PDA

View Full Version : I finally pulled the trigger

valkhound
02-22-2015, 06:20 PM
After looking for quite some time I finally pulled the trigger and brought a leftover 2013 red std home yesterday. I had been wanting a deluxe but finally found this std with only 172 miles on it close to home so I decided to get it done. I had already test rode one once before but I knew on the 65 mile ride home that I'm really going to like this bike. I've been riding Valkyrie's for the last 15 years and still have two Valkyrie Interstates but the F6B is really a sweet ride. The 50 degree weather we had yesterday has yielded back to winter with snow and bitter cold here again today. So I'very spent the day looking for a center stand, OEM passenger backrest. Already have a Klock werks dark smoke windshield on the way thanks to Bobbyf6b . One thing I've been looking for is a service manual that I can download to my computer or a CD copy of one. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the service manual? And is there a stand alone service manual for the F6B or is it combined with the regular Goldwing manual?
I've been following this forum daily for the last two years and it's great to have a place with all the information that is available here. Thank you to all who make this place what it is!

flamed20
02-22-2015, 07:39 PM
:congrats: on the new bike purchase!!

53driver
02-22-2015, 07:40 PM
Well done. 2 years is a lot of research. Enjoy!

bigbird
02-22-2015, 07:53 PM
One thing I've been looking for is a service manual that I can download to my computer or a CD copy of one. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find the service manual? And is there a stand alone service manual for the F6B or is it combined with the regular Goldwing manual?

Honda's factory service manual for the F6B is a combined manual with all versions including the GL1800 and Canadian models.
It's cheaper to buy it from www.helminc.com than a dealer.
You won't find a downloadable or CD version unless someone has scanned it and pirated it.

choptop
02-22-2015, 08:42 PM
Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorcerer
02-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Welcome from one VRCC to another.

Jimmytee
02-22-2015, 09:06 PM
Congrats on the F6B and yet another VRCC member.:cheers:
Going to INZANE?

nvmyf6
02-22-2015, 10:43 PM
Another VRCC member. Me too, small world, hahaha

For me, it was hard to get off the Valk, and I don't really like the new one. So the F6B it is. . And for me, I am not gonna look back. INZANE, isn't it.

Hahaha.

BACA
02-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Welcome and I'm a former VRCC rider as well............sure do miss that bike.

Jimmytee
02-23-2015, 05:53 AM
Welcome and I'm a former VRCC rider as well............sure do miss that bike.
I still have my Valk, but will be going to INZANE on the F6B. :icon_biggrin: Really, there are quite a few VRCC members who no longer have a Valkyrie for one reason or another. After all, they quit making the original in 2003. Some have decided to move on with other choices in motorcycles, but friendships and riding carry on.:icon_cool: Last year, there were actually quite a few F6Bs, some Gold Wings, a couple of 2014 Valkyries a HD and a Victory or 2. I didn't count, but suffice it to say, it isn't a critical thing to be on a Valk. Everyone pretty much looks at anything in the Gold Wing lineage as Valkyrie related anyways...:icon_lol:

Fla_rider
02-23-2015, 07:38 AM
:postpics:

Steve 0080
02-23-2015, 08:16 AM
'welcome gang' to the board !!!

JackB
02-23-2015, 09:11 AM
Welcome from one VRCC to another.

Same here welcome
You will love your F6B

vmaxed
02-23-2015, 09:20 AM
.welcome20.Congrats on the F6B and from another VRCC member.

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 10:24 AM
:postpics:

hahaha that's funny, I haven't figured that part yet "coffee"

valkhound
02-23-2015, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome from everybody. I do recognize several people here from the VRCC board as well as the Runeriders forum. While I no longer have the Rune I do still have 2 Valkyrie Interstates and don't plan on getting rid of them. It never hurts to have an extra bike or two around. But after riding the F6B home I can already see that the Valk's will be getting some rest as I roll the miles up on the B.
Jimmy I may make Inzane this year but I won't know until the last minute with work. I used to make all of the Inzane's but have missed the last 3 or 4. It will really be good this year with it being given in Spearfish with all the great riding up there.
Looking forward to the new bike as well as meeting some new friends!
Ride safe everyone

Limoles
02-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome from everybody. I do recognize several people here from the VRCC board as well as the Runeriders forum. While I no longer have the Rune I do still have 2 Valkyrie Interstates and don't plan on getting rid of them. It never hurts to have an extra bike or two around. But after riding the F6B home I can already see that the Valk's will be getting some rest as I roll the miles up on the B.
Jimmy I may make Inzane this year but I won't know until the last minute with work. I used to make all of the Inzane's but have missed the last 3 or 4. It will really be good this year with it being given in Spearfish with all the great riding up there.
Looking forward to the new bike as well as meeting some new friends!
Ride safe everyone

You have friends already :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

srt8-in-largo
02-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Naw... these people only like you because of your bike :icon_biggrin: