PDA

View Full Version : F6B Quick Tips

WingStuff
02-23-2015, 01:46 PM
http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f8/5b/d0/f85bd040523d6eb48f9af5d59f2760df.jpg

What are any and all of your “quick tips” when it comes to riding and caring for your F6B? Let’s pass on our knowledge and experience that we’ve gained from years of riding to other riders.

It can be anything from how you stay comfortable on a long ride to waterproofing your speakers and anything in between.

I’ll go first: Slipping your riding boots into waterproof overshoes can be a pain. Next time, try placing plastic grocery bags over your boots first and pulling on the overshoes will be a breeze!

Fla_rider
02-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Ok- I'll go a long.

1. I use dryer sheets to remove the bugs on the front of the bike, I keep extra sheets in the saddlebags to make the bags smell fresh. Of course anything I throw in the saddlebags will smell fresh also. :popcorn:

terrydj
02-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Just make sure that the stuff you put on your bike works
The Farkle shelf works.
The only things that should be on your handlebars are the switches
Autocom works
Bluetooth Intercom is only for day-trippers

BIGLRY
02-23-2015, 03:50 PM
I spray Lemon Pledge on all my chrome & paint just before going on a long distance ride, sure helps with bug guts removal after the trip as I don't clean my scoot while on a ride.:301:

bigbird
02-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Applies not to just the F6B, but any vehicle:

Check only cold: the engine oil level and tire pressure

bobbyf6b
02-23-2015, 05:04 PM
Don't watch videos for mods on a 1st generation wing and expect the 2nd generation wing to be the same. :icon_doh:

Cheesyryder
02-24-2015, 10:03 AM
The pegs scraping is like 90% of your lean angle. Take the noise as a warning, not a challenge:yikes:

Sorcerer
02-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Ice cube trays are a great way to keep track of and organize small screws and push pins when working on your bike.

Hornblower
02-24-2015, 11:27 AM
The pegs scraping is like 90% of your lean angle. Take the noise as a warning, not a challenge:yikes:

Can you point us to the source of this little "factoid"?

unsub
02-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Can you point us to the source of this little "factoid"?
Let's stick to tips and tricks.

I carry a small piece of plywood 4"X5" to place under my side stand whenever the ground or pavement is soft.

Hornblower
02-24-2015, 01:32 PM

Are you saying Cheezyryder's post wasn't a tip???

opas ride
02-24-2015, 01:39 PM
Cleaning bug crap off your bikes windshield is a piece of cake using a spray bottle solution of 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1 cup water..Spray on let soak for a minute and wipe clean with a micro-fiber or cotton rag.....A whole lot cheaper than many of the products that are on the market!!!

Rustysocket
02-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Make sure the side stand is in the up position when pushing forward off the center stand.... :icon_doh:

tinkerman
02-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Make sure the side stand is in the up position when pushing forward off the center stand.... :icon_doh:

And an addition to this....if your last main ride was a HD, remember that the side stand on the F6B does not lock in the extended position so the bike can roll forward in neutral on an incline as the side stand folds neatly into place. (Having your front wheel on the edge of a pothole, even though the area is level, counts as an incline). The upside to doing this is you get to test the crash bars which work the charm. I was lucky having forgotten this on a fairly sandy parking area....the paint on the roll bars was just scuffed a bit....the helmet falling off the bike suffered the most damage.

unsub
02-24-2015, 03:16 PM
-Use 2nd gear when rolling around parking lots and other tight spaces.

-Engine off. When using a ramp to mount or dismount your motorcycle for transport, put the bike in gear and use the clutch for braking.

blackmetoc
02-24-2015, 04:53 PM
I spray Lemon Pledge on all my chrome & paint just before going on a long distance ride, sure helps with bug guts removal after the trip as I don't clean my scoot while on a ride.:301:

I wonder if that works well w/ the love bugs in FL. Those rat bastards will damned near ruin a ride and a bike.

Old Ryder
02-24-2015, 05:15 PM
When chrome parts don't fit in with your B (such as the Egro pegs and other chrome items) a coat of PlastiDip will make them match the black power coat look for about $6 a can. If you don't like it peel it off---if you do like it and want it more permanant, spray a coat of paint primer first--then PD and it is there to stay.

BIGLRY
02-24-2015, 07:32 PM
I wonder if that works well w/ the love bugs in FL. Those rat bastards will damned near ruin a ride and a bike.

Yep it will, nothing will stick with a coat of Lemon Pledge protecting the chrome, paint & plastic.:yes:
I've had swarms of June Bugs, Cicadas, Bumble Bees and other big, fat, juicy, gut spewing, Kamikaze crazed bug commit hara-kiri on my scoot, I have let them age for weeks at a time(I don't clean during a ride), only to remove them very easy when I got home with a wet cloth (old T-shirts) during my normal "wash the scoot after a long ride" routine after doing a pre-ride spray with Lemon Pledge.:301:

srt8-in-largo
02-24-2015, 11:33 PM
Don't put your bike on the centerstand when it's facing uphill :icon_doh:

JackB
02-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Use a leaf blower or air hose to get the water out of the hinding spots when drying the bike.

cpt_go
02-27-2015, 05:59 AM

I carry a small piece of plywood 4"X5" to place under my side stand whenever the ground or pavement is soft.

I made an ole skool biker whip out of braided paracord with a panic snap on one end and attached a piece of diamond plate with a rubber back to the other for my kickstand. The panic snap attaches to my clutch lever so I never leave the pad behind.

yellow rex
02-27-2015, 07:36 AM
When working on your bike on the center stand, best safety devise
is to put a small ratcheting strap from center stand to rear crash
bar to keep it from rolling of the stand.

BIGLRY
02-27-2015, 12:36 PM
If ya must trailer you scoot on an open trailer and you have it all cleaned up... just take a roll of Saran Wrap and completely wrap the bike, then when you reach your destination peel off the rap and bike will be shinny clean. I use this method all the time when transporting custom bikes around the country and don't want to clean them at my destination. :301:

JackB
02-28-2015, 10:43 AM
Don't ride behind a loud bike ride in front of it.

choptop
02-28-2015, 01:15 PM
Don't put your bike on the centerstand when it's facing uphill :icon_doh:

And you know this how...? lol

53driver
02-28-2015, 07:24 PM
Lube every boss and grommet.