PDA

View Full Version : Leaving F6B for a BMW

Teach
07-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Leaving the F6 group and going back to my BMW. The F6B just isn't the right fit for me at this point. Don't get me wrong it is a great bike, rides and handles well.... and of course has plenty of grunt, just not right for me. I'll have my hip sorted out next week and the F6 decision was really based on my ability to ride without hip pain, and for that it worked well.
I want to thanks everyone for their advice as I fumbled my way around the new bike, a special thanks to Mile's whom always had an answer and sound reasoning for any recommendations. Maybe we'll run into each other out on the road... (I'll buy the coffee).
I hope Honda gets the paint fixed for those with an issue, and I wish everyone many happy and safe miles.

Because I like to be in the know with bikes, I'll likely stop by from time to time and see what you fellas are doing to trick out your machines.... Enjoy the ride.......... T

timjoebob
07-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Blessings to you, Teach, with miles of smiles.

bob109
07-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Teach:

Thanks! I looked forward to your input:clap2:

Ride Safe and if you ever get into NE Pa. stop for a visit:icon_biggrin:

Blessings

Bob

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Leaving the F6 group and going back to my BMW

Which model BMW? Filbert told me he went to the F6B from a K1600GT, which has gotten rave reviews, but just wasn't right for him. So many bikes, so little time!

MichaelG
07-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Teach, send me a PM, and we can arrange to get together and take a ride. But...please bring something other than the Beemer, as I do have a reputation to uphold.:shock:

I will miss your posts on the threads.

Teach
07-11-2013, 10:27 PM
YW, I bought my RT back. I've ridden the K bikes and while they are nice, not a lot of difference between them and a wing. Actually the K bike doesn't do as well for passengers but it is a little more modern than the GW in some area's. If I was to pick between a K bike and GW the GW wins hands down due t the lack of required maintenance.

Miles, should be in your area next summer. I'll give you a shout before I head west and we'll see about hooking up for that coffee. I will be on the beemer but I'll try real hard not to let anyone know I'm with you:icon_wink:

chipmaker
07-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Teach,

Get this, and tell me how great it is...

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2013/07/2014-bmw-k1600gt-sport-announced/

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/071113top-i.jpg

Teach
07-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Chipmaker, ah the ole K1600GT.... ridden it. It is a little quicker than my RT, a lot heavier, and not as sporty in road feel. Add a different saddle and trunk and you have the K1600GTL. Now the dirty secret, your F6B is the better bike IMO. Maintenance requirements on the Beemers gets VERY expensive and time consuming. The bike in the pic "feels" a lot quicker, tosses around a little more nimble in the twisties than the F6, but if you check specs and closely compare the two, the K bike is just a taller saddle with a little more ground clearance. Your F6 will go anywhere it will and just as fast. Your F6 will do it without an annual dealer tax of $600 for required maintenance:icon_wink:. Oh and the K1600 eats tires, 4500 to 6k per set:shock:

chipmaker
07-13-2013, 11:57 PM
I test rode the K1200GT after owning a K1200R. I thought I would like it more, but then bought a R1200RT instead. I haven't ridden any 1600s yet. I hate that BMWs are so tall, but I love the ABS and removable saddlebags. I'll stick with my F6B...

Texas TC
07-14-2013, 08:22 AM
I test rode the K1200GT after owning a K1200R. I thought I would like it more, but then bought a R1200RT instead. I haven't ridden any 1600s yet. I hate that BMWs are so tall, but I love the ABS and removable saddlebags. I'll stick with my F6B...

The tall stance of the BMW has always been a drawback for me. The R bike I had back years ago always made me feel like I was sitting on top of the bike, not down in the saddle. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, that's why they make so many different kinds of motorcycles. The F6B is the best bike I have owned. Sorry it did not work out for Teach.:iduno:

Teach
07-14-2013, 01:21 PM
TTC, yep it happens. It is all good and I'm not bitter about my choice(s). The F6 is a great bike, just not right for me at the present time.

Chipmaker, If it ain't broke don't fix it... I should have listened to myself better. I don't think you are missing anything, but if you happen by a BMW dealer, it is always fun riding a different bike for a few miles (even if you don't plan to buy:icon_wink:). My local Honda, Kawi, Suzi, Yamaha, Victory, etc dealer/owner calls me "the" local bike enthusiast. I have no particular brand loyalty and I always find something I like about every bike I try. I probably know more about the bikes he sells than any of his sales guys, I just like bikes. We sure are spoiled for choice these days.

Gumby
07-14-2013, 05:17 PM
'Kay.

Bye