PDA

View Full Version : Engine Black Out

bdmcrider
03-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Newbie here, had my Black '15 Deluxe for a few weeks now, finally got out for a nice ride yesterday...........LOVE THE BIKE!
I've put many miles on a buddies '05 Wing, so I thought I knew what I was in for, but the F6B feels so much nimbler it is amazing!

So I've collected a few farkles, black out turn signals, luggage rack, turn signal mirrors, and want to continue blacking out the bike. Was wondering if there was a replacement part for the chrome bar on the engine that has Honda stamped on it? I will probably try and paint it first, but was wondering anyone made a black part.

I've learned plenty from reading all the great info here on the forum and am sure I will continue to do so!

bertrider
03-08-2015, 09:53 AM
I think high temp. flat black is going to be your answer.

Steve 0080
03-08-2015, 10:12 AM
" chrome bar on the engine that has Honda stamped on it?" There is some paint that some use to paint the brake lens covers on care,trucks...I would look into that...* I would not remove the emblem , whatever you choose do it in place!

bob109
03-08-2015, 10:56 AM
Newbie here, had my Black '15 Deluxe for a few weeks now, finally got out for a nice ride yesterday...........LOVE THE BIKE!
I've put many miles on a buddies '05 Wing, so I thought I knew what I was in for, but the F6B feels so much nimbler it is amazing!

So I've collected a few farkles, black out turn signals, luggage rack, turn signal mirrors, and want to continue blacking out the bike. Was wondering if there was a replacement part for the chrome bar on the engine that has Honda stamped on it? I will probably try and paint it first, but was wondering anyone made a black part.

I've learned plenty from reading all the great info here on the forum and am sure I will continue to do so!

If the part you are referring to is located along the center of the valve/spark plug cover, I would use Black PlastiDip. It's black matt finish will almost match the cover and should you want to remove it, it will peel off. Used it on my spare rear wheel when I went to the Dark Side. Almost 27K miles on the rim and not a sign of any chip. I used several coats. Follow the directions on the can and you should be golden:039:

Here's a few pics of the rear rim with the PlastiDip applied!

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-08-2015, 11:10 AM
Duplicolor Black Chrome is also an alternative.
Painted my valve cover chrome and swing pivot.

J

Old Ryder
03-08-2015, 05:24 PM
I have used PlastiDip on 3 bikes now. It looks identical to power coat at $6 a can. If you decide to make it permanent, then spray paint primer as a base coat.

bdmcrider
03-08-2015, 07:04 PM
Thanks all for the input, I just ordered a can of the Plastic Coat on Amazon.........can wait to start making the beast my own!

GiddyupF6B
03-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Thanks all for the input, I just ordered a can of the Plastic Coat on Amazon.........can wait to start making the beast my own!

Next time just go to Home Depot and pick it up...it's usually cheaper and no wait time. Plasti-dip

I went crazy with the "Blackout" scheme....

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/bigdaddylachance/IMAG0328_BURST002_zpst6kzky3y.jpg

F6B1911
03-08-2015, 08:18 PM
" chrome bar on the engine that has Honda stamped on it?" There is some paint that some use to paint the brake lens covers on care,trucks...I would look into that...* I would not remove the emblem , whatever you choose do it in place!

Why do you say "I would not remove the emblem , whatever you choose do it in place!"
Isn't the chrome bar just plastic held on with double-side tape? Could't you just re-attach it with some 3M double-side tape after you black it out??

GiddyupF6B
03-08-2015, 08:49 PM
Why do you say "I would not remove the emblem , whatever you choose do it in place!"
Isn't the chrome bar just plastic held on with double-side tape? Could't you just re-attach it with some 3M double-side tape after you black it out??

I took mine off and plasti dipped it then just taped it right back up. Just need to be easy when taking it off so you don't break it.

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-08-2015, 09:00 PM

Yep..

Philbert40
03-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Keep going....I have painted out all the screws and bolts and the bottom of the footpegs. My wife says I'm obsessed! :yikes:

Fla_rider
03-09-2015, 09:51 AM

Bike must be repainted? I'm surprised no one caught this. Black isn't an OEM option on 2015's? "coffee"

Blackedout2014
03-10-2015, 03:33 PM

Dechrome it all and leave it off. Your bike looks GREAT !!!!

grendl
03-15-2015, 09:22 AM
This fits into what I want to do with mine,but am thinking the duo color may be closer to the effect I am looking for.
Has anyone tried to black out the pipes? I am looking for more of a dark chrome effect on both the engine emblem and the pipes...