PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Signals

shooter
03-13-2015, 09:05 AM
Just so no body makes the same mistake I did. I wanted some smoked front turn signal lenses. I've had good success with Wingstuff. So I ordered them. Went to install them and found out the foam seal around the edge must be optional. Checked around and couldn't find the proper size. Couldn't take the old stuff off mine. Had to buy a $10 roll of camper foam and cut it down. They turned out nice but I think the product sucks. Check before you buy guys.

Stone Laker
03-13-2015, 11:38 AM
If you buy the Show Chrome lights from Wing Stuff they have the foam on them.

shooter
03-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Yeah , now you tell me. No seriously thanks. I should have posted up and asked. I just found it ridiculous that they came without it.

98valk
03-13-2015, 01:41 PM
I used stick on foam weather stripping on mine.

I know it's too late, but might help someone else.

Elroy
03-13-2015, 03:07 PM
I actually read that they did not come with the foam on a comment someone left on the product page I think. I plan on ordering the swtichback kits from SoCal, they come with the foam as well.

srt8-in-largo
03-13-2015, 05:56 PM
Well that sux; thanks for sharing.

I never noticed before but I just took a close look at the product photos of the WingStuff and ShowChrome parts; sure enough, Wingstuff=no foam, Showchrome=foam.

I guess I got lucky; I bought my Showchromes without realizing the difference.

MOJO
05-01-2015, 08:05 AM
Yep I did the same thing and had to use weather stripping. Why new foam gaskets are not included is beyond me. Really, re-use the old foam which you will rear or mess it up....

SoCal Rich
05-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Yep I did the same thing and had to use weather stripping. Why new foam gaskets are not included is beyond me. Really, re-use the old foam which you will rear or mess it up....

You should get them from SoCalMotoGear.com. They do a great job.