PDA

View Full Version : Some good points here... (Oops, someone mentioned guns ?)

MarcPW
02-20-2015, 03:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP3HJVp3n9c

53driver
02-20-2015, 05:09 PM
Very humourous.

Sorcerer
02-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Let's see. Security at the door. Security stage left, stage right. Driven to his gig in a limo. He also is a "subject" in his home country, not a citizen. Finally I bet he doesn't stay in a no name motel that does not have a door man. Just saying.

jaygollner
02-21-2015, 11:25 AM
Good stuff, I loved his series on FXX, it's a shame it got canceled.

woody
02-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Let's see. Security at the door. Security stage left, stage right. Driven to his gig in a limo. He also is a "subject" in his home country, not a citizen. Finally I bet he doesn't stay in a no name motel that does not have a door man. Just saying.

I am not buying into the gun debate one way or another. I do take exception to your statement He is also is a "subject" in his home country not a citizen. :bsII:

You really should have googled "Australian Citizenship" and checked with any number of government sites before making such an outrageous statement.

terrydj
02-28-2015, 04:49 PM
But the truth is out their??
With a population of maybe 23 million Australia has Gun deaths of maybe 40/50 a year ???

With a population of maybe 320 million America
32,514 people die from gun violence:
 11,294 people are murdered.
 19,992 people kill themselves.
 561 people are killed unintentionally.
 414 are killed by police intervention.
 254 die but intent is not known.
2,677 kids die from gun violence:
Heaps more than per year in any war Zone in the past 50 years ????

But in Canada a place that joins America and basically with the same Gun laws only 180 a year?? with a population of around 36 million

And those who have guns for home protection???????/
Oh you experts
Theirs no plaster in a house that can stop a pellet from a shotgun or a projectile from a Handgun/rifle going through the plaster and killing your loved ones???? :icon_cool:

taxfree4
02-28-2015, 05:22 PM
You have to get the statistics from where open and concealed carry are allowed to where there are very restrictive gun laws like Washington DC, the strictest, which has the highest gun related deaths in the US, 24.5 per 100,000. And that figure is fudged since in NY if you're shot and wounded with a gun it goes down as an assault but if you die the next day that assault isn't changed just a notation put in the file so that 24.5 is more like 30-35. Every major mass murder involving guns in the US since the 1950's has been in one of these gun free zones, Liberal Nirvana.

bigbird
02-28-2015, 07:01 PM
But in Canada a place that joins America and basically with the same Gun laws only 180 a year?? with a population of around 36 million

Hold on a minute, terry.
Our gun laws are VERY different than those in the US.
Handguns here are restricted weapons. Our laws are very similar to yours.

taxfree4
02-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Hold on a minute, terry.

I heard if the Queen gets shot the Gentlemen at Arms have orders to take out Prince Charles immediately as a favor to the British not to have that freak run the country. I am not hijacking the thread (disclaimer)

bigbird
02-28-2015, 10:47 PM
I heard if the Queen gets shot the Gentlemen at Arms have orders to take out Prince Charles immediately as a favor to the British not to have that freak run the country. I am not hijacking the thread (disclaimer)

With those ears he could outfly the speeding bullet.
I also am not hijacking the thread (disclaimer).

taxfree4
02-28-2015, 10:48 PM
True. I am not hijacking the thread (disclaimer)
BTW do you think Phantom will suspend us for a couple of days if we keep putting in the disclaimer? I am not hijacking the thread (disclaimer)

Phantom
02-28-2015, 11:01 PM
:hifu:

:moon:

:diggin_smilie:

shot his foot

:pop:

'RIP"

terrydj
02-28-2015, 11:12 PM
Hold on a minute, terry.

Sorry mate my appoligies

Had the chance to assist a company of Canadian Infantry when they came to us at the Jungle Training Center Canungra in the early 70's
Bloody fine bunch of men:yes:
Actually got to meet a few Mahican indian's that were with them and that was just amazing
Mate bloody good soldiers:icon_cool:

terrydj
02-28-2015, 11:17 PM

Now that's funny
Nearly as funny as the people that fled England because they could never become royal or have the staus as royals wanting a King as their head of state but settled for a president :icon_cool:

taxfree4
03-01-2015, 06:16 AM
Now that's funny
Nearly as funny as the people that fled England because they could never become royal or have the staus as royals wanting a King as their head of state but settled for a president :icon_cool:

Look at those ears, you don't think somebody was related to somebody before becoming parents of these two? That's not by accident. Back to the topic, I am not hijacking the thread (disclaimer)

hoglaw
03-01-2015, 10:49 AM
If you subtract the gun deaths in Detroit, New York, New Orleans, Oakland, and L.A.(all liberal havens) you will find the USA is in the bottom half of all countries for gun deaths.

taxfree4
03-01-2015, 12:14 PM
If you subtract the gun deaths in Detroit, New York, New Orleans, Oakland, and L.A.(all liberal havens) you will find the USA is in the bottom half of all countries for gun deaths.

Amen to that

Limoles
03-01-2015, 02:30 PM
You really don't know , what is causing most mortalities .

taxfree4
03-01-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm at Great Wolf Lodge in Scotrun PA, took the grandson here, for the next 2 days if anyone is in the area stop by drinks are on me. BTW I am not hijacking get the thread (disclaimer)

eloyo79
03-02-2015, 01:48 AM

Bingo!!

terrydj
03-02-2015, 02:25 AM

So true most likely 40 from the bottom. In fact I think just below Iraq
But what about the rest????????

Gun Murders
Alabama 135
Alaska 19
Arizona 232
Arkansas 93
California 1,257
Colorado 65
Connecticut 97
Delaware 38
District of Col 131
Florida 669
Georgia 376
Hawaii 7
Idaho 12
Illinois 364
Indiana 142
Iowa 21
Kansas 63
Kentucky 116
Louisiana 351
Maine 11
Maryland 293
Massachusetts 118
Michigan 413
Minnesota 1 53
Mississippi 120
Missouri 5 321
Montana 12
Nebraska 32
Nevada 84
New Hampshire 5
New Jersey 246
New Mexico 67
New York 517
North Carolina 286
North Dakota 4
Ohio 310
Oklahoma 111
Oregon 36
Pennsylvania 457
Rhode Island 16
South Carolina 207
South Dakota 8
Tennessee 219
Texas 805
Utah 22
Vermont 2
Virginia 250
Washington 93
West Virginia 27
Wisconsin 97
Wyoming 5

53driver
03-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Terry - where did that list come from? I would lie to cite it in a doc.
Thanks.

Limoles
03-02-2015, 07:45 PM
http://www.statista.com/statistics/195331/number-of-murders-in-the-us-by-state/

2014 NOT accounted yet - still under investigations

terrydj
03-03-2015, 03:23 AM
Terry - where did that list come from? I would lie to cite it in a doc.
Thanks.

Mate when I went to school you couldn't site Wikipedia but here is the Link
Bloody scary to me is all the fools that own guns but can"t shoot
Mate your ex/military and you know how important it is to pull the trigger and hit what your shooting at
I'm ex infantry Australia and you know we hit what we aim at
Just so sad so many fools with guns?????:icon_cool:

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States_by_state

taxfree4
03-03-2015, 05:17 AM
Say what you want about the Mafia but they ran a clean operation. No street corner shootouts hitting innocent bystanders like these spray and pray a-holes. You never had a body most of the time except for the boss, but that was to send a message. Clean, quiet and no mess people just evaporated, it was a respectable operation, we used to call it the Mafia Retirement Plan in the neighborhood. You wouldn't see somebody for a while and you would run into a friend and say "Have you seen Joe Tick?". The other guy would go "No" then you look each other and go "Ooooh". Great book to read "Murder Machine" about a bar in the neighborhood by me.

53driver
03-03-2015, 06:40 AM
Mate when I went to school you couldn't site Wikipedia but here is the Link

Thanks mate, and I still don't cite it. Not credible, for entertainment value only.

terrydj
03-03-2015, 07:39 AM
Thanks mate, and I still don't cite it. Not credible, for entertainment value only.

So true
That's how I view American Gun Laws
The right to bear arms that they all rave on about allowed for Protestant citizenry to "have Arms for their Defense suitable to their Conditions and as allowed by Law?
Me thinks that must mean that if your not a protestant then you don't have the right to bear arms????????
But then again that Bill of rights has had amendments added to it I think?????
So maybe it now includes every religion and even those that don't have a religion????
Yeap your right mate
For entertainment purposes only :icon_cool:

Jimmytee
03-04-2015, 05:19 AM

taxfree4
03-04-2015, 07:04 AM
Great website, lots of stories of self defense:

http://gunssavelives.net/