PDA

View Full Version : What Cover did you buy???

encinoman
02-25-2015, 12:21 AM
I have been riding my bike to work everyday.
We have motorcycle parking in our back lot.
I am looking for something that fits nice and can handle the direct sun all day...
I was thinking about the factory cover but looking at all of the pictures I found it seems baggy!!!
Let me know what you got and the size so I can pick one...

Thanks,
Ray

blackmetoc
02-25-2015, 09:21 AM
I am looking at a XXXLl sized Guardian just for sitting in the parking lot where I am living currently. I may get a half one just for my work parking lot later. I don't travel w/ my full cover though, I just chuck it in my pick up then ride off.

bigbird
02-25-2015, 09:23 AM
I've got a factory cover. If anything it seems a tight fit when I put it on. Lots of pulling and stretching over the wheels and windscreen.

FJR919
02-25-2015, 09:29 AM
I have been riding my bike to work everyday.
We have motorcycle parking in our back lot.
I am looking for something that fits nice and can handle the direct sun all day...
I was thinking about the factory cover but looking at all of the pictures I found it seems baggy!!!
Let me know what you got and the size so I can pick one...

Thanks,
Ray

The factory cover. Tight, but not too tight a fit. Well made and because it is customized for this motorcycle the bag areas open so you can get into the bags without removing the cover.

Ixol Phaane
02-25-2015, 10:36 AM
The factory cover. Tight, but not too tight a fit. Well made and because it is customized for this motorcycle the bag areas open so you can get into the bags without removing the cover.

I was looking at the factory cover,but... I wonder how well it fits a bike (deluxe) with the backrest?
I've seen the pics of it on the standard without the backrest.
Can you comment?

bobbyf6b
02-25-2015, 10:59 AM
мy вoѕѕ leт мe ιnѕтall тнιѕ aт worĸ.

11828 11829

Ixol Phaane
02-25-2015, 11:01 AM
мy вoѕѕ leт мe ιnѕтall тнιѕ aт worĸ.

11828 11829

:yes: Nice boss. Lucky you! :icon_biggrin:

bobbyf6b
02-25-2015, 11:06 AM
:yes: Nice boss. Lucky you! :icon_biggrin:

ι вoυgнт ιт вυт нad тo drιll 4 ѕмall нoleѕ ιn тнe aѕpнalт.

bigbird
02-25-2015, 12:26 PM
I was looking at the factory cover,but... I wonder how well it fits a bike (deluxe) with the backrest?
I've seen the pics of it on the standard without the backrest.
Can you comment?

I can comment, as I have both the factory cover and an additional height back rest bracket.
It fits perfectly.
I wish I could take a picture for you, but right now my bike is all apart (seat, backrest, rack, and all shelters off) for installation of electrical accessories. If you can wait another few weeks, I can post a pic.

MAYHEM01
02-25-2015, 12:35 PM
I have the Covermax XXL deluxe Cover, Fits great and has an understrap so the cover does not get blown away.

kenny urban
02-25-2015, 12:42 PM
question:
Thanks,
Answer:
Shady Products,,
Just ask them for the F6B cover that is SUN Protected.
Don't have the PT # here right now.

kennyU found this one,,From Shady Products,,
720-379-6 THREE 2 THREE.

Cool Hand Luke
02-25-2015, 01:06 PM
question:
Thanks,
Answer:
Shady Products,,
Just ask them for the F6B cover that is SUN Protected.
Don't have the PT # here right now.

kennyU found this one,,From Shady Products,,
720-379-6 THREE 2 THREE.

I have Shady Products cover, too, here's mine:

It is well made, custom for F6B. They asked me of the length of the windshield when I ordered it (I have since changed mine, which is Baggershield adjusted at 14" high). It is waterproof but it does not produce condensation as it is a half cover. You can also access saddlebags while cover is on.

The reason I bought it is to use it while traveling. I needed a cover that packs very small, and this one does.

Not the cheapest, I think I paid $95 for it, but quality is there and it fits perfect.

Amipro
02-25-2015, 04:17 PM

I've only seen pics of the factory cover. Concerned that it would let water in where the cover opens for the bags and around the antenna. Can anyone elaborate if this is a problem.

F6B1911
02-25-2015, 04:37 PM
I bought the E-Z Touring cover, only because I had one last me over 25 years one my last bike, it also packs up small enough to fit in the left cubby.

vstar09
02-25-2015, 05:54 PM
I like that Shady Products cover...dont see one for the F6 listed on there web site? Is it waterproof..?

Fla_rider
02-25-2015, 09:03 PM
bought mine from Rick at Value accessories! Fits great!

gray rider
02-25-2015, 09:18 PM
My factory cover is anything but baggy. It is, in fact, so tight it takes two people to put it on and take it off without damaging the bike. I'm only using it as a dust cover during winter in my heated shop. My factory cover would be worthless for frequent use, as it is very difficult to use.

XHarley
02-26-2015, 12:03 AM
I have had the Nelson-Rigg Deluxe in XXL for several years and on several bikes and it has held up very well. Fit the F6B like a glove and stuffs into a small carrying bag that comes with it. Great value in a bike cover.

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Nelson-RiggDeluxeCycleCover.aspx

Ride safe.

X

bigdawg
02-26-2015, 01:37 AM
I bought the E-Z Touring cover, only because I had one last me over 25 years one my last bike, it also packs up small enough to fit in the left cubby.

Me too. Great cover and packs small.

nvmyf6
02-26-2015, 04:14 PM

I've had it for many years. Used it on my Valkyrie Interstate

encinoman
04-08-2015, 08:20 PM
Ok. I broke down and bought the Factory Cover.
Got it today and put it on.
I think it is a perfect fit.
It has some strategic pockets built into it which are pretty handy.
The one on the windshield will hold the little bag for the cover.
The bag it came with is a little small, but I will get the hang of putting it back in the bag.

Big Jay
04-08-2015, 08:22 PM
Nice looking cover, seems to fit very well. :yes:

srt8-in-largo
04-08-2015, 08:40 PM
That OEM cover looks pretty good.

Coop creek
04-08-2015, 09:13 PM
I have an unboxed but new/never used OEM F6B cover if anybody wants it for $50 including shipping (not to Australia though, sorry), let me know.

naga viper
04-09-2015, 03:41 AM
Nelson Rigg 1/2 cover

srt8-in-largo
04-09-2015, 12:17 PM
I have an unboxed but new/never used OEM F6B cover if anybody wants it for $50 including shipping (not to Australia though, sorry), let me know.

Bump for a good deal on what looks like a good cover...

sshake1905
04-09-2015, 12:42 PM
I have the Honda F6B cover.....it works just fine....it is a custom fit that is a bit tight, especially lengthwise, but even with the addition of the tall vented Honda windscreen and the Honda short backrest and pad, it fits nice and snug....

I really like the fact that it covers all of the bike and has the special zippered portals for getting into the saddlebags without having to remove the cover

MOJO
05-01-2015, 07:47 AM
I use the GEZA. Fits great on this bike and stores away nice. It stretches over things you may have on the bike, like cup holder, handle bar stuff, luggage racks etc. with no problem and keeps a tight fit.

naga viper
05-08-2015, 07:47 AM
Nelson Rigg 1/2 cover

FYI Update
I am not happy top part of bags scuffed from cover.
I want to get another one, but now gun shy.
any one use one with a lightly dirty bike?
from riding.

Bunny
05-08-2015, 09:49 AM
I've got a factory cover. If anything it seems a tight fit when I put it on. Lots of pulling and stretching over the wheels and windscreen.

would you buy this cover again if you had to choose - is it the F6B cover and where did u get it from.

Hornblower
05-08-2015, 11:43 AM
Just something to consider...I've heard of cases where bikes parked with black covers were hit at night. Car drivers said they never saw the parked bike. Due to that possibility, I use one of the reflective silver covers.

bigbird
05-08-2015, 12:05 PM
would you buy this cover again if you had to choose - is it the F6B cover and where did u get it from.

Yes, I would buy it again. It is specifically for the F6B. The front of the cover will take a taller windshield and it even has a cutout for the antenna at the back.
I got it from a US Honda dealer who has very good online parts and accessory pricing:

Dillon Bros. in Omaha NE.

Bunny
05-18-2015, 09:46 PM
I can comment, as I have both the factory cover and an additional height back rest bracket.
It fits perfectly.
I wish I could take a picture for you, but right now my bike is all apart (seat, backrest, rack, and all shelters off) for installation of electrical accessories. If you can wait another few weeks, I can post a pic.

which cover do you like better Terry.

baiao
05-19-2015, 11:38 AM
HELLO Coop creek
Did OEM F6B cover sell?

redbaron
05-28-2015, 09:27 PM
I purchased the Ultragard 4-462BC- FB Bagger Cover. Works very well, has opening for antenna, zip open front for taller windshield and reflective stripe. I'm using bagger shield 11" and show chrome passenger back rest and still fits awesome.

stroguy
05-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Just ordered the Shady Products premium version. Should be here in about 2 weeks.