PDA

View Full Version : Retired from F6B riding

Deer Slayer
03-07-2015, 12:44 PM
Today I moved from two wheels to three. I opted not to trike my F6B because of no reverse. Swapped for Spyder RS-S. Too many medical problems to cover here. I will still visit here from time to time. Me and the Hornblower will be in Franklin for sure. See ya on da road.:039::cheers:
My trusty F6B is available at Honda of Winston-Salem for those who may be looking for a great F6B. :022:

Hornblower
03-07-2015, 01:01 PM
Watch out Deer :yikes:, ole Deerslayer is larger than ever and is taking up the entire lane :shock:

F6BPDX
03-07-2015, 01:24 PM
I say anything that puts a smile that big on your face and ain't illegal is good by me. Stick around if you can Slayer, and enjoy the new arachnid!

Phantom
03-07-2015, 01:32 PM
:yikes:

DeerSlayer, you will always be one of us.

Your Charisma and Jovial spirit is always welcomed on this forum and at our events.

Someone is going to end up with a highly modified F6B with a special exhaust :poke: :icon_biggrin::yes:

Heal quick and ride safe my friend :cheers:

Steve 0080
03-07-2015, 01:40 PM
At least you are riding !!!! See Ya in Franklin !!!!

Retired Army
03-07-2015, 03:20 PM
I got initiated into tricking today.

cwjj2001
03-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Glad to hear you still have the passion for the open road! I wish I knew ahead of time you were thinking about rolling on three wheels, I personally would donated some money towards a Polaris Slingshot just to outshine Tony this year at the rally!!!!!!!!
Have fun on the Spider.

Deer Slayer
03-07-2015, 03:55 PM
:yikes:

DeerSlayer, you will always be one of us.

Your Charisma and Jovial spirit is always welcomed on this forum and at our events.

Someone is going to end up with a highly modified F6B with a special exhaust :poke: :icon_biggrin::yes:

Heal quick and ride safe my friend :cheers:

Thanks for the good words. See ya in Franklin if not sooner.:cheers:

Hornblower
03-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Glad to hear you still have the passion for the open road! I wish I knew ahead of time you were thinking about rolling on three wheels, I personally would donated some money towards a Polaris Slingshot just to outshine Tony this year at the rally!!!!!!!!
Have fun on the Spider.

Hate to break it to you Calvin but it will take considerably more than a Slingshot to outshine Tony :icon_wink:

Phantom
03-07-2015, 06:16 PM
I personally would donated some money towards a Polaris Slingshot just to outshine Tony this year at the rally!!!!!!!!
I never did like you :moon: If we wanted to hear your 2 cents worth, we would have given you 2 cents and then asked for change. :f2:

Hate to break it to you Calvin but it will take considerably more than a Slingshot to outshine Tony :icon_wink:

I'm very thankful to have GOOD friends like Hornblower :cheers:

cwjj2001
03-07-2015, 06:44 PM
bling-bling:nutkick:
I never did like you :moon: If we wanted to hear your 2 cents worth, we would have given you 2 cents and then asked for change. :f2:

I'm very thankful to have GOOD friends like Hornblower :cheers:

srt8-in-largo
03-07-2015, 10:16 PM
Best wishes with your new machine DeerSlayer!

You're still in the wind and that's what counts.

shooter
03-07-2015, 10:44 PM
Deer Slayer I'm not gonna feel too sorry for you. That Spyder is a hot machine. Happy riding brother. Hope you enjoy many more years.

Cheesyryder
03-08-2015, 11:58 AM
The Spyder seems better then a trike, Have fun

Old Ryder
03-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Letters on the tank mean little, it is still the same wind in your face.

Ryde on!

Deer Slayer
03-08-2015, 09:12 PM
Watch out Deer :yikes:, ole Deerslayer is larger than ever and is taking up the entire lane :shock:

TRUE! :yikes:

Madmax
03-09-2015, 07:40 AM
Rode a spyder before not bad , the new RS line looks pretty cool . i did see a few months back a cmpany was making a reverse trike same concept as the spyder , I actually think it was posted on here .
40k for a converted is a bit pricey .

Deer Slayer
03-09-2015, 08:06 AM
Rode a spyder before not bad , the new RS line looks pretty cool . i did see a few months back a cmpany was making a reverse trike same concept as the spyder , I actually think it was posted on here .
40k for a converted is a bit pricey .

I saw one, but I would have to dig ALL the fruit jars up from the yard to get that done.:yikes:

TnHeath
03-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Today I moved from two wheels to three. I opted not to trike my F6B because of no reverse. Swapped for Spyder RS-S. Too many medical problems to cover here. I will still visit here from time to time. Me and the Hornblower will be in Franklin for sure. See ya on da road.:039::cheers:
My trusty F6B is available at Honda of Winston-Salem for those who may be looking for a great F6B. :022:

Congratulations on your Spyder .... I'm sure you will love it. For any who might be thinking that no reverse on the F6B is a major negative I have found on my F6B trike, without running boards, that it is easy to roll backward paddling with feet or getting off and pushing back or foward using the handle bars and grab bars. More of an issue is not having a parking brake. You have to be extremely careful to ensure that it is in gear, and stays in gear, if you park on a slope. I have had it slip out of first and roll backward. I sometimes use velcro to hold the brake lever.

I have 4,500 k and am still adjusting to it not being a bike....I really miss the leaning and maneuverability of a bike. To me, riding the trike is like riding a four wheeler. However, there are many advantages of a trike. Just the other day, I saw a small cemetery off a dirt road. On my bike I would not have even considered going over to it....but with the trike I never gave it a second thought. Just rode down the gravel and made a u-turn in the grass and back to the main road.

May you have many pleasurable trips on your Spyder. God bless!

jkelley
03-09-2015, 10:44 AM
Please let us know how that Spider works for you! I have heard good and bad........ I think they look pretty cool and I would consider one as well.

Trike lady
03-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Congrats and enjoy.

I got initiated into tricking today.

Very nice, I like the color.
:clap2:

Deer Slayer
03-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Please let us know how that Spider works for you! I have heard good and bad........ I think they look pretty cool and I would consider one as well.

So far it is just fine. I have been messing around with them for years. I just have to overcome 200,000 miles of Gl1800 ridding and going to a slipper clutch.

WingThing
03-10-2015, 06:33 AM
Can't go wrong with the Spyder. I had both the RT and ST model. My only issue was the heat they put out but that seems to have been addressed better on the latest model. The Spyder IS a Trike. It's just that it's a trike built the way one should have been from the get go.

Far more stable than a traditional trike. Will out handle any other trike. I've ridden both styles and the Spyder style wins hands down. My wife rides an RT and handles the Dragon easily but with the upgraded Elka Shocks and the larger BajaRon roll bar making a hugh difference.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RRAG/Spyder%20Limited/LakeO-1004-23-12.jpg

And Zorro, demands only the best.....
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/RRAG/Spyder%20Limited/BD9BEC08-82F7-4BB8-9703-8396AC03FA41-42312-000004788A4C31DB_zps10ecc5da.jpg