PDA

View Full Version : Public Reactions to Your F6B

RoadSurfer
03-03-2015, 07:49 AM
Forgive me if a thread like this was started earlier; if it was, I missed it.

In another thread Jimmytee recently mentioned: "My experiences with my F6B has been looks of bewilderment as to what I was riding. I have had a lot of positive inquiries as to what kind of bike my F6B was." This peaked my curiosity about what sorts of reactions the rest of you have had by other riders and no riders alike. Have there been any negative comments or reactions? What sorts of compliments or questions have you had?

Fla_rider
03-03-2015, 08:07 AM
1. Is that a Goldwing?
2. Thumbs up from others at lights.
3. What is that?
4. Is that a scooter?

shooter
03-03-2015, 08:16 AM
What is that?
Man that thing is long!
That thing sure does shine. "Fast Black"
That looks like something Darth Vader would ride!
Man that thing is long!

bobbyf6b
03-03-2015, 08:16 AM
I've never had a bad comment said about it.

Most people don't know what it is but think it's cool anyway.

RoadSurfer
03-03-2015, 08:46 AM
The "Is that a scooter?" one hurts a little. 😝

taxfree4
03-03-2015, 09:13 AM
You traded a Road Glide for that? You lost your mind. (Harley buddies) Cool bike (everybody else) Holy $hit (After Harley buddy took a ride on it for the first time)

bob109
03-03-2015, 09:28 AM
Haven't experienced a single "negative comment" in almost two years of ownership:icon_biggrin: Having de-badged my 6, folks are at a loss as to what bike it actually is. I ride with a group of mixed bikers, Harley, Suzuki, Yamaha Owners etc. and there's never any negativity with them. We swap lead riders regularly and it's fun to occasionally crank the throttle and pull away with a smile. Visiting a Harley Dealership is a treat. HOG Riders gawk, at a distance, but dare not get too close to the 6 as they must keep that HOG aura/oath:icon_lol:

Old Ryder
03-03-2015, 09:31 AM
One guy called mine a "Custom Goldwing" because I had taken off the trunk and glitter and put on a shorty windshield. I really did not want to be honest and tell him it came that way!

RoadSurfer
03-03-2015, 09:47 AM
Yes, I think the Harley riders' reactions (or studied nonreactions) are probably the most interesting ... and amusing. In their heart of hearts they KNOW the F6B is a highly superior technology, much more reliable, more comfortable and better performing. But all that counts for nothing in comparison to the all important image of the Harley. So sad, you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

bigbird
03-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Wow!
What is that?
A Honda? No way.
Looks like a batmobile.
It's huge.
Doesn't sound like a motorcycle.
Beautiful colour.

DaWadd
03-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Best reaction I've had was from a good friend who is a long time, hard core Harley owner. When I showed up on his driveway with my F6B last summer all he said was " that would be his next bike". Even a couple of his buds were impressed and one is a wrench at the local HD dealer."coffee"

six2go
03-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Around here, people (non riders & riders) are pretty benign about bikes or others' bikes. I've had my "6" for one riding season and the only comment I've had was at a gas stop in Southern Indiana while on my way to the Smokies. An older(than me) guy asked if it was the new Honda Model. Said he had seen pictures of it and thought it was purty kool. He was "tuned in".

sabre85
03-03-2015, 10:53 AM
"Wow, that looks like a big sport bike"
"I miss the chrome" my girl really liked the 98 Valk I traded in for the 6 "At least it's RED"

Personal - "damn, it's just a big VFR" That little epiphany came to me sittin in the garage, with 6 inches of snow in the driveway, lookin at the 6 sittin next to my 00 VFR. The familial resemblance is unmistakeable in the lines of the fairings, single sided swingarm, aluminum perimeter box section frame, atypical engine configuration, and way more capable than the spec sheets would have you believe.

Madmax
03-03-2015, 12:12 PM
My first road trip last year was a ride down the Jersey Shore ... Was cruising thru Asbury park and had a cop next to me and my girl on the back ... Got the nice bike from the LEO .

JackB
03-03-2015, 12:37 PM
I bought my F6B in August last year so I haven't been to any events with mostly longer rides.
But I have noticed that the Valkyrie is still more of attention getter. Hard to complete with chrome.

Cheesyryder
03-03-2015, 12:44 PM
almost to much attention. Exiting a Target finding 3 guys circling the bike, stopped for a burger on a small group ride a guy in stopped in traffic hopped out and started asking about the F6! Harley_Davidson Museum nights my 6'er gets about 6 curious guys around it. In the month of riding time before the winter shut us down more attention then all my other bikes combined!
Riding with a HD guy had to swear I did nothing to the engine (he had a CVO) afraid to tell him what you can get a 6 for, or that you'll not be repairing the engine every 25,000 miles

Doug44
03-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Who cares what others think about the motorcycle I ride, I paid for I certainly don't care what they think. Of those people who are negativity most are pretenders, sheep who are owners not riders. Over the years I have gotten my belly full of people who care about what I ride.
:stirthepot:

RickJ
03-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Who cares what others think about the motorcycle I ride, I paid for I certainly don't care what they think. Of those people who are negativity most are pretenders, sheep who are owners not riders. Over the years I have gotten my belly full of people who care about what I ride.

do I CARE what they think? meh...am I interested in what the response is to this machine...yes- I guess I'm not as ____________[?] as you.I'm also sure we share a somewhat contrarian approach though.:icon_mrgreen:

fxdl2051
03-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Constantly getting reactions to the bike, all positive. People shout through rolled down car windows at stop lights, "What is it...that's a nice bike!" things like that. Never rode anything except for my old sidecar that generated this kind of reaction from people. If nothing else, it's a nice way to break the ice, have a nice conversation and leave someone smiling.

RLatt
03-03-2015, 01:37 PM
I have heard many of the same remarks mentioned so far. Recently a friend of my daughter said "dude, that is SICK"..........I think that's a compliment, but not sure. :icon_wink:

unsub
03-03-2015, 01:50 PM
All positive comments. A Road King owner that I know actually said he should have bought the Honda F6B. Thoroughly choked about his RK purchase. "Total waste of money" his words.

I think Honda should rebrand the F6 to a GL1800ST, but that's just me.

2bikemike
03-03-2015, 02:44 PM
I have heard everything from way cool to thats an old mans bike. I know what I like and in the end after the bustin is over we agree we are all on 2 wheels to each his own.
However when the harley guys wont stop I just say "I Couldn't decide on which harley to get as they have more letters than the chart at an eye doctors."

RoadSurfer
03-03-2015, 02:44 PM
"do I CARE what they think? meh...am I interested in what the response is to this machine...yes." - RickJ

Agreed! Afraid I cant say I'm TOTALLY unconcerned about what people think about my vehicles, but yeah, my raising the matter is mostly just idle curiosity. "Image" and popular perceptions are interesting, and the possibly confusing "hybrid" appearance of the F6B (part bagger, part luxury Japanese tourer, part power cruiser) is such that you gotta wonder what people make of it. In many ways it's a unique break from everything that has gone before, but with certain design cues retained from other classic models. Not surprising that it gets such reactions as you guys have mentioned so far.

MarcPW
03-03-2015, 03:52 PM
One day I stopped at an intersection, besside a black scooter, had to explain him that "mine" was almost the same as his ride, except it was on Steroids ! :icon_wink:

terrydj
03-03-2015, 05:12 PM
Its the chicks:icon_lol:
They love it
Stopped the other day and I had three around it in their short shorts and tiny tops (normal dress for chicks where I live)
And the lady who's been on the back of a bike for forty years says its the best she has ever sat on
Rests her feet on the pegs and the rear crash bar.
Says she could easily do 1000 kay days which she has done on other bikes:icon_cool:

MarkF
03-03-2015, 05:17 PM
All positive comments. A Road King owner that I know actually said he should have bought the Honda F6B. Thoroughly choked about his RK purchase. "Total waste of money" his words.

I think Honda should rebrand the F6 to a GL1800ST, but that's just me.

Mine says model GL1800FDD. Sounds better than F6B. Double Ds sound great!

Fla_rider
03-03-2015, 06:14 PM

You must have a big belly Doug!:crackup:

Limoles
03-03-2015, 06:43 PM
SICK sounds nice . Last November , waiting on intersection for the green light , one HD rider said :
I WANT THIS MAADA FAAKA BEEEED .

Razco53
03-03-2015, 06:45 PM
After a ride on the F6B my Harley Buddy wanted to know if he would be able to get the HD tattoo changed.......:crackup:

bobbyf6b
03-03-2015, 07:06 PM
The only comment I hate- "Is it running?" :icon_doh:

But I get over it after I'm in the wind. .batman-smilie.

Phaedrus
03-03-2015, 07:51 PM
"How big is that motor?"

Lots of long looks at stop lights.

Still, I got more questions about my previous bike, a Triumph America. That Triumph mystique appeals especially to older riders.

Ericb445
03-03-2015, 07:54 PM
I think I have heard them all, here are a few just off the top of my head.
"Is it running?"
"Is that a scooter?" I get that one a lot :shrug:
"Is it an automatic?"
"What is it?"
"Look's like something Batman would ride"
"Now that's a GoldWing "I" would ride" from a Harley Guy.
"Damn the front end Looks Heavy"
"Where is the engine?"
"That's not a bike, it's a car on two wheels"

cwjj2001
03-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Hey it sounds like the Jetsons car...lmao!!!

reys13f6b
03-03-2015, 08:25 PM
It definitely gets lots of attention. Never had a negative comment thus far. I love this bike.

53driver
03-03-2015, 08:35 PM
They love it:icon_cool:

I'm with ya mate. Whenever this bike is in two up mode, I seem to get offers I cannot refuse.

Of course, same gal and her "gal pal" liked my Valk too!

rumble-b
03-03-2015, 09:16 PM
They love it
Stopped the other day and I had three around it in their short shorts and tiny tops (normal dress for chicks where I live)
And the lady who's been on the back of a bike for forty years says its the best she has ever sat on
Says she could easily do 1000 kay days which she has done on other bikes:icon_cool:

I think i'll move up to QLD Terry, i like the sound of the dress code LOL :icon_biggrin:

unsub
03-03-2015, 09:37 PM
Mine says model GL1800FDD. Sounds better than F6B. Double Ds sound great!

And they said the F6b didn't come with a rack!:icon_wink:

Limoles
03-03-2015, 09:53 PM
They love it

Sitting is the very first step . You should rather show , how to ride ( than listen , what she might to say )

Limoles
03-03-2015, 09:54 PM
I think i'll move up to QLD Terry, i like the sound of the dress code LOL :icon_biggrin:

Very innocent approach .

Limoles
03-03-2015, 10:02 PM
What really pisses me off , when some jerk is asking : WHAT YEAR IS THAT ?
Immediately my eyes are focusing on the right side of the handlebar and looking for .... Cruise Control switches . Mercy me ...

terrydj
03-03-2015, 10:25 PM

Mate i lived in Morwell in the Valley for near 40 years ex military time and been up hear near 20
trust me mate up here is better than good:icon_cool:

opas ride
03-03-2015, 10:31 PM
I have gotten a few comments on my F6B, but not near as many, or as often, as I did when I rode my 2011 Victory Vision Tour....Nobody that I ever talked to had ever seen a bike like the "Jetsons" mobile....It was an awesome looking bike and was one of those styles that one either loved or hated!!

swingfast
03-04-2015, 01:32 AM
Always positive comments. Nice bike man, is that a BMW. Harley rider said the more I look at that bike the more I like it!! On a 400 mile group ride. Harley riders wife said. His seat sure looks comfortable! He said what the hell ride with him then!! LOL:stirthepot:

Doug44
03-04-2015, 12:28 PM
You must have a big belly Doug!:crackup:

My attitude (and I admit it' a little harsh) has been shaped from mostly a brand loyal group. This brand rider knows only one shield (there is a clue there) and unless you ride his brand, wear his brand of clothes, etc your's is inferior and a rice burner. It just really gets old I have always been interested in all brands and all class of motorcycles. I would like to clear the air, yes I do like to have someone ask me about my bike but in the way that shows & gives respect and I will always do the same.

sheazo
03-04-2015, 12:49 PM
I have had mine for 20 months now, 28K miles, when it is parked outside my office (most days) folks stop to take pictures or just admire the bike, I have been stopped on the road and people comment. While in Laconia last year I only saw one other F6B. Several were pointing as I rode by, Wow look at that bike! I was at a benefit for a fellow rider and all the Harley guys were circled around the bike admiring the look. I have had all positive reactions, except one Harley Chick just did not like my Honda!

My last bike was an 02 GL1800 Illusion Blue.

Ride Safe!

Old Ryder
03-04-2015, 01:48 PM
My attitude (and I admit it' a little harsh) has been shaped from mostly a brand loyal group. This brand rider knows only one shield (there is a clue there) and unless you ride his brand, wear his brand of clothes, etc your's is inferior and a rice burner. It just really gets old I have always been interested in all brands and all class of motorcycles. I would like to clear the air, yes I do like to have someone ask me about my bike but in the way that shows & gives respect and I will always do the same.

DITTO! In my case what makes this funny is that I rode that brand for a decade. I found a better bike (Victory at the time) and all my HD buddies were suddenly not as friendly as they once were. Strange how metal, rubber and chrome has so much power in ones thinking.

RoadSurfer
03-04-2015, 03:30 PM
I gotta say, by the way, DougRR, I also admire your taste in sports cars. I had two S2000s, a 2001 and then a used 2005 (that I traded my Gold Wing in for). Most impressive sports cars I've ever owned.

CheesyRider
03-04-2015, 09:20 PM
With my last bike, I often had people go out of their way to ask questions. One time at a stoplight, the guy in front of me actually got out of his car and walked over to me to ask about my bike. This attention might be understandable if I had a Rune or some other rare motorcycle, but it was a 2011 FJR1300. It was very weird that the most common bike I've ever owned would get such attention. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with my new F6B.

Doug44
03-05-2015, 07:13 AM
I gotta say, by the way, DougRR, I also admire your taste in sports cars. I had two S2000s, a 2001 and then a used 2005 (that I traded my Gold Wing in for). Most impressive sports cars I've ever owned.

Thanks for the kind words about the S. I have a buddy in town that had a pair of them one was a S2000CR club racer and that S was most impressive. Below is a picture of my engine in the S for folks that haven't had the pleasure to see one. Absolutely a race car on the street with a 9000 rpm redline and a much needed rev limiter they reach redline so quickly. Only Honda back in 1999 could market this crown jewel for under $30K.

shooter
03-05-2015, 07:56 AM

Doug you're preachin to the choir.

powercruzer13
03-08-2015, 09:38 PM

Amen!
I've had a bunch of that attitude thrown my way too. If HD had the balls to make a powerplant as awesome as the flat-6 I would be riding one of their products today. :icon_rolleyes:

Steve 0080
03-09-2015, 06:57 AM
I am not one to klick another man's anything.... but I was in Daytona yesterday and saw three H.D.'s being picked up by a wrecker..... I have a 03 Ultra in my garage with over 50K and it has never let me down...now if Honda can match the paint quality !

WingThing
03-10-2015, 06:59 AM
I went up to Daytona over the weekend from Friday through Sunday. I road with a mixed group of bikes but most were HD's. I hands down got the most attention and had tons of questions asked by folks. One guy said he thought the bike was way cool and had never seen one like it. Asked me what it was and I said "It's a Goldwing F6B" he looked shocked as he said, "That's a Wing?" and I laughed. Since pulling the emblems of front and back and replacing with the Hambly badges, I get that allot. (BTW, where is Hambly?).

Had another older biker walk up and look it over carefully and he says to me that my bike was way too cool. Had folks taking pictures and some even posing with it and I didn't get a single bad or off comment all weekend.

I've owned 5 HD's and a couple of sport bikes. None has been as comfortable or fun as the F6B
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RRAG/Andys%202013%20Honda%20GoldWing%20F6B/20141220_163428_zpsxcq4ts6n.jpg

Old Ryder
03-10-2015, 07:56 AM
3 days in Daytona and I have seen 4 Bs. Anybody here the guy on I-95 going south Sunday afternoon? Pretty girl on the back of a black standard that ran up on the wreck in the left lane?

Ixol Phaane
03-10-2015, 11:07 AM
The only comment I hate- "Is it running?" :icon_doh:

But I get over it after I'm in the wind. .batman-smilie.

Had an older fella tell me in a parking lot that it was so quiet he thought it was an electric bike.
Understandable.
And I'm fine with that after spending the last 11 years with a VTX1300 exhausting through Cobra pipes.
It's all good. :icon_biggrin:

Hominid
03-25-2015, 07:24 PM
I get lots of comments and stares on the road and in parking lots.

- What is that?
- Is that a Goldwing?
- Nice bike! :yes:
- That's the only Goldwing I would ride.
- So you're the guy (from someone at work wondering who was riding the only F6B in the parking lot - he was a GL 1800 rider - it's a big parking lot)

And my favorite from a couple who came all the way across a parking lot to let me know they didn't like it...

..."it looks like a car" :f2:

Ericb445
03-25-2015, 07:54 PM
I just heard a new one over the weekend.
While on a ferry crossing a river. An older Grandma type rolled her window down in her car and asked me "Is your Bike a three seater?"
I said I guess, I told her "I just like Fat Girls."
She got a laugh out of it.
She said it looks like it needs some wings so it could fly.

srt8-in-largo
03-25-2015, 07:57 PM
Ah crap... I was just going to say we won't have a true representation of opinions because those who don't like it will not say anything :icon_biggrin:

zman
03-25-2015, 08:34 PM
I was at a stop light listening to my radio and the guy in car next to me had his window down talking to his passenger and said nice bike not knowing I heard what he had said. I said thanks and he gave me a thumbs up. :icon_biggrin:

jcmurray
03-25-2015, 10:59 PM
One dumbass said, "It's not a Harley." I said,, "No kidding, it's for actual riding, not washing daily and carrying it on a trailer to events."

terrydj
03-26-2015, 07:51 AM
I was at a stop light listening to my radio and the guy in car next to me had his window down talking to his passenger and said nice bike not knowing I heard what he had said. I said thanks and he gave me a thumbs up. :icon_biggrin:

Mate same thing here
So I'm stopped at the lights up front next to a car with a chick in it and she says hello
So I turns up the radio/USb and we starts Rockin at the lights to some damn fine Rockabilly :icon_cool:

USMARINE
03-26-2015, 08:20 AM
I have only owned the bike for 2 weeks and love it. I am currently a High School teacher (STEM school), on the first day that I parked the bike at the school the comments from the kids were like talking to an aeronautical engineer, Lines, features, turbulence, aerodynamics, sleek. If they only knew how fast it is.

I have owned various motorcycles in my life, some good some not so good. My thought is “I will ride whatever makes me happy. I still have my 2009 Electra Glide 103" 255 cam (my 6th HD) it’s a great bike, great looks, super paint and yes the HD rumble, but in regards to dependability and performance it’s not an even fight paired against the 6.

Ebony Deluxe
03-26-2015, 12:14 PM
Majority of comments positive, then the haters, they don't even have to open their mouths, the look on their face says it all. The most irritating comment I have experienced was, "What kind of Harley is that?"

valkmc
03-26-2015, 01:37 PM
I bought my F6B in August last year so I haven't been to any events with mostly longer rides.
But I have noticed that the Valkyrie is still more of attention getter. Hard to complete with chrome. I get mostly good remarks, however I got more in 1998 when I first bought the Valk. Even when it was 10 years old people would walk up and say what is it? I got to the point where I just said, it's the cruiser of the decade.

terrydj
03-26-2015, 06:04 PM
The most irritating comment I have experienced was, "What kind of Harley is that?"

Yeah the same thing happened to a mate of mine
The bloke with the latest Harley T-shirt on said what kind of Harley is that pointing to his V-Twin Yammy :no:

53driver
03-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Majority of comments positive, then the haters, they don't even have to open their mouths, the look on their face says it all. The most irritating comment I have experienced was, "What kind of Harley is that?"

I was telling people for awhile that it was Harley's new "hybrid" bike. It was to "lol."

JBnAZ
03-26-2015, 11:48 PM
Yesterday on a 270 mile trip during bike week I received many comments from fellow riders and non riders alike. Ones that were special:
- that looks like a rocket ship
- that looks really comfortable
- is it as fast as it looks
- that's bad ass

The last two guys that gushed over the B when I parked near a bike week event were seriously impressed with the looks and super curious about its performance. Their keen interest was a bit surprising as they were die hard American V twin riders and Angels members. They were blow away with the value of the B, so much performance for such a low cost compared to a new HD.

My riding buddy rides a fat boy low (he is vertIcally challenged) - the look on his face when the two guys were displaying so much interest in the B was priceless - his jaw about hit the ground.

The Trask turbo performance guys had a tent at the event and I asked if they had ever installed a turbo kit on a wing. They said no, followed by the comment "why would you, it's plenty powerful stock". And, "it's a Honda Goldwing, put gas in it and rip on it".

terrydj
03-27-2015, 03:53 PM
Their keen interest was a bit surprising as they were die hard American V twin riders and Angels members. They were blow away with the value of the B, so much performance for such a low cost compared to a new HD.

Mate my entire life has been the world on the others side of the fence and when you mentioned "Angels: I smiled
Both my wife and myself are Godparents to the same children as Two Australian Hells Angels Club Presidents

Been in a room with club members when they have been arguing who had the fastest Kwaka nine back in the day
Been on Runs/ride with club members when one was riding an MV Augusta (Red & White) and another a Rune???
In Fact I understand that Ralph Sonny Barger may even be riding/owns a Victory hamburger with the Lot????

Some people own Motorcycles so they can play dress up and pretend their in a Magazine
But some are and Motor Cycle Club members included
Motorcycle Enthusiasts :icon_cool:

buda315
05-21-2015, 10:23 PM
Is that an automatic (Heard that twice, so far...)

Nice bike! (Followed by I looked at it, but ended up with a street glide, too much plastic) I get it, it's a valid aesthetic concern, but I do enjoy the function of the overall package.

Cool!

Looks like Batman's motorcycle.

That's got too be fast.

After starting it... "o.k., you can turn it on now."

Davidk
05-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Just bought a '13 last week. Told a friend who is a 30yr rider, currently with a Yamaha V-twin. He said: Yeah, I rode that but didnt like it because it didn't sound like a motorcycle." I replied "and it doesn't drive like one either, which is why I bought it." LOL

ths61
05-22-2015, 01:10 AM
For the "you can turn it on now" and "is it running comments", I would like to have an iPOD recording on tap of a stuttering, misfiring, stalling HD and crank it in response to their questions. :icon_lol:

But then again, they might not be able to take a joke. :shock:

flat6bagger
05-22-2015, 06:10 AM
Positive remarks:

"Damn,that thing looks fast sitting still"
"That is bad a$$"
"Man I could get to like riding that"

Negative remarks:

"why would Honda not put cruise on that,that is just f**king stupid"
"Looks like a big a$$ scooter"

My responses to the positive remarks:

"Thanks,I love this thing"

My response to the scooter remark:(I didn't know this guy by the way,but figured he opened the door to a disrespectful response)

"Your and idiot" (his reaction was to just walked away)

Retired Army
05-22-2015, 06:23 AM
A lot of people ask me if I bought it that way. Or is that an older person's bike?

wjduke
05-22-2015, 07:03 AM
Positive remarks:

"Damn,that thing looks fast sitting still"
"That is bad a$$"
"Man I could get to like riding that"

Negative remarks:

"why would Honda not put cruise on that,that is just f**king stupid"
"Looks like a big a$$ scooter"

My responses to the positive remarks:

"Thanks,I love this thing"

My response to the scooter remark:(I didn't know this guy by the way,but figured he opened the door to a disrespectful response)

"Your and idiot" (his reaction was to just walked away)
I don't have one yet, but while I was looking, a friend said " over sized scooter", then the " it's plastic" comment. He was a Harley guy but just bought an Indian Roadmaster.

flat6bagger
05-22-2015, 07:09 AM
Why is it that the chromasexual Harley guys seem to feel they can say whatever they want about other motorcycles,but get offended when someone else says something as simple as they are not into Harleys?
I just don't get it.

wjduke
05-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Why is it that the chromasexual Harley guys seem to feel they can say whatever they want about other motorcycles,but get offended when someone else says something as simple as they are not into Harleys?
I just don't get it.
I wouldn't own one ever, even as bad as I want a bike right now. A bunch of followers who like to be dictated to...not me.

jm21ddd15
05-22-2015, 07:35 AM
I just don't get it.
I never owned a Harley, but was in Sturgis in 2005. (on a Kawasaki). I was at one of the major "watering holes", and there were several Hells Angels inside. I heard one of them say that "if we knew how reliable Hondas were, then we should have all been riding them instead of Harleys." Rather surprising comment, I thought.

flat6bagger
05-22-2015, 07:59 AM
I heard one of them say that "if we knew how reliable Hondas were, then we should have all been riding them instead of Harleys."

and he was never heard from again...:icon_lol:

CheesyRider
05-22-2015, 08:58 AM
From my neighbor's son's girlfriend: "Wow, I like your motorcycle. Is it a Harley?"

stroguy
05-22-2015, 09:06 AM
I heard one of them say that "if we knew how reliable Hondas were, then we should have all been riding them instead of Harleys."

and he was never heard from again...:icon_lol:

There's a lot of holes out there in that desert.

A neighbor stopped me as I was riding up and down the street practicing u turns.......loved the bike.

hiflyer
05-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Zero comments.....but I get a lot of lookers. Some try to be sly about it, you know who I'm talking about.

bobbyf6b
05-22-2015, 07:19 PM
I had a lady lean over at the gas pumps the other day and tell me,

"I'm not into motorcycles, but I really like that one."

:icon_mrgreen:

shooter
05-22-2015, 07:58 PM
I have an aunt and uncle I only see about every two years. Got up early this morning and rode the hundred miles to their house. Aunt was gone and my uncle was sitting outside. While we were visiting my aunt csne home. When she got out of the car she walked over to the B. After staring at it she says " that's the most impressive motorcycle I've ever seen".

pdxstriper
05-22-2015, 08:56 PM
I'm with ya mate. Whenever this bike is in two up mode, I seem to get offers I cannot refuse.

Of course, same gal and her "gal pal" liked my Valk too!

Your post was all I needed. I'm buying me an F6B as soon as I can!

ChubbyDodds
05-22-2015, 09:33 PM
There are folks at work who have never looked twice at a motorcycle who said the bike was beautiful. I've heard that a few times now.

My good friend at work said he thought it was the Triumph Trophy I had before and he was serious. At the very least the Triumph was silver and the F6B is blue. He didn't even notice that. :icon_biggrin:

My previous boss and now a good friend who rides an incredibly loud Harley loves to ask me if it's running every chance he gets.

Mad Max
05-24-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm a patchholder and chapter boss of an MC. My club brothers reactions at first were obviously mixed. I lead the pack most of the time and the HD's have a hard time keeping up :icon_biggrin: Every time one of them breaks down, I hand them a business card from the Honda dealer where I purchased mine! :icon_lol: Needless to say, wether the like it or not... They all respect it!

seadog
05-24-2015, 06:52 PM
Yes, I think the Harley riders' reactions (or studied nonreactions) are probably the most interesting ... and amusing. In their heart of hearts they KNOW the F6B is a highly superior technology, much more reliable, more comfortable and better performing. But all that counts for nothing in comparison to the all important image of the Harley. So sad, you don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Man if you don't have a chain drive wallet you aint nothing to a Harley rider.

gmorstad
05-24-2015, 07:23 PM
Forgive me if a thread like this was started earlier; if it was, I missed it.

In another thread Jimmytee recently mentioned: "My experiences with my F6B has been looks of bewilderment as to what I was riding. I have had a lot of positive inquiries as to what kind of bike my F6B was." This peaked my curiosity about what sorts of reactions the rest of you have had by other riders and no riders alike. Have there been any negative comments or reactions? What sorts of compliments or questions have you had?

The good:
"It looks badass." "It looks like a missile." "It looks sleek." "You should get a Batman suit and scare everybody." Also got thumbs up from 2 Harley riders that I passed while they were driving a pick-up. After I passed them they caught up with me and were studying my bike. Harley stickers all over the back of the truck.

The bad:

"It looks like it's trying to be something." "It looks like a giant scooter" and of course one guy took one look and said, "it's not a Harley" and never looked again. At least open minded Harley riders are showing respect and interest.

blackmetoc
05-24-2015, 07:29 PM
I had several comments. Coming out of the range, I had a guy pull up to me at the light asking what it was. One of the shooting instructors was asking if the new Goldwing was mine, and he dug it. And I had another guy pull up at a light and yell, "Bad ass bike!" I think because it is that super fast black.

RoadSurfer
05-25-2015, 06:26 AM
"It looks like it's trying to be something." !!?? That one's got me scratching my head. Thanks, gmorstad.

(Possible replies: "Yeah, it's trying to be powerful, efficient, comfortable, reliable and agile.")

bobbyf6b
05-25-2015, 09:16 AM
My bike (and me) have been getting a lot of attention this weekend in Silver City, NM. I had my bike parked outside my hotel window and yesterday I saw a small crowd gathered around it while they were getting ready to ride.

At lunch a guy came up to me and asked if the black bike outside was mine. Then he asked what it was and after I explained he said, "I would have lost that bet." He thought it was a BMW.

Later in the day we made another stop and happened to see the group that was looking at the bike in the morning. One of the girls shouted, "There's that bike we saw this morning!" Then I got 20 questions and they all said they love it.

I really felt a sense of pride! Then my wife says, "You're such an attention whore." :crackup:

She's just jealous. I told her she should feel happy that her husband is so cool. She just rolled her eyes. All I can do is smile. :icon_mrgreen:

RoadSurfer
05-26-2015, 05:01 AM
"He thought it was a BMW.". ???? Have you removed all Honda nameplates and symbols from your bike, Bobby?

Fla_rider
05-26-2015, 08:10 AM
I've had plenty but this past weekend the wife and I were riding in a 500 bike memorial and at the starting point another passenger on a HD said this to my wife, " That sure looks comfortable how you like it?" " My wife said she loved it and I heard her tell her husband we need a bike like that! :clap2:

stroguy
05-26-2015, 08:25 AM
We need a bike like that. I would say you heard the ultimate compliment. Love it.

bobbyf6b
05-26-2015, 04:41 PM
"He thought it was a BMW.". ???? Have you removed all Honda nameplates and symbols from your bike, Bobby?

Everything but the Honda and Goldwing by the ignition. I guess they weren't nosey enough to see those. Probably a good thing, I don't want them drooling all over it.

blackmetoc
06-01-2015, 06:35 PM
I rode down to the lighthouse this weekend. At a light, a Winnebago with a young couple pulled up next to me. The young (pretty) blond leaned out and asked, "Is that a Goldwing, my husband wants to know." And he looked up over her to hear the answer. "Yes, it is the sportier Goldwing." "Nice!!" they said. Then, I took off when the light turned green. Because, well, you know. :icon_lol:

Then at the lighthouse a group of Harleys had pulled in just before I did, and one of the guys came over and said, "That sure looks like a very comfortable ride." What is it? As they get older, comfort becomes a bit more interesting.

racer
06-02-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm a patchholder and chapter boss of an MC. My club brothers reactions at first were obviously mixed. I lead the pack most of the time and the HD's have a hard time keeping up :icon_biggrin: Every time one of them breaks down, I hand them a business card from the Honda dealer where I purchased mine! :icon_lol: Needless to say, wether the like it or not... They all respect it!

Similar to my story. My Brothers are used to me riding a Honda, I was on my VTX1800 when I prospected. I got some ribbing but after some throttle twisting, they came to respect that bike and so it was easy to get them to respect the F6B. I just had to say, "it's faster than the blue one". :icon_biggrin:

okiedoc
06-14-2015, 08:37 AM
I had a man with two little girls ask them which of my bikes they liked better, they both immediately pointed at the B. Little kids love motorcycles, I always try to wave back when they wave at me. Had a lot of positive responses to my bike one guy I know told me," that bike is you." Stopped at a convenience store yesterday and ran into a group on a poker run, got a lot of approving nods.

stroguy
06-14-2015, 09:34 AM
Went to Discount Tire to pay for tires for the wifey's grocery hauler. I came out of the store and a 30 year old dude with a 50 year old gin belly wearing the same t-shirt he wore when he graduated high school with two donuts on his rusted out Mazda pulling a blow out from his trunk said 'nice bike'. Does that qualify as a compliment?

jaygollner
06-14-2015, 10:06 AM
A guy at a stoplight in Chicago said nice goldwingabago. And about half of the black girls driving on Stoney island avenue on the south side smile and wave at me.

Drive Jehu
06-16-2015, 07:15 PM
23K on the clock and many complements. The stand outs:

Last June on I-85 riding south past Auburn Ala exit and a car with 4 college age girls - one gets her cell phone out to video the bike as we go down the interstate side by side. A couple of them wave. I will say blowing a kiss with a full face helment... well it's just not quite the same.

I'm on the Blue Ridge Parkway last fall. I eat breakfast next to a group of Harley riders. They leave. Later I leave for the parking lot where they are walking in slow circles around my bike - admiring. We have a really fun visit and many questions later... I ride off. They watch.

Same Blue Ridge trip close to Sky Line Drive. I pull off and park. A couple on 2 Harley's make a Bee line to me accross the parking lot to ask questions about the F.

December of last year in Key West - I get a request to take a photo of me on the F. (You talking to me?)

Last month, I'm at work in a meeting. Co-worker looks out the window and says "Hey! Somebody's out there taking pictures of your Motorcycle". Yea.:yes:

okiedoc
06-16-2015, 09:46 PM
My employees were telling me that there have been people stopping and getting out to look at my bike parked out in front of work. When I went to lunch today a man told one of the employees to come out and look at my bike and the waitress followed them out. The guy was asking a lot of questions and said, "That beats the H$@# out of a Harley."

jm21ddd15
06-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Been on the road, 3700 miles in the last 3 weeks, from Arkansas to Grand Marias, Minnesota. Still, have not seen another F6 in the wild. However, get nothing but positive comments, and lots of stares. Many ask what does F6B mean? :yes:

Fla_rider
06-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Flat 6 Cylinder Bagger! Faster 6 Cylinder Bagger and if it's red Fatest 6 Cylinder Bagger! :catfight:

NoleRider
06-17-2015, 03:09 PM
if it's red Fatest 6 Cylinder Bagger!

You can keep your fat red bike...I'll stick with my stealthy fast matte silver. :winnergold1:

srt8-in-largo
06-17-2015, 03:18 PM
LOL

Fla_rider
06-17-2015, 03:21 PM
You can keep your fat red bike...I'll stick with my stealthy fast matte silver. :winnergold1:

Nole if it's that stealthy they will never see it to admire!:catfight:

stroguy
06-17-2015, 04:30 PM

You da man!

Just want you to know if you and I ever see any really heavy combat.....................I'll be right behind you every step of the way.

jm21ddd15
06-17-2015, 06:19 PM
Flat 6 Cylinder Bagger! Faster 6 Cylinder Bagger and if it's red Fatest 6 Cylinder Bagger! :catfight:
Maybe I don't see any other F6B's, because my Matte/grey is going too fast!!! :crackup: :popcorn:

53driver
06-17-2015, 06:42 PM
You da man!

Just want you to know if you and I ever see any really heavy combat.....................I'll be right behind you every step of the way.

Okay Ziskey.....Sgt Hulka with the big toe is gonna put it right up your a$$!

stroguy
06-17-2015, 07:25 PM
You know'em all Steve.

53driver
06-17-2015, 07:34 PM
You know'em all Steve.

Any movie that makes me laugh with a slight helping of tasteful T&A is worth watching a few (hundred) times.....

seadog
06-17-2015, 08:37 PM
All I have heard is dam that thing is long, which has been the majority of the comments on the 6 and there powers of observation are serving them well cause that 6 is definitely long. My M109R Boulevard fit in my trailer nicely this one is too long for my trailer by about 10 inches.

Cheesyryder
06-17-2015, 10:44 PM
Looks and compliments up the wazoo. Tonight 2 HD guys were all over the 6'er

tinknocker
06-19-2015, 10:46 AM
People I know will talk to me about it..ask questions and make comments but people who don't know me when they see my bike they get scared and are afraid to speak

stroguy
06-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Did you ever consider it might not be the bike? Do you look like Arnold in Terminator?