PDA

View Full Version : The BIG Questions answered

terrydj
03-13-2015, 09:10 PM
Why has my Black bike got paint swirls??????
Because its Black????? never had a black vehicle before?????

Why hasn't the F6b Got??????
Because your seeing eye dog can't talk and your hearing aids were out when the F6B was being described to you???

My F6B isn't as fast as I???????
That's because its a big fat tourer that's comfortable and designed to do what it does at touring speeds and not a stripped down sports bike.

I wish it would warm up so I could go for a ride??????
Its called Global Warming??????
Ring and tell Al Gore he's got it back the front because it never used to snow and be cold before you brought your bike?

Why hasn't the F6B got????????
Because? the people that have built basically the same bike for 40 years thought that it never needed it because they built a bike that did????

Why have I lost money on my bike???????
Because you are not going to pay the same amount that someone did for the same bike a year or more ago????

I have been thinking of selling the bike and getting another Harley????
You should.:yes:
I mean you should support a company, that makes a motorcycle that has brakes that don't work, a styling that's at least 40 years old, panniers that don't work, lighting that doesn't work, still has an external pushrod motor, a company that says it American but has most of its parts made outside of America including heaps of their bikes. and only make Motorcycles so they can sell their aftermarket product which actually keeps the company afloat????
Ohhhh and it will give yah an excuse to wear your collection of Harley Davidson merchandise, as you should, because a Vaughn Beals said???? everyone can't afford a Harley but everyone can afford a T-shirt

See simple. I have just solved a heap of major oh so important things to be concerned about:icon_cool:

shooter
03-13-2015, 09:22 PM
I think Terry has lost it. He's asking and answering his own questions.

BIGLRY
03-13-2015, 09:59 PM
I think Terry has lost it. He's asking and answering his own questions.Yea, but at lest he has the answers correct.:301:

vstar09
03-13-2015, 10:11 PM
I agree

Kurare79
03-13-2015, 10:43 PM
... and HD is the only motorcycle company in the world that earns more money with merchandise than with selling it's motorcycles - and i have to admit i am impressed by that fact :icon_biggrin:

Interesting dialogue with your alter ego, Terry! I am talking every late evening after work with my self at dinner. My wife asks me, why i always talk to myself and not with her. I always answer, when asked this, "because i get the answers i want to hear" :icon_mrgreen:

terrydj
03-13-2015, 11:14 PM
... and HD is the only motorcycle company in the world that earns more money with merchandise than with selling it's motorcycles - and i have to admit i am impressed by that fact :icon_biggrin:

Interesting dialogue with your alter ego, Terry! I am talking every late evening after work with my self at dinner. My wife asks me, why i always talk to myself and not with her. I always answer, when asked this, "because i get the answers i want to hear" :icon_mrgreen:

And mate its in the Book.
Years ago Harley brought out their little black book with Harley logo in silver on the cover.
tells yah all about how Harley used the so called Harley lifestyle to sell their bike and to start off their merchandise campaign
Harley Davidson would never recognized the so called Outlaw Motorcycle clubs and others using their motorcycles. They always marketed them towards mom and dad and kid going to college. But along comes Vaughn Beals and his team of merry men and how things have changed.
In their own words, they have a club "HOG" where American accountants can play dress up on a Sunday and pretend to be something their not
And all brought from Harley
Even the stick on Tattoos and Aftershave and the cups to drink their Latte's out of :icon_cool:

chipmaker
03-13-2015, 11:24 PM
Seems like someone is very insecure. Another harley post, too funny.

Amipro
03-14-2015, 04:37 AM
I think Terry has lost it. He's asking and answering his own questions.

As long as he doesn't argue with himself he's OK. But if he loses the arguments we may need an intervention! :icon_mrgreen:

Rock on mate!

Retired Army
03-14-2015, 05:23 AM
How bout we just cut to the chase?

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

If all riders adopted this philosophy, all rides would be utopian.

phlaug
03-14-2015, 07:36 AM

"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility, it's right. If it disturbs you, it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." - Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

Very well said. (I read that book in college but it didn't do anything for me -- I wish I retained this quote, so broadly applicable, and could end so many pointless arguments: what's good for you isn't necessarily good for me and vice versa.)

Thank you, sir!

DaWadd
03-14-2015, 07:55 AM

You hit the nail on the head. :yes:

BIGLRY
03-14-2015, 12:00 PM

If all riders adopted this philosophy, all rides would be utopian.And has been my philosophy towards MC ownership all my life!
"I don't care what you ride, only that you ride" is another of my favs :301:

shooter
03-14-2015, 02:00 PM
That was deep Army. I didn't sleep much last night. I may have to think on that one for awhile.

opas ride
03-14-2015, 02:39 PM
You hit the nail on the head. :yes:

Makes sense to me....If you enjoy your ride and it gives one the satisfaction they need/want, spend their money on it, whose business is it to find fault or criticize the brand of motorcycle they ride!!!......

shooter
03-14-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm good now. Opas broke it down for me. I agree.

Rcx
03-16-2015, 02:03 AM
There will always be those that can't make a decision
And expect others to make them feel that they have
I have no sympathy for them - as they are lost
And I don't have the energy or desire to justify their indecision
You only live once life is short -go for passion -or not
I love my "B"
Peace

53driver
03-16-2015, 02:58 PM
I'm good now. Opas broke it down for me. I agree.

Well, as soon as "Retired Army" posts the sentences that come before and after that line, you'll be staying awake fer sure....

marmilia
03-17-2015, 01:02 PM

I like anything with two wheels but I love my F6B. All my friends ride Harleys and if that makes them happy that's fine with me...... but it is nice when I have let a few of my Harley riding friends ride my bike and all they say when they get off of it is WOW.

terrydj
03-21-2015, 09:03 AM
I like anything with two wheels but I love my F6B. All my friends ride Harleys and if that makes them happy that's fine with me...... but it is nice when I have let a few of my Harley riding friends ride my bike and all they say when they get off of it is WOW.

Yeah,
Wow it stops
Wow it handles
Wow it corners
Wow its smooth
Wow its comfortable
Wow it gets great MPG
Wow its pretty
Wow its modern??????
Wow wonder how much I will lose on my Harley as a trade in
Wow wonder what I will do with my T-shirt collection ????:icon_cool: