PDA

View Full Version : Heated jacket liner

stepbill
02-27-2015, 10:22 AM
I just bought a Klim gore-tex altitude jacket and love it but it does not have a liner to keep you warm. Im thinking of getting the FirstGear heated jacket liner and was not sure which one to go with, the 90 watt or 70 watt. Also, I ride solo and was wondering which controller should I get? My gloves keep me warm so I will probally only be plugging in the jacket liner. Is the controller hard to install and where have you mounted your pigtail? Thanks for the help!

yellow rex
02-27-2015, 11:02 AM
If you will go to the 3rd page under accessories and the post so I got a electric heated liner
you will see some pic of different mounts.

stepbill
02-27-2015, 01:06 PM
If you will go to the 3rd page under accessories and the post so I got a electric heated liner
you will see some pic of different mounts.

Thanks! I like how clean your install looks. On one of the other posts they had this link posted: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goldwing-Harley-Motorcycle-Gerbing-Flush-Mount-Port-Plug-GACPM-/121494356236?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c49a0c10c. Is this what you used and do you think it could be used with FirstGear also?

stevenolts
02-27-2015, 03:05 PM
I have a Tourmaster Synergy jacket that I bought in 2010. It works very good still today and it is very warm.
Just keep in the bag and even if your just a little cold put it on and start jamming to the tunes again with a big smile.
I had to get a new lead to the battery because I let it get corrosion (I probalbly could have cleaned it)

Steve

yellow rex
02-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Yes that will work just buy a extension cable so you can cut in half to have your
male and female end for your disconnect when you wish to remove the panel.