PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Seat

firetech
02-27-2015, 12:07 AM
Just got my new mustang seat from Rick @ Value Accessories. Super price and fast delivery. Ordered it late Sunday night and
it arrived today (Thursday) around 2 o'clock. Installed it tonight and just got back from a 112 mile ride. My ass is much happier now,
no more squirming around and sore tailbone. So far so good. :yes: . It sits you down about, I'd say an inch, has a nice pocket feel and the more vertical back is a nice little support.
The good test will be the Key West / Daytona trip.

JackB
02-27-2015, 09:45 AM
I plan on just buying a backrest for my stock seat. But I'm still thinking about buying a mustang seat. My question do you need a backrest with the Mustang?

firetech
02-27-2015, 11:12 AM
For me, no I don't feel the need for a backrest.

Texas TC
02-27-2015, 12:04 PM
I am one of the original Mustang seat ownwers. On all of my previous Harleys and Wings, I used a backrest. I have not found a need for a backrest with this seat. The lower seat position along with adequate lumbar support is extremely comfortable to me. I will say I have owned Mustang seats for many motorcycles over the years and the offering for the F6B is the most firm I have experienced. Having said that, I have over 15,000 miles on my Mustang seat including two 1100 miles days and I Really like this seat.

Vol1chuck
02-27-2015, 04:48 PM
I really hate that the mustang sits lower than stock. I'm already a little cramped. But mustang does make a good seat!

Steve 0080
02-27-2015, 05:55 PM
I really hate that the mustang sits lower than stock. I'm already a little cramped. But mustang does make a good seat!

Wellllll the seat was desinged for shorter folks..... You should try the Ultimate then?

blackmetoc
02-27-2015, 06:41 PM

That is why I bought it. I have wee stubby legs. :icon_biggrin:

Vol1chuck
02-27-2015, 06:56 PM
Wellllll the seat was desinged for shorter folks..... You should try the Ultimate then?

I think that's the plan. I've added the mini-boards with comfort drop and ergo III's. Headed to Daytona next weekend if this snow melts off my 300 ft driveway so I can get down. Should know after that trip if the stock seat has to go.

Duke
02-28-2015, 10:14 AM
have a question: the seat's 1 inch deep, how great you at? I am thinking about me order one, I'm 1.91cm high. I'm not sure if the angle of the knees is still good.... :iduno:
sorry for my bad english, hope you know what I mean.

Texas TC
02-28-2015, 11:40 AM
I think that's the plan. I've added the mini-boards with comfort drop and ergo III's. Headed to Daytona next weekend if this snow melts off my 300 ft driveway so I can get down. Should know after that trip if the stock seat has to go.

I did the same thing except went with Ergo II's. I was a bit cramped with the stock pegs but the mini boards gave me back 3/4" of the 1" I lost adding the seat. I really like the fact it sits me back farther. I thought I would need handlebar risers but the reach turned out to be perfect.

Duke
03-01-2015, 02:02 PM
I need help ... see above.
ttt ,-) to the top
thx! .notworthy.

silverado
03-02-2015, 01:21 AM
I am one of the original Mustang seat ownwers. On all of my previous Harleys and Wings, I used a backrest. I have not found a need for a backrest with this seat. The lower seat position along with adequate lumbar support is extremely comfortable to me. I will say I have owned Mustang seats for many motorcycles over the years and the offering for the F6B is the most firm I have experienced. Having said that, I have over 15,000 miles on my Mustang seat including two 1100 miles days and I Really like this seat.

definitely a nice looking seat, better than the stock one IMO.

Steve 0080
03-02-2015, 09:03 AM
have a question: the seat's 1 inch deep, how great you at? I am thinking about me order one, I'm 1.91cm high. I'm not sure if the angle of the knees is still good.... :iduno:
sorry for my bad english, hope you know what I mean.

Not sure this is the seat...You would be better off with the King Ultimate....

The King seat is designed for riders over 6 ft 2 in. tall and or over 260 lbs and or riders with long legs, more than 33 inch inseam. Our King is 19 inches wide for the rider and stock height, 14 inches wide for the passenger. It will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars and cowling than our Midrider seat which means less bend in your knees and hips for your long distance ride comfort.

http://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorcycle-accessories/f6b-seats/25140

Duke
03-02-2015, 09:21 AM
THX Steve!! :yes:

Steve 0080
03-02-2015, 09:25 AM
THX Steve!! :yes:

Your welcome !!!

SoCal Rich
03-02-2015, 11:13 PM
Not sure this is the seat...You would be better off with the King Ultimate....

The King seat is designed for riders over 6 ft 2 in. tall and or over 260 lbs and or riders with long legs, more than 33 inch inseam. Our King is 19 inches wide for the rider and stock height, 14 inches wide for the passenger. It will sit you one and a half inches further back from the handlebars and cowling than our Midrider seat which means less bend in your knees and hips for your long distance ride comfort.

http://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorcycle-accessories/f6b-seats/25140

I'm only 6'1" with 32" inseam and got the Ultimate King and I love it!

Jeffsf6b
03-22-2015, 08:03 PM
I finally got my Mustang Tuck and Roll seat put on, and got it out for a short ride. Being 5'9" that 1 inch lower made a huge difference for me. Glad I got my ride in as it's gonna snow tomorrow in Chicago.

BLACK DIAMOND
03-24-2015, 10:48 PM
Can anybody compare the corbin seat vs the King Ultimate & the Mustang seat.
1) seat comfort
2) height
3) driver lumbar hight/support
4) how far back will it seat you

Thank you. Your input would be greatly appreciated. 👍

VP8
03-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Can anybody compare the corbin seat vs the King Ultimate & the Mustang seat.
1) seat comfort
2) height
3) driver lumbar hight/support
4) how far back will it seat you

Thank you. Your input would be greatly appreciated. 

Black Diamond, how tall are you? Your inseam? I have the Mustang seat...I've put almost 2K miles on it since I purchased it. Its the first seat I've ever had with any kind of back support, so I'm not too picky on that part. The Mustang seat does sit you back approx 1 inch and down approx 1 inch...with that, the Mustang seat does have a bit less foam then the stock. I've been on 300+ mile days with the Mustang seat and my butt wasn't upset with me. I haven't tested it on long 800+ mile trips yet. The seat overall is comfortable, and I really like having that built in back rest (which goes as high as around the lower back...tramp stamp area).

With the Corbin, they are KNOWN for their VERY FIRM seats. They also can make a custom mold seat for your toosh...just make an appt and ride up to Hollister.

I personally have never sat on an Ultimate seat, but would love to if given the opportunity. Ultimate has two sizes for the B...mostly based on your height/inseam. They are pricy, but height wise, the mid is the same as stock. And they offer back rests for additional purchase. There is an owner at Laguna Niguel...I believe he has the King model. You should hit him up and see of you can hook up with him so you can sit on his seat.

PM me if you want to sit on the Mustang seat.

opas ride
03-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Seat issues are like a lot of things after-market for your bike..As said above a lot of seat types depend on your height, weight, how far you ride, etc...Windshields are also very rider specific...I have the Mustang and it works great for me at 5'9" 195lbs..The Corbin is reported to be harder than most, but many have them..Ultimate would be my choice if I were taller and rode several hundred miles at time, which I no longer do...Good luck on your choice and remember that seat height and style will affect your windshield changes somewhat depending on seat height, etc...

Bunny
04-02-2015, 03:50 PM
will i be able to use the passenger back rest that i have on the bike now once i install the mustang seat?

Bunny
04-02-2015, 03:53 PM
can anyone tell me if a back rest can be installed on the Tripper Fastback Deluxe One Piece Seat W/ Tuck and Roll Center - i read on here somewhere that it can but after calling Mustang directly they are telling me no. There is someone on this forum called Dixie . . . . who said that this can be done but i am having a hard time finding Dixie on here to ask directly what they did. can anyone help me out here in F6B land?

Bunny from Winnipeg!!

vstar09
04-02-2015, 07:01 PM
I have the oem passenger back rest and a Mustang seat....no problem....!

hiflyer
04-02-2015, 07:07 PM
I have the oem passenger back rest and a Mustang seat....no problem....!

Not a prob.

BLACK DIAMOND
04-13-2015, 12:22 AM
Hey VP8, I can't figure out how to leave you a message. I don't see the option. Lol this is all new to me. Sorry. Can you leave me a message. I would like to meet up with you to see your mustang seat. I'm in the riverside area. Thank you buddy. 👍

VP8
04-13-2015, 02:29 AM
Hey VP8, I can't figure out how to leave you a message. I don't see the option. Lol this is all new to me. Sorry. Can you leave me a message. I would like to meet up with you to see your mustang seat. I'm in the riverside area. Thank you buddy. ŠP

Sent you a PM.