PDA

View Full Version : J&M CB2003 Installation

suzp
02-24-2015, 07:20 PM
I was finally able to install my J&M CB radio onto my bike (with no help from J&M - several email exchanges and no interest). I have a friend who was up to the task of designing and creating a bracket for my handlebars and my husband fashioned an antenna bracket from the existing flat stock bracket that came with the J&M Antenna. I think it looks pretty damn good! My friend is looking to create and sell the brackets is anyone else is interested - let me know. Here are the pics...1180811809

bertrider
02-24-2015, 08:14 PM
That looks like a professional job! Do you plan to use the stereo amp connection for anything? When I used one, I had my gps/xm hooked up to it. Worked great for music on long trips.

flamed20
02-24-2015, 08:24 PM
were you able to hook it up to work with the existing intercom on the bike or did you use the intercom of the j&m?

bobsF6B
02-24-2015, 09:01 PM
Bike MP3 has a great cb and Goldwing control just like a regular wing.

flamed20
02-24-2015, 09:09 PM
i'm aware of the bikemp3 kit and i'm in the process of purchasing the final piece for that kit. I was just curious if they tried to tie the J&M system into the factory intercom. :thumb:

suzp
02-25-2015, 09:07 AM
I chose the J&M unit because I already owned it and did not want to have to buy anything new. The cost of the Bike MP3 unit, or an attempt at installing the GL1800 CB seemed too expensive since I already had a working head unit. I did not integrate it into the existing bike intercom system, although I believe it can be done through the passenger intercom - but that is in theory only. I pulled the plug for my ipod into the dash cubby along side the honda one. Lucky for me the J&M one is silver and the Honda one is gold so they are easy to tell apart. I tucked the lower cord connection into the space under the dash cubby and pulled the J&M lower cord through so you can't tell its not the Honda cord.

Works great!!