PDA

View Full Version : Hopnel Tank Bag with Map Holder for GL1800

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 05:04 AM
I purchased this new, never used it on my F6B, why? I installed the Kuryakyn Handlebar Risers prior to ordering the bag not realizing that the handlebars would swing lower and when making a turn would hit into the bag obstructing steering. This is the item:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ72121

I don't want any money for it and I'll pay for shipping, it just needs a good home. If anyone truly has a need for it send me a PM, veterans move to the front of the line, disabled vet just give me your address. I think that's fair enough.

F6B1911
02-22-2015, 05:21 AM
I don't want any money for it and I'll pay for shipping, it just needs a good home. If anyone truly has a need for it send me a PM, veterans move to the front of the line, disabled vet just give me your address. I think that's fair enough.

Now here's a true American, anyone looking out for veteran's is A-OK in my book.

1BADF6B
02-22-2015, 06:12 AM
Agreed. Pretty nice to see there is still some decent people out there.

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 06:27 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys, special place in my soul for veterans, both my parents were vets, my father was disabled WWII Army and mom was Korean War Navy (WAVES) so veterans walk on water as far as I'm concerned.

choptop
02-22-2015, 06:47 AM
:icon_smflag:'all/right'

carpdm
02-22-2015, 06:49 AM
Nice way to Pay it Forward.

53driver
02-22-2015, 09:03 AM
On behalf of vets, thank you.

Amipro
02-22-2015, 09:43 AM
On behalf of vets, thank you.

+1 :yes:

Limoles
02-22-2015, 11:05 AM
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give".

- Winston Churchill

bobbyf6b
02-22-2015, 11:48 AM
I'm not one to take advantage of my Vet status, but can I have it? Looks like it's made for 1st gen wings. How does it mount? If it mounts with double sided tape I'll pass on it. That stuff doesn't hold up to summer temps in Phoenix. My saddlebag lid pouch is always falling off.

US Army 1990-93.
Gulf War and Somalia survivor.
Disabled is an ugly word but yes I am.

53driver
02-22-2015, 12:18 PM
I'm not one to take advantage of my Vet status, but can I have it? Looks like it's made for 1st gen wings. How does it mount? If it mounts with double sided tape I'll pass on it. That stuff doesn't hold up to summer temps in Phoenix. My saddlebag lid pouch is always falling off.

US Army 1990-93.

Thank you for you service, sir.

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm not one to take advantage of my Vet status, but can I have it? Looks like it's made for 1st gen wings. How does it mount? If it mounts with double sided tape I'll pass on it. That stuff doesn't hold up to summer temps in Phoenix. My saddlebag lid pouch is always falling off. F

US Army 1990-93.

You got it, it mounts in two ways there is a collar which goes under and through the steering. That fastens itself with velcro and also has a strip of velcro that is exposed. The you attach the bag to that so if you need to get into the glove box you just rip it up and access the box. There are 2 little stick squares that attach to the tank but that's for stability but it's not going anywhere once you have that collar on. PM me your address I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow, even if it doesn't work out pass it on. Don't ever think you're taking advantage of your vet status, how do you repay someone who sacrifices their life for others? I think the scales are way in your favor.

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 12:41 PM
That's the loop that goes around and under the ignition key, there is space because I tried it.

Retired Army
02-22-2015, 01:11 PM
I purchased this new, never used it on my F6B, why? I installed the Kuryakyn Handlebar Risers prior to ordering the bag not realizing that the handlebars would swing lower and when making a turn would hit into the bag obstructing steering. This is the item:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ72121

Sir, you are a patriot.

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Far from it, but I do whatever I can for the real ones. As it may appear on the forum I'm a sarcastic prick, which I am, but when it comes to veterans I'm a big fluffy teddy bear.

bigbird
02-22-2015, 02:42 PM
it may appear on the forum I'm a sarcastic prick.

Don't tell that to a few of your "admirers" here.

One's bark is generally a lot harsher than their bite, especially on a forum.
Just based on this thread alone, I'm sure you've gained a whole lot of street cred.

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 03:47 PM
The first step to recovery is to admit you have a problem, so shut your pie hole :). See how I did that.

shooter
02-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Stay right on him Tax. Don't let up now. I think its moulting season.

taxfree4
02-22-2015, 09:52 PM
Like ugly on an ape I'm on him.

bigbird
02-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Like ugly on an ape I'm on him.

Why do dogs lick themselves?
Because they can!

Apes?
Don't know. Maybe? tax?

Birds?
For sure not.

Haven't seen your friend motoman on here lately. I thought maybe you sent the Hopnel tank bag to him as a peace offering.

bobbyf6b
02-23-2015, 12:06 AM
You got it, it mounts in two ways there is a collar which goes under and through the steering. That fastens itself with velcro and also has a strip of velcro that is exposed. The you attach the bag to that so if you need to get into the glove box you just rip it up and access the box. There are 2 little stick squares that attach to the tank but that's for stability but it's not going anywhere once you have that collar on. PM me your address I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow, even if it doesn't work out pass it on. Don't ever think you're taking advantage of your vet status, how do you repay someone who sacrifices their life for others? I think the scales are way in your favor.

Thanks! Address on the way. :biggthumpup:

bobbyf6b
02-26-2015, 11:13 AM
I want to extend my gratitude to taxfree4 for the Hopnel "tank" bag! Thank you very much!

I finally figured out how to mount it so I wanted to share with you and others to check it out. I had to pull up the dash and remove two screws by the key to get the strap under where it's supposed to go. The strap was too long so I tied it in a knot and the knot is hidden under the plastic. The base is held on by inserting the tabs into the gas filler and velcro holds it at the top. Then the bag sits on top of the base. Pretty cool. If you pull the top off you can get gas and if you want to use the drink holder just leave it off. Here's some pics.

11865 11866 11867 11868 11869

taxfree4
02-26-2015, 06:01 PM
I want to extend my gratitude to taxfree4 for the Hopnel "tank" bag! Thank you very much!

I finally figured out how to mount it so I wanted to share with you and others to check it out. I had to pull up the dash and remove two screws by the key to get the strap under where it's supposed to go. The strap was too long so I tied it in a knot and the knot is hidden under the plastic. The base is held on by inserting the tabs into the gas filler and velcro holds it at the top. Then the bag sits on top of the base. Pretty cool. If you pull the top off you can get gas and if you want to use the drink holder just leave it off. Here's some pics.

11865 11866 11867 11868 11869

Bobby,
What is that knob next to the keyhole? Is that a mount of some sort?

yabiah
02-26-2015, 08:21 PM

I finally figured out how to mount it so I wanted to share with you and others to check it out. I had to pull up the dash and remove two screws by the key to get the strap under where it's supposed to go. The strap was too long so I tied it in a knot and the knot is hidden under the plastic. The base is held on by inserting the tabs into the gas filler and velcro holds it at the top. Then the bag sits on top of the base. Pretty cool. If you pull the top off you can get gas and if you want to use the drink holder just leave it off.
Bobby,
I'd like to have "first right of refusal" if you ever decide to part with it.
Thanks,
Tim

srt8-in-largo
02-26-2015, 08:47 PM
Awesome thread, way to go guys!

Hope you get some good use out of that Bobby.

"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give".

- Winston Churchill

Diggin it.

bobbyf6b
02-27-2015, 01:45 AM
Bobby,
What is that knob next to the keyhole? Is that a mount of some sort?

I'm glad you asked. It's a cool phone mounting system called Quad Lock. I didn't like my phone on the bars so I stick it right there. When locked its at an angle so the bars don't hit it.

http://www.quadlockcase.com

I have one on my Sportster and on the dashboard of my work truck.

bobbyf6b
02-27-2015, 01:55 AM
Bobby,
I'd like to have "first right of refusal" if you ever decide to part with it.
Thanks,
Tim

:biggthumpup:

taxfree4
02-27-2015, 06:58 AM
I'm glad you asked. It's a cool phone mounting system called Quad Lock. I didn't like my phone on the bars so I stick it right there. When locked its at an angle so the bars don't hit it.

http://www.quadlockcase.com

I have one on my Sportster and on the dashboard of my work truck.

Looking on that website it looks like you have the adhesive mount with 6-8 Gauge screw

bobbyf6b
02-27-2015, 10:10 AM
Looking on that website it looks like you have the adhesive mount with 6-8 Gauge screw

I only use the tape. Screw is optional. The tape is the really good 3M stuff.