PDA

View Full Version : Bored????? Wanna Read a Story??????

terrydj
03-22-2015, 06:27 PM
I have seen from the many posts that Americans are proud of America and the many men and women who have served, and so they should be.

Australia was founded by convicts, not rich dudes and others of authority but convicts. On 21 January 1788 Phillip, with a party of officers and marines, landed at an unnamed place near where Sydney is now. After moving further into the harbour, on 26 January 1788 Phillip raised the British flag at Sydney Cove. 751 convicts and their children disembarked, along with 252 marines and their families. When the last shipment of convicts disembarked in Western Australia in 1868, the total number of transported convicts stood at around 162,000 men and women. The transportation of convicts to Australia ended at a time when the colonies' population stood at around one million

The vast majority of the convicts to Australia were English and Welsh (70%), Irish (24%) or Scottish (5%), the convict population had a multicultural flavour. Some convicts had been sent from various British outposts such as India and Canada. There were also Maoris from New Zealand, Chinese from Hong Kong and slaves from the Caribbean.
Bloody Englands Scum??

I’m an Australian and like every male in my family’s history have served, and my father with distinction and honours. American Presidential citation for Bravery (Battle of Kapyong- 3RAR Delta Company)

So here’s a bit of history
Australia and New Zealand are now remembering those who served in a special way.
50 years after the last Convicts arrived, and 100 years ago, Australian and New Zealand military (The Anzacs) left their countries to take part in the First World War
From a population of Australians of fewer than five million,416,809 men enlisted, of which over 60,000 were killed and 156,000 wounded, gassed, or taken prisoner. And a Population in New Zealand of approximately 1.15 million; was 100,444 served, 16,697 New Zealanders were killed and 41,317 were wounded during the war – a 58 percent casualty rate.
These forces were the first to beat the Turks. And in the South of France to this day when you enter some towns there are signs that say N'oublions jamais l'Australie-Let us Never Forget the Australians (Meaning Australia and New Zealanders) the Anzacs, and in their schools above the class Blackboard it also reads Never forget the Australians.
Link: http://www.ambafrance-au.org/The-Somme-a-must-for-visiting

Some 20 years late another war.
The Australians (Meaning Australians and New Zealanders) were the first to beat the Japanese and Rommel in the desert. In Rommel’s own words “If I had an army of Australians (Meaning Australia and New Zealanders) I would win this war”.
Some 5 years later Australians (Meaning Australia and New Zealanders) were the first troops to enter Korea and served with distinction. Numerous Battle Honours including a presidential citation for Bravery. The Battle of Kapyong, 3RAR and New Zealand Forces.
In every Capital city in Australia and New Zealand South Korea each year on a special day honor and publicly thank the Australian and New Zealand serviceman who served in their countries and their countries.

8 years late Malaya- Enough said
The Indonesian Confrontation- Enough said
4 years later Vietnam? North Vietnamese Generals said to their troops never engage with the Australian and New Zealand forces because??????? And the deeds of our soldiers which includes our SASR and what people refer to as “Special Forces”???? Are known but mostly not?
Then there are the theatres of the:
First Gulf War: Where a Whole Iraq Battalion surrendered to Australian/New Zealand SASR Troopers
Iraq War
Afghanistan
Military intervention against the ISL: where currently we have our Commando units serving supported by our Australian and New Zealand SASR????????

Every evening in every RSL (Return Serviceman’s League) in every City and town in Australia and New Zealand with the setting of the sun it comes to silence and everyone faces the flame and these words are spoken

“They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them”.
They gave their tomorrows so we could have our todays eh
Not too shabby a Military history from a Country that currently has a population of 22 million and a Neighbor New Zealand with a population of 4.5 million.
Bloody populations combined not even that of some American Cities
Suppose you can hear the stories from Americans who served with Australians. (Their all Lies)
Suppose this is what made Australians and New Zealanders what they are:icon_cool:

Bloody Convicts

BIGLRY
03-22-2015, 06:58 PM
:clap2::clap2::clap2::cheers::shake2:

53driver
03-22-2015, 07:05 PM
I celebrate Anzac Day every year with members of the Australian Air Force at my workplace. Cheers!

terrydj
03-22-2015, 09:07 PM
I celebrate Anzac Day every year with members of the Australian Air Force at my workplace. Cheers!

Mate
But you can sit down, have a beer, say hello and see who can tell the biggest lie eh:yes:
Bloody Australian servicemen.
No respect for rank
Never salute or acknowledge rank in the bush
And we all come home eh
I remember :icon_cool:

srt8-in-largo
03-22-2015, 11:56 PM
A very humbling and thought provoking post, thanks for sharing.

Keep up the good work down there :icon_biggrin:

terrydj
03-23-2015, 04:20 AM
A very humbling and thought provoking post, thanks for sharing.

Keep up the good work down there :icon_biggrin:

Mate my family has been here from the start.
Yeah friggen Convict heritage.
Bloody farmers, labourers, shift workers, ditch diggers and all the men up to me and including me Infantry served.
Thank whoever my son never served :icon_cool:

hoglaw
03-23-2015, 05:57 AM
I spent a couple of days at an Australian Air Force base in Penang, Malaysia, during Vietnam. I thought they were a great bunch of guys until they got me drunk and took my money playing darts.

terrydj
03-23-2015, 06:32 AM
I spent a couple of days at an Australian Air Force base in Penang, Malaysia, during Vietnam. I thought they were a great bunch of guys until they got me drunk and took my money playing darts.

Bastards
They said they were Australians, but no Australian serviceman I served with would do that??????:icon_laugh:
The ones I served with would have got you drunk had you buy all the beer and then took all your money playing Darts
My sister was serving at Butterworth Air Force Base Malaysia during the Incident :no:

Limoles
03-23-2015, 09:21 AM
Everybody have some stories , but Terry's is as unique , as the country , where he lives . I'm also sure , that in past he played real football , which in Yankee land is known as a soccer ( what a stupid name ) .
Aussies are good in this game .

terrydj
03-23-2015, 05:20 PM
Everybody have some stories , but Terry's is as unique , as the country , where he lives . I'm also sure , that in past he played real football , which in Yankee land is known as a soccer ( what a stupid name ) .
Aussies are good in this game .

Hate sport
Think people only play sport so people will talk to em
"BUT"
A country of 22 million eh????
The Best Rugby Union Team in the world
Best female Cyclist in the world
Best swimmers in the world
Some of the best tennis players in the world . A few have won Wimbledon
Best in the world at ?????????????????????? Yeah and Bullshitting
Just have a look at the Gold won by the convicts in both the Olympics and Commonwealth games??
But I hate Sport, don't watch it, don't play it, Don't talk about it can't stand it?????
Ahhhhh but if stripping and Pole dancing was a sport I may change my mind :icon_cool:

Barbie
03-23-2015, 07:06 PM
I have seen from the many posts that Americans are proud of America and the many men and women who have served, and so they should be.

Australia was founded by convicts, not rich dudes and others of authority but convicts. On 21 January 1788 Phillip, with a party of officers and marines, landed at an unnamed place near where Sydney is now. After moving further into the harbour, on 26 January 1788 Phillip raised the British flag at Sydney Cove. 751 convicts and their children disembarked, along with 252 marines and their families. When the last shipment of convicts disembarked in Western Australia in 1868, the total number of transported convicts stood at around 162,000 men and women. The transportation of convicts to Australia ended at a time when the colonies' population stood at around one million

The vast majority of the convicts to Australia were English and Welsh (70%), Irish (24%) or Scottish (5%), the convict population had a multicultural flavour. Some convicts had been sent from various British outposts such as India and Canada. There were also Maoris from New Zealand, Chinese from Hong Kong and slaves from the Caribbean.
Bloody Englands Scum??

I’m an Australian and like every male in my family’s history have served, and my father with distinction and honours. American Presidential citation for Bravery (Battle of Kapyong- 3RAR Delta Company)

So here’s a bit of history
Australia and New Zealand are now remembering those who served in a special way.
50 years after the last Convicts arrived, and 100 years ago, Australian and New Zealand military (The Anzacs) left their countries to take part in the First World War
From a population of Australians of fewer than five million,416,809 men enlisted, of which over 60,000 were killed and 156,000 wounded, gassed, or taken prisoner. And a Population in New Zealand of approximately 1.15 million; was 100,444 served, 16,697 New Zealanders were killed and 41,317 were wounded during the war – a 58 percent casualty rate.
These forces were the first to beat the Turks. And in the South of France to this day when you enter some towns there are signs that say N'oublions jamais l'Australie-Let us Never Forget the Australians (Meaning Australia and New Zealanders) the Anzacs, and in their schools above the class Blackboard it also reads Never forget the Australians.
Link: http://www.ambafrance-au.org/The-Somme-a-must-for-visiting

Some 20 years late another war.
The Australians (Meaning Australians and New Zealanders) were the first to beat the Japanese and Rommel in the desert. In Rommel’s own words “If I had an army of Australians (Meaning Australia and New Zealanders) I would win this war”.
Some 5 years later Australians (Meaning Australia and New Zealanders) were the first troops to enter Korea and served with distinction. Numerous Battle Honours including a presidential citation for Bravery. The Battle of Kapyong, 3RAR and New Zealand Forces.
In every Capital city in Australia and New Zealand South Korea each year on a special day honor and publicly thank the Australian and New Zealand serviceman who served in their countries and their countries.

8 years late Malaya- Enough said
The Indonesian Confrontation- Enough said
4 years later Vietnam? North Vietnamese Generals said to their troops never engage with the Australian and New Zealand forces because??????? And the deeds of our soldiers which includes our SASR and what people refer to as “Special Forces”???? Are known but mostly not?
Then there are the theatres of the:
First Gulf War: Where a Whole Iraq Battalion surrendered to Australian/New Zealand SASR Troopers
Iraq War
Afghanistan
Military intervention against the ISL: where currently we have our Commando units serving supported by our Australian and New Zealand SASR????????

Every evening in every RSL (Return Serviceman’s League) in every City and town in Australia and New Zealand with the setting of the sun it comes to silence and everyone faces the flame and these words are spoken

“They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them”.
They gave their tomorrows so we could have our todays eh
Not too shabby a Military history from a Country that currently has a population of 22 million and a Neighbor New Zealand with a population of 4.5 million.
Bloody populations combined not even that of some American Cities
Suppose you can hear the stories from Americans who served with Australians. (Their all Lies)
Suppose this is what made Australians and New Zealanders what they are:icon_cool:

Bloody Convicts

'blahblahblah'

:ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Australian-Army-Slouch-Hat-with-Insignia-and-Patch-Mountcastle-55-/301545435924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4635823314

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Australian-Army-bush-hat-giggle-hat-roofing-nail-/181696986695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a4dfbfe47

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKUBRA-Australian-Aussie-Army-SLOUCH-HAT-Military-bash-badge-fur-Size-57-7-1-8-/261639957582?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ceaf4ec4e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/58-Aussie-Army-Slouch-Hat-Henderson-Australian-Commonwealth-Military-Forces-Pin-/301544869165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4635798d2d

terrydj
03-23-2015, 07:25 PM
:ebay: 'blahblahblah'

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Australian-Army-Slouch-Hat-with-Insignia-and-Patch-Mountcastle-55-/301545435924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4635823314

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Australian-Army-bush-hat-giggle-hat-roofing-nail-/181696986695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a4dfbfe47

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AKUBRA-Australian-Aussie-Army-SLOUCH-HAT-Military-bash-badge-fur-Size-57-7-1-8-/261639957582?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ceaf4ec4e

http://www.ebay.com/itm/58-Aussie-Army-Slouch-Hat-Henderson-Australian-Commonwealth-Military-Forces-Pin-/301544869165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4635798d2d

Mate i tell yah
In my time I worked with heaps of professionals/Soldiers from all over the world doing what I did
New Zealanders
English
Canadians
Americans
Gurkas
Malaysian
Indonesion
Taiwanese
And Numerous others
And every time I could of swapped my Slouch Hat and Giggle hat for each one of their wives. Girlfriends, mothers and everything else of importance.
A few Slouch hats I know were swapped by blokes in my section for The Gurka kukri
Not the ceremonial one that was made by their village in Nepal and given to the soldier on enlistment but for their work knife they carried on them.
But that was all before Ebay
Don't think you will ever find a Sluch Hat on Ebay that has a Regiment Badge on the front either Infantry or SASR ???? :icon_cool:

srt8-in-largo
03-23-2015, 09:04 PM
What distinguishes convicts from everybody else? They got caught :icon_biggrin:

terrydj
03-24-2015, 01:18 AM
What distinguishes convicts from everybody else? They got caught :icon_biggrin:

Spot on
And you should know coming from a Country that has 1% of its population in Jail
Like the good old USA has the world's highest rate of imprisonment, at 724 people per 100,000.
Yeah a bloody world leader in imprisonment??????? (Land of the Free) could be that America is just better at catching the bad guy than anyone else

Russia has about 550 per 100,000

China 118 per 100.000

In Australia the land of Convicts ours is a mere 125 prisoners per 100,000 :icon_cool:

Limoles
03-24-2015, 01:25 AM
Hate sport
Think people only play sport so people will talk to em
"BUT"
A country of 22 million eh????
The Best Rugby Union Team in the world
Best female Cyclist in the world
Best swimmers in the world
Some of the best tennis players in the world . A few have won Wimbledon
Best in the world at ?????????????????????? Yeah and Bullshitting
Just have a look at the Gold won by the convicts in both the Olympics and Commonwealth games??
But I hate Sport, don't watch it, don't play it, Don't talk about it can't stand it?????
Ahhhhh but if stripping and Pole dancing was a sport I may change my mind :icon_cool:

You won competition already ...