PDA

View Full Version : Typical Canberra Drivers

cosborn
03-12-2015, 01:19 AM
This is typical of the accidents here in Canberra where i live with most cars tail gating and speeding. When an accident happens you can see the drivers standing by their cars scratching their heads and wondering "how did that happen"

Chris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BiczTfhmuI&feature=youtu.be

Denisr
03-12-2015, 04:06 AM
Isn't that typical in this town, most people drive to close to the car/bike in front and you get this, lucky the rider walked away from it.

Limoles
03-12-2015, 07:17 AM
It happened everywhere . Distractions of many types , ignorance and over-confidence , luck of respect or experience .
Long list of many things , which are crying for improvement .

I this scene , luckily rider was able .... to walk again.

Westernbiker
03-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Well what do ya expect, they are all driving on the wrong side of the ROAD!:icon_mrgreen:

RickJ
03-12-2015, 03:20 PM
That pisses me off so much. I try to give bikers even greater distance and I'm extra careful around them. That there were several cars unable to stop in time is even more disgusting. If someone is tailgating, I was taught to increase the cushion between me and the car in front of me so I could brake gradually if there is a stop in front of me. Yes, slow down if you are being tailgated.

cosborn
03-12-2015, 03:52 PM
What's this wrong side of the road, now take this on-board.
We have only been here in AU for 200 years and during that time we have been studying the way you guys drive and it's given us a chance to evaluate and decide that there is a better side of the road to drive on......so there

Hey Rick, our problem as bike riders is that we have learned to watch everything around us and i think that transfers to car driving.

Cheers and safe riding

Chris

RickJ
03-12-2015, 05:01 PM
What's this wrong side of the road, now take this on-board.
We have only been here in AU for 200 years and during that time we have been studying the way you guys drive and it's given us a chance to evaluate and decide that there is a better side of the road to drive on......so there

Hey Rick, our problem as bike riders is that we have learned to watch everything around us and i think that transfers to car driving.

Cheers and safe riding

Chris

That bike driver/car driver is interesting. I was once in the car backing out and totally didn't see a biker coming across my path- it was doubly embarrassing, because as a biker, I'm sensitive when drivers do that. When I caught up with him- I profusely apologized for being unaware...it also taught me that sometimes even careful drivers don't see bikes!

OTOH here in NY, driving and cell phoning is illegal- if I see someone doing it, I have no qualms about pointing that out to them- sometimes nicely sometimes not.

srt8-in-largo
03-12-2015, 09:22 PM
So how do you keep this from happening again?

You run back to the pickup truck that caused this mess, yank him out, and beat the Foster beer out of his ass. Now he'll have something to remember when his mind wanders when driving again.

Limoles
03-12-2015, 11:22 PM
OTOH here in NY, driving and cell phoning is illegal- if I see someone doing it, I have no qualms about pointing that out to them- sometimes nicely sometimes not.[/QUOTE]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This TEXTING is like disease . So many accidents related to it . Now I've found new SYNDROME related to unconcerned "texteres" , who are SLOWING TRAFFIC or even blocking 2 lanes . Sick bustards !!!