PDA

View Full Version : Question Updating from 2001 GL1800 to 2015 F6 deluxe

sdcatman
02-22-2015, 09:50 PM
'gw-smiley'

Am I in for any surprises if I trade my 01 GL1800 for a 2015 F6 Deluxe my GL1800 has been very enjoyable, but as my wife rides her own 2014 RTS Can Am. I am looking for a different ride what will I be missing in your opinions. I rarely used my reverse so I don't anticipate issues with that the windshield seems to be a concern for many has anyone attempted to convert to the Goldwing style adjustable windshield. Anything else that you can think off would be appreciated. there is nothing wrong with my wing but I seem to have the itch for something different we live in SD but try to ride about 10,000 miles a season so I don't want to be disappointed with a new ride.

Thanks in advance

bobbyf6b
02-22-2015, 09:57 PM
If you can live without the trunk then you'll enjoy it just as much. That's after installing a higher windshield of course. The '15 has cruise control so no need to worry about losing that. Not to say that it isn't impossible, but it would be expensive and a pita to install the Honda adjustable shield hardware.

One thing I just thought of is there's no foot warmer flaps on the F6B.

sdcatman
02-22-2015, 10:05 PM
My 2001 did not have foot warmer flaps either so I installed Baker Foot wings they helped quite a bit

Jimmytee
02-22-2015, 10:09 PM
The trunk is really the only thing I would think you may miss. For me, I'm fine with using luggage on the luggage rack for trips and appreciate the styling without the trunk. I also prefer the seating position if the F6B which gives the rider a bit more room. I have never had reverse and am quite used to using my own power to back up a bug bike when needed like my Valkyries. It's all in what you want. For me, the F6B was the bike.

Ixol Phaane
02-23-2015, 12:53 AM
'gw-smiley'

Am I in for any surprises if I trade my 01 GL1800 for a 2015 F6 Deluxe ...
Thanks in advance

Yeah, Baby! You're gonna be surprised at how nimble and easy the F6B is to maneuver in slower traffic on the surface streets... and in the parking lots... let alone how it doesn't mind getting flicked from side to side in the twisties. And how it wants to pull your arms off when you roll on the throttle.

And you'll probably be surprised at how much it makes your face do this... > :icon_biggrin:

bobbyf6b
02-23-2015, 12:56 AM
Yeah, the seat is the other thing that you'll notice. If you feel cramped on the full wing you will like the F6B seat. You sit back more. That was a high selling point for me.

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 01:21 AM
Something I have an issue with, is that my full face helmet will not fit in either of the side bags, the right side is thinner than the left.

Some full face helmets fit, cuz I seen it in a youtube video. If you don't use a full face helmet then its not an issue.

I use a Lazar Carbon Fiber Modular helmet, and have Cardo Bluetooth attached to the side. but even with the bluetooth unit slid off the holder, I still can't get the side bag to close.

Fla_rider
02-23-2015, 07:42 AM
Something I have an issue with, is that my full face helmet will not fit in either of the side bags, the right side is thinner than the left.

Some full face helmets fit, cuz I seen it in a youtube video. If you don't use a full face helmet then its not an issue.

I use a Lazar Carbon Fiber Modular helmet, and have Cardo Bluetooth attached to the side. but even with the bluetooth unit slid off the holder, I still can't get the side bag to close.

Yeah, some do some don't. Most of us use the cable lock Honda provided.

srt8-in-largo
02-25-2015, 12:07 AM
There's no gizmo, doo-dad, or whiz-bang that will make you regret the 6 IMO...

grendl
03-01-2015, 03:01 PM
There's no gizmo, doo-dad, or whiz-bang that will make you regret the 6 IMO...

I always appreciated the full Wing for what it is but I would not give up my F6B for anything the full wing offers.I have had a coupel times where reverse would have been nice,but I got it backed up so no real biggie.Only things I want for my 'B' are things that dont come on either of them.
I love this bike and think you will also..

Amipro
03-01-2015, 07:07 PM
You might miss the CB if your wing was so equipped and the softer air suspension. The loss of reverse isn't a big deal with the "B" IMO. You will probably want a different windshield and a duffel if you do some long distance traveling.
Enjoy the roomier seat, sportier handling, and the reduced price tag that the full blown Wing doesn't have. :icon_biggrin: