PDA

View Full Version : I just picked up my 2015 F6B

nvmyf6
02-22-2015, 10:31 PM
I'm another new F6B owner, and new to this forum. Hello everyone. This past Saturday l went and picked up the matte silver colored one. All the pictures of this color I have seen does nothing for the up close and personal look. Very pleased with this choice of color. Looks great.

With a 200 mile ride home yesterday and today another 130 miles, I can't seem to get this huge grin off my face. What a great ride, so smooth, so comfortable, easy handling.

Like many other here, I had the Valkyrie, mine was a 2000 Blue and Silver Interstate. I totally love that bike, had it for 14 years, put 86,000 plus miles on it. A great bike for sure. It's a Honda right.

This past year, I had a 2013 Yamaha FJR. A fun and very fast bike, had a lot of great features. Just that bike was not for me.

Now this F6B, well I'm gonna have this bike for a very long time and going to put many, many, many miles on it.

Looking forward to a meet and greet..

bigbird
02-22-2015, 10:41 PM
I can't seem to get this huge grin off my face.

You've been infected by effbeesixitis.
No known antidote.
A well documented side effect is aksessoreeitis.
Symptoms are a declining bank balance and spousal displeasure.

Enjoy your ride.

CheesyRider
02-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Congrats! My last bike was an FJR too.

Big Jay
02-22-2015, 10:51 PM
Congrats and Welcome . my last bike was the ST 1300. Love the F6B. .welcome20.

carpdm
02-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Congrats! I put a deposit down on a 2014 Deluxe, Yellow. I have enjoyed my 2005 ST1300PA. Hope to enjoy the F6B, that much more.

fxdl2051
02-22-2015, 11:49 PM
Congrads, very nice ride. Keep us posted on how the silver paint job holds up, thinking along these lines myself.

bobbyf6b
02-22-2015, 11:57 PM
.welcome20. from AZ! You're not too far away.

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 12:18 AM
the silver paint job

This paint color is not really a silver, it's more like a gray, maybe a charcoal gray, maybe. My wife has a gray colored Lincoln MKZ. Her car is shinny due to the clear coat. My bike looks like the same color, just with no shinny clear coat. It looks great.

I will let everyone know of any paint issues.

XHarley
02-23-2015, 12:21 AM
I'm another new F6B owner, and new to this forum. Hello everyone. This past Saturday l went and picked up the matte silver colored one. All the pictures of this color I have seen does nothing for the up close and personal look. Very pleased with this choice of color. Looks great.

With a 200 mile ride home yesterday and today another 130 miles, I can't seem to get this huge grin off my face. What a great ride, so smooth, so comfortable, easy handling.

Like many other here, I had the Valkyrie, mine was a 2000 Blue and Silver Interstate. I totally love that bike, had it for 14 years, put 86,000 plus miles on it. A great bike for sure. It's a Honda right.

This past year, I had a 2013 Yamaha FJR. A fun and very fast bike, had a lot of great features. Just that bike was not for me.

Now this F6B, well I'm gonna have this bike for a very long time and going to put many, many, many miles on it.

Looking forward to a meet and greet..

Great looking bike and welcome to the F6B Riders Community.

I am also interested in how the new matte silver holds up as I may be in the market later in the year for a slightly used one. I like the factory cruise and worth that to get the new model.
Again, congrats and ride safe.
X

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 12:22 AM
.welcome20. from AZ! You're not too far away.

Hahahahaha, No I'm not :icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
02-23-2015, 12:39 AM
This paint color is not really a silver, it's more like a gray, maybe a charcoal gray, maybe. My wife has a gray colored Lincoln MKZ. Her car is shinny due to the clear coat. My bike looks like the same color, just with no shinny clear coat. It looks great.

Did Honda give any pointers on how to care for the paint..my dealer has no clue...

Limoles
02-23-2015, 12:40 AM
Actually , we are very close to each other more than you think . Enjoy this beast :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 12:40 AM
I like the factory cruise and worth that to get the new model.

I agree, well worth the wait. The factory cruise operates kinda weird though, when I push the button to set the cruise and then release the throttle, the bike decelerates a bit then it picks up to the set speed, kinda has a slow reaction.

I have been playing around with it and it seem that I need to hold the throttle a bit longer so the bike doesn't decel as much. I guess its normal for the Goldwing guys, because the manager/sales guy, that sold me the bike has a Goldwing and made me aware of how the cruise control may seem different.

My FJR had cruise control, and I would just set it and forget it. no decel at all

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 12:56 AM
Did Honda give any pointers on how to care for the paint..my dealer has no clue...

No pointers at all from the Dealer.

Normally, on my Valk and the FJR, I used Pledge, done it for years, no problems at all.

My Son in Law suggested, I internet search for a product for Matte paint, thinking its a porous paint. I am not sure yet.

I have cleaned the bike a few time all ready, with pledge, and the paint feels smooth. I don't see that I'm hurting the paint at all. but im watching it.

Its been very windy here with a lot of dust and sand in the air. I gotta keep it clean.

RSMIKE
02-23-2015, 07:19 AM
Harley has some stuff for satin paint and a few others on the Web. I was told not to use anything with wax in it

vmaxed
02-23-2015, 09:42 AM
I agree, well worth the wait. The factory cruise operates kinda weird though, when I push the button to set the cruise and then release the throttle, the bike decelerates a bit then it picks up to the set speed, kinda has a slow reaction.

I have been playing around with it and it seem that I need to hold the throttle a bit longer so the bike doesn't decel as much. I guess its normal for the Goldwing guys, because the manager/sales guy, that sold me the bike has a Goldwing and made me aware of how the cruise control may seem different.

My FJR had cruise control, and I would just set it and forget it. no decel at all

Congrats on the new F6B :yes:,you can adjust the cruise cable so it comes on faster.The older Wings had the same problem but my 2014 is good out of the create.

Riknchar
02-23-2015, 09:56 AM
Congrats on the new F6B :yes:,you can adjust the cruise cable so it comes on faster.The older Wings had the same problem but my 2014 is good out of the create.

Exactly right... The cruise lag is a common problem on the GL1800s, and is well understood by the Goldwing mechanics (and thus, easy to remedy). Since your bike is brand new (with warranty), you should be able to have the cable adjusted for no cost to eliminate the deceleration after setting it. I had a 2003 GL1800 with this problem, and I paid the Honda Tech to fix the problem...

Congrats on the new F6B! Rick

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Exactly right... The cruise lag is a common problem on the GL1800s, and is well understood by the Goldwing mechanics (and thus, easy to remedy). Since your bike is brand new (with warranty), you should be able to have the cable adjusted for no cost to eliminate the deceleration after setting it. I had a 2003 GL1800 with this problem, and I paid the Honda Tech to fix the problem...

Yep, I'm gonna have to look into this issue. I am surprised I wasn't told that it could be adjusted if I found it to be a problem, since the Dealer guy told me about the issue.

Fla_rider
02-23-2015, 11:15 AM
Minor Details to most of use since we don't have CC. Now take a Pic of your bike and it's proud new owner or owners girlfriend! :yes:

Texas TC
02-23-2015, 11:26 AM

There have been volumes written about the cruise control hesitation on various Gold Wing boards. I had ''08 and a '12 model full Wings and both had hesitation or a bit of a jerk when the cruise was activated. I never had a good fix for the issue. That is one reason I have found it humorous when all the early F6B owners were wishing for and wanting cruise control. At the same time, full Wing owners were complaining about the Honda factory units. You have a nice looking motorcycle, have fun and enjoy!

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 11:52 AM
:Saweeet smilie:

XHarley
02-23-2015, 12:35 PM

Really like that silver/gray on this bike. The matte finish could be Honda's way of getting around the issues with the water based gloss finishes. Either way that is a sweet looking ride.

Ride safe.

X

unsub
02-23-2015, 12:37 PM
All the pictures of this color I have seen does nothing for the up close and personal look. Very pleased with this choice of color. Looks great.

Welcome to the group.:039:

Interesting that you say this and it's not just the colour scheme. This bike looks so different in person than from any printed literature. Everyone that has looked at my F6 has commented exactly that. That 3rd dimension allows people to appreciate the bike's design much, much more.

The more F6's that are spotted in the wild should equate to the bike's popularity/demand picking up momentum, as we are seeing now.

Stay safe and have fun, in that order.

RSMIKE
02-23-2015, 01:41 PM
Is there any way you can put sound bite on,supposedly it sounds different.

WingStuff
02-23-2015, 01:43 PM
Congrats on the beautiful bike and welcome to the forum from San Clemente, California!

smokinjoe187
02-23-2015, 01:58 PM
i had a 2009 matte black harley for 5 years
the only product i ever used was adams quick detailer,you can use it on the whole bike i even used it to clean the windshield
i would avoid micro fiber towels he also sell some great detail towels..only thing i use on my 6!
still beautiful going on three years
its available on the web site or amazon
congrats on the new scoot,i'm jealous

Fla_rider
02-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Here's the link to Amazon. Adams Detailer

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Adams+Quick+detailer

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Is there any way you can put sound bite on,supposedly it sounds different.

Oh, the sound, it's gonna make you say 'Iwant' .. I wish I could put a sound bite here, not sure how I would do that. The sound is very deep tone, moan, and it sounds best while accelerating. It's not quite that's for sure, but not load either. just a nice mellow deep tone.

nvmyf6
02-23-2015, 02:58 PM
i had a 2009 matte black harley for 5 years
the only product i ever used was adams quick detailer,you can use it on the whole bike i even used it to clean the windshield
i would avoid micro fiber towels he also sell some great detail towels..only thing i use on my 6!
still beautiful going on three years
its available on the web site or amazon
congrats on the new scoot,i'm jealous

Ok, cool thank you, I will check it out...

srt8-in-largo
02-24-2015, 11:59 PM
Now you are part of the legend known as GL1800...

nvmyf6
02-25-2015, 03:19 PM
Now you are part of the legend known as GL1800...

Oh yea :icon_mrgreen: :8:

DaWadd
02-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Pics or it did not happen."coffee"

nvmyf6
02-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Pics or it did not happen."coffee"

No, I have not taken any more pictures as of yet. I will this weekend though. :thumb:

racer
02-26-2015, 03:36 PM
and spousal displeasure.

Just experienced that with the purchase of a new seat. :icon_rolleyes:

nvmyf6
02-26-2015, 04:06 PM

More Pics ;photog;

bigbird
02-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Just experienced that with the purchase of a new seat. :icon_rolleyes:

That's only the beginning.
If you intercept the mail or UPS truck, life will be a lot simpler.

nvmyf6
02-27-2015, 04:32 AM
:popcorn: The exhaust sure has a great sound

http://youtu.be/rifSWP6WWAQ

RSMIKE
02-27-2015, 07:28 AM
Your killing me, it's 3degrees in Ohio with 6 inches on the way.
Great video
Thank you :postpics

nvmyf6
02-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Your killing me, it's 3degrees in Ohio with 6 inches on the way.
Great video
Thank you :postpics

3degrees YIKES!! 'freezing-cold' Its another ;sunny; day here 68 degrees

valkhound
02-27-2015, 04:06 PM
Congratulations on the new bike! You mentioned you used to have a blue and silver Valkyrie Interstate and that you are from Blythe,California. There used to be a guy from Blythe that had an Interstate like that. I used to see him and his family at some of the earlier VRCC Inzane Rally's who's first name was Dennis. His handle on the VRCC board was Dennis from Blythe.That wouldn't be you by chance would it?

nvmyf6
02-27-2015, 04:13 PM
Congratulations on the new bike! You mentioned you used to have a blue and silver Valkyrie Interstate and that you are from Blythe,California. There used to be a guy from Blythe that had an Interstate like that. I used to see him and his family at some of the earlier VRCC Inzane Rally's who's first name was Dennis. His handle on the VRCC board was Dennis from Blythe.That wouldn't be you by chance would it?

"busted" hahahhaha Yes it is me, Dennis from Blythe. :icon_mrgreen: You got me valkhound :clap2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZctOW8QC9dw

I do miss that ride.. but I have another great ride :winnergold1:

grendl
02-27-2015, 08:33 PM
Welcome to the best forum around > And the color and sound of the new Bike is nice ! Congrtulations !

bigbird
02-27-2015, 08:54 PM
Definitely more rumble at idle.
As another new '15 owner has stated, at higher rpm it doesn't sound much different than the older models.
I'm still waiting to hear real world feedback on the forthcoming Two Bros mufflers.

valkhound
02-27-2015, 11:08 PM
"busted" hahahhaha Yes it is me, Dennis from Blythe. :icon_mrgreen: You got me valkhound :clap2:

I thought that might be you Dennis. Good to hear from you again. If I remember right I think the last time I saw you was at one of the Inzane's in Paducah or maybe Frisco and your family won the raffle where they gave away a mini captain America chopper.

srt8-in-largo
02-27-2015, 11:15 PM

I love that video :icon_biggrin:

nvmyf6
02-28-2015, 03:28 AM
Definitely more rumble at idle.
As another new '15 owner has stated, at higher rpm it doesn't sound much different than the older models.

I agree, it sounds great at idle. It does sound better cruising down the road then just sitting there at a higher RPM level.

nvmyf6
02-28-2015, 03:43 AM
I thought that might be you Dennis. Good to hear from you again. If I remember right I think the last time I saw you was at one of the Inzane's in Paducah or maybe Frisco and your family won the raffle where they gave away a mini captain America chopper.

Good to hear from you as well. Sure had a lot of fun going INZANE :icon_mrgreen: I always look forward to another one, just hasn't worked out.

Yep, it was in Paducah, the wife won the mini chopper.

Jimmytee
02-28-2015, 05:54 AM
Inzane is in Spearfish ,SD this year. Don't know if that is close enough for you Left Coasters or not. I'm riding the F6B there.:icon_cool:

75tsiegel
02-28-2015, 08:05 AM
Boy, I thought I had my heart set on the metallic blue color, but after seeing this video I really like matte grey color. I'll have to see both in person to really decide. Nice bike and enjoy it!

Jimmytee
02-28-2015, 08:31 AM
I'm planning on making this year's rally in North Carolina. Maybe we'll have some different colors there to kind of spice up those group photos.:icon_mrgreen:

53driver
02-28-2015, 07:15 PM
At about 1:25 you show the dash and I think it says "Cruise ON" in amber.
Is that correct?

nvmyf6
02-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Inzane is in Spearfish ,SD this year. Don't know if that is close enough for you Left Coasters or not. I'm riding the F6B there.:icon_cool:

Oh yes it is, and I am thinking about a road 'riding''

nvmyf6
02-28-2015, 08:54 PM
At about 1:25 you show the dash and I think it says "Cruise ON" in amber.
Is that correct?

That is correct. There is a button that makes the cruise available, on or off. Than there is the set / decel button. Also resume / accel button. What you are seeing is that the cruise is available.

blackmetoc
02-28-2015, 09:20 PM

Liquid Glass. I found some at the Advanced Auto. They seem to stock it.

nvmyf6
02-28-2015, 11:38 PM
Liquid Glass. I found some at the Advanced Auto. They seem to stock it.

Yes Liquid Glass, I have heard of this product. I'll do some research. Thank you :icon_biggrin:

Dave Ritsema
03-01-2015, 09:56 AM
Welcome, lots of former Valkyrie owners and VRCC members here. :039:

Jimmytee
03-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Dave, you going to Inzane?

opas ride
03-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Being a former Valkyrie owner myself now riding a F6B, I wonder how many of us former owners would buy, or have bought , the newer version of the Valk??...I love my F6B and intend to keep it, but the 2014/15 with a windshield and those fancy Corbin bags ($1800) sure looks nice...Just saying.....

nvmyf6
03-01-2015, 02:30 PM

Hello Dave, good to hear from you Sir. I remember you as well. :icon_biggrin:

it's just like a family reunion here :039:

valkhound
03-02-2015, 08:27 PM
Hello Dave, good to hear from you Sir. I remember you as well. :icon_biggrin:

it's just like a family reunion here :039:

Hello to you also Dave.I haven't seen you for quite some time. It's good to see you on here too. I recognize Jimmy Tee and Shortleg from the VRCC on here too. :icon_biggrin:
I still have 2 Valk Interstates as well as the new F6B but I think they will be seeing less riding time now.

Old Ryder
03-03-2015, 07:08 AM
Being a former Valkyrie owner myself now riding a F6B, I wonder how many of us former owners would buy, or have bought , the newer version of the Valk??...I love my F6B and intend to keep it, but the 2014/15 with a windshield and those fancy Corbin bags ($1800) sure looks nice...Just saying.....

As a former Valk owner, I would love it. Would not trade it for the B, but I hear that it is not a good seller and already the deep discounts have started. The local dealership doesn't keep a B for more than a month but they have the same 2 Valkyries and CTX1300 since 2013. I would love one for the right price but I can't do 2 bikes and the B ain't going nowhere