PDA

View Full Version : F6B and Bluetooth

mercator1
03-08-2015, 05:24 AM
Does the F6B (and Goldwing) not have ability to pair to a device using bluetooth A2DP? I saw someone talking about a dongle they had to buy, and I'd think these electronics ought to be sophisticated enough to handle bluetooth at this point.

Jimmytee
03-08-2015, 08:10 AM
I don't believe the fully dressed Gold Wings are different in this regards, but no the F6B does not come with Blue Tooth capability. Not sure if anyone finds this a problem, I don't. There are inexpensive ways to add blue tooth if you like. I have blue tooth in my Scala G9 headset that I use for my phone. However, like I mentioned, there are blue tooth adapters that can receive or transmit a blue tooth signal to do what ever you want to a point. I had bought a blue tooth receiver to use on my Valkyrie for less than $30. It worked fine, but I couldn't use it the way I was hoping for. I wanted my phone to pair simultaneously with the receiver and my Scala G9 headset, but the phone would only pair with one device at a time.

Steve 0080
03-08-2015, 10:20 AM
I have this....http://www.amazon.com/Streambot-Wireless-Bluetooth-Streaming-Receiver/dp/B00MJMV0GU/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1425827986&sr=1-1&keywords=mpow+4.0

stukatz
03-08-2015, 01:01 PM
On the bike; I'm using the Sena SM10-01 transmitter and the Sena SC-A0121 cable adapter. They connect to the bike's 5 DIN audio cable.

On my helmet; I have the U-Clear HBC200 receiver which is linked to both my phone and the Sena.

This set up allows me to listen the the bike's radio or my USB stick (with music). The U-clear puts priority to the phone when I get a phone call if I'm already listening to music.

Fla_rider
03-09-2015, 10:18 AM
I use a bluetooth receiver plugged into the earplug in the left cubby and left power plug. My cell phone connects to it. Pandora no problems. 'riding'

er.medic
03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
I use a Sena 20S and I love it. I have it attached to my Shoei Neotec helmet. I can listen to FM radio, anything on my iPhone, including making and receiving phone calls, and bike to bike intercom with up to 8 bikes.

terrydj
03-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Had this setup for the last maybe 8 years???
I use a Garmin Zumo 550 through an Autocom superpro
The Garmin Zumo 550 has Bluetooth so it all works through my Autocom
All the noise from the Zumo comes through the Autocom and into my headset (Earbuds)through 3.5 jack.
Get a phone call and it appears on the Zumo screen, touch the screen and the phone call comes in
Make a phone call the same way
The zumo holds your phones phone book
Touch the number and make a call
The Zumo also takes and SD Card for all the music you want
No stupid buttons to touch
No recharging
Just turn the bike on and it all works the way it should:icon
Not trendy
Just works _cool:

mercator1
03-10-2015, 04:26 AM
I currently have the Sena 10smh unit, so I can get all that functionality in my helmet, but if I swap my R1200RT (no audio) for an F6B, then I might rather go with outside the helmet audio solution.

1BADF6B
03-29-2015, 09:29 PM
I use a bluetooth receiver plugged into the earplug in the left cubby and left power plug. My cell phone connects to it. Pandora no problems. 'riding'

Hello. Can you post the link of what youre using Please. I am currently using my Ipod and I was going to try to plug a bluetooth transmitter into the usb cable. I dont know it that would work. I notice alot of interference when I have the wire plugged into my headphone spot on my phone. I would like to be able to stream pandora amd such. Thanks.

Fla_rider
03-30-2015, 07:59 AM
ok, everything is on amazon.com - search for USB Bluetooth Receiver, USB Car charger, buy a double so you can power your phone as well.

Step 1. Plug BT receiver into USB car charger
Step 2. Plug 3.5 Audio plug in left cubby into USB BT
Step 3. Plug BT receiver and car charger plug into DC outlet in left cubby.
Step 4. Turn on Phone search for BT and Sync.
Step 5. Select Pandora or your music and play all day long. (if you have provided power for the phone too)

Remember AUX has 2 inputs one from the rear saddlebag an Ipod or USB drive and the other from the left cubby 3.5 audio jack. So sometimes you have to hit it twice.

tinknocker
03-30-2015, 08:40 AM
If you are going to use it only for music I have tried the Bluetooth dongle connected to the aux, and also using a flash drive connected in the left saddle bag and currently I have a buddy with a Harley trying out the dongle since the flash drive is immensely better quality.

stroguy
03-30-2015, 09:19 AM
ok, everything is on amazon.com - search for USB Bluetooth Receiver, USB Car charger, buy a double so you can power your phone as well.

Step 1. Plug BT receiver into USB car charger
Step 2. Plug 3.5 Audio plug in left cubby into USB BT
Step 3. Plug BT receiver and car charger plug into DC outlet in left cubby.
Step 4. Turn on Phone search for BT and Sync.
Step 5. Select Pandora or your music and play all day long. (if you have provided power for the phone too)

Remember AUX has 2 inputs one from the rear saddlebag an Ipod or USB drive and the other from the left cubby 3.5 audio jack. So sometimes you have to hit it twice.

OK help me out. What is this accomplishing? Is music coming across fairing speakers? Wouldn't connecting the phone 3.5mm out to the cubby connector accomplish the same? I must have manure for brains this morning.....help me understand signal flow.

53driver
03-30-2015, 09:29 AM
OK help me out. What is this accomplishing? Is music coming across fairing speakers? Wouldn't connecting the phone 3.5mm out to the cubby connector accomplish the same? I must have manure for brains this morning.....help me understand signal flow.

If a rider is using their phone as a GPS and it is in a mount, then the BT will connect all the phone based music and GPS instructions through the main speakers while still wirelessly remaining visible.
That's what I'm seeing here......

Fla_rider
03-30-2015, 09:47 AM
if the phone is in the cubby it's a little difficult to change or skip songs. This gets the phone on a RAM mount in my situation. Enables me to use the phone as a GPS or it also shows incoming calls I can see who is calling and give them a quick response like I'm on the bike, I'll call you next fill up.

I don't use BT helmet. Until they have a battery that can last 12 hrs (12 hrs continous music), I'm not buying!

I have not found the quality of the music from streaming or BT is that bad. Let's face it at 75 mph I'm not expecting quadaphonic high definiton stereo music.

So what does this cheap combo get me? Ipod classic in left saddlebag, Pandora from phone, AM/FM radio from honda. A wide choice of music! :clap2:

stroguy
03-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Gotcha....thanks.

mercator1
03-31-2015, 08:51 PM
I'm glad that people have found workable solutions, but it is ridiculous that, in 2015, the top end of the Honda line doesn't have built in BT functionality. Even your cheap home electronics can do BT now.

mercator1
03-31-2015, 08:53 PM
if the phone is in the cubby it's a little difficult to change or skip songs. This gets the phone on a RAM mount in my situation. Enables me to use the phone as a GPS or it also shows incoming calls I can see who is calling and give them a quick response like I'm on the bike, I'll call you next fill up.

I don't use BT helmet. Until they have a battery that can last 12 hrs (12 hrs continous music), I'm not buying!

I have not found the quality of the music from streaming or BT is that bad. Let's face it at 75 mph I'm not expecting quadaphonic high definiton stereo music.

So what does this cheap combo get me? Ipod classic in left saddlebag, Pandora from phone, AM/FM radio from honda. A wide choice of music! :clap2:

I don't know about 12 hours, but I've used my SMH10 for 6 or more, on multiple occasions. The new SMH20 is supposed to have improved battery life. In 6 or 8 hours, I run out of working data networks to stream from. I usually have to stop and kill Pandora or XM and switch to phone-loaded mp3 files by then. The sound fidelity inside your helmet, away from the outside noise, is decidedly better. However, you have to be careful not to keep creeping the volume up. You can damage your hearing. Also with the helmet solution, I just say "hello" into my mic, and the music is automatically quieted and the phone answered.

Airborne06
03-31-2015, 09:08 PM
I'm glad that people have found workable solutions, but it is ridiculous that, in 2015, the top end of the Honda line doesn't have built in BT functionality. Even your cheap home electronics can do BT now.

I agree 100%