PDA

View Full Version : First Production Cobra Six-2-Six Muffler

CobraUSA
07-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Hey guys,

Below you will find a picture of the first production Six-2-Six Slip-On for the F6B. We spent a little extra R&D time on this in order to get all of the brackets hidden, and the sound perfect! These puppies should be shipping the end of next week, so you guys with pre-orders are not too far off. Thanks for your time and interest!

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p368/mxperson89/First-F6B-Production-Pipe.jpg (http://s345.photobucket.com/user/mxperson89/media/First-F6B-Production-Pipe.jpg.html)

chipmaker
07-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Hey guys,

Below you will find a picture of the first production Six-2-Six Slip-On for the F6B. We spent a little extra R&D time on this in order to get all of the brackets hidden, and the sound perfect! These puppies should be shipping the end of next week, so you guys with pre-orders are not too far off. Thanks for your time and interest!

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p368/mxperson89/First-F6B-Production-Pipe.jpg (http://s345.photobucket.com/user/mxperson89/media/First-F6B-Production-Pipe.jpg.html)

Okay, u know we are waiting for a no-music YouTube video showing production pipes and the sound, with and without baffles.

Thanks!!

GiddyupF6B
07-10-2013, 07:05 PM
And how long for the black ones????

Cool Hand Luke
07-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Like the looks, I also need to hear them before pulling the trigger. Please do a video with sound soon. Thanks!

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-10-2013, 10:55 PM

What Giddyup said! :thumb:

bobbyf6b
07-10-2013, 11:58 PM
I want. I want. I want. I want. Did I mention I want those? :clap2:

chipmaker
07-11-2013, 12:32 AM
I want. I want. I want. I want. Did I mention I want those? :clap2:

Good, at least I know where I can hear them!!!

Texas TC
07-11-2013, 08:50 AM
There sure are a lot of crevaces to have to try to clean after road grime gets all over them, black or chrome. Just sayin'.

thunder217
07-11-2013, 09:03 AM
I love the look of these pipes but I just can't pull the trigger at that price for slipons. They are only creating a new sound why the tremendous cost. I just don't think they are work the price for just a different sound. The price will have to come down to be more around the other manufactures for Goldwing pipes to get me to pull the trigger. Would a group by help the price? :shock:

CobraUSA
07-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Okay, u know we are waiting for a no-music YouTube video showing production pipes and the sound, with and without baffles.

Thanks!!

I will work on a video without music, but for now you can listen to the sound through this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6_kV6SXxAM

Black should ship roughly a month after chrome.

I love the look of these pipes but I just can't pull the trigger at that price for slipons. They are only creating a new sound why the tremendous cost. I just don't think they are work the price for just a different sound. The price will have to come down to be more around the other manufactures for Goldwing pipes to get me to pull the trigger. Would a group by help the price? :shock:

We don't sell direct, so a group buy would be something that a dealer would have to offer.

Thanks!

Dmoon64
07-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Is there a dyno run comparing these pipes with the stock pipes?

bobbyf6b
07-11-2013, 11:01 AM

Look at the work that went into these. They're not just single straight pipes. Some things in life are expensive cuz they're worth it. :icon_cool:

CobraUSA
07-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Is there a dyno run comparing these pipes with the stock pipes?

We don't have one as of now, and honestly I don't know if a slip-on will make a huge difference in Horsepower since they do not remove the catalytic converter.

Look at the work that went into these. They're not just straight pipes. Some things in life are expensive cuz they're worth it. :icon_cool:

Thank you bobby!

Dmoon64
07-11-2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the response.

Racer X
07-11-2013, 12:49 PM
I had cobra slept pipes on my end M109R... And I love the look and sound of them... I'm getting the 6-2-6 Cobras For my F6B .. One because of the badass look Two because of the sound.. the horsepower gains are not important to me... I'm not going to a race track ..this bike is plenty powerful... And if I could even 2 xtra HP ...that's a plus.. But no matter, don't get it twisted.. Speed, handling, cornering and comfort I run rings around any M109R out there.. Or just about any other bagger on the road.. Honda knocked it out of the park with this one I love this bike can't wait till I'm done tricking it out!! I'm not rich so, it'll be a little while, but pictures to follow!! :icon_cool:

yellowskeeter1
07-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Nice! With all the bends, arches and pipes there is a lot of work that goes in to those.

GiddyupF6B
07-11-2013, 04:30 PM
So still looking at about 6 weeks for the black finish? That's too bad, I know a few people who have been patiently waiting for this pipe in black when the original finish date was pushed back.

Racer X
07-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Yep..sounds awesome.. However because my bike is red.. I think I'm going to stick with the Chrome version.. Although I am very interested to see what the black ceramic pipes look like! I'm picturing a gloss black finish for ceramic ..might be really cool!!
... & then again .. the black ceramic might look awesome on my bike!! Guess we'll just have to wait and see!!! :icon_rolleyes: .. Decisions Decisions.. I'm shooting for the majority of my custom parts to be black sooo..hmmmmmm!?!?!? :icon_doh:

Racer X
07-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Hey guys,

Question; I'd really like to know if the blk ceramic pipes with be gloss or flat.. And what will the cost difference be from the Chrome... For me that'll determine whether I get the chrome or wait for the ceramic black,.. A lil feedback please!! Thx

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-13-2013, 12:13 AM
There sure are a lot of crevaces to have to try to clean after road grime gets all over them

Yes, that would be annoying.

troypennock
07-16-2013, 04:30 PM
I had 2Bros 6x6 on my Valkyrie Std and Cobra 6x6 on my Valkyrie Interstate. They were not that hard to clean, just used a thin damp rag to weave in and out the pipes and with a Chattanooga Shoe Shine Boy motion go up and down each stack. Two minutes per side.

Westernbiker
07-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Yes, that would be annoying.

Had them on my Valkyrie and YES! they are a pain in the A$$ to clean! I will not be putting them on my F6B. :nono:

CobraUSA
07-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Question; I'd really like to know if the blk ceramic pipes with be gloss or flat.. And what will the cost difference be from the Chrome... For me that'll determine whether I get the chrome or wait for the ceramic black,.. A lil feedback please!! Thx

Hey! The Black ceramic pipes will be a matte finish, not gloss. Also, pricing will be the same as chrome!

Just an update for those of you who have these on order. They will be shipping next week, so your dealer should have them in two weeks at the latest. The black option will be available in 4 weeks.

Thanks!

mtcgun
08-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Just cancelled my order for them! Cruiser customizing just told me end of September before they come in. I ordered in May. They dont instill much confidence in me by taking so long. Guess i'll just mod my current pipes instead. CobraUSA, if they are really shipping in a week, why dont you tell your distributors that? they just lost my business.. And if you have told them, Cruiser Cust just blew smoke up my A#*, and I dont like that either.

From Cruiser Customizing:

Good day,
Before we cancel your order, I want to give you an idea of what's going
on with these pipes. Cobra has yet to release them. They are a brand new set of
exhaust that are still in production, no one has these pipes yet. So if you were
to cancel your order and maybe go try and order them elsewhere, you'll basically
be going to the back of the line and may end up waiting even longer. Right now
we're looking at September 27th as an ETA. We can and will cancel the order if
you'd like, I just want to inform you of this first. Go ahead and reply to this
email and let us know what you'd like to do and we'll handle it right away.

dgman2
08-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Just cancelled my order for them! Cruiser customizing just told me end of September before they come in. I ordered in May. They dont instill much confidence in me by taking so long. Guess i'll just mod my current pipes instead. CobraUSA, if they are really shipping in a week, why dont you tell your distributors that? they just lost my business.. And if you have told them, Cruiser Cust just blew smoke up my A#*, and I dont like that either.

From Cruiser Customizing:

Good day,
Before we cancel your order, I want to give you an idea of what's going
on with these pipes. Cobra has yet to release them. They are a brand new set of
exhaust that are still in production, no one has these pipes yet. So if you were
to cancel your order and maybe go try and order them elsewhere, you'll basically
be going to the back of the line and may end up waiting even longer. Right now
we're looking at September 27th as an ETA. We can and will cancel the order if
you'd like, I just want to inform you of this first. Go ahead and reply to this
email and let us know what you'd like to do and we'll handle it right away.

I too cancelled my order because of the wait. If there is going to be such a long line after they finally go into production, maybe the process is just to slow. I do want the pipes, but months of waiting just seems ridiculous.

gamersince1976
08-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Hey! The Black ceramic pipes will be a matte finish, not gloss. Also, pricing will be the same as chrome!

Just an update for those of you who have these on order. They will be shipping next week, so your dealer should have them in two weeks at the latest. The black option will be available in 4 weeks.

Thanks!

Well, that's good news about the black pipes costing the same as the chrome. As for the delay (and delay, and delay...) I've given up on getting pipes anytime soon. I came close to adding the Cobra pipes to the financing when I bought the bike.

In May.

I'm really glad I didn't now. This is my first experience with such a brand-new motorcycle, though I guess it's just like any other product. Early adopters have the most delays. They're the kind of extended beta-testers. I love the bike enough that it's still worth it - but to curb any more frustration I'm putting further modifications on the back burner until about January.