PDA

View Full Version : Cover for passenger backrest removal

Hornblower
07-11-2013, 11:08 AM
I have the black deluxe model with the passenger backrest. Since I rarely have a passenger, I removed the passenger backrest and that leaves 4 empty bolt holes. Is there a cover that goes over these holes and makes for a more finished look? I'm assuming the non-deluxe models come with this cover, right?

Racer X
07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I have the black deluxe model with the passenger backrest. Since I rarely have a passenger, I removed the passenger backrest and that leaves 4 empty bolt holes. Is there a cover that goes over these holes and makes for a more finished look? I'm assuming the non-deluxe models come with this cover, right?
Yep... The non-deluxe models have a different covering there...check with ur dealer..he should be able to help!! (Let me know what he says)
peace..:icon_cool:

Hornblower
07-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Yep... The non-deluxe models have a different covering there...check with ur dealer..he should be able to help!! (Let me know what he says)
peace..:icon_cool:

Thanks, Racer X, I'll look into that. Usually, I'm mostly interested in safety and performance mods but somehow, on this bike, I'm thinking about looks too. :icon_biggrin:

F6B-RICH
07-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks, Racer X, I'll look into that. Usually, I'm mostly interested in safety and performance mods but somehow, on this bike, I'm thinking about looks too. :icon_biggrin:

Hornblower keep us informed.I to would like a cover when backrest is not on.

Hornblower
07-12-2013, 03:51 PM
I'll post with what I figure out. Another option, I suppose, would be to add some kind of rack back there. I'm not too crazy about the OEM rear carrier especially since it's rated at something like 6 lbs. I believe, at this point, I would just rather have no rack and a smooth, finished look.

F6B-RICH
07-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I'll post with what I figure out. Another option, I suppose, would be to add some kind of rack back there. I'm not too crazy about the OEM rear carrier especially since it's rated at something like 6 lbs. I believe, at this point, I would just rather have no rack and a smooth, finished look.

:agree: A 6 lbs rear rack rating is no good for me. Most of the times my lunch box alone is over that rating.