PDA

View Full Version : Is This The Future?

Cool Hand Luke
02-19-2015, 04:41 PM
Interesting article about autonomus vehicles. I think it will eventually happen. Heck, my own 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited can almost drive itself now. It has:

- Radar assisted cruise, meaning it will accelerate and slow down, even stop, according to a vehicle in front of me. You can set the distance you want to keep.

- It can park itself, both parallel and perpendicular.

- It has collision avoidance, meaning it will warn and fully stop, if needed, to prevent a collision, both front and back (while reversing)

- It can keep you in your lane, meaning it will actually steer the vehicle back in your lane if it detects that you have or are close to crossing the yellow line.

Check it out: http://www.motorcycle.com/features/skidmarks-squished.html

The article deals with effects of autonomus vehicles will have on motorcycles.

Steve 0080
02-19-2015, 04:53 PM
I just bought a 2014 Ford Edge Sport... most of the above features...you can ever tell the car to raise the temperture, speed up the fan and so on and on.....it's smarter than I am !!!

taxfree4
02-19-2015, 05:14 PM
So it's basically DUI/DWI proof, just asking.

Limoles
02-19-2015, 05:47 PM
It is standard in my Lexus LS 460 and ... I hate it . I think , all those gadgets are taking away driver's pleasure of pure control . Such a options with limiters , buzzers , control light , electronically generated human voices are not for me , but I love rest of existing performance and luxury .

Cool Hand Luke
02-19-2015, 08:11 PM
It is standard in my Lexus LS 460 and ... I hate it . I think , all those gadgets are taking away driver's pleasure of pure control . Such a options with limiters , buzzers , control light , electronically generated human voices are not for me , but I love rest of existing performance and luxury .

Well, all of it can be turned off, at least in my vehicle.

shooter
02-19-2015, 09:48 PM
Wait till all those electronics start breaking down. They have gone too far with most of this stuff. Most if it is for incompetent drivers. And I don't mean you guys. Its been my experience that MC Riders in general are some of your best drivers.

Limoles
02-19-2015, 10:01 PM
Wait till all those electronics start breaking down. They have gone too far with most of this stuff. Most if it is for incompetent drivers. And I don't mean you guys. Its been my experience that MC Riders in general are some of your best drivers.

It's not only that , but for start try to change burned headlight bulb . No wander , why dealer wants to charge you $350.00
and telling you "they only give favor quoting so low , because job is time consuming" . Average hourly rate is now $120.00/hr. Designs of modern vehicles became ridiculous .

shooter
02-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Guy came in my shop the other day with a newer Malibu. Said he had a headlight out. Asked how much. I quoted the price and he told me no way. He would change it himself and stomped out. Called me the next day AMD asked if I would change his headlight for the price I quoted. I said yes. He had googled it and found out you have to pull the front bumper off the car to change the bulb. I talked him into changing all the headlamp bulbs because labor was the same. He appreciated the suggestion.