PDA

View Full Version : Got F6B today-first observations

Limbuck
05-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Yep, got it today and I read here that red is faster than black. Don't know bout that but it is dern fast. I got to slow it down, I come from E-Glide to Triumph R3T to here. Big , big, difference. Again, I must slow down. Handles like a sport bike compared to those big sleds. I reckon it is a sport bike. Did I say it was fast? The R3T was fast but so top heavy . Observations other than fast and super handling is the wind kicked my butt at head level. I can fix that but would like to hear from other tall folks. Ain't used to the foot pegs and my 13 size boot was always at uncomfortable down angle at shifter. Ya'll experience that? What did you do? Adjust shifter up? I thought I was burning pegs but it was my boot toe. Got to slow down.
I would like to look at slightly taller flip type smoke windshield. Also does anybody offer flat black slip-ons. I like the V&H but not in chrome. I like not thinking I need to add chrome bling to this. A Harley guy could save thousands here alone. That's my day one observations and wants. I'd appreciate your feedbacK. I got to slow this thing down. Did anybody find a 6th gear? Just thinking,. I had a CB750 back in 72. Been a long time since Honda days. Just can't beat em..

Trike lady
05-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting an F6B
Post a pic when you can.
:)

jkelley
05-08-2013, 08:12 AM
I too share your feelings coming from a CVO Road Glide I agree with the foot position issues. Strange but very nice compared to riding Harley for so many years.
I am very happy with mine and currently in the process of adding a windshield, highway pegs, and not one piece of chrome!!!!
This thing is a dream to clean compared to my old CVO!!! And as a surprise I really like the quiet and smoothness of the bike more than I thought I would.
I loved my Harleys but this thing quite honestly puts them to shame in the drive line and engine catagories. Now fit and finish I have to give Harley props, my CVO was one pretty motorcycle for sure. The F6B has "soft" paint issues and will likely need a repaint in the future but not a major concern. Hopefully Honda will step up and deal with it.
As far as Maint. goes we will see, the Harleys are pretty easy to work on if needed, although in all my years I have never been stranded on one. Minor maint on the F6B looks to be fairly straight forward and hopefully will have no major issues to address. BUt I think Black is the faster of the two???:)

gkrush
05-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Limbuck,...Cobra exhaust says they'll have a black ceramic finish on their soon to be released slip ons.

Limbuck
05-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Amen on all that brother. I am going to look at re-positioning my shifter just slightly upward. I think I can live without floorboards but holding my left foot in a slightly down position gets uncomfortable after a spell. Heck I like all the bikes. I still have a Vic Cross Country that is extremely comfortable. They are all different and I am one lottery ticket from having about 20.

Limbuck
05-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Want to see those. I really do not like the current 6x6 Cobra has but really like the V&H I saw at my dealer. But there again, so far only chrome.

F4 Customs
05-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Hi all! Just want to let you know we have tinted and clear shields at 14" 16" 18" and 20" for your bike! All F4 benefits, 100% optical clarity, extreme rain shedding and clean it with a paper towel and our cleaner or Windex.

Almost forgot! Vented and non-vented available also.