on Jan. 18, 1976.

Cleveland broke its all-time record low for the month of February when the thermometer bottomed out at 17 degrees below zero on Friday morning. The new record surpassed the previous by one degree, set more than a century ago on Feb. 10, 1899.

Many record lows for the date have been set in major cities along the Eastern Seaboard, including New York, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Atlanta and Miami.

In Washington, a temperature of 5 degrees Friday morning was enough to smash a 120-year-old record for this date. That temperature, as measured at Reagan National Airport, broke the mark of 8 degrees that entered the record books on this date in 1896. D.C.’s record low of 5 degrees also surpassed last winter’s coldest low of 6 degrees on Jan. 7, 2014.

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 10:27 AM
Another arctic blast arrived last night and this morning gusty breezes will make it feel like it’s well below zero. This afternoon features partly sunny skies with a few flurries with feel like temperatures in the single digits all day. Speaking of single digits, tonight that is likely for downtown D.C. with some of our suburbs slipping below zero making it the coldest air we’ve seen in over 20 years. Factor in the breeze and it will be brutal

I'd keep going but my battery is dying, probably due to the cold, gotta recharge.

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 10:57 AM
The odds of breaking 5 records in one day, regarding cold temperatures, are astronomical. To put it in perspective if the chance of breaking 1 record in one day is 100 to 1 then breaking 5 in one day would be 10,000,000,000 to 1, the mathematical translation to that is - "That's Fargin COLD"

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 02:45 PM
On thinking about it I have revised the numbers, it looks to me that that number should be 365 to be multiplied reflecting the amount of days in the year where all the variables would have to fall on in one day. So having said that the odds of breaking the 5 coldest temperatures in one day is: 1 in 6,478,348,728,125, which, to me, is about the same odds as Jane Fonda being the emcee at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Dinner in Washington DC and AL Gore being honored by the Mensa Society.

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Great Lakes “likely to have the most ice since records began,” says meteorologist

“Great Lakes ice is now running ahead of last year and ice will increase with more brutal cold coming,” says meteorologist Joe d’Aleo.*“We are likely to have the most ice since records began.”

“By the end of February the entire country east of the Rockies will have averaged below normal,” says d’Aleo. “Boston will have either the coldest or second coldest month in their history. It is nearly 13F below normal in Cleveland and all points east for February. Boston has the second most snow for the season and is very likely to be the snowiest ever by the end of the winter. They blew away the all time monthly snow record by 18 inches and could end up with 6 feet if models are right in 1 month. Ice has clogged Delaware Bay and New York and Boston Harbors.”

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 03:37 PM
Summer 2014 is the coldest in a decade

The summer of 2014 has been one of the mildest on the books — and could be the first summer in a decade without a heatwave.

“It wasn’t clear if it was going to be a hot or a cool summer,” said National Weather Service meteorologist David Stark. “We started out the year very cool and it seems like we just continued that. It doesn’t look like we have any heat waves in the near future.”

Instead of searching for the skimpiest outfits to battle the sizzling sun, New Yorkers are reaching for their sweatshirts.

“It’s been so much colder this summer,” said Susan Vartholomatos, 51, who broke out her bikini for a beach day Friday afternoon. “In the morning, when I go out to my terrace, I need a sweatshirt.”

Vartholomatos said she wishes it was hotter, adding “I’d take heat and humidity over snow any day.”

Only four days have hit 90 degrees this summer, three in July and one in August, with the hottest temperature on the books clocking in at 91.

The last time the city went without a heat wave – classified as three consecutive days of temperatures higher than 90 degrees – was in 2004.

The cooler temps aren’t just affecting people looking to get a good tan. Beach businesses at Coney Island say they’ve taken a hit this season.

“This is the coldest I’ve experienced in a while,” said Ahmad Hussian, whose father owns a store called Sun & Fun on Surf Avenue. “Not a lot of people are coming here at all, but I have sold a lot of hoodies.”

Monica Ghee, who has been working a game called Coney Island High Striker for 45 summers, said the boardwalk clears out at night.

“It’s been a strange season,” she said. “There’s been no real summer so far.”

While a late summer heat wave is possible, forecasters at the National Weather Service say there’s a slim chance one will slip in the next few weeks.

Typically, the city sees at least 15 days that top 90 degrees with at least one heat wave mixed in.

“We haven’t even had a day where it reaches 100 degrees,” complained Naquan Gathers, who runs a Ghost’s Hole at Coney Island.

http://nypost.com/2014/08/08/summer-2014-is-coldest-in-a-decade/

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 06:15 PM
I pray to the God of Global Warming to unleash his mighty power and blanket the planet with heat and humidity, melting ice caps and high water levels so we here in New York don't have the coldest summer in decades, again.

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Waves of the Mediterranean Sea hit the beach during rainy weather in Gaza City, in the northern Gaza Strip, Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. A heavy winter storm descended on parts of the Middle East on Friday

taxfree4
02-20-2015, 06:44 PM
An ultra-Orthodox Jewish man prays at the Western Wall, the holiest site where Jews can pray in Jerusalem's old city, Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. A heavy winter storm descended on parts of the Middle East on Friday, with snow forcing the closure of all roads leading in and out of Jerusalem and sprinkling Israel's desert with a rare layer of white.*

bigbird
02-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Waves of the Mediterranean Sea hit the beach during rainy weather in Gaza City, in the northern Gaza Strip, Friday, Feb. 20, 2015. A heavy winter storm descended on parts of the Middle East on Friday

What's that in the background?
a) salt water desalinization plant?
b) steam turbine electric plant?
c) giant pizza oven?

bigbird
02-20-2015, 07:16 PM
An ultra-Orthodox Jewish man prays at the Western Wall,

Looks to me like he's just taking a leak.

Felloverboard
02-20-2015, 07:56 PM
We have bigger problems just ahead.....

REV-9... 14 saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.”15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.

This is not the battle of Armeggedon, but the REV -6:7 war ... the Pale Horse. what will cause the world to look for a one world leader to bring peace from whatever is left, the one who will usher in Tribulation if you do not see everything his way.

The Eurphrates river runs through Turkey, Syria, Irag, Iran...... One Third of mankind is 2.3 Billion people <not million

flyboy
02-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Looks to me like he's just taking a leak.

:lolup: That there is funny!

From all I can read and understand about it, we have two choices, which are: stand back and watch what happens, or try to do something about it!

1BADF6B
02-20-2015, 10:58 PM
Sandy took my 883 Sportster and my Audi A5, but I wound up with a XL1200 and a Q5 so in the end it was a plus. Imagine after this flood, who knows, I may have a Chieftain and a Bentley.

Not the best way to upgrade but hell yeah

Limoles
02-20-2015, 11:58 PM
We have bigger problems just ahead.....

REV-9... 14 saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.”15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.

This is not the battle of Armeggedon, but the REV -6:7 war ... the Pale Horse. what will cause the world to look for a one world leader to bring peace from whatever is left, the one who will usher in Tribulation if you do not see everything his way.

The Eurphrates river runs through Turkey, Syria, Irag, Iran...... One Third of mankind is 2.3 Billion people <not million

Aaaaaah, religion...perhaps mankind's dumbest invention !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 12:04 AM
What's that in the background?
a) salt water desalinization plant?
b) steam turbine electric plant?
c) giant pizza oven?

The smokestack from Al Gore's barbecue pit

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 12:09 AM
Looks to me like he's just taking a leak. :icon_laugh:

My question is if it's so cold out why are you under the only bush in sight wouldn't you want to be in the sun?

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 12:27 AM
:lolup: That there is funny!

From all I can read and understand about it, we have two choices, which are: stand back and watch what happens, or try to do something about it!

When I'm urinating on a wall I like to stand back and watch what happens and that is what I'm doing about it. People, nothing to fear as our fearless leader will guide us to the light, unfortunately, the light is coming from his 100' houseboat that gets a half mile to a gallon and needs two dock connections to power the boat.

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 12:55 AM
14°F -10°C
Feels Like 11°F -12°C Humidity 46% Wind WNW 2 MPH Gusts 9
Dew Point -3°F
Barometer 30.51 in. 775 mm - Rising Slowly
Reported from MADIS station D5729, 3.4 miles S of Brooklyn, at 12:38 AM Sat, Feb 21, 2015

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 01:26 AM
If you're reading this from anywhere in the United States right now, there's a pretty good chance it's cold outside. We're in the middle of a massive freeze that could last until March, the breadth of which NASA's Terra satellite just captured in the remarkable view you see above. See all that territory blanketed in white? That's snow. It's not cloud patterns, or a representation of wind currents, just a bunch of frozen water atop even colder ground. NASA supplemented the photo with some harrowing, record-breaking numbers:

•1ºF in Baltimore, MD
•-6ºF in Louisville, KY
•7ºF in Charlotte, NC
•4ºF in Asheville, NC
•18ºF in Macon, GA
•14ºF in Athens, GA

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 08:31 AM
The temperatures are so cold in Florida the elderly are fleeing in droves.

jaygollner
02-21-2015, 10:22 AM
IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Release No: NR-517-14
October 13, 2014

http://www.defense.gov/Releases/Release.aspx?ReleaseID=16976

DoD Releases 2014 Climate Change Adaptation Roadmap

Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) released its 2014 Climate Change Adaptation Roadmap, which focuses on various actions and planning the DoD is taking to increase its resilience to the impacts of climate change.

"Among the future trends that will impact our national security is climate change," said Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel. "Rising global temperatures, changing precipitation patterns, climbing sea levels, and more extreme weather events will intensify the challenges of global instability, hunger, poverty, and conflict. By taking a proactive, flexible approach to assessment, analysis, and adaptation, the Defense Department will keep pace with a changing climate, minimize its impacts on our missions, and continue to protect our national security."

The 2014 Climate Change Adaptation Roadmap is available publicly at http://www.acq.osd.mil/ie/download/CCARprint.pdf.

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 10:26 AM
5 records in one day

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 10:35 AM
IN April this year, the papers were full of warnings the Arctic ice could all melt.

“We’re actually projecting this year that the North Pole may be free of ice for the first time,” claimed Dr David Barber, of Manitoba University, ignoring the many earlier times the Pole has been ice free.

“It’s hard to see how the system may bounce back (this year),” fretted Dr Ignatius Rigor, of Washington University’s polar science centre.

Tim Flannery also warned “this may be the Arctic’s first ice-free year”, and the ABC and Age got reporter Marian Wilkinson to go stare at the ice and wail: “Here you can see climate change happening before your eyes.”

In fact,*the Arctic’s ice cover this year was almost 10 per cent above last year’s great low, and has refrozen rapidly since. Meanwhile, sea ice in the Southern Hemisphere has been increasing. Been told either cool fact?

Yet Barber is again in the news this month, predicting an ice-free Arctic now in six years. Did anyone ask him how he got his last prediction wrong?

Lesson:*The media prefers hot scares to cool truths. And it rarely holds its pet scaremongers to account.

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 10:38 AM
A BAD ski season three years ago - right after a great one - had The Age and other alarmists blaming global warming. The CSIRO, once our top science body, fanned the fear by claiming resorts such as Mt Hotham and Mt Buller could lose a quarter of their snow by 2020.

In fact,*this year was another boom one for skiing, with Mt Hotham and Mt Buller covered in snow five weeks before the season started.

What’s more, a study this year in the Hydrological Sciences Journal checked six climate models, including one used by the CSIRO.

It found they couldn’t even predict the regional climate we’d had already: “Local model projections cannot be credible . . .”

It also confirmed the finding of a study last year in the International Journal of Climatology that the 22 most cited global warming models could not “accurately explain the (global) climate from the recent past”.

As for predicting the future. . .

Lesson:*The CSIRO’s scary predictions are near worthless.*

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 10:58 AM
THE seas will rise up to 100m by 2100, claims ABC Science Show host Robyn Williams. Six metres, suggests Al Gore. So let’s take in “climate refugees” from low-lying Tuvalu, says federal Labor. And ban coastal development, says the Brumby Government.

In fact,*while the seas have slowly risen since the last ice age, before man got gassy, they’ve stopped rising for the last two, according to data from the Jason-1 satellite.

“There is no evidence for accelerated sea-level rises,” the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute declared last month.

Lesson:*Trust the data, not the politicians.

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 11:08 AM
So the scientists at the University of Colorado’s NASA-funded Sea Level Research Group did what any other self-respecting cult members would do, they fudged the numbers. They simply added .3 millimeters per year to its Global*Mean Sea Level*Time Series. That way they could report that the sea level rise was accelerating, instead of what was actually happening–decelerating.

This isn’t the first time NASA climate-change scientists have fudged data.*James Hansen*is famous for it.

James Hansen of NASA is not just any global warming Moonbat, he is*Al Gore’s*global warming Moonbat. It was Hansen’s data that was used in Gore’s Oscar/Peace prize winning film. Hansen’s work is ruled by one motto: “If God gives you rotten apples, tell everyone it’s champagne (1)

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 11:11 AM
Climate scientists allied with the IPCC have been caught citing fake data to make the case that global warming is accelerating, a shocking example of mass public deception that could spell the beginning of the end for the acceptance of man-made climate change theories.

On Monday, NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), run by Al Gore’s chief scientific ally, Dr James Hansen, announced that last month was the hottest October on record.

“This was startling,”*reports the London Telegraph. “Across the world there were reports of unseasonal snow and plummeting temperatures last month, from the American Great Plains to China, and from the Alps to New Zealand. China’s official news agency reported that Tibet had suffered its “worst snowstorm ever”. In the US, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration registered 63 local snowfall records and 115 lowest-ever temperatures for the month, and ranked it as only the 70th-warmest October in 114 years.”

It soon came to light that the data produced by NASA to make the claim, and in particular temperature records covering large areas of Russia, was merely carried over from the previous month. NASA had used temperature records from the naturally hotter month of September and claimed they represented temperature figures in October.

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 11:16 AM
Resigned and unemployed

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 12:35 PM
EDUCATION — Graduate, Brown Institute for Radio and Television, Minneapolis, 1966; bachelor's degree, history, University of Nebraska, Omaha, 1971.

Brevity is the soul of wit so I'll just let that lay there like a hanging chad.

taxfree4
02-21-2015, 01:40 PM
This should be the official Presidential campaign t-shirt

jaygollner
02-22-2015, 09:22 AM
Still sticking with NASA, DOD, and NOAA.

http://www.noaa.gov/climate.html

Americans’ health, security, and economic well-being are tied to climate and weather. In the last 2 years, the United States experienced 25 climate- and weather-related disasters that claimed 1,141 lives and each exceeded $1 billion ($175 billion total) in damages. The public, businesses, resource managers, and policy leaders are increasingly asking for information to help them understand how and why climate conditions are changing and how they can prepare.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is a primary provider of climate science, data, tools, and information used by stakeholders and citizens in decision-making contexts. These resources are supported by our strong foundation in science — including global climate observation and monitoring networks; world-renowned scientists; and state-of-the-art climate models.

NOAA is working with partners and the public to build a climate-smart nation that is resilient to climate and weather extremes, and long-term changes. Drawing upon NOAA’s foundation in science, our objectives are to:

edgeman55
02-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Still sticking with NASA, DOD, and NOAA.

http://www.noaa.gov/climate.html

Americans’ health, security, and economic well-being are tied to climate and weather. In the last 2 years, the United States experienced 25 climate- and weather-related disasters that claimed 1,141 lives and each exceeded $1 billion ($175 billion total) in damages. The public, businesses, resource managers, and policy leaders are increasingly asking for information to help them understand how and why climate conditions are changing and how they can prepare.

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) is a primary provider of climate science, data, tools, and information used by stakeholders and citizens in decision-making contexts. These resources are supported by our strong foundation in science — including global climate observation and monitoring networks; world-renowned scientists; and state-of-the-art climate models.

NOAA is working with partners and the public to build a climate-smart nation that is resilient to climate and weather extremes, and long-term changes. Drawing upon NOAA’s foundation in science, our objectives are to:

Intersting read Jay.I don't post much to these type topics because like religion many people don't want to hear facts.Make believe is just that make believe.At the rate the polar ice fields are melting I may be alive still when our friends in Florida and New York are under water.I love when people say heck its cold this winter so where is the Global warming?They just don't get it as said Super storms will increase with time and it will be a huge hit to our already fragile economy.I guess the only good thing is with the destruction of communitys constuction will prosper.I believe in science not fables in books from thousands of years ago.Ride safe all.

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 04:21 PM
Now, in what might be the largest scientific fraud ever uncovered, NASA and the NOAA have been caught red-handed altering historical temperature data to produce a "climate change narrative" that defies reality. This finding, originally documented on the*Real Science website, is detailed here.

We now know that historical temperature data for the continental United States were deliberately altered by NASA and NOAA scientists in a politically-motivated attempt to rewrite history and claim global warming is causing U.S. temperatures to trend upward. The data actually show that we are in a*cooling trend, not a warming trend (see charts below).

This story is starting to break worldwide right now across the media, with*The Telegraph*now reporting (1), "NOAA's US Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been 'adjusting' its record by replacing real temperatures with data 'fabricated' by computer models

At least the Global Warming people are batting a 1000, they're wrong very single time.

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 04:34 PM
NOAA's U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has been 'adjusting' its record by replacing real temperatures with data 'fabricated' by computer models. The effect of this has been to downgrade earlier temperatures and to exaggerate those from recent decades to give the impression that the Earth has been warming up much more than is justified by the actual data."

Goddard compared the most recently published graphs with "those based only on temperatures measured at the time." He concludes: "The U.S. has actually been cooling since the '30s, the hottest decade on record; whereas the latest graph, nearly half of it based on 'fabricated' data, shows it to have been warming at a rate equivalent to more than 3 degrees centigrade per century."

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 04:54 PM
The U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), part of the Department of Defense, has denied operating surveillance drones in two different states, issuing statements that have been proven to be completely false.

Headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Florida, USSOCOM is the Unified Combatant Command charged with overseeing the various Special Operations Commands of the Army, Air Force, Navy and Marine Corps.

Following our publication last week of a*map of current and proposed Department of Defense drone activities within the U.S., several journalists with local publications around the country wrote articles regarding drone activities that were listed in their area.* David Brooks of the Nashua Telegraph*wrote about the listing of New Hampshire’s Mt. Washington as the site of a USSOCOM drone activity*involving small unmanned aerial vehicles including the Raven and Wasp.* Corey Pein of the Willamette Week*wrote about a planned USSOCOM drone activity in Portland*that was listed as utilizing the same types of drones.

If they lie about spying on their own citizens and only admitting it when they get caught can we believe anything they say?

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Twenty-year-old models which have suggested serious ice loss in the eastern Antarctic have been compared with reality for the first time – and found to be wrong, so much so that it now appears that no ice is being lost at all.

“Previous ocean models … have predicted temperatures and melt rates that are too high, suggesting a significant mass loss in this region that is actually not taking place,” says Tore Hattermann of the Norwegian Polar Institute, member of a team which has obtained two years’ worth of direct measurements below the massive Fimbul Ice Shelf in eastern Antarctica – the first ever to be taken.

According to a statement from the American Geophysical Union, announcing the new research:

It turns out that past studies, which were based on computer models without any direct data for comparison or guidance, overestimate the water temperatures and extent of melting beneath the Fimbul Ice Shelf. This has led to the misconception, Hattermann said, that the ice shelf is losing mass at a faster rate than it is gaining mass, leading to an overall loss of mass.

The team’s results show that water temperatures are far lower than computer models predicted …

Hatterman and his colleagues, using 12 tons of hot-water drilling equipment, bored three holes more than 200m deep through the Fimbul Shelf, which spans an area roughly twice the size of New Jersey. The location of each hole was cunningly chosen so that the various pathways by which water moves beneath the ice shelf could be observed, and instruments were lowered down.

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Typically, at high pool, that tire reef is under 30 feet of water, [or] 35 feet of water," says Rowe.

But the water level is now more than 40 vertical feet below normal.

The drought is not solely responsible for that dramatic drop: Problems with the dam forced the water level down about 25 feet in 2005. The drought is responsible for the remainder.

That receding water level has also revealed at least eight sunken, and forgotten, boats.

"All of the boats we're finding," Rowe says, are "well over 12 years old," and they likely went unreported at the time of sinking.

California's long-term drought has significantly dropped the water level at Lake Perris in Southern California. According to local fishermen, all of this sand used to be covered in water.

The U.S. Drought Monitor reports that more than 67 percent of California is experiencing "extreme drought." Only the tiniest sliver of the state has escaped the ongoing drought conditions.

I hope those polar ice caps melt very quickly, California needs it.

Navvet
02-22-2015, 09:38 PM
New York City Could See Up To Six Feet Of Sea Level Rise This Century: Report

Climate change is already impacting New York City with rising temperatures and sea levels, which will only worsen as the century continues, according to a report released Tuesday from a panel of scientific experts. ~~~~

Sea level rise, however, may pose an even greater challenge for coastal New York. Average sea levels have risen about 1.2 inches per decade in the city since 1900, or about 1.1 feet overall, according to the new report. This is almost twice the average global rate of 0.5 to 0.7 inches per decade.

This trend is expected to accelerate in the coming decades as greenhouse gas emissions generated by human activity continue to trap more of the sun's heat, warming and expanding the oceans and melting land-based glaciers and ice caps, among other contributions.

“The task at hand is daunting -- and that is why we’re making an unprecedented commitment, with a sweeping plan to reduce emissions 80 percent by 2050, and a comprehensive, multi-layered resiliency plan that is already making neighborhoods safer," New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a press statement.

The report's authors project sea levels around New York City will rise 11 to 21 inches by the middle of the century, 18 to 39 inches by the 2080s, and up to 6 feet by 2100. The researchers noted that their projections are specific to New York City, but "projections based on similar methods would not differ greatly throughout the coastal corridor from Boston to Washington, D.C."

"It is virtually certain that sea level rise alone will lead to an increased frequency and intensity of coastal flooding as the century progresses," they wrote. If sea levels rise to the higher end of current projections, twice as much of New York City will lie within the 100-year flood plain in 2100, as compared to 2013.

”:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

And from the "Real Science" website .... (https://stevengoddard.wordpress.com)

Climate Criminals Hurt Real People
Posted on February 20, 2015 by stevengoddard
Frank Cook | February 15, 2015 at 7:03 pm
In 1986 I owned a house right on the beach (Long Island Sound). The foundation of the house was approximately 12 feet above the mean high tide level. In that year I had to make a decision to sell that house or another house not on the coast. My decision was “informed” by “scientific” predictions of impending sea-level rise which would cause disastrous consequences on our coastline over the next 30 or 40 years (for example, see http://www.nytimes.com/1986/02/18/science/significant-rise-in-sea-level-now-seems-certain.html ). So I sold the beach house. Hansen’s widely-reported 1988 or ’89 claims about massive problems expected to hit NYC due to sea-level rise over about that same period appeared to justify the concerns that led to my decision to sell the house.

Well, it’s almost 30 years since then, and the foundation of that house is still approximately 12 feet above the mean high tide level. I have been deprived of the enjoyment of that property over the last 30 years because I foolishly believed that there was a valid scientific basis rather than a political basis to those claims about impending sea-level rise.

Who is going to compensate me for the damage that was done to my life?

People such as Hansen line their pockets with alarmist cash while making pronouncements that are false. In any other line of work people would go to jail for such deceit."""

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 09:54 PM
I apologize

Fla_rider
02-23-2015, 11:27 AM

:lolup:

jaygollner
02-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Intersting read Jay.I don't post much to these type topics because like religion many people don't want to hear facts.Make believe is just that make believe.At the rate the polar ice fields are melting I may be alive still when our friends in Florida and New York are under water.I love when people say heck its cold this winter so where is the Global warming?They just don't get it as said Super storms will increase with time and it will be a huge hit to our already fragile economy.I guess the only good thing is with the destruction of communitys constuction will prosper.I believe in science not fables in books from thousands of years ago.Ride safe all.

I think most reasonable people understand that climate change is real but there is real disagreement on what the impact on us will be.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/09/23/most-americans-believe-in-climate-change-but-give-it-low-priority/

Polls show most Americans believe in climate change, but give it low priority.......................................... ..................... In the U.S., a solid majority believe there is evidence that global warming is happening, but they do not rank global climate change as one of the top threats facing the country.

Last month, nearly half of Americans (48%) rated global climate change as a major threat — well behind concerns such as the militant group ISIS (67%), Iran’s nuclear program (59%) and North Korea’s nuclear program (57%). In an international survey of 39 publics last year, Americans were among the least concerned about climate change threatening their country.

Here is an interesting read about American attitudes from the Washington post.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/04/22/how-americans-see-global-warming-in-8-charts/

taxfree4
02-23-2015, 06:43 PM
"Pew's tactics have become bitterly controversial in North America," asserted the*West Highland*(Scotland)*Free Press. "They have adopted a philosophy of paying for research and journalism out of their bottomless resources in order to influence public opinion towards the causes to which they are committed."

The "national media mugging of the salmon farming industry stemmed not from any impartial, unsullied source, but from an organization with an agenda," summarized the*Free Press*in a separate editorial. "Their record stands rather on the wildest extremes of the environmentalist movement. Pew's lavish amounts of money are used not for impartial scientific inquiry but to further the aims of that movement."

"The salmon scare which threatened last weekend to bring British salmon farming to its knees," noted the *London Times, "is a sorry saga of flawed science, selective research and hidden commercial bias. That it was allowed into the pages of the apparently respectable journal*Science*is inexplicable. Its worldwide promotion by an organization with a vested interest in undermining farmed Atlantic salmon in favor of the wild Alaskan variety is a scandal."

Flawed Science, selective research for hidden commercial bias, I know I've heard somewhere before...wait it'll come to me, wait...

Got it

taxfree4
02-23-2015, 06:50 PM
U.N. Official Reveals Real Reason Behind Warming Scare

At a news conference last week in Brussels, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, admitted that the goal of environmental activists is not to save the world from ecological calamity but to destroy capitalism.

"This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution," she said.

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 04:02 AM
Fears over plastic-eating coral in Australia's Barrier Reef

Corals in the Great Barrier Reef are eating small plastic debris in the ocean, Australian researchers said on Tuesday, raising fears about the impact the indigestible fragments have on their health and other marine life.

The scientists found that when they placed corals from the reef into plastic-contaminated water, the marine life "ate plastic at rates only slightly lower than their normal rate of feeding on marine plankton", the study published in the journal Marine Biology said.

"If microplastic pollution increases on the Great Barrier Reef, corals could be negatively affected as their tiny stomach cavities become full of indigestible plastic," Mia Hoogenboom of Queensland state's James Cook University said.

Translation - The environmentalists are sheeting a pill because the earth figured out a way, as it always has, to degrade plastic so it takes a major scare tactic away from their fundraising potential, follow the money.

fxdl2051
02-24-2015, 05:43 AM
Well the good news is when climate change renders the planet uninhabitable we'll finally be rid of Miley Cyrus, seems like a fair trade.

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 07:27 AM
Like plastic bags, environmentalist wackos, global warming/climate change boogie men and Miley Cyrus we're all going to be around for a long, long time. Although she'd make a hell of a stamp licker with that cow tongue of hers. I'll just let that one sit there and wait for incoming.

jaygollner
02-24-2015, 08:29 AM
Even the "Red Chinese" believe in global warming.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/11/11/us-china-joint-announcement-climate-change

U.S.-China Joint Announcement on Climate Change
Beijing, China, 12 November 2014

1. The United States of America and the People’s Republic of China have a critical role to play in combating global climate change, one of the greatest threats facing humanity. The seriousness of the challenge calls upon the two sides to work constructively together for the common good.

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 09:17 AM
The position of the Chinese government on*climate change*is contentious. China has ratified the*Kyoto Protocol, but as a*non-Annex I country*which is not required to limit*greenhouse gas*emissions under terms of the agreement.

According to data from the*US Energy Information Administration*China was the top emitter by fossil fuels CO2*and China was also the top emitter of all greenhouse gas emissions including building and deforestation.

So we have to abide by the rules they don't, I'm trying to think why...

Got it -

BYD plans to introduce about four models for its U.S. debut at the end of 2015, said Stella Li, the senior vice president in charge of the company’s U.S. business, in an interview last week in Shenzhen, China. "Though BYD wasn’t ready when it earlier sought to enter the U.S. car market in 2010, the company is more prepared this time "she said.

Forget the Communist rule, human rights violations, massive executions of Tibet citizens, forced abortions and forced labor camps but cutting into the American car sales, that's unforgivable. Giving China any credibility is like Sammy the Bull whacking 19 people and believing he is a credible witness.

SmallPasture
02-24-2015, 09:31 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/11395516/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

How can anyone trust these computer models....it's been proven time and time again they are all fudged! I find it hard to believe that models based on several hundred years of info at best, can predicted something that's been happening since ever.

Then you have:

http://farmersalmanac.com/long-range-weather-forecast/

bobbyf6b
02-24-2015, 10:00 AM
warnιng- eхplιcιт langυage

http://youtu.be/BB0aFPXr4n4

SmallPasture
02-24-2015, 10:22 AM
http://www.scibull.com:8080/EN/abstract/abstract509579.shtml

Bill1584
02-24-2015, 11:33 AM
It isn't particularly hard for me to see why so many people have suddenly been enlightened to the concept of climate change, considering the flood of information available. The real mystery for me is how so many people, scientists especially, could think climate was ever some kind of constant. Earth's climate has never been a constant. Considering ice age after ice age through just the last 500 million years or so, one can only imagine the 'climate change' occurring during the repetitive ingress and egress of all that tundra. Sea levels would necessarily have fallen and risen each time the polar caps froze and thawed. Don't forget the wooly mammoth, who specialized to a point where he could survive the cold climates, then perished along with the last round of extreme cold. It could well be that humanity is having an impact somehow on the rate of change, but it is arrogant and short-sighted of us, as a race, to believe we are completely responsible for it. Or that we could do much about it. The lights will stay on, no matter the price, and self-flagellation will not solve anything. In short, I think it has not been determined as yet what is actually happening and, if anything unusual, who or what may be responsible for it.

Bill1584
02-24-2015, 12:03 PM
It isn't particularly hard for me to see why so many people have suddenly been enlightened to the concept of climate change, considering the flood of information available. The real mystery for me is how so many people, scientists especially, could think climate was ever some kind of constant. Earth's climate has never been a constant. Considering ice age after ice age through just the last 500 million years or so, one can only imagine the 'climate change' occurring during the repetitive ingress and egress of all that tundra. Sea levels would necessarily have fallen and risen each time the polar caps froze and thawed. Don't forget the wooly mammoth, who specialized to a point where he could survive the cold climates, then perished along with the last round of extreme cold. It could well be that humanity is having an impact somehow on the rate of change, but it is arrogant and short-sighted of us, as a race, to believe we are completely responsible for it. Or that we could do much about it. The lights will stay on, no matter the price, and self-flagellation will not solve anything. In short, I think it has not been determined as yet what is actually happening and, if anything unusual, who or what may be responsible for it.

With apologies, I just found the older thread on the same topic. Among other things, it included the point I was making but in much better form. Too bad it didn't end well. There are many well informed people here on both sides of most aisles, so I'll continue to spend much more time reading here than typing.....

Bill Strange

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Liberals aren't interested in facts , it doesn't matter to them, what they feel about an issue is all that matters. I live in the Liberal Mecca, New York City, and deal with this mentality all the time. They're like wanna-be hippies that missed the real issues of the 60's like true equal rights, extreme institutional racism and voting opportunity for all, except they should never be forgiven on how the treated the Vietnam vets. So these ribbon wearing retreads need a cause-du-jour to latch onto to feel apart of something, anything that makes their lives meaningful to them, but especially to their friends who are as clueless as they are. They are headline readers who are given the pablem to take and just enough information to make them enjoin the conversation in Starbucks but unable to debate it with facts. Symbolism over Substance is their calling card.

Bill1584
02-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Liberals aren't interested in facts , it doesn't matter to them, what they feel about an issue is all that matters. I live in the Liberal Mecca, New York City, and deal with this mentality all the time. They're like wanna-be hippies that missed the real issues of the 60's like true equal rights, extreme institutional racism and voting opportunity for all, except they should never be forgiven on how the treated the Vietnam vets. So these ribbon wearing retreads need a cause-du-jour to latch onto to feel apart of something, anything that makes their lives meaningful to them, but especially to their friends who are as clueless as they are. They are headline readers who are given the pablem to take and just enough information to make them enjoin the conversation in Starbucks but unable to debate it with facts. Symbolism over Substance is their calling card.

The thing for me is that most of this is fairly easy to deduce, with just a modicum of research. While I don't typically involve myself in discussions involving religion, politics or other such potentially volatile subjects, this one seems to me to be really straightforward. We do not have sufficient historical data to claim responsibility. Hell, if it were a goal of ours to raise Earth's temps by X degrees C per decade, I don't know how we could affirmatively back up the claim we'd succeeded. I doubt we could. We've had many climate changes over the millennia, and some demonstrably rapid. All well before the dawn of our industrial revolution. I do think the wanna-be hippies will be bitterly disappointed when they realize that the list of down-the-road replacements for fossil fuel is much shorter than they think, and doesn't include solar or wind. But as I said, the lights will stay lit.

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 04:16 PM
Man could not destroy the planet if he wanted to, yet these wackos think some exhaust and plastic bags are going to send us into auto-destruction, laughable. They hate fossil fuel vehicles and love the green electric cars, the coal burners I call them. How do they think the electric is generated? They have no clue because they are only interested in the headline information and not the particulars, the facts. More importantly, I bet a pair of panties was never found in the back of a Prius, it's like a pocket protector on four wheels.

bigbird
02-24-2015, 05:50 PM
They hate fossil fuel vehicles and love the green electric cars, the coal burners I call them. How do they think the electric is generated?

Coal is used for 40% of worldwide electricity generation
Natural gas for 23%
Hydro (falling water) for 17%
Nuclear for 11%
Oil for 4%
"Other" for 5%

Stats found here: http://www.tsp-data-portal.org/Breakdown-of-Electricity-Generation-by-Energy-Source#tspQvChart

96% of my province's generation is from renewable, clean hydro
The remaining 4% comes from 2 natural gas backup stations, 4 remote diesel generating stations, and the rest from wind farms.
No smog or pollution or global warming here from generating electricity.

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 06:18 PM
With -51 with the wind chill maybe you people should think about some ways to generate a little global warming, the downside of clean energy. If they could bottle up all the hot air coming from the Climate Change boogie men THAT would melt the polar ice caps.

F6B1911
02-24-2015, 06:23 PM
Is The Climate changing , or not ?

I'm just waiting to hear Al Gore explain the cold temperatures?

jaygollner
02-24-2015, 06:23 PM
The US navy believes in global Climate change and is actively making plans to deal with it.

http://greenfleet.dodlive.mil/climate-change/

Climate Change

In May 2009, the Chief of Naval Operations created Task Force Climate Change (TFCC) to address the naval implications of a changing Arctic and global environment. The Task Force was created to make recommendations to Navy leadership regarding policy, investment, and action, and to lead public discussion on this serious issue.

Climate change has implications for naval force structure and operations. Factors driving this include:
•The changing Arctic;
•The potential impact of sea level rise on installations and plans;
•Changing storm patterns and severity;
•Water and resource challenges;
•Stress on vulnerable nation states; and
•Increased humanitarian assistance and disaster response.

A number of scientific “wild cards” must also be considered, such as the impact of ocean acidification on ecosystems, abrupt climate change, and geo-engineering challenges.

Nowhere is the Earth’s climate changing more dramatically than in the Arctic. The U.S. is an Arctic nation and the Navy must be prepared to respond to the changes in this region. In the coming decades, the Arctic Ocean will be increasingly accessible and more broadly used by Arctic and non-Arctic nations seeking the region’s abundant resources and trade routes.

The Navy views the Arctic as a challenge, not a crisis, and acknowledges that the risk of conflict is low in the region; however, the Navy must consider responses to the changing Arctic environment from many different nations.

Phantom
02-24-2015, 06:57 PM
:shhh:

One of my favorite proponents for Global Warming (2:05), a Congressman from Georgia

I am impressed with his mathematical abilities, geographical and environmental prowess

The NAVY Admiral was seeking funding for additional personnel to be placed on GUAM

No One get upset, this is FUNNY sh!t .... strictly for a laugh

http://youtu.be/A1c-jWXb0WQ

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 07:05 PM
While Arctic sea ice continues to decline, Antarctic levels are confounding the world’s most trusted climate models with record highs for the third year running. Karl Mathiesen investigates.

It’s not expected,” says Professor John Turner, a climate expert at the*British Antarctic Survey. “The world’s best 50 models were run and 95% of them have Antarctic sea ice decreasing over the past 30 years.”

The winter ice around the southern continent has been growing relatively constantly since records began in 1979.*This contrasts sharply with the continuing decline of sea ice in the Arctic, which again recorded below average levels of ice during the summer.

95% of the world's 50 best models had them decreasing, that's because they were programmed to say that. So if less ice in the Arctic means global warming then more ice in Antarctica means a coming ice age, I'll stay in the middle.

jaygollner
02-24-2015, 07:09 PM
I think I will listen to Admiral Titley PHD and not radicals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSc5YImpUkQ

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 07:12 PM
Now the ice cube is the Arctic, the table is earth. The Arctic is losing ice which turns into water flows down the table (earth) and forms at the bottom, Antartica, and adds to the ice already there.

Limoles
02-24-2015, 07:15 PM
:shhh:

One of my favorite proponents for Global Warming (2:05), a Congressman from Georgia

I am impressed with his mathematical abilities, geographical and environmental prowess

The NAVY Admiral was seeking funding for additional personnel to be placed on GUAM

No One get upset, this is FUNNY sh!t .... strictly for a laugh

http://youtu.be/A1c-jWXb0WQ

EMBARRASSING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 09:19 PM
EMBARRASSING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the same geniuses that are telling us there is climate change and, more importantly, hold the purse strings where every one from the military to scientists and colleges have to plead for funds through appropriations, grants and school loans and if you don't read from the script you aint getting money. Always follow the $$$

bigbird
02-24-2015, 09:22 PM
maybe you people should think about some ways to generate a little global warming.

Between this :bbq2: and this :hump: I'm doing my best.

taxfree4
02-24-2015, 10:30 PM
Well between both of those activities that should raise the temp a degree - for about 3 minutes. :yes: I enjoy barbecuing more, it creates more greenhouse gases and I position it right under the ozone hole.

taxfree4
02-25-2015, 07:28 AM
Fears over plastic-eating coral in Australia's Barrier Reef

Sydney (AFP) - Corals in the Great Barrier Reef are eating small plastic debris in the ocean, Australian researchers said on Tuesday, raising fears about the impact the indigestible fragments have on their health and other marine life.

The scientists found that when they placed corals from the reef into plastic-contaminated water, the marine life "ate plastic at rates only slightly lower than their normal rate of feeding on marine plankton", the study published in the journal Marine Biology said.

Translation - the so called "fears" that are being raised are really the environmentalist wackos coming to the realization that the earth has an amazing ability to adapt and adjust to whatever problems man poses to it. The bags are basically polyethylene, an ethylene resin. Ethylene is a derivative of natural gas and petroleum, ever see an oil rig in the ocean? The environmentalist wackos are fearing this finding will neutralize another scare story, plastics are dangerous for the oceans, and eliminate a whole fear industry's stream of money, billions. Like the climate change wackos they exist on promoting fear, death and destruction with false data projected as fact but in the end exposed for the fraud it is.

jaygollner
02-25-2015, 07:51 AM
PACOM believes in global climate change.

Indeed, despite claims by some that global warming is a myth, there’s growing accord among analysts and military thinkers around the world that the repercussions of climate change will require the same application of strategy the military would employ when grappling with any foe. To that end, PACOM initiated a series of forums held throughout the region designed to brainstorm military-civil solutions to climate-related security issues. Pacific Command is already collaborating with several small island nations to help them cope with problems from rising sea level, such as saltwater encroachment into ground water

http://www.stripes.com/news/pacom-not-waiting-on-politics-to-plan-for-climate-change-challenges-1.297433

Business insider also has a few words on the subject.

You May Be Denying Climate Change, But The US Military Isn't

In fact, military leaders have been warning of climate change threats to national security since at least 2003. The authors of a report in 2007 told the Times the biggest change from 2007 to present was the increase in scientific certainty. (97% of climate scientists now agree climate-warming trends are very likely due to human activity).

"We have to be concerned about all of the global impacts [of climate change], including here at home, where the Defense Department does have a mission in supporting civil authorities in the event of natural disasters," Sharon Burke, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy Plans and Programs told Defense One in May. "We have to be concerned about all of it. We have to be pragmatic about it."

http://www.businessinsider.com/climate-change-military-2014-7

bobbyf6b
02-25-2015, 08:49 AM
Political correctness has unfortunately taken over the military too. Three years was all I could take and I had to get out. There are some great leaders in the military but it's still government and the good people have their hands tied. The VA is a perfect example. Common sense has gone out the window and I'm afraid they'll never find it again.

PACOM believes in global climate change.

Indeed, despite claims by some that global warming is a myth, there’s growing accord among analysts and military thinkers around the world that the repercussions of climate change will require the same application of strategy the military would employ when grappling with any foe. To that end, PACOM initiated a series of forums held throughout the region designed to brainstorm military-civil solutions to climate-related security issues. Pacific Command is already collaborating with several small island nations to help them cope with problems from rising sea level, such as saltwater encroachment into ground water

http://www.stripes.com/news/pacom-not-waiting-on-politics-to-plan-for-climate-change-challenges-1.297433

Business insider also has a few words on the subject.

You May Be Denying Climate Change, But The US Military Isn't

In fact, military leaders have been warning of climate change threats to national security since at least 2003. The authors of a report in 2007 told the Times the biggest change from 2007 to present was the increase in scientific certainty. (97% of climate scientists now agree climate-warming trends are very likely due to human activity).

"We have to be concerned about all of the global impacts [of climate change], including here at home, where the Defense Department does have a mission in supporting civil authorities in the event of natural disasters," Sharon Burke, Assistant Secretary of Defense for Operational Energy Plans and Programs told Defense One in May. "We have to be concerned about all of it. We have to be pragmatic about it."

http://www.businessinsider.com/climate-change-military-2014-7

taxfree4
02-25-2015, 09:00 AM
WASHINGTON, Nov. 1, 2013 Unpredictable funding and the indiscriminate cuts being forced by sequestration are steadily eroding military readiness and threaten to leave a hollow force ill-prepared for future demands, the commander of U.S. Pacific Command told American Forces Press Service today.

The admiral said he’s particularly troubled by the long-term damage the current budgetary situation could inflict.
Gen. Mark McLeod, who headed PACOM’s Logistics, Engineering and Security Cooperation directorate for two years until transferring to the Pentagon this summer.

8/10/14
“Seventy percent of the bad storms that happen in the world are in the Pacific,” he said. “Call it climate change, call it the big blue rabbit, I don’t give a hoot what you call it — the military has to respond to those kinds of things.”

Unpredictable funding - Believe climate change = New appropriations,

When you hold the purse strings you get to tell people what they believe

taxfree4
02-25-2015, 09:06 AM
“In the 1860s, physicist John Tyndall recognized the Earth’s natural greenhouse effect and suggested that slight changes in the atmospheric composition could bring about climatic variations. In 1896, a seminal paper by Swedish scientist Svante Arrhenius first speculated that changes in the levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere could substantially alter the surface temperature through the greenhouse effect.”

After 1909 when R.W.Wood proved that the understanding of the greenhouse effect was in error and the ghg effect does not exist. After Niels Bohr published his work and receive a Nobel Prize in Physics in 1922. The fantasy of the greenhouse gas effect should have died in 1909 and 1922. Since then it has been shown by several physicists that the concept is a Violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

Greenhouse gas hoax has been around forever

taxfree4
02-25-2015, 12:22 PM
The ocean temperatures here are 30 degrees and the bay is frozen for the first time since 1977 to the point where NYPD steel hull boats have come in and carved channels, again since 1977. If this persists the Army Corps of Engineers will be called in to do the heavy breaking. May the global warming god unleash his mighty power and free us of this icy cocoon we find ourselves in.

"I'm on my way"

jaygollner
02-25-2015, 01:42 PM
One of the signs of radicalization is having to respond to every thing that conflicts with your personal beliefs, using cartoons and slanders to belittle others is another sign. It was fun playing but it's starting to get boring, so if you can't believe NASA the DOD, NOAA, The US Navy and choose to believe the guardian and other rags have at it.

Where are you on the Great Bell Curve of Belief?

bellcurveofbeliefAs you rightly point out, you can’t answer the question, “Where are you on the Great Bell Curve of Belief?” without a specific belief to consider. You may be “YES!” on global warming, “YES?” on the Big Bang theory, “I.N.O.” (In Name Only) on political affiliation, “NO?” on Did Mossad do 911?, and “NO!” on Big Gubmint.’

My contention is that for a specific belief, you and I will fall somewhere on that line, and the great mass of mankind will occupy that bulge in the middle. Does that seem obvious? If so, why is all our news and our discourse couched in either-or terms? Why is it a Liberal-Conservative battle? Why is it a Sunni-Shia conflict? Do we honestly think all Sunnis are sitting on the hot red YES! for everything Sunni and all Shias are sitting on the hot red NO!

Do they think we are stupid? A scarier question: ARE we stupid?

taxfree4
02-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Amen to that

taxfree4
02-25-2015, 03:33 PM
The 26-year-old single mother from Shallotte, North Carolina was one of three Powerball players to win the $564 million jackpot on the February 11 drawing. Each winner won $188 million of the prize.

Holmes had to quit her jobs at McDonald’s and Walmart in order to take care of her four children — one of whom has cerebral palsy. Her life is about to get a whole lot easier. I'm not hijacking the thread just ending it on a positive note, unless people want to keep this going, I think all has been said that needs to be said. Ms. Holmes had to quit her job at McDonald's and Walmart, move in with her mom to take care of her kids. I don't know about you but this puts a smile on my face, and she believes in Jesus.

Steve 0080
02-25-2015, 04:52 PM
My question is where is her husband and WHY have four kids??? Not sure why she was working...with all the handouts she should have been making $1K per kid..hell have a couple more !!!

That should do it.... :stirthepot:

taxfree4
02-25-2015, 05:19 PM
My question is where is her husband and WHY have four kids??? Not sure why she was working...with all the handouts she should have been making $1K per kid..hell have a couple more !!!

That should do it.... :stirthepot:

HIJACK!!!

Steve 0080
02-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Thought you gave up and needed more entertainment ..... back to global warming.....

taxfree4
02-25-2015, 05:41 PM
I'm done

Limoles
02-25-2015, 08:00 PM
'UNPRECEDENTED' SEA LEVEL RISE'

Sea Levels Along The Northeast Rose Almost 4 Inches In Just 2 Years: Study
Posted: 02/25/2015 4:50 pm EST Updated: 52 minutes ago
NEW YORK SHORE
Tweet
Comment
Share on Google+
Sea levels across the Northeast coast of the United States rose nearly 3.9 inches between 2009 and 2010, according to a new study from researchers at the University of Arizona and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The waters near Portland, Maine, saw an even greater rise -- 5 inches -- over the two-year period.

While scientists have been observing higher sea levels across the globe in recent decades, the study found a much more extreme rise than previous averages. Such an event is "unprecedented" in the history of the tide gauge record, according to the researchers, and represents a 1-in-850 year event.

"Unlike storm surge, this event caused persistent and widespread coastal flooding even without apparent weather processes," the study's authors wrote. "In terms of beach erosion, the impact of the 2009-2010 [sea level rise] event is almost as significant as some hurricane events."

The analysis relied on data from dozens of tide gauges along the eastern seaboard. The nearly 4-inch rise for the Northeast represents the average of 14 tide gauges located between New York and Canada. Tide gauges farther south in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast indicated a sea level rise far less extreme in 2009 and closer to average in some areas. The jump occurred most quickly between April 2009 and March 2010.

The study found that the increase in the Northeast was caused by a 30 percent slowdown in a major ocean current system known as the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation (AMOC) and a fluctuation in atmospheric pressure at sea level. The Gulf Steam is one component of the AMOC, which moves warm water northward in the upper levels of the Atlantic.

A 2014 study of the AMOC over that period found the slowdown also contributed to severe winter conditions in northwestern Europe and the intensity of the 2010 Atlantic hurricane season, which was the third-most active on record.

The U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate wrote in its latest report that AMOC currents are "very likely" to weaken in the 21st century. Models project that unusual rises in sea level, like that observed in the study, will be bigger and more frequent along the Northeastern seaboard this century, study coauthor Jianjun Yin told The Huffington Post.

And events like the one observed in the study, combined with ongoing global sea level rise, "will pose an even higher coastal flooding risk," Yin told Mashable.

A 2012 study determined that sea levels between North Carolina and Boston are rising at a rate three to four times faster than the global average. Yet this only represents a rise of 2 to 3.7 millimeters per year since 1980, far less than the 100 millimeters observed in the Northeast between 2009 and 2010.

This week's study, published in Nature Communications, follows a new report from the New York City Panel on Climate Change that warns of significant sea level rise and coastal flooding threats for the city in coming decades. Sea levels in New York City have already risen more than a foot since 1900, and the trend is very likely to accelerate: If greenhouse gas emissions from human activities are not curtailed, the panel projects seas to rise by an additional 11 to 21 inches by the middle of the century, by 18 to 39 inches by the 2080s, and by as much as 6 feet by the end of the century.

RUN , RUN , RUN - it's coming and gone get you !!!

bobbyf6b
02-25-2015, 08:47 PM

:crackup:

Steve 0080
02-26-2015, 08:34 AM
My take on the Global warming thingy is it total B.S. ...and for some minute reason it is true, ( not going to effect me as I will be dead in 10K years ) we, the USA cannot fit it...we have a communist part of our government called the EPA that is requiring us to fix it here, not realizing the earth actually turns and the REST of the world is doing nothing!!! So...... as a circumstance jobs here are leaving to go to other countries where there are less or no restrictions !!! There, I'm glad this thread came to a end ! :stirthepot: