PDA

View Full Version : Planning a June Trip from Ottawa Canada to Tennessee

Duke4
03-22-2015, 09:22 PM
As the title says, 8(maybe 9) of us are planning a trip from Ottawa to Tennessee, the 3rd week of June. Ott to Nashville is about 1100 miles. I am just starting to plan the trip details and looking into places we should hit.

Current thinking is we would get to TN in two days, spend 5 days or so touring 200-250 miles per day, and then take two or 3 days to get home. Consensus in the group is we would want to spend a day/ night in Memphis area. For the rest of the days I am looking for some ideas. We don't need to necessarily stay in Tennessee for multiple days, we would definitely consider other states if it makes sense.

I was wondering if anyone familiar with the area could provide some "must do" suggestions on roads, sites, accommodations, bars, restaurants, etc. to hit?

Thanks

hiflyer
03-22-2015, 11:21 PM
As the title says, 8(maybe 9) of us are planning a trip from Ottawa to Tennessee, the 3rd week of June. Ott to Nashville is about 1100 miles. I am just starting to plan the trip details and looking into places we should hit.

Current thinking is we would get to TN in two days, spend 5 days or so touring 200-250 miles per day, and then take two or 3 days to get home. Consensus in the group is we would want to spend a day/ night in Memphis area. For the rest of the days I am looking for some ideas. We don't need to necessarily stay in Tennessee for multiple days, we would definitely consider other states if it makes sense.

I was wondering if anyone familiar with the area could provide some "must do" suggestions on roads, sites, accommodations, bars, restaurants, etc. to hit?

Thanks

Don't spend your entire trip in Tennessee, Arkansas has some of the best motorcycle riding in the country.

http://www.arkansas.com/outdoors/motorcycling?gclid=CjwKEAjw0LmoBRDHuo7UkaKXhn8SJAD mDTG0-5RNu9Mzuo_qPbrnAwJSiMeNzVB_GoLmFTN4YMfM9BoCg8Xw_wc B

srt8-in-largo
03-22-2015, 11:38 PM
Sounds fun!

If staying over night in Memphis, choose your location wisely. There are some very "unfriendly" areas in that town.

Arkansas does have some of the most pristine, spring-fed, ice-cold, rivers Ive ever had the pleasure of splashing around in. Bring a bathing suit :icon_biggrin:

Vol1chuck
03-23-2015, 07:58 PM
You could run down the nachez trace a couple of hundred miles. It's a limited access, park road with 45 mph speed limit and nice scenery. You can catch it just south of Nashville.

Canuck_Doug
03-23-2015, 08:14 PM
Our group is from the burlington/mississauga area heading south on June 13. Our destination is the southern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway. We're going to take our time riding the 750 km's north. It's a fantastic ride through NC and Virginia. Google it. lots of info available.

bigbird
03-23-2015, 08:22 PM
Arkansas has some of the best motorcycle riding in the country.

And some of the poorest roads.
Driving from Canada to FL and passing through Arkansas, it had the worst condition roads of any of the 12 states I drove through.

Ridlikhel
03-23-2015, 08:50 PM
I live just south of Nashville and have ridden all over Canada and most of the Rockies and as far as I'm concerned Tennessee has some great riding. Just south of Nashville there is tons of rolling hills, the Jack Daniels distillery. Give me a PM when you are ready and I'll give you more info.

Jim

hiflyer
03-23-2015, 09:03 PM
Driving from Canada to FL and passing through Arkansas, it had the worst condition roads of any of the 12 states I drove through.

You probably didn't venture off the main road did ya? How many of those roads listed on the Arkansas site did you ride?

srt8-in-largo
03-23-2015, 09:14 PM

Been to Michigan? :icon_biggrin:

Duke4
03-24-2015, 06:09 PM
I live just south of Nashville and have ridden all over Canada and most of the Rockies and as far as I'm concerned Tennessee has some great riding. Just south of Nashville there is tons of rolling hills, the Jack Daniels distillery. Give me a PM when you are ready and I'll give you more info.

Jim

Sounds great Jim.i think I will definitely take you up on that offer. Thanks

AlannTenn
05-31-2015, 04:26 AM

Thanks

Try this Link: http://smokymountainrider.com/

99m3
06-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Would they be able to catch the "tail of the dragon"?