PDA

View Full Version : Dyna Beads for Balencing

Phantom
05-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Original post by "Steve 0080"

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php

FlyinF
05-09-2013, 11:44 AM
Been using dyna beads for years, they are great. Bike rides smooth as a baby's axx. Greatly reduces cupping, actually hadn't had cupping in a long time and no "wobble". Once had a tire replaced and they didn't have equipment to balance, no worries beads did the trick.

Bruce B
05-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Dyna Beads sound so good that it makes one wonder why they aren't in universal use.

I have a couple of questions:

When mounting new tires and adding the beads, would normal balancing with weights be advisable?, optional?, wrong?, etc.?

This may be a rather dumb question. Can the Dyna Beads be added to inflated bike tires? I'd like to add the beads now but the tires have only about 1,500 miles on them and I don't really want to go to the time and expense of having them taken off to add the beads. If the tire needs to be deflated to add the beads, it would seem that this could be done on the centerstand. Right or wrong?

The Dyna Bead site mentioned a filtered valve stem. That's an unfamiliar term to me. Can anyone explain that to me?

Thanks to all who have experience with the Dyna Beads and can help with my questions.

FlyinF
05-29-2013, 01:37 PM
If a tire is balanced perfectly to the wheel/rotating group you would not need anything, and perfect balance would require using the "spin" method. Most shops use the old bubble type which gets you in the ball park but not perfect..........that is where beads come in. When I replace a tire I get it balanced because its a good way to know the tire is good (years ago I bought a tire and it was way out of balance and had to be returned to manufacturer), to finish the process I use beads. Once a tire is mounted you have to remove the valve core to install beads (you can buy application bottle with tube). You don't need center stand, just place tire with valve stem at six o'clock position, remove core, install beads (you will have to take your time to get all those little beads fitted down the valve stem, also when all beads are in and before you screw the core in tap the valve body couple times to assure no beads in threads). Some people complain that the little beads get in the valve core and cause slow leak, I never had that problem........but remember when checking tire pressure or adding air you want valve stem to be in position where beads won't fall down into the valve stem. I guess the filtered valve stem is to keep beads away from fouling the core............like I said, I never had leaks and I've been using dynabeads since 2008 on an ST1300. I now have beads in F6B, Super Tenere and 650 Burgman. They are cheap enough to try, if not satisfied try something else. Search the net and you can find good prices for a good size bag which I need for all the bikes I have.

Steve 0080
05-29-2013, 04:35 PM
The only thing beter than Dyna Beads would be....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqkBfEHYzxw

Buy it for a ATV...cheaper, same stuff!!!