PDA

View Full Version : Want a GREAT Tip for all your plastic bits??

srt8-in-largo
03-17-2015, 09:04 PM
WipeNew, my friends. WipeNew.

You probably have seen the TV commercials and thought they looked cheesy, well they do look cheesy, but by golly this stuff WORKS.

I did the faded A-pillars on my car 3 or 4 years ago and they still hold a deep black sheen, after just one application.

I recently had my bike torn down for the 12,000 mile maintenance and decided to do all the plastic stuff. After just 12,000 miles in the Florida sun, they were already starting to look dingy. This stuff puts a DEEP black wet-looking sheen on everything... and it's pretty much permanent. No more Armour All'ing every month for those who like their bikes to look detailed.

Some of the plastic bits like the meter panel seem to have some sort of reflective stuff embedded in the plastic. This stuff makes that really pop and glisten kinda sparkly in direct sunlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiMpDESxAzk

hiflyer
03-17-2015, 09:32 PM
Did you do the painted pieces too?

srt8-in-largo
03-17-2015, 09:57 PM
No I didn't; the instructions caution you to not to use it on paint.

Idk what would happen, but I wasn't going to test it :icon_biggrin:

opas ride
03-18-2015, 08:47 AM
WipeNew, my friends. WipeNew.

You probably have seen the TV commercials and thought they looked cheesy, well they do look cheesy, but by golly this stuff WORKS.

I did the faded A-pillars on my car 3 or 4 years ago and they still hold a deep black sheen, after just one application.

I recently had my bike torn down for the 12,000 mile maintenance and decided to do all the plastic stuff. After just 12,000 miles in the Florida sun, they were already starting to look dingy. This stuff puts a DEEP black wet-looking sheen on everything... and it's pretty much permanent. No more Armour All'ing every month for those who like their bikes to look detailed.

Some of the plastic bits like the meter panel seem to have some sort of reflective stuff embedded in the plastic. This stuff makes that really pop and glisten kinda sparkly in direct sunlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiMpDESxAzk
Your dead on my friend!!...Best stuff I have ever used period...Applied to all the nasty looking black trim parts on my old 2004 Taurus over three years ago and they still look like new.....I highly recommend this stuff to anyone....It works!!!

Elroy
03-18-2015, 09:35 AM
No I didn't; the instructions caution you to not to use it on paint.

Idk what would happen, but I wasn't going to test it :icon_biggrin:

Did you use the de-greaser prior to application as the directions/video stated?

Steve 0080
03-18-2015, 10:20 AM
OK...for the magic question.....wait for it...where do you buy it ?????

srt8-in-largo
03-18-2015, 11:28 AM
Your dead on my friend!!...Best stuff I have ever used period...Applied to all the nasty looking black trim parts on my old 2004 Taurus over three years ago and they still look like new.....I highly recommend this stuff to anyone....It works!!!

It's amazing stuff , huh! :icon_biggrin:

Did you use the de-greaser prior to application as the directions/video stated?

No degreaser, per se, but I cleaned with another product I'd like to share... Optimum Power Clean... the hardest working yet gentle and safe all purpose cleaner you'll ever find. I'm sure there might be some degreasing agents in this stuff.

Let the plastic part dry thoroughly after cleaning; the WipeNew acts weird when applied to a wet surface; it kinda schmears around instead of spreading out evenly.

I bought from Amazon, the international neighborhood store. I believe Target stocks it though, and maybe some other brick -n- mortars.

Cool Hand Luke
03-18-2015, 12:27 PM

I bought mine at Walmart.

opas ride
03-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Look up the name on the web-site..It is listed how to purchase...I understand that many auto parts stores are now selling it..I got mine direct from the TV ad a while back..Advertised a lot on the Velocity Channel also.....