PDA

View Full Version : SPLENDID!!!!

USMARINE
03-19-2015, 11:22 AM
Well, after performing my due diligence and considering three bike ( RoadGlide Special, Diavel, and F6B) I know I made the correct decision and purchased the 2015 Grey Matt e last Saturday. The response of the throttle is awesome. I picked the bike up in Chattanooga TN a road 80 miles home On I-75 and had a ton of fun on this machine. I took my wife with me to make the purchase and she fell in love with a decked out 2015 Goldwing, but I convinced her on the practically of the F6b, and its ability to convert it to whatever I want; but its staying as designed; a swift, sleek go-faster.

S/F

jkelley
03-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Good Choice, but wheres the pictures???????

Fla_rider
03-19-2015, 11:31 AM
'welcome gang' from Sunny Florida :th_sunbathe:

The proof is in da pudding!

:postpics:

Try to make the F6B Rally!

USMARINE
03-19-2015, 11:51 AM

Once I figure out how to post them I will share, take care.

S/F

Elroy
03-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Well, after performing my due diligence and considering three bike ( RoadGlide Special, Diavel, and F6B) I know I made the correct decision and purchased the 2015 Grey Matt e last Saturday. The response of the throttle is awesome. I picked the bike up in Chattanooga TN a road 80 miles home On I-75 and had a ton of fun on this machine. I took my wife with me to make the purchase and she fell in love with a decked out 2015 Goldwing, but I convinced her on the practically of the F6b, and its ability to convert it to whatever I want; but its staying as designed; a swift, sleek go-faster.

S/F

Assuming due diligence, did you test ride a Diavel? Those things look mean. My brother has two Monsters, and while I don't care for the aesthetics, they're nice machines.

Congrats on choosing the F6 too btw!! Best thing with an engine I've owned!

srt8-in-largo
03-19-2015, 01:06 PM
Welcome to the legend known as GL1800!

I can't recall... ever... seeing a Ducati dealership. Nice bikes, but my decision for an F6B was weighted at least a little in having parts and dealerships on every corner. God forbid that you'll ever need service, but if you do, you can find it.

Fla_rider
03-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Went to a bike show last month. One tent tried to sell me one of those "gremlin bells". I told them I didn't need it. He said " so you got one huh?" I said no I drive a Honda and the Guy next to me busted out loud laughing.:lolup:

bobbyf6b
03-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Went to a bike show last month. One tent tried to sell me one of those "gremlin bells". I told them I didn't need it. He said " so you got one huh?" I said no I drive a Honda and the Guy next to me busted out loud laughing.:lolup:

That's funny right there! :crackup:

stepbill
03-19-2015, 02:13 PM
Welcome and thanks for your service!

WingThing
03-19-2015, 02:22 PM

Now that is an Outstanding answer. I've been thinking about them damn Bells. Had'em on my Harley's but, you're right. With this bike, not needed. Thanks for the laugh and moment of clarity....:clap2:

And USMARINE, Congrats on your new Wing :yes:

hoglaw
03-19-2015, 02:25 PM
I traded a Road Glide for my F6B. You made the correct decision. It's a lot more bike than the Harley.

Jimmytee
03-19-2015, 02:28 PM
That's a good come back, but I suppose if you believe in bad luck and gremlins, then everything is on the table...:icon_rolleyes::icon_lol:

Honda can't control the nail on the road that goes through your tire because you didn't ward off the bad luck with a bell.:stirthepot::icon_biggrin:

USMARINE
03-19-2015, 02:46 PM
Assuming due diligence, did you test ride a Diavel? Those things look mean. My brother has two Monsters, and while I don't care for the aesthetics, they're nice machines.

Congrats on choosing the F6 too btw!! Best thing with an engine I've owned!

I sure did test drive one over the holidays, very good looking bike with TONS of power, but at this stage of the ball game not for me. Its a well made motorcycle, with a fantastic record.

USMARINE
03-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the legend known as GL1800!

I can't recall... ever... seeing a Ducati dealership. Nice bikes, but my decision for an F6B was weighted at least a little in having parts and dealerships on every corner. God forbid that you'll ever need service, but if you do, you can find it.

Very true dealer availability played a big part in my buying decision. For example, just in about a 15 mile radius I have 3 Honda dealers.

USMARINE
03-19-2015, 02:52 PM
Welcome and thanks for your service!

Same to you, enjoyed all 26.4 years, as I know you did. Take care a ride safe.

S/F

USMARINE
03-19-2015, 02:55 PM
I traded a Road Glide for my F6B. You made the correct decision. It's a lot more bike than the Harley.

Very true, I have a 2009 FLHT 103” 255 cam, but this F6B is something else. This motorcycle is gorgeous, fast, and fun to ride. But, I still have the FLHT, I guess it will be my last one. Long live the 6.

USMARINE
03-19-2015, 04:08 PM

53driver
03-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Semper Fi, Marine!
Congrats on your new toy.
I also share your heritage (shitter pilot), and I also kept my 95 FLSTN when I got my "6."

You still in? Retire?
Joining us in Franklin?
S/F,
Steve

bobbyf6b
03-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Nice looking ride! I know I'm jealous. (paint, cruise, pipes) :biggthumpup:

USMARINE
03-19-2015, 07:58 PM
Semper Fi, Marine!
Congrats on your new toy.
I also share your heritage (shitter pilot), and I also kept my 95 FLSTN when I got my "6."

You still in? Retire?
Joining us in Franklin?
S/F,
Steve

Oh! yes the great Sea Stallion, I still can remember the red hydraulics soaking the bulkheads of the aircraft; a sign of Functionality. If you didn't see any fluid dripping; get off, no hydraulic in the lines. I'm now retired and trying to keep this '03' body together. I will try to make the Franklin gathering, I guess it's on Labor day weekend? From my pos its about 140 miles, a very good reason for a least a day trip.
Take care, PM me if you are ever in ATL.
S/F

USMARINE
03-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Nice looking ride! I know I'm jealous. (paint, cruise, pipes) :biggthumpup:

Thank you Bobby, I consider this one a Keeper, smooooooooooth as Butter.

Take care.

S/F

53driver
03-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Oh! yes the great Sea Stallion, I still can remember the red hydraulics soaking the bulkheads of the aircraft; a sign of Functionality. If you didn't see any fluid dripping; get off, no hydraulic in the lines. I'm now retired and trying to keep this '03' body together. I will try to make the Franklin gathering, I guess it's on Labor day weekend? From my pos its about 140 miles, a very good reason for a least a day trip.
Take care, PM me if you are ever in ATL.
S/F

Congrats on retirement. 'Tis a beautiful thing.
Thanks for your "ground-pounding" service.
I'll be heading through ATL repeatedly whilst moving to NW Florida over the next few months.

USMARINE
03-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Congrats on retirement. 'Tis a beautiful thing.
Thanks for your "ground-pounding" service.
I'll be heading through ATL repeatedly whilst moving to NW Florida over the next few months.

NW Florida great place to live, we like to spend a lot of time on NAS Pensacola; great beaches. Its a super place to live, and just let time go by.

jkelley
03-20-2015, 02:43 PM

Great looking bike, Love the color.

blackmetoc
03-20-2015, 05:40 PM
NW Florida great place to live, we like to spend a lot of time on NAS Pensacola; great beaches. Its a super place to live, and just let time go by.

After my surgery in VA, I will be down the coast from you in MS, and I spend a lot of time in P-cola and over at 30A.

MAYHEM01
03-20-2015, 05:43 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

USMARINE
03-23-2015, 12:18 PM
After my surgery in VA, I will be down the coast from you in MS, and I spend a lot of time in P-cola and over at 30A.

I wish you the best of look and a speedy recovery from your surgery. “Health is wasted on the young” Take care and get well soon.

S/F

terrydj
03-24-2015, 01:25 AM
Marines eh
Some I served with told me about the Marine Long Range Recon and spoke well of them :yes:
Oh and the world speaks well of the ones that told me :icon_cool: