PDA

View Full Version : Old School meets new school want

Injun Joe
03-03-2015, 02:54 PM
I don't like the paint job, but other than that, I'm in love with this old, face lifted girl. Not as a replacement for my F6B but in addition to of course. :shhh:

http://r.ebay.com/DYsaTB

RoadSurfer
03-03-2015, 04:10 PM
I can relate! Suh weet.

er.medic
03-03-2015, 08:37 PM
I would buy that :icon_biggrin:

Jimmytee
03-03-2015, 09:02 PM
:biggthumpup:

Limoles
03-03-2015, 09:32 PM
I'm in love with Art Deco of old BMW's & M-Guzzi's

F6Pilot
03-04-2015, 12:50 AM
That is a beautiful old wing and a great rework. I haven't bern riding long enough to know, but I wonder how well those old wings ride compared to current offerings. Good, acceptable, or absolutely horrid by today's standards?

Injun Joe
03-04-2015, 02:28 AM
That is a beautiful old wing and a great rework. I haven't bern riding long enough to know, but I wonder how well those old wings ride compared to current offerings. Good, acceptable, or absolutely horrid by today's standards?

I can't give you a super good idea either in that it's been years and years since I road an original naked Wing. As I recall they characteristically are quite similar to the modern Wing. Very smooth and deceptive power. Tremendous handling and in some ways more nimble because they are so much lighter. Suspension was way too mushy though so would have to be addressed for hard riding. These weren't ridden hard all that much though. Their introduction was about the same time as the Kawasaki 900. If you wanted to go fast and carve, that was the bike you got -- not a Goldwing. Brakes were amazingly good for the time but I imagine pale to our modern ones. Certainly they weren't linked or anything. You actually had to work the transmission on this bike more like a "normal" motorcycle. The big things everyone commented on was how smooth they were and the low center of gravity. I could be wrong but I don't think anyone else had tried the faux gas tank up top and the real one down below at that time. You're making me nostalgic by asking.

Westernbiker
03-04-2015, 12:05 PM

I rode one for about 2 years. Ride is not as good as todays by far, along with the handling, mostly due to suspension, weight distribution and seat height. Lacking tremendously in power compared to the SIX and compared to my Suzuki dirt bike LMAO! I remember getting on it the first time and thinking, this thing has 'NO GO!' It was my dad's and he had rode it to the hospital for a procedure and they would not let him ride it home, so I had to. WOW! I was NOT prepared for that ride. LOL! But I still hold onto my '97' Valkyrie and let me tell ya, it would run circles around those old wings, just like my F6B runs circles around my Valkyrie.

F6Pilot
03-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the retrospective. I see these old bikes at times and enjoy their classic beauty but oft wonder how much of a bear they are to ride. I certainly would not expect anything comparable to current technology and geometry, but would not desire a vehicle that required too much "work" to operate. I'm only nostalgic to a degree.

Injun Joe
03-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Always remember, one man's work is another man's fun.

Steve 0080
03-06-2015, 12:37 AM
I had one...at the time it was a great bike...You can't compare bikes of today with those in the past....If Honda would have known what it would grow to be ...40 years later...