PDA

View Full Version : Rivco Aero Peg Help

Schnapps
03-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Bought 'em, like the looks of 'em, but can't get 'em open while riding to save my life. Have any of you guys who have them modified them somehow to open them easier?
I thought I'd read somewhere where there was a nubbin on the back end to help get them opened - nope.
I'd appreciate any ideas.

bigbird
03-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Extend the footpeg. Under the pivot is a nylock nut. Loosen the nut slightly until it is easier to open the peg. The nut won't fall out as the nylon insert holds it tight even though it feels loose.

shooter
03-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Open them when you leave and close them when you get off. It works.

Phantom
03-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Put a DAB of lubricant at the pivot point .... opens like cutting butter :biggthumpup:

That is what I did and can open them on the fly while riding.

Hornblower
03-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Or...drill and tap the ends and install a socket head cap bolt. Like this:

This will definitely solve your problem.

terrydj
03-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Whats the go??
You pay the dollars and yah still got to fool with em?????
Me thinks get in touch with the manufacturer and grab them by the B***?
And have a chat :icon_cool:

Steve 0080
03-04-2015, 06:03 PM
Whats the go??
You pay the dollars and yah still got to fool with em?????
Me thinks get in touch with the manufacturer and grab them by the B***?
And have a chat :icon_cool:

Not really...these are billet and machined to the finest tolerances ...there just tight...better than loose !!!

Injun Joe
03-04-2015, 06:47 PM
Being somewhat if a klutz, I expected to have to modify mine but I found that if I adjusted the tension, I could manage mine quite well. Just have to watch that you don't get them too loose.

GNW
03-04-2015, 07:04 PM
I got'em. love'em.
Maybe I just got long arms, but if I forget to open them up before the ride, I just reach down one at time and open up.
No complaints here.

VP8
03-04-2015, 07:12 PM
I got'em. love'em.
Maybe I just got long arms, but if I forget to open them up before the ride, I just reach down one at time and open up.
No complaints here.

+1 - I either open them up ahead of time, or I set my Go Cruise and flip them open...super easy. When I first received these, I opened and closed them numerous times to loosen the tension a bit.

Schnapps
03-05-2015, 08:12 PM
Thanks guys. I'm kinda leaning towards Hornblower's solution. I've found that if I loosen the nut too much, the pegs fold back with the wind.
Love this forum.