PDA

View Full Version : For everybody that rides at night

taxfree4
03-23-2015, 12:05 AM
I don't really ride at night but I'm sure there are some that do, here's more visibility at a pretty reasonable price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbj0T_2ttRI

Limoles
03-23-2015, 12:24 AM
Do not ride at night on high speed highways . I don't test suicidal behavior of dogs , dears and raccoons any more . In car I had to many encounters already . Usually their "bravery" is to costly , sometimes even deadly .

taxfree4
03-23-2015, 06:03 AM
I agree 100%, there are enough a$$holes on the road during the day, that number multiplies by 1000 at night.

Steve 0080
03-23-2015, 08:07 AM
An ole American saying...nothing good happens after midnight !!!

Texas TC
03-23-2015, 09:36 AM
I love riding at night. Fewer idiots on the road at 3 or 4 in the morning. Just me and the truckers. One of the benefits of retirement, riding on my schedule. However, the helmet that started this thread is a little over the top for my taste.

bigbird
03-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Do not ride at night on high speed highways .

Some, including me, love riding at night on high speed highways.
Just don't outdrive your headlights.

taxfree4
03-23-2015, 12:57 PM
I love riding at night. Fewer idiots on the road at 3 or 4 in the morning. Just me and the truckers. One of the benefits of retirement, riding on my schedule. However, the helmet that started this thread is a little over the top for my taste.

It's not a helmet it is a light strip you add to your helmet. I believe the story is the company started making prototypes but the overwhelming demand shifted the focus to just the strips.

blackmetoc
03-23-2015, 08:49 PM
I commute to work at O dark thirty, so I DO worry about the critters. But I hit a pig around supper time w/ my car, and let me tell you Swine flew! I'm here all week, tip your waitresses. Glad I wasn't on the bike.

terrydj
03-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Some, including me, love riding at night on high speed highways.
Just don't outdrive your headlights.

Love riding at night and always have.
Hit a Roo once and I didn't go down but the Roo Did.
Broke its hip
Lucky I carry a Hammer

As for the helmet???????
Do you have a word called "DORK"?????????
Well the Dickanary does
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dork
And too me, me thinks you would have to be a Dork to put that on yah head :icon_cool:

srt8-in-largo
03-23-2015, 09:40 PM
An ole American saying...nothing good happens after midnight !!!

Dorothy agrees!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7DYCvCDeU8

srt8-in-largo
03-23-2015, 09:47 PM
I like the idea, but is a little fancier than my taste.

A subtler approach might be to use reflective tape. The good stuff is made by 3M, but sometimes hard to find in anything smaller than 1 million foot long rolls. I found these guys sometime ago and I'm waiting for the black Scotchlite to be re-stocked... I'm gonna try putting it on a black rain jacket; it looks black in normal lighting and reflects bright white in headlights.

http://www.identi-tape.com/super-eng2.html

Old Ryder
03-24-2015, 08:27 AM
As I read once---"The worlds best motorcycle headlight is a poor substitute for the sun" and it is so true.

Years ago I was trying to make it to a friends house on the Pamlico Sound in eastern NC. I got caught on my Sportster in the dark in the swampy marshland when it got dark and finished the last 10 miles in 3rd gear at about 35 MPH. Wearing just a tee shirt and open face helmet and safety glasses, the bugs made it feel like you were riding in a hail storm. :icon_doh:

Did I mention how much I love the fixed fairing on my B?

fxdl2051
03-25-2015, 12:59 AM
As I read once---"The worlds best motorcycle headlight is a poor substitute for the sun" and it is so true.

Years ago I was trying to make it to a friends house on the Pamlico Sound in eastern NC. I got caught on my Sportster in the dark in the swampy marshland when it got dark and finished the last 10 miles in 3rd gear at about 35 MPH. Wearing just a tee shirt and open face helmet and safety glasses, the bugs made it feel like you were riding in a hail storm. :icon_doh:

Did I mention how much I love the fixed fairing on my B?

REminds me of the time... me and my gf were riding the GS 750 through the Penn. countryside. Stopped for brunch in one of those local dinners full of Sunday after church townies. We walked into the place and the whole dinner went silent, could have heard the sugar in the coffee. I thought it a little odd as we grabbed a both. Then I went to the bathroom to wash the dust off and discovered my whole face was covered in a glaze of dead bugs.