PDA

View Full Version : Dryspec D38

mike2000t
02-22-2015, 09:42 AM
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/dryspectm-d38-rigid-waterproof-motorcycle-dry-bag-in-black-grey-or-orange

has anyone tried this? i am thinking because it is a rigid bag, if i strap it to the back seat it may give a little back support. Plus they are listed as being waterproof, which is nice.

53driver
02-22-2015, 09:56 AM
Looks like a good bag!
I have not tried it.

terrydj
02-22-2015, 09:57 AM
Mate similar to what I have
I'll give yah a hint
Make up a board out of ply or something the length and width of the bag to put down first on the rack
Stops the bag from banging on the paint.
Also helps with the Occys/straps:icon_cool:

F6B1911
02-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Have a few camping trips planned as well, installed the Bungee Assist hooks, and grabbed some assorted Rok Straps.
... Then bought a few too many bags hoping to get some back support, so far I haven't found anything I'm real happy with.

I ended up with the Rivco hitch, hitch rack and bag, that pretty much took care of the bag.
Not sure what to do for back support.

My next purchase will be the DriRider tail bag, shipping is high, comes from down under.
@$#%, I have more bags than windshields now!

db24
02-22-2015, 04:15 PM
I use the Dry Spec bag with my Rivco hitch rack. NOTHING inside gets wet.

terrydj
02-22-2015, 04:19 PM
My next purchase will be the DriRider tail bag, shipping is high, comes from down under.

Mate just picked mine up and its a winner
Super strong Zips and heaps of room
Has a nylon frame for the walls of it
Had Dririder for maybe 35 years and although the stuff fades yah cant break it
And them 2 pockets on either side that drop down have zips to lower them down if you need them ?
Measured it up and made a flat bit out of Ply to put in between it and the rack so I could keep it off the paint.
And postage, tell me about it
Cost me $35 American near $50 Australian to have a Küryakyn passenger drink thingy sent over
Postage sucks
But the bag is a definite winner :icon_cool:

Deer Slayer
02-22-2015, 05:40 PM
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/dryspectm-d38-rigid-waterproof-motorcycle-dry-bag-in-black-grey-or-orange

has anyone tried this? i am thinking because it is a rigid bag, if i strap it to the back seat it may give a little back support. Plus they are listed as being waterproof, which is nice.

I use an Orlib bag in yellow. In use about 5 years and no problims with this type of bag. :workout:

Fla_rider
02-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Have a few camping trips planned as well, installed the Bungee Assist hooks, and grabbed some assorted Rok Straps.
... Then bought a few too many bags hoping to get some back support, so far I haven't found anything I'm real happy with.

I ended up with the Rivco hitch, hitch rack and bag, that pretty much took care of the bag.
Not sure what to do for back support.

Just one question, ever since I saw this I wondered how the heck do you not get a ticket for blocking the Lisc. plate?

terrydj
02-23-2015, 03:15 PM
Its full of bear mate
Cop pulls yah over
Slip him a beer
Tell some lies
And away you go :icon_cool:

F6B1911
02-23-2015, 03:34 PM
Just one question, ever since I saw this I wondered how the heck do you not get a ticket for blocking the Lisc. plate?

It's the same as a truck pulling a 5th wheel or a car pulling a trailer.

Ericb445
02-25-2015, 08:49 PM
It's the same as a truck pulling a 5th wheel or a car pulling a trailer.

Doesn't the trailer have plate on it?
MY luck I would get a ticket for blocking the rear plate.

Old Ryder
02-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Its full of bear mate
Cop pulls yah over
Slip him a beer
Tell some lies
And away you go :icon_cool:

I like the way you think!

F6B1911
02-25-2015, 10:09 PM

Good Point, maybe I just have been lucky so far?

db24
02-26-2015, 01:15 PM
The hitch rack has a bracket on the back edge for the license plate to be re-mounted. I use the quick release plastic mounting screws and just move the plate to the rear during the couple of trips a year when I need to hitch rack. I was not impressed with the Rivco bag (although I like most all of their other products;) any of the other waterproof bags already mentioned can easily bungee on ahead of the registration plate without any interference.

Ericb445
02-26-2015, 06:25 PM
I have been looking at the D38 bags as well. I'm going to get the two bag system "D66" for my upcoming Sturgis trip this year.

F6B1911
03-23-2015, 10:33 PM
Mate just picked mine up and its a winner
Super strong Zips and heaps of room
Has a nylon frame for the walls of it
Had Dririder for maybe 35 years and although the stuff fades yah cant break it
And them 2 pockets on either side that drop down have zips to lower them down if you need them ?
Measured it up and made a flat bit out of Ply to put in between it and the rack so I could keep it off the paint.
And postage, tell me about it
Cost me $35 American near $50 Australian to have a Küryakyn passenger drink thingy sent over
Postage sucks
But the bag is a definite winner :icon_cool:

Well, I went for it, hoping this will be the last bag I purchase for a while. Also grabbed the Hurricane rain suit.
It made it through customs, so it should arrive soon.

Steve 0080
03-23-2015, 11:11 PM
F6B1911...if you decide to loose the bag and the rack I could be interested !!!

As far as the tag being blocked...it is a non moving violation ( FLA ) and not sure someone would stoop so low !!!

F6B1911
03-24-2015, 04:46 AM
F6B1911...if you decide to loose the bag and the rack I could be interested !!!
As far as the tag being blocked...it is a non moving violation ( FLA ) and not sure someone would stoop so low !!!

I'll keep that in mind, but I just made a purchase from a supporting vendor, going to put on the Rivco Rack LED Tail Light Set, it has a bracket for the license plate.

Jimmytee
03-24-2015, 05:00 AM

Here in Kentucky, trailers under a certain size are not required to be registered and plated.

shooter
03-24-2015, 12:24 PM
I like the way you think!

He is smarter than you think.