PDA

View Full Version : Went for the 2015 F6B (Matte Silver)!

Riknchar
02-26-2015, 07:08 PM
Well, after hemming and hawwing and asking lots of questions on this forum, I finally decided to just go big and buy a brand new 2015 F6B (vs a leftover 2013-2014). This was a tough one, because I place a very high value on "value," and it's pretty tough to say that a new 2013 (at $14,999) isn't a better overall value than a 2015 for $19,000...

However, the main deciding factors were:

1. Color -- I just fell in love with the Matte Silver and Black look. Very classy two-tone scheme that should eliminate the paint swirls and scratches common on the 2013-2014s.
2. Cruise control -- Yeah, I could live without it, but on my last Wing, I used it constantly, and would really miss it on a big touring bike.

I had to work pretty hard to get a decent price, as the local dealers were all saying that the demand is much higher on the 2015s (due to the color and cruise), especially the silver ones. In the end, I agreed on an out-the-door price of right at $19K. I know Russellville Honda has these for $17,999, but I just couldn't see going to all the trouble of flying into Little Rock, driving 70 miles to Russellville, and having the bike shipped home.

I will be able to actually pick up my new F6B next week sometime (if it warms up a bit -- high of 5 degrees today in Omaha). I'm having the dealer install a Slipstreamer 11 inch Dark Tinted windshield while he's setting it up (no charge for labor, $80 for the shield), so I should be ready to ride soon.

Question: Does anyone know what the difference is between the Slipstreamer Replacement Windshield (Dark Tint, 11 inches tall) and the Slipstreamer Sport Baggershield 11 inch Dark Tinted windshield? They look pretty identical, but there's like a $50 price difference. The Sport Baggershield doesn't come with the convertible clear windshield for the top that makes the windshield 19 inches tall if you want... I can't figure it out... I ordered the regular 11 inch Replacement Windshield for $80, but am a bit concerned that may not be as good for some reason...

Thanks for everyone's advice/comments while I was making my decision! This is a great forum, and I plan to continue to participate for as long as I own my new F6B (many years, hopefully). I'll post photos as soon as i get the bike home.

CheesyRider
02-26-2015, 07:19 PM
Congrats! :cheers:

flyboy
02-26-2015, 08:41 PM
Congrats! :cheers:

+1 :lolup:

srt8-in-largo
02-26-2015, 08:43 PM
HOT DAM!

Jimmytee
02-26-2015, 08:57 PM
Congratulations

vmaxed
02-27-2015, 02:18 AM
Congrats :yes:

RSMIKE
02-27-2015, 07:44 AM
Cool concrats

Fla_rider
02-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Congrats, haven't seen to many post about the slipstream. Mostly, members have Baggershield, Clearview, Klockworks. About the only way to determine which one would be better for you is to do what most of us did and buy several till you get what you want. I'm on my third shield and happy with a Clearview with vent.

Riknchar
02-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Congrats, haven't seen to many post about the slipstream. Mostly, members have Baggershield, Clearview, Klockworks. About the only way to determine which one would be better for you is to do what most of us did and buy several till you get what you want. I'm on my third shield and happy with a Clearview with vent.

That's kind of what I figured... I don't know if an 11 inch Slipstreamer windshield will be ideal, but it seems to be about the right height for me (I'm 5'9" and definitely prefer to look over the windshield vs through it). At $80, I don't have much to lose if it's not quite right. I did really enjoy my WindBender shield on my last wing, but I like the cleaner look of a single, dark-tinted short shield vs the 2-piece construction of the WindBender.

RLatt
02-27-2015, 01:12 PM
Well, after hemming and hawwing and asking lots of questions on this forum, I finally decided to just go big and buy a brand new 2015 F6B (vs a leftover 2013-2014). This was a tough one, because I place a very high value on "value," and it's pretty tough to say that a new 2013 (at $14,999) isn't a better overall value than a 2015 for $19,000...

However, the main deciding factors were:

1. Color -- I just fell in love with the Matte Silver and Black look. Very classy two-tone scheme that should eliminate the paint swirls and scratches common on the 2013-2014s.
2. Cruise control -- Yeah, I could live without it, but on my last Wing, I used it constantly, and would really miss it on a big touring bike.

I had to work pretty hard to get a decent price, as the local dealers were all saying that the demand is much higher on the 2015s (due to the color and cruise), especially the silver ones. In the end, I agreed on an out-the-door price of right at $19K. I know Russellville Honda has these for $17,999, but I just couldn't see going to all the trouble of flying into Little Rock, driving 70 miles to Russellville, and having the bike shipped home.

I will be able to actually pick up my new F6B next week sometime (if it warms up a bit -- high of 5 degrees today in Omaha). I'm having the dealer install a Slipstreamer 11 inch Dark Tinted windshield while he's setting it up (no charge for labor, $80 for the shield), so I should be ready to ride soon.

Question: Does anyone know what the difference is between the Slipstreamer Replacement Windshield (Dark Tint, 11 inches tall) and the Slipstreamer Sport Baggershield 11 inch Dark Tinted windshield? They look pretty identical, but there's like a $50 price difference. The Sport Baggershield doesn't come with the convertible clear windshield for the top that makes the windshield 19 inches tall if you want... I can't figure it out... I ordered the regular 11 inch Replacement Windshield for $80, but am a bit concerned that may not be as good for some reason...

Thanks for everyone's advice/comments while I was making my decision! This is a great forum, and I plan to continue to participate for as long as I own my new F6B (many years, hopefully). I'll post photos as soon as i get the bike home.

Congrats on the new scoot! I have a blue 15 - and live in Lincoln. Maybe meet up sometime....have you ever been to Heron Bay bar / grill in Louisville? Half way between Omaha and Lincoln, right on the Platte river. On a Sunday, there will be 60 - 70 bikes there, of all kinds, a ton of fun. Hope you are able to get the bike home soon, the forecast doesn't look so good for the next few days, two storms coming.:shock:

jkelley
02-27-2015, 01:19 PM
no pic = didn't happen? LOL Congrats

Riknchar
02-27-2015, 03:39 PM
Congrats on the new scoot! I have a blue 15 - and live in Lincoln. Maybe meet up sometime....have you ever been to Heron Bay bar / grill in Louisville? Half way between Omaha and Lincoln, right on the Platte river. On a Sunday, there will be 60 - 70 bikes there, of all kinds, a ton of fun. Hope you are able to get the bike home soon, the forecast doesn't look so good for the next few days, two storms coming.:shock:

I've driven by the Heron Bay Grill and noticed the bikes, but haven't had time to stop in yet. Would be a nice place to ride to on a warm Saturday... Yeah, more snow headed our way again this weekend! At least it'll be March on Sunday, and that's always a good sign! Take care, fellow Nebraska F6B rider! Rick

Riknchar
02-27-2015, 03:40 PM
no pic = didn't happen? LOL Congrats

Nice one... although in my case, "no bike yet = no pic" which means, I guess, that it really "didn't happen" yet ;-) I should get my new ride next week sometime, though! Can't wait!

Riknchar
02-27-2015, 03:44 PM
UPDATE: I'm now kicking myself for pulling the trigger yesterday on the F6B from my local dealer! Not because I don't want the bike, but because I just had a call this morning from a dealer 2.5 hours away that I had requested info from offering to sell me the identical bike (2015 F6B Deluxe, Matte Silver) for $1000 less than I paid here in Omaha! I'd have definitely driven 2.5 hours to save $1000... Oh well, I guess there's something to be said for establishing a relationship with the local guys--I'm sure they'll take better care of me down the road since I bought from them.

bobbyf6b
02-27-2015, 03:50 PM
Congrats. I would have made the same decision.

valkhound
02-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Ive got a friend considering one the new Valks now that they are discountig them .Which dealer was pricing them at $11,199 ? I keep telling him to just step up and get the F6B instead. :icon_cool:

jkelley
02-27-2015, 04:39 PM
UPDATE: I'm now kicking myself for pulling the trigger yesterday on the F6B from my local dealer! Not because I don't want the bike, but because I just had a call this morning from a dealer 2.5 hours away that I had requested info from offering to sell me the identical bike (2015 F6B Deluxe, Matte Silver) for $1000 less than I paid here in Omaha! I'd have definitely driven 2.5 hours to save $1000... Oh well, I guess there's something to be said for establishing a relationship with the local guys--I'm sure they'll take better care of me down the road since I bought from them.

So tell your dealer the situation and try to get an extended warrantee or some extra goodies, or some service thrown in.

I usually shop what I want but once a deal is done I try to stop looking because I seemingly always pay too much. I paid full retail for mine because, I was there and I'm not one for patience.

Riknchar
02-27-2015, 04:46 PM
So tell your dealer the situation and try to get an extended warrantee or some extra goodies, or some service thrown in.

I usually shop what I want but once a deal is done I try to stop looking because I seemingly always pay too much. I paid full retail for mine because, I was there and I'm not one for patience.

I called my salesman and told him the deal. I agree that this deal is done, and I'm a man of my word--I really wouldn't have actively looked for a better deal after I signed the papers last night, it just happens that the other dealer called me directly this morning and offered the lower price.

I actually don't mind paying a bit more to buy local, and now that the dealer knows I paid a bit of a premium for the bike over other dealers, I would guess he'd bend over backwards to show me that it was worth it buying from him.

Thanks for the advice! Rick

Riknchar
02-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Ive got a friend considering one the new Valks now that they are discountig them .Which dealer was pricing them at $11,199 ? I keep telling him to just step up and get the F6B instead. :icon_cool:

Full Throttle Motorsports in Council Bluffs Iowa has two marked at $11,199. Dillon Bros. in Omaha would have matched that price (grudgingly). I do think that's an amazing price if you can get by without the full fairing, stereo, saddlebags, etc... I really considered it, but in the end went for the F6B...

Steve 0080
02-27-2015, 05:04 PM

Just me.... but my local dealer would match or I would ride ! Make sure you are comparing apples and apples...

VP8
02-28-2015, 07:48 PM
First of all, CONGRATS Rick on the new bike. Secondly, I agree with Steve. I too am a person of my word, but business is business. 2.5 hours to get a great deal is nothing... and you can break in a great bike on the way home. If your dealer wants to keep you as a valued customer, they would match the price, or at a minimum of give you $1K in accessories and/or service agreement. Not only are you paying more in sales tax, but you could be paying more in registration due to the increased price of your bike.

You may have signed a contract, but you don't have the bike in your possession... so technically, you should be able to back out of the contract. Once you ride the bike off their driveway is when you can't change your mind.

But like Steve said, make sure you are comparing apples to apples. The dealer 2.5 miles away... is it for the 2015 matte grey / 2 miles on the bike / and a deluxe version?

bigdawg
02-28-2015, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't go back on my word for a $1000 or any amount of money.

Brian D
03-01-2015, 02:35 PM
First off congrats on your purchase. Awesome bike. I would back out if you can and go down the road to save 1000bucks. Your gonna loose enough money later this year when they drop the price because they aren't selling just like they had to with the 13-14's. The bike you got is beautiful I really like the color setup and factory cruise. Congratulations

Jimmytee
03-01-2015, 02:46 PM
First off congrats on your purchase. Awesome bike. I would back out if you can and go down the road to save 1000bucks. Your gonna loose enough money later this year when they drop the price because they aren't selling just like they had to with the 13-14's. The bike you got is beautiful I really like the color setup and factory cruise. Congratulations

I got a feeling the 15s are not going to sit as long as the earlier models. Different colors, model awareness and the addition of Cruise control I think are gonna make a difference in sales. Jus' my 2 cents anyways.:icon_cool:

nvmyf6
03-01-2015, 04:54 PM
I got a feeling the 15s are not going to sit as long as the earlier models. Different colors, model awareness and the addition of Cruise control I think are gonna make a difference in sales. Jus' my 2 cents anyways.:icon_cool:

I agree with that. The 15s are flying off the shelf. For some, not even making it to the floor ;vroooom'

Riknchar
03-02-2015, 09:28 AM

BigDawg: I agree. I do want to report that Dillon Bros. really stepped up on this one in the end. I spoke to my salesman and explained what I had discovered from the Shawnee Ks Honda Dealer (the $17,985 price). I was very clear with him that I understood that I had signed an agreement, and understood that it was too late to back out, but that I was a bit disappointed that a dealer 2.5 hours away who didn't know me at all could offer me such a better deal.

I ended up having a great conversation with a Sales Mgr at Dillons, and in the end, negotiated a very fair new deal on the purchase of my new 2015. I promised I wouldn't post the actual price I ended up paying, but as I said, it was a very fair deal all things considered.

And the best part was that my new bike had actually already arrived at Dillons! I was able to give it a good once over (looks amazing) and was able to fire it up to hear that new exhaust note (which I absolutely loved!).

It was a bit too cold and snowy on Saturday to bring it home, but next Saturday should be sunny and mid-40s, so my new F6B will be in my garage next week! I'll definitely post a few pics once I get it home.

Riknchar
03-02-2015, 09:32 AM
I agree with that. The 15s are flying off the shelf. For some, not even making it to the floor ;vroooom'

I know depreciation hits pretty hard the first year or two, but I tend to agree that the 15s will be a bit better off than the 13-14 models due to the new colors and the desirable cruise control. My local dealer told me that Honda still has warehouses full of leftover 13s and 14s still in crates, and that the prices for those years are going to continue to sag until this huge backlog gets worked through. He also said he has already sold as many 2015s in the past 6 months as he sold of the 13s and 14s over the past 2 years -- a good sign for the 2015 model year!

Steve 0080
03-02-2015, 09:35 AM
I know depreciation hits pretty hard the first year or two, but I tend to agree that the 15s will be a bit better off than the 13-14 models due to the new colors and the desirable cruise control. My local dealer told me that Honda still has warehouses full of leftover 13s and 14s still in crates, and that the prices for those years are going to continue to sag until this huge backlog gets worked through. He also said he has already sold as many 2015s in the past 6 months as he sold of the 13s and 14s over the past 2 years -- a good sign for the 2015 model year!

I am not sure it is the cruise or that this years model has no paint issues.... I would like to have a 2015, not crazy about either color, but I have put way to much money in the one I have and the only upgrade would be the cruise!

Steve 0080
03-02-2015, 09:37 AM

GREAT POST!!!!! Not many men of honor left.... I would tell the dealer of the deal and see if they had honor....

MAYHEM01
03-02-2015, 09:58 AM
Congrats on your new F6B.

bigbird
03-02-2015, 10:25 AM
I ended up having a great conversation with a Sales Mgr at Dillons, and in the end, negotiated a very fair new deal on the purchase of my new 2015. I promised I wouldn't post the actual price I ended up paying, but as I said, it was a very fair deal all things considered.

In my dealings with Dillon (parts and accessories only) over the phone and on-line, I was always impressed by their integrity and great customer service.
It doesn't surprise me in the least that they stepped up. You didn't yell and scream and threaten to cancel the deal, and they were reasonable and customer satisfaction driven.
Good on both parties involved.

bobsF6B
03-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Congrats, I bought the 15 in blue.

Steve 0080
03-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Congrats on your new F6B.

Love your headlights....please start a new thread and let us have some info please !!!!

Jimmytee
03-02-2015, 05:13 PM
I am not sure it is the cruise or that this years model has no paint issues.... I would like to have a 2015, not crazy about either color, but I have put way to much money in the one I have and the only upgrade would be the cruise!

I'm not sure paint (other than color choices) would have anything to do with it. You're making an assumption that both colors available in the 2015 are painted any differently and that a new buyer is aware of any reported issues with the past colors. I really think the increased sales will be more attributed to the inclusion of cruise and just the overall recognition of the F6B as a model. My experiences with my F6B has been looks of bewilderment as to what I was riding. I have had a lot of positive inquiries as to what kind of bike my F6B was. I'm sure I'm not alone in this experience. So, I am postulating that there are more people aware and looking specifically at these bikes as an option. Hence this increased model awareness will result in more sales. You add in the fact that the new 15s have cruise and now you're pulling in those who were aware and maybe chose differently because of this issue including those who would have bought regular trunked versions of the Gold Wing. JMTCW :icon_biggrin:

SoCal Rich
03-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Anyone with a black '13 or '14 should not be envious of the '15's because, of course, ours are the fastest!!