PDA

View Full Version : Florida Boys

shooter
02-18-2015, 04:16 PM
Guys I'm tired of it. They have gone too far. I'm talking about the Florida contingent of this forum. In other words anyone that lives in Florida and posts on here how they get to ride year round. The worst part is that our fearless leaders , yeah that's right , Steve0080 and Phantom are some of the worst offenders. Taking every opportunity to point out the shortcomings of where the rest of us live. I have a proposal. I think anyone that lives in Florida should be banned from posting from Nov1 till April 1. We can take back our dignity Guys and kick these Florida boys to the curb. So how about a vote. Yea to restrict them and nay to let them go ahead and run their mouths.:stirthepot::joke:

opas ride
02-18-2015, 04:19 PM
Guys I'm tired of it. They have gone too far. I'm talking about the Florida contingent of this forum. In other words anyone that lives in Florida and posts on here how they get to ride year round. The worst part is that our fearless leaders , yeah that's right , Steve0080 and Phantom are some of the worst offenders. Taking every opportunity to point out the shortcomings of where the rest of us live. I have a proposal. I think anyone that lives in Florida should be banned from posting from Nov1 till April 1. We can take back our dignity Guys and kick these Florida boys to the curb. So how about a vote. Yea to restrict them and nay to let them go ahead and run their mouths.:stirthepot::joke:

I don't like Florida anyhow, so it makes no difference to me.....Live and let live so to speak!!!!

JackB
02-18-2015, 04:43 PM
When we have our summer and we're riding it will too hot for them to ride.
But I thinking that they still win.

F6B1911
02-18-2015, 05:08 PM

No big deal to me, them Florida folk ain't men enough to brave the northern winters!
They probably wouldn't know what to do with a snow shovel.
They probably never ran a wood splitter either!

all in fun

tinknocker
02-18-2015, 05:21 PM
They can have their winter fun..I live right in the middle of the hocking hills in south eastern ohio ...that equals lots of summer fun...maybe the second best riding in the country...'gw-smiley'

F6B1911
02-18-2015, 05:26 PM
They can have their winter fun..I live right in the middle of the hocking hills in south eastern ohio ...that equals lots of summer fun...maybe the second best riding in the country...'gw-smiley'

I went to the Cleveland Motorcycle Show last month, stopped at the State of Arkansas booth, tons of maps, guides, trip planners, etc.
Arkansas claims to be the best state in the country for motorcycling.
I haven't ridden Arkansas yet.

Deer Slayer
02-18-2015, 05:38 PM
I have found it nice not to ride in the hot ass Florida Summer.:poke::cheers:

Phantom
02-18-2015, 05:53 PM
'mooning' ;sunny;

taxfree4
02-18-2015, 05:57 PM

Tar and feather them at the F6B rally.

tinknocker
02-18-2015, 06:04 PM
I went to the Cleveland Motorcycle Show last month, stopped at the State of Arkansas booth, tons of maps, guides, trip planners, etc.
I found the Tennessee/north Carolina mountains area to be awesome mostly because our roads end up with a lot of potholes and tar snakes...but seriously I live right in the middle of the hocking hills area of Ohio, check it out on the inter web...awesome riding every weekend....in the summer

Hornblower
02-18-2015, 06:18 PM
If it's getting even that some of you guys want, just wait until July or August and start posting how enjoyable your riding is under 98F. If you'll remember, Steve 0080 reverts to night riding in the summertime due to daytime heat and humidity .violin.. As far as Phantom is concerned, he is always cool in his T-Rex :icon_cool:

firetech
02-18-2015, 06:45 PM

Being a Floridian, originally from Connecticut, I kind of agree with you. We should have a temporary ban. I know I'm not alone on this, but we would rather spend more time riding than sitting around posting about it... Just kidding with ya, love this forum. :stirthepot: :icon_lol: :poke::joke::th_sunbathe:

Phantom
02-18-2015, 06:52 PM
:icon_wink:

You guys are correct, July and August are brutally hot for motorcycle riding.
Even the T-rex engine heat becomes a bit unbearable. Unlike Steve, I sleep at night.
Much more enjoyable to be on a jet ski or a pontoon boat during those months.

:cheers:

powercruzer13
02-18-2015, 08:38 PM
It gets plenty cold in my neck of the FL woods!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/home%20pics/srdthey003.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/home%20pics/srdthey003.jpg.html)
The wood was split, Florida oak, & the fire was not for show. :icon_lol:

Now we do get snakes in the pool.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/home%20pics/snakepool002.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/home%20pics/snakepool002.jpg.html)
Not poisonous but he liked my pool anyways.

It has snowed here. :shock:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/home%20pics/snow2010019.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/home%20pics/snow2010019.jpg.html)
And it sucked.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/home%20pics/snow2010013.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/home%20pics/snow2010013.jpg.html)
Yuck!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/home%20pics/DSCF0120_zps193a0a27.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/home%20pics/DSCF0120_zps193a0a27.jpg.html)
Had to bring the palm trees in the house.

BUT..............
We do ride year 'round, in very unique places! The cold never lasts very long!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/keys/kw07070_zps406ef724.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/keys/kw07070_zps406ef724.jpg.html)

NANNI-NANNI-BOO-BOO!!!!!!

bigbird
02-18-2015, 08:39 PM
Florida, just a few years from being submerged by, I hate to say it, climate change?

In Florida, ATGATT means a speedo, flip flops, and do-rag while riding. :icon_laugh:

powercruzer13
02-18-2015, 08:40 PM
BTW.... there is no such thing as weather "too hot to ride in".
My Florida VRCC buddies call me "the lizard" for my ability to ride in what they call hot weather.

Wussies. :icon_twisted::crackup:

powercruzer13
02-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Florida, just a few years from being submerged by, I hate to say it, climate change?

Bring it on!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/joke%20pics/globalwarmingsquare.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/joke%20pics/globalwarmingsquare.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/bobcatv8/joke%20pics/palmtreesjy9_zps8ec1b345.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobcatv8/media/joke%20pics/palmtreesjy9_zps8ec1b345.gif.html)

hiflyer
02-18-2015, 08:52 PM

You need to! Arkansas, being my neighbor, is a destination for those unplanned week end getaways.

glryder98
02-18-2015, 09:53 PM
You could go ahead and ban those Floridian folks. But nuthin can be finer than to be in S Caroliner in the winter time. Yea we ride all year too.

smokinjoe187
02-18-2015, 09:56 PM

he who owns the pot always gets to stir it

i live in cali
i ride all year
we don't got gators ,hurricanes the like
we just ride....

BobinMich
02-18-2015, 10:49 PM
I loved staying at the Wilderness rv resort in Silver springs.....GREAT relaxing place. Still a bit cool in the winter at times though. Sanford was a great place to stay as well. Did 2/3 months in Florida each winter for the past 8 years. THIS is the first year I had not gone down to Florida for winters in 8 years. :yikes:

Steve 0080
02-18-2015, 11:34 PM
Yea Yea Yea...so it gets hot, yea we have a few bugs...simple fact is jealously is the truest form of flattery !!!!!

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 03:49 AM
Definitely tar and feather them at the rally

20°F -7°C
Feels Like 9°F -13°C Humidity 47% Wind NW 10 MPH Gusts 23
Dew Point 3°F
Barometer 29.74 in. 755.4 mm - Steady
Reported from MADIS station D5729, 3.4 miles S of Brooklyn, at 3:24 AM Thu, Feb 19, 2015

Fla_rider
02-19-2015, 06:41 AM
Obviously you Yankees need some defrosting! While I was at St. Pete Beach last week!

bigbird
02-19-2015, 07:47 AM
Obviously you Yankees need some defrosting! While I was at St. Pete Beach last week!

The FL plastic surgeons have been very busy.

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 07:52 AM

Again thanks, I need two jugs of milk.

shooter
02-19-2015, 07:58 AM

Poor thing. Looks like that string is loose on the orange one.

Steve 0080
02-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Maybe you could snug it up a bit for her ???

bob109
02-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Poor thing. Looks like that string is loose on the orange one.

Eye Candy:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

kenny urban
02-19-2015, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=shooter;63261]Guys I'm tired of it. They have gone too far. I'm talking about the Florida contingent of this forum. In other words, anyone that lives in Florida and posts on here how they get to ride year round.

Kenny wrote:
I would wait 20 years,,
They won't be able to ride in 50 % of there state,,
IT will be under water,,
Globel Warming ??

Please Don't FLAME me,,
Just asking ??

KennyU

shooter
02-19-2015, 10:07 AM
Maybe you could snug it up a bit for her ???

Its hard being good. So many things I could say.

valkmc
02-19-2015, 11:59 AM
No big deal to me, them Florida folk ain't men enough to brave the northern winters!
They probably wouldn't know what to do with a snow shovel.
They probably never ran a wood splitter either!

all in fun

I am a Florida boy (now) but spent most of my life on a Farm in upstate NY. 10 miles from Lake Ontario. I not only ran a wood splitter but helped my dad build it. Snow shovel?? I was in the snow belt between Oswego and Watertown. A snow shovel is useless there. Had farm tractors with snow plows on them and back then there were no cabs so it was a snowmobile suit. That is why I now live in Ocala, but if it makes you all feel better it is going down to the low 20's tomorrow. I may still ride to work because they are talking high 50's later.

Cool Hand Luke
02-19-2015, 01:13 PM

Cool Hand Luke
02-19-2015, 02:55 PM
It's still hot, but somehow doesn't have the same warmth about it:

Meantime, in Miami Beach things like these are happening (enjoy):

http://youtu.be/-FgpM6lp1EU

bigbird
02-19-2015, 03:48 PM
I'm resubmitting my visa request to the U.S. embassy after watching that. Nothing like that up here until June at our beaches. By September the girls are all covered up and put away their razors for another year.

Phantom
02-19-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm resubmitting my visa request to the U.S. embassy

:yikes: NOOOOOOOOOOO

These girls don't care for Canadians that shoot with blanks :poke: :icon_mrgreen:

bigbird
02-19-2015, 04:22 PM
:yikes: NOOOOOOOOOOO

These girls don't care for Canadians that shoot with blanks :poke: :icon_mrgreen:

From my experiences visiting FL in the winter back in my late teens and early twenties, NOT TRUE! :hump: happygirl

The now defunct ABC lounge on Treasure Island by the Bilmar Beach hotel was guaranteed to get a Canadian boy some 'pussy"

Limoles
02-19-2015, 04:33 PM
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE AMONG THEM ?

"Florida Man" is pretty much the worst person ever ...

Florida Man Arrested After Pocket-Dialing 911
Florida Man Stabs Wife Over Hamburger
Florida Man Busted For Performing Back Alley Butt Injections
Florida Man Arrested For Trying To Force Fiancé To Swallow Engagement Ring (though that really should read "fiancée")
Florida Man Builds Mini Car For His Pet Parrot
Florida Man Admits Biting Off Girlfriend's Thumb
Florida Man Repeatedly Called 911 Saying He Needed A Ride To Mexico
Florida Man Faces Fines, Points After Bicycle Ride
Naked Florida Man Jumps Off Roof Onto Man, Nocks [sic] Television Over, Empties Vacuum Cleaner, Masturbates
Florida Man Owes Ex-Wife $166K in Child Support
Police Arrest Florida Man For Drunken Joyride On Motorized Scooter At Walmart
Florida Man Squats In Multimillion-Dollar Home
Florida Man Finds Way To Connect With Cats
Florida Man On Trial For Threatening To Kill President Obama On Facebook
Florida Man Shoots Himself In Crotch With Flare Gun
Florida Man Charged After Alleged Naked Rampage Inside Home
Florida Man Says He's Obama And Attempts To Abduct Children
Florida Man Armed With Syringe Robbed Pet Store
Florida Man Arrested For Giving Wedgies
Florida Man's Bulldog Found Safe After Being Dognapped At Gunpoint

The footage below was captured by the dashboard camera of a Fort Myers Police Department vehicle. An officer was tailing a car that was having trouble staying between the lines, allowing the driver to rack up a few violations before pulling him over.

But the driver, who was later determined to be texting behind the wheel, did the officer’s job for him with one hilariously erratic right turn. The cartoonish mishap produced the best kind of justice — it was swift and painful, and nobody got hurt but the idiot at fault.
The footage above was captured by the dashboard camera of a Fort Myers Police Department vehicle. An officer was tailing a car that was having trouble staying between the lines, allowing the driver to rack up a few violations before pulling him over.

But the driver, who was later determined to be texting behind the wheel, did the officer’s job for him with one hilariously erratic right turn. The cartoonish mishap produced the best kind of justice — it was swift and painful, and nobody got hurt but the idiot at fault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw1vUL9dbqQ

BigBird - Stay , where you are - IT'S SAFER

Steve 0080
02-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Went over to Daytona today...used the back roads!...Daytona is in full swing for the 500.... little chilly the next couple of days :(

bigbird
02-19-2015, 05:08 PM

C'mon Limoles.
I want to bring my F6B down to FL next winter and ride with the big dogs!
Besides, I know you good 'ole boys have never seen a black F6B with ABS.

Cool Hand Luke
02-19-2015, 05:12 PM
C'mon Limoles.

funnychit.

Limoles
02-19-2015, 05:26 PM
C'mon Limoles.
I want to bring my F6B down to FL next winter and ride with the big dogs!

Deal . You will show to Big Boys your Canadian black F6B , but I'm sure their excitement will be over after seeing my Russian girlfriend's ABS

MarcPW
02-19-2015, 05:45 PM
Florida vote... Why this sounds familiar ? :icon_rolleyes:

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Deal . You will show to Big Boys your Canadian black F6B , but I'm sure their excitement will be over after seeing my Russian girlfriend's ABS

I have a new hero.

bigbird
02-19-2015, 06:10 PM
I'm sure their excitement will be over after seeing my Russian girlfriend's ABS

Russian girlfriend's ABS? Abnormally Bushy Sanctuary?

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 06:46 PM
Had a couple of Russian girlfriends VERY high maintenance. They usually come in 2 flavors - desperate or arrogant

powercruzer13
02-19-2015, 07:43 PM
WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE AMONG THEM ?

"Florida Man" is pretty much the worst person ever ...

Florida Man Arrested After Pocket-Dialing 911
Florida Man Stabs Wife Over Hamburger
Florida Man Busted For Performing Back Alley Butt Injections
Florida Man Arrested For Trying To Force Fiancé To Swallow Engagement Ring (though that really should read "fiancée")
Florida Man Builds Mini Car For His Pet Parrot
Florida Man Admits Biting Off Girlfriend's Thumb
Florida Man Repeatedly Called 911 Saying He Needed A Ride To Mexico
Florida Man Faces Fines, Points After Bicycle Ride
Naked Florida Man Jumps Off Roof Onto Man, Nocks [sic] Television Over, Empties Vacuum Cleaner, Masturbates
Florida Man Owes Ex-Wife $166K in Child Support
Police Arrest Florida Man For Drunken Joyride On Motorized Scooter At Walmart
Florida Man Squats In Multimillion-Dollar Home
Florida Man Finds Way To Connect With Cats
Florida Man On Trial For Threatening To Kill President Obama On Facebook
Florida Man Shoots Himself In Crotch With Flare Gun
Florida Man Charged After Alleged Naked Rampage Inside Home
Florida Man Says He's Obama And Attempts To Abduct Children
Florida Man Armed With Syringe Robbed Pet Store
Florida Man Arrested For Giving Wedgies
Florida Man's Bulldog Found Safe After Being Dognapped At Gunpoint

The footage below was captured by the dashboard camera of a Fort Myers Police Department vehicle. An officer was tailing a car that was having trouble staying between the lines, allowing the driver to rack up a few violations before pulling him over.

The footage above was captured by the dashboard camera of a Fort Myers Police Department vehicle. An officer was tailing a car that was having trouble staying between the lines, allowing the driver to rack up a few violations before pulling him over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw1vUL9dbqQ

You do realize that 8 out of 9 people in Florida are from elsewhere.... transplants. :icon_twisted::shock::icon_cool::icon_mrgreen:

Steve 0080
02-19-2015, 07:58 PM
"You do realize that 8 out of 9 people in Florida are from elsewhere.... transplants. "

Now that is both true and funny !!!!!!!!! :041:

Limoles
02-19-2015, 08:04 PM
You do realize that 8 out of 9 people in Florida are from elsewhere.... transplants. :icon_twisted::shock::icon_cool::icon_mrgreen:

One can only "realize" true picture , when process of adaptation meet their expectations .

powercruzer13
02-19-2015, 09:24 PM
It's their expectations that amaze me. :shock:

srt8-in-largo
02-19-2015, 10:35 PM
Sorry I missed this thread; been too busy riding.

:icon_lol:

Mastergunny
02-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Heading out after work today for a two day stay over at Nellis AFB campground. 70's and 50s at night. No humidity. Nice drive over through Death Valley this afternoon.

Florida has what???

Mastergunny

53driver
02-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Heading out after work today for a two day stay over at Nellis AFB campground. 70's and 50s at night. No humidity. Nice drive over through Death Valley this afternoon.

Florida has what???

Mastergunny

Nellis was a good time, but I had a LOT of fun at Indian Springs.......

Phantom
02-23-2015, 08:50 PM
'freezing-cold'

:icon_razz::yes:

srt8-in-largo
02-23-2015, 11:27 PM
:crackup:

ha!

:crackup:

Steve 0080
02-24-2015, 12:14 AM
Its OK..I turned the AC on ...there is a heat wave down here !!!