PDA

View Full Version : salty roads

JackB
03-09-2015, 07:59 AM
This is going be real hard not to ride this week with the weather around 50 and with lots of sun.
But with all the salt on the road I can't. I always wait for a good rain to wash all that crap off the roads.
Right now when you see a car going down the road there is a cloud of white salt in the air and I can't do that to my bike.
Times like this I wish I had my old dirt bike to ride.😞

RickJ
03-09-2015, 08:33 AM
This is going be real hard not to ride this week with the weather around 50 and with lots of sun.
But with all the salt on the road I can't. I always wait for a good rain to wash all that crap off the roads.
Right now when you see a car going down the road there is a cloud of white salt in the air and I can't do that to my bike.
Times like this I wish I had my old dirt bike to ride.J

Times like this I wish I lived almost ANYWHERE else!

But spring sure is purrdy

Cheesyryder
03-09-2015, 08:39 AM
It's hard to wait, but can still see piles of salt on the roads. GRRR!!

2bikemike
03-09-2015, 08:44 AM
This is when those beat up worn out bikes you see for a couple hundred look appealing. Who cares what the salt does to them.

Fla_rider
03-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Temperatures here are expected to reach the nineties this week. So much for spring, Florida is jumping straight into Summer. Only salt in sight is at the beach!

:stirthepot::icon_cool:

Tedubya
03-09-2015, 09:34 AM
I got the F6B out and rode yesterday. It was too nice not to. I'll pay for it while I'm cleaning salt residue out of every corner but it was worth it.

JackB
03-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Temperatures here are expected to reach the nineties this week. So much for spring, Florida is jumping straight into Summer. Only salt in sight is at the beach!

:stirthepot::icon_cool:

I would Ride that in the salt and it would be fun to clean the salt off after the ride.

Limoles
03-09-2015, 01:54 PM
14 years old girl comes back home from night out and awaited mother immediately asked :
- Did you have sex with any boy ?
No Mommy , but John showed me only his wewe .
- So , tell me now . Did he have impressive size ?
I don't know Mom , but I can tell you - it was very salty .

Paul B Blues
03-09-2015, 02:10 PM
We're getting a battering just now, the wind and rain will certainly rid us of all that salt.

shooter
03-09-2015, 03:58 PM

Poor thing has salt all over that thing. That's all I can say. Phantom is watching me close.

:stirthepot::icon_cool::poke::shock:

cosborn
03-09-2015, 04:02 PM
27c in Canberra today, think I'll go for a ride.

Sorry

Chris

opas ride
03-09-2015, 04:23 PM
14 years old girl comes back home from night out and awaited mother immediately asked :
- Did you have sex with any boy ?
No Mommy , but John showed me only his wewe .
- So , tell me now . Did he have impressive size ?
I don't know Mom , but I can tell you - it was very salty .

I am fairly open minded and surely not a "prude" but this is a little heavy for this board in my opinion...Being the father of daughters and having 11 Granddaughters I really did not appreciate this kind of humor on this open board....Sorry, not meant to offend just stating how I felt about this posting!!!

shooter
03-09-2015, 04:40 PM
I am fairly open minded and surely not a "prude" but this is a little heavy for this board in my opinion...Being the father of daughters and having 11 Granddaughters I really did not appreciate this kind of humor on this open board....Sorry, not meant to offend just stating how I felt about this posting!!!

I think you make a valid point Opas. We should be able to make our fun a little cleaner. Most of us have kids. It don't have to be G rated but it dont have to be R rated either.

Steve 0080
03-09-2015, 04:44 PM
Fla_rider beat me to it...... tasting salt......:nono:

Ixol Phaane
03-09-2015, 07:38 PM

I think you make a valid point Opas. We should be able to make our fun a little cleaner. Most of us have kids. It don't have to be G rated but it dont have to be R rated either.

+1

gray rider
03-09-2015, 07:53 PM
In 1973 I rode my BMW right through the winter months. The salt usage was less in those days but the bike ended up quite damaged. The wheel bearings failed and the exposed aluminum, which was pretty much everything not painted, was irreversibly etched and pitted. Numerous other small parts rusted and the control cables were shot. Our roads are really salty right now so even though it will be a very premature 50-60 degrees this week the bikes are not coming out until it rains hard a couple of times. The salt damage is just not worth the trade off for an early ride.

vstar09
03-09-2015, 08:06 PM
I agree

blackmetoc
03-09-2015, 08:33 PM
I brought the bike to Norfolk from Southern MD, near Pax Naval Station. The yard was covered in snow and ice, so I had to get the plywood out and make a moving road up to the street. Once I did that, I got about 300 miles in! I washed and waxed it today to fight the salt.

Limoles
03-09-2015, 09:41 PM
It wasn't a joke or fictional story , but authentic fragment of Monica Lewinsky's memoirs from her early age recalls, whose autobiography is publicly available in her book "Shame and Survival" . Bill Clinton , scrutinized by nation for his scandal , left dirty stain on the American reputation and his office . I'm sure , that all adults and teenagers from any backgrounds were familiar with this story , unless hypocritically separated from the real world . However , to those who found themselves abashed , or got offended , my apology for printing it shall apply . There is to much salt anyway ...

er.medic
03-09-2015, 09:42 PM
I brought the bike to Norfolk from Southern MD, near Pax Naval Station. The yard was covered in snow and ice, so I had to get the plywood out and make a moving road up to the street. Once I did that, I got about 300 miles in! I washed and waxed it today to fight the salt.

Now thats dedication :041:

shooter
03-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Limoles I like humor as much as the next guy. The thing is we owe it to ourselves to be ambassadors for the sport. To make our bike and forum the most prestigous out there. For strangers to troll our forum and say hey,I want to be part of that. I've been quilty of some questionable behavior of late and someone brought it to my attention. I took it to heart. I'm gonna try to do better. Like I said it don't have to be G rated. Just not R. I'm not the boss around here. Everyone can do as they please. For my part I'm just going to try to make my posts family friendly. PG at the worst. You're alright buddy. Mostly I like your stuff. You have a unique perspective and you bring a lit of humor to the board.

Limoles
03-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Where could I find better evaluation ? You see - I like honesty and since I'm not "saint" , sometimes did express my darker side , which we all have and should correct once in a while . For this moment , you empowered me and that's what counts .

terrydj
03-10-2015, 04:34 AM
30 deg C here on the Gold Coast in sunny Qld and theirs a lot of salt in the air from the beach:icon_cool: