PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakyn Ultra Tour bag

coachk
03-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Gonna be taking a trip up to South Dakota and back down through Colorado in June...bout 8 days worth. Just ordered this bag, hope it's got plenty of room!!ha Anyone have one and how do ya like it?

Elroy
03-17-2015, 03:45 PM
Let us know how you like it. It's on my list of possible luggage. Along with the daily tour bag that goes nicely with it.

53driver
03-17-2015, 06:49 PM
I have taken the Kury "Gran Trailer Bag" on three trips now.
Great bag, lots of room.
Fits great on the MP3 rack.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/682/grantraveler-bag

edgeman55
03-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Great bag, lots of room.

+1 I have this bag also-very well made so I'm sure the other one will be as well made.What I like about the Gran Traveler bag is as said it fits well to the MP3 rack and it has a handle and rollers for when I get to the Hotel-which is my idea of roughing it now days.

yabiah
03-17-2015, 07:51 PM
I have taken the Kury "GranTraveler" bag on three trips now.
Great bag, lots of room.

I too have the Kuryakyn GranTraveler.
You'll never want for more with this piece of luggage!
I keep mine strapped behind me on the Mustang seat.

coachk
03-17-2015, 08:50 PM
I looked at the Grand traveler bag but picked the ultra tour cause it was cheaper...got it for $106 shipped so figured it was worth a try!

srt8-in-largo
03-17-2015, 09:29 PM
Nice bag... I just added this to my list of candidates.

The website says "weather resistant"... well what the hell does that mean; will it keep your stuff dry in a downpour?

sksfox
03-17-2015, 09:48 PM
After buying the T-Bag I was at the local mall and saw almost the same style travel bag that would have been great for 1/3 the money (69 bucks) :banghead:
The mall bag was waterproof and had wheels,I would sell mine(T BAG W/wheels) and go get the one at the local mall. (all they sold was luggage)
Gonna be taking a trip up to South Dakota and back down through Colorado in June...bout 8 days worth. Just ordered this bag, hope it's got plenty of room!!ha Anyone have one and how do ya like it?

Fla_rider
03-18-2015, 07:42 AM
Great bag, lots of room.

It looks wide, does it affect your antena?

six2go
03-18-2015, 09:09 AM
I tend to be a "Gear Junkie" so I have accumulated/tried several different travel bags over the years. One of my favorites is the medium size "Moto-Fizz" camping seat bag, from Aerostich. It holds a lot of stuff and is expandable. My only complaint with it is that you need to use the rain cover to make it waterproof. I can get 6-7 days worth of clothing & other items in this bag. The large size is monstrous.
Last year I bought a "Kriega US-30 Tail bag" and a "Kreiga US-10 Pack Add-On" from Rev Zilla. This combo is truly waterproof without extra rain covers and it holds as much as my Moto-Fizz. I think this is my favorite travel bag(at this time).
If riding solo, I think you could use both bags if needed. I use the Kreiga strapped lengthwise on the seat & part of the luggage rack, but it can be placed across the seat which would leave room for the Moto-Fizz on the luggage rack.
I like to keep items that apply to the bike plus my rain gear in the saddlebags and my personals that go into the hotel(yes, I rough it also)in the travel bags. Both of my travel bags are "easy on, easy off" with the nod going to the Kreiga system.
I know this is a "wordy" answer, but I'm just tryin' to bring to light some products that maybe not everyone has heard about or experienced.

Jimmytee
03-18-2015, 11:22 AM
I like to keep items that apply to the bike plus my rain gear in the saddlebags and my personals that go into the hotel(yes, I rough it also)in the travel bags. Both of my .

Yes, years ago when I got out of the Army, I said I ws done with camping and it remains true today. Plus now I have a BPAP machine that I sleep with thay needs to be plugged in. Without it, I don't sleep well at all.

53driver
03-18-2015, 08:02 PM
It looks wide, does it affect your antena?

No. With all the tie downs on the bag, I have it locked in, off to the port side a bit.

Old Ryder
03-19-2015, 03:19 PM
After buying the T-Bag I was at the local mall and saw almost the same style travel bag that would have been great for 1/3 the money (69 bucks) :banghead:
The mall bag was waterproof and had wheels,I would sell mine(T BAG W/wheels) and go get the one at the local mall. (all they sold was luggage)

Hey Fox-- do you have a name or link to the store?

BTW-- I have found better prices on Amazon than Ebay when it comes to luggage. :shhh:

hiflyer
03-19-2015, 11:34 PM

I don't know about that. The t-bag I have (with wheels and retractable handle) has a piece that slides down over the backrest and straps to secure to the rack. Takes 30 secs. to mount and dismount. Mine carries a lot. I have had twenty bags over the years and I like this one best.

srt8-in-largo
03-20-2015, 12:04 AM
I use to shop on eBay a lot, but have seriously curtailed that; there's so much counterfeit garbage on there and eBay doesn't care as long as they're collecting seller fee's. Shady IMO :icon_cool:

coachk
03-27-2015, 09:49 PM
alright, got it in the mail yesterday and was able to put it on bike today. 1st impression is that it's way heavier duty than my last cheap leather luggage and I already like the fact that it has plastic insert to keep its shape! It's not as big as I was thinking it was though. I will probably have to add a topper bag to it for our 8 day trip. Zippers all worked well and there are plenty of d rings to strap down with. The velcro attachment that goes around the passenger backrest is just long enough but isn't able to fit very well because of the shape of the backrest. Overall, I'm happy with it and I'm sure it'll be fine for what I need it for! It came with a carrying strap, 2 tie-down straps, and a heavy duty rain cover.