PDA

View Full Version : Radio question

Rdwade
07-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi guys. Long time lurker first time poster here, coming from a VTX1800F and a BMW K1200S, I really like the whole vibe of the F6B. I've read a lot of good stuff on this forum, but I have a couple of questions myself.

How well would you say the radio performs overall? The sound quality, loudness, FM reception, ease of use, etc. I have never owned a bike with a radio, but it seems like something I might really enjoy. I just wonder if the unit in the F6B is actually a high quality system, or just-good-enough. I know the speakers aren't very big, they can't really be, so I don't expect much bass, but would they be something you'd have to replace to get good sound or do they rock as is? I read in the Cycle World comparison that the radio was pretty much useless over 35 MPH. I wonder how much a taller windscreen would help that.

And also, regarding the paint issue everyone seems to be having, has anyone on here bought one of the special "HR Signature Series" from Honda of Russleville, AR (or similar)? Repainting the whole bike would seem to fix the problem (not that we/they should have to), but I wonder how the quality compares to other/OEM paintjobs.

Thanks in advance guys, I hope to be joining you on one soon! :icon_cool:

yellowskeeter1
07-08-2013, 05:02 PM
On the radio, with the stock shield the radio is pretty useless after 40-50 mph, with my 17" Baggershield its as loud as I would want it and have yet found the need to crank it up.

On the paint, it's not just on the F6B, it's on all the goldwings that are new. The paint issue is an issue, but to me not a real big deal. If Honda ever does a recall I will take it and get it fixed, but not going to sit and harp about it all day long. I am meticulous and keep my bike the same way, and even though it is soft and scratches easily I am not terribly upset about it. I keep Zaino on it and enjoy the bike, but take a couple extra steps to make sure it all looks good. I would not let the paint be what stops you from buying the bike.

bobbyf6b
07-08-2013, 11:44 PM
At first I was disappointed in the stereo on the highway, but I invested in a better helmet and it cut down the wind noise enough so I can at least hear it now. I taller windshield in the future will help too. Seems like a quality unit and easy to use when you learn how. It's also cool because there's a USB plug in the left saddle bag and if you plug in your iPod you can control it from the radio. Nice feature.