PDA

View Full Version : Collectors Item in your garage? Maybe???

Old Ryder
03-16-2015, 01:45 PM
I was able to spend parts of 5 days in Daytona last week and saw a total of 8 F6Bs--not counting the ones on display.

The fact that there are new 13s still out there at very discounted prices makes me believe they may not be the best sellers--- at least not at this time. I love mine and it isn't going anywhere.

Thinking ahead, these bikes may have a path similar to the Valkyries and/or Rune. Wings will always be here stay, so finding parts is not an issue, but the fact that these bikes are few and far between makes me think they may be very desirable later on.

Just the thoughts of a crazy old man and a keyboard.

shooter
03-16-2015, 02:04 PM
Just as soon as they quit making them that's when everyone will find out that its the best all around bike in the universe.

53driver
03-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Did 1000+ miles yesterday to get back from Daytona....It was almost too easy, except for the 95 between Richmond and DC....
Alien technology.

F6B1911
03-16-2015, 04:00 PM
Did 1000+ miles yesterday to get back from Daytona....It was almost too easy, except for the 95 between Richmond and DC....
Alien technology.

Is this the first Iron Butt on a F6B on this forum?

53driver
03-16-2015, 04:18 PM

With all the Dark Siders getting "billions of miles", I sure wouldn't think so....:stirthepot:

grendl
03-16-2015, 07:30 PM
With all the Dark Siders getting "billions of miles", I sure wouldn't think so....:stirthepot:

I doubt it's the first but I ran the official Iron butt last summer on my F6. I didn't plan it very well so it took me 25 hours to get back so no certificate. Did get a pin and T-shirt.
I am going to do it again this year - this time for the certification.
The bike -excellent !

bobbyf6b
03-16-2015, 09:38 PM

Nope. I did one almost two years ago. There are more members that have too.

SpeedyWho
03-16-2015, 09:48 PM
I'd bet Miles was one of the first if not thee first to Iron butt an F6B. I did 1140 something last June. There's a bunch of guys that have done it already.

Jimmytee
03-16-2015, 10:05 PM
I was able to spend parts of 5 days in Daytona last week and saw a total of 8 F6Bs--not counting the ones on display.

The fact that there are new 13s still out there at very discounted prices makes me believe they may not be the best sellers--- at least not at this time. I love mine and it isn't going anywhere.

Thinking ahead, these bikes may have a path similar to the Valkyries and/or Rune. Wings will always be here stay, so finding parts is not an issue, but the fact that these bikes are few and far between makes me think they may be very desirable later on.

Maybe, I think the steam is building up a bit on the F6B though. Just my opinion, but I think the first couple of years there just wasn't that much recognition of the model out there. Just from my personal experience, but how many here can testify to people asking you what kind of bike is that when looking at your F6B. I've had people stare in disbelief when I tell them it is a Gold Wing. Then you couple that with prospective buyers who were "in the know" but maybe declined because of the exclusion of "cruise control" and the 15s removed that objection. Maybe optimism, but I think he 15s are not going to be sitting around as long as the 13s did. As far as being classic , while they are a unique Gold Wing, not sure I'd say they will hold the same endearment that the classic Valkyrie has from it's fan base.

hiflyer
03-16-2015, 11:55 PM
I did 1063 to Franklin last year on Friday and 60 miles less than that on Sunday coming home. Missed a turn on the way out. Never thought I needed the IBA or anyone else to verify my 1k mile days.

srt8-in-largo
03-17-2015, 01:16 AM
This bike has too much going for it to be a 3 year wonder... I predict it'll catch on soon... we'll start seeing a bunch more on the road... and it'll be in production until they revamp the Goldwing, at which point Honda will revamp the F6B.

Old Ryder
03-17-2015, 08:05 AM
Even if they keep making them, you still don't see many of them.

ff73148
03-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Collector's bike or not. I'm not going to make the same mistake I made with my 2001 Valkyrie. I sold my Valkyrie for a "I don't remember which bike". The F6B is staying for the long haul. Love this bike.

blackmetoc
03-20-2015, 06:25 PM
I pulled into the bank, and was parking and a girl pulled up and said, "I love that bike. My dad has one but his is blue. He won't get off of it!" :icon_biggrin:

Limoles
03-21-2015, 12:14 AM
I pulled into the bank, and was parking and a girl pulled up and said, "I love that bike. My dad has one but his is blue. He won't get off of it!" :icon_biggrin:

All signs indicate it was 2015 model , but you didn't say , what you've done to this girl , when her father was still sitting on his B ?

In my small collection , I keep only 1950 BMW R-51 and 1969 Husqvarna 350-R . Modern Iconic Rune still in use , but one day will be displayed in bullet proof glossy cage , as a one of the most beautiful bike ever made .