PDA

View Full Version : Windshields

stevenolts
02-25-2015, 09:06 AM
I know there a lot of posts on windshields. (Please bear with me on these questions)

I am going to buy a new 2013 F6B Deluxe Black next week???

I have test ridden with a Honda accessory windshield with the vent (I think it is 19")
This gave great wind protection. (I have heard some say you can light a cigarette at 100mph) I don't smoke but I have a modular helmet and rode with the shield up with no sunglasses at up to 100mph with no problems. I have contacts so on any other bike I would have to have sunglasses with foam air protection on sides. Also the stereo was very good at high speeds with this windshield. No buffeting at all with the vent cracked.

I have test ridden with the stock short windshield.
This windshield looks better but as we all know looks are not everything. On a motorcycle functionality must trump looks.
The wind noise and in your face blast was not good. I could not hear the stereo at high speed very well.

My question is I like the Honda 19" windshield but I would like it a little shorter by about 2" and tinted dark smoke. Would the 2" shorter be too much and cause buffeting or in the face wind?

What windshield would you recommend as better with dark tint and vent?

I am off the last 2 weeks of March and plan to ride to Colorado Springs or Panama City Beach for spring break for my first trip.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Steve

stevenolts
02-25-2015, 09:11 AM
I have seen a Clearview windshield with dark tint, vent, re-curve at the top and the height and width as you want.

Has anyone used one of these.

I had one on my Harley Davidson Fatboy. It was very nice and no one else made anything like it. I searched for years before I found it.

Thank you,

Steve

Doug44
02-25-2015, 09:11 PM
Had to say if you would have buffing at what shield height not knowing more like how tall are you etc. I can tell you this I have the Cee Baily 13" w/vent clear and I am 5'7" but sit tall from the waist up. I get marginal buffing and can hear the radio @70-75mph fine. For me If I wanted no buffing I think the next size up CB 15" would do it. My shield pictured below and yes CB will make you a light or dark tint. I like my CB but there are other good compaines, good luck whichever and whoever you choose.

1BADF6B
02-25-2015, 10:08 PM
^^^^ its all about your height. I am 6'3 and had a 11 inch shield on my bike and if I shrugged my shoulders the buffering went away. So I just ordered a Baggershield. I am looking to sell my 11 inch if you're interested. In great shape too.

Steve 0080
02-25-2015, 11:03 PM
I have seen a Clearview windshield with dark tint, vent, re-curve at the top and the height and width as you want.

Has anyone used one of these.

I had one on my Harley Davidson Fatboy. It was very nice and no one else made anything like it. I searched for years before I found it.

Thank you,

Steve

Here ya go...