PDA

View Full Version : Checking In.....

kjelders
03-23-2015, 10:46 AM
Even though I now have a different ride, I still think the F6B forum is the best board ever. I check in daily just to keep up with what's going on. The F6B is an awesome ride. It is unfortunate that I couldn't make it comfortable for me.

This is the only time I will post a picture of my 2014 Victory XCT as I'm not trying to convince anyone anything about the different bikes.
I do like taking a new bike (new canvas) and making it my own.

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12580&d=1427124484

Some of the accessories
Color matched inner fairing panel,
HMD Gorilla Bagger Bars
Black Oval Mirros
Engraved Mastad 11" Dark Tint shield
Custom Derby and Cam Covers
Custom Cheese Wedges (Left and Right)
Chrome Inner Primary Cover
Chrome rear transmission cover
Ultimate Mid Rider seat and backrest
Heel/Toe Shifter
Shorty Radio Antenna
Saddle Bag Rails

Replaced manual J&S jack with Air/Hydraulic Pit Bull jack

Performance Mods
Vic Triovals Exhaust
Lloyd's timing wheel
Lloyd's High Flow Air Filter
PC V fuel mangager
Dyno Tuned by 2 Wheels DynoWorks
Max Power = 91.34 Max Torque = 107.44

Elroy
03-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Nice looking ride, love the paint scheme, hope you enjoy it! Thanks for checking in! :icon_biggrin:

chipmaker
03-23-2015, 10:51 AM
Bike looks great, love the bars...

Steve 0080
03-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Very Nice..... Bring it to Franklin for test rides !!!!!!!

lloydmoore1
03-23-2015, 11:15 AM
That was my other choice from the f6b. I test drove the xcountry tour and the xcountry. It was a hard decision for me but the F6B was my choice.
I came from a nomad so the xcountry was a nice ride. Glad to see you found a bike that fits you,enjoy!
Nice paint.

opas ride
03-23-2015, 11:30 AM
Nice ride and looks great...I rode a 2011 Vision Silver and Black Tour for over 3 years...Preferred it over the Cross bikes as it had some of the best wind/noise protection I have seen...Extremely nice on the road with the fixed fairing and all....Traded it for my F6B and have absolutely no regrets...Love the difference in power, smoothness and handling of the F6B...but ride what you enjoy and be happy as they say....

Fla_rider
03-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Very Nice..... Bring it to Franklin for test rides !!!!!!!

+1

wantone
03-23-2015, 04:59 PM
Congratulation!!! on ur new bike. I just sold my Cross country and bought F6B. Changed 3 handle bars and was still not happy. I hated that stiff clutch. I put and EZ clutch and transmission would not work smoothly. Finally I just gave up. If ever u decide to buy new handle bars, plz stay away from HMD. There is a guy in Indiana that customizes handle bars per ur need. I can give u his number unless the stock handle bars are perfect for u. As far I know most switch the handle bars on cross country. Do not!! I repeat do not pressure wash or let water get into cruise ctrl box. It will stop working until it is completely dry. I have a feeling you will end up doing lot of lloyds upgrade including 1/4 throttle ring, timing wheel and other stuff he has.

Here is pic of my ride that i SOLD !!! I was so happy to get rid of it.

Enjoy ur new bike.

kjelders
03-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Congratulation!!! on ur new bike. I just sold my Cross country and bought F6B. Changed 3 handle bars and was still not happy. I hated that stiff clutch. I put and EZ clutch and transmission would not work smoothly. Finally I just gave up. If ever u decide to buy new handle bars, plz stay away from HMD. There is a guy in Indiana that customizes handle bars per ur need. I can give u his number unless the stock handle bars are perfect for u. As far I know most switch the handle bars on cross country. Do not!! I repeat do not pressure wash or let water get into cruise ctrl box. It will stop working until it is completely dry. I have a feeling you will end up doing lot of lloyds upgrade including 1/4 throttle ring, timing wheel and other stuff he has.

Here is pic of my ride that i SOLD !!! I was so happy to get rid of it.

Enjoy ur new bike.

Thanks wantone.....But I think you need to go back to my post and re-read my list of mods I've already done.

FlaMike
03-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Lloyd's can really help you get rid of any extra cash you may have.:icon_mrgreen:
Supercharged bike in pic made 160 hp on dyno. Vics have a huge performance potential and it only $$$. Enjoy yours.

opas ride
03-23-2015, 06:45 PM
Even though I now have a different ride, I still think the F6B forum is the best board ever. I check in daily just to keep up with what's going on. The F6B is an awesome ride. It is unfortunate that I couldn't make it comfortable for me.

This is the only time I will post a picture of my 2014 Victory XCT as I'm not trying to convince anyone anything about the different bikes.

Some of the accessories
HMD Gorilla Bagger Bars
Black Oval Mirros
Heel/Toe Shifter
Shorty Radio Antenna
Saddle Bag Rails

Performance Mods
Vic Triovals Exhaust
Lloyd's timing wheel
PC V fuel mangager

Noticed you did not install Lloyd's cams along with the other mods....Any reason other than $$..Just curious as I considered the same set-up on my Vision before I traded it....Ride safe...

JackB
03-23-2015, 06:57 PM
Good looking bike, kept sending picture. I like all motorcycles.

mercator1
03-23-2015, 07:28 PM

Some of the accessories
HMD Gorilla Bagger Bars
Black Oval Mirros
Heel/Toe Shifter
Shorty Radio Antenna
Saddle Bag Rails

Performance Mods
Vic Triovals Exhaust
Lloyd's timing wheel
PC V fuel mangager

For 2 years now, I've been debating between a Vision, a BMW K1600GTL and an F6B, looking at them daily. I've rented a Vision twice and determined it was just too much heat when riding in Alabama Summers. I demo'd a XC this weekend, hoping it would be better. It was only 67 degrees outside, but it still got very warm when stopped in traffic. Also, the wider tank hurt my hips some. I love the Vision, but I think I have finally decided the Victory just isn't for me. That is a beautiful bike, though. My brother had similar (but less intricate) blue/silver scheme on his V92TC. The smoothness in that current 106 twin is really amazing. Victory has that engine figured out.

I guess my challenge now is to A/B compare the BMW and F6B. Wish I could afford them all.

carpdm
03-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Great looking bike. We all tend to do mods to make our bikes comfortable. I have a Road King that sets up nicely for me. I enjoy all bikes. Thanks for hanging around.

jlyon
03-23-2015, 08:20 PM
I love my '6, but I also fell in love with the XCT...

so I did what any big kid would do, I bought both....

Enjoy your ride... it's all good as long as it has two wheels !!!!

Big Jay
03-23-2015, 08:35 PM
The vic is looking good there Kevin, hope to see you at the northwest f6b gathering. :yes:

VP8
03-23-2015, 08:56 PM
Congrats KJ on the new bike. I actually sold a 2012 Victory XC for the F6B. I had way too many warranty problems on it, to the point I could not trust it. I'm not saying your bike is unreliable, I'm just saying my XC was a lemon, so I went back to owning Japanese bikes. Your bike looks great, and it is so easy to spend thousands of dollars on upgrades/accessories to that bike. I rode to Arlen Ness in Dublin, CA one time and found myself leaving the store with over a thousand dollars in accessories/parts.

KJ, I do recommend a couple of things to upgrade that were not on your list. You should swap out your stock low beam bulb for HID... its approx. $60 at www.victoryhid.com

Lastly, the engineers who developed the gas cap lid to open from the rear were not thinking about the rider who has to fill gas. Now, I'm not sure if it effects you at all, but here in CA, we have to deal with a stupid boot that is on the gas nozzle... this makes filling up gas a real task in the XC. I replaced my gas cap for a cool looking twist off one from Arlen Ness, which made life a lot easier, and my bike looked a little cooler. If you don't want to change your gas cap, you can always remove the hinge from the cap so the whole keyed top comes off when you fill your gas.

PS, love the Tri Ovals. :)

Old Ryder
03-24-2015, 07:19 AM
Congrats! Vic makes a quality ride! I owned 2 of them. You have good taste.28172818

kjelders
03-24-2015, 08:24 AM
Thanks all for your comments. I was hoping to make Franklin Rally this year, but my work place has other ideas for my summer.

Opas: I'm considering the cams, just not sure I want to open the heads up just yet.

VP: The stock cap hasn't been an issue for me. Although, I do like the spin-off caps from Ness. I'll check out the HID lights.

Ok...a couple more pictures.

What the bike looks like with the detachable tour pack removed.

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12610&d=1427204384

A very special custom piece made in memory of my son

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12613&d=1427204497

Old Ryder
03-24-2015, 09:26 AM
I'll check out the HID lights.

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12610&d=1427204384

A very special custom piece made in memory of my son

http://hondaf6b.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12613&d=1427204497

Very toughing cheesewedge. Classy.

Just and FYI--Forum member and moderator "Cross Roads" on the Victory Forums (NOT the VOG or Victory Owners Group--that is a different group) sells the HID for about $70 shipped and a lifetime warranty. I don't ever remember anybody saying one has failed.

bigbird
03-24-2015, 10:18 AM
Very nice looking bike.

What an illogical spot to place the ignition(compared to an F6B). :stirthepot:

VP8
03-24-2015, 10:33 AM
Very nice looking bike.

You're telling me Big Bird. There has been several times I confiscated keys from my XC XR friends who left their key in the ignition and walked away...forgetting it. I was so close in purchasing the key fob/keyless ignition by Digital GuardDawg...special pricing on the VOG forum.

chipmaker
03-24-2015, 10:46 AM
I prefer never getting the key out of my pocket. The detachable tour pack is nice, I just ordered the kit for my Ultra.

opas ride
03-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Very nice looking bike.

True as I had a Victory a while back, but now I am always leaving the "damn" key in the saddlebag locks...Go to start the bike and "whoops" left key in the saddlebag slot....Oh well....

Old Ryder
03-24-2015, 11:44 AM
I am always leaving the "damn" key in the saddlebag locks...Go to start the bike and "whoops" left key in the saddlebag slot....Oh well....

And I thought it was just me! LOL :icon_doh:

VP8
03-24-2015, 01:54 PM
And I thought it was just me! LOL :icon_doh:

LOL!!! :icon_lol: It's not just you...I do the same thing sometimes...mount up, put the gloves on...ready to start the bike, then...shit...kick stand down (while all my friends are waiting for me to lead them on a ride), dismount, retrieve key. Uggg!! An then, to top it off, you have to bend down to even find the key hole...which can really suck at night. I really wish Honda made integrated saddlebag locks, recognized when the key is in its ignition. So you only have to put the key in one area...the ignition, and your saddlebags, and glove box would unlock via push button or lever pull.

Those of you who have owned a Yamaha FJR know what I'm talking about. The left accessory box is locked when the ignition is off, but when the key is turned to on or accessory, then you can unlock the left accessory box.

kjelders
03-24-2015, 04:21 PM
Make the key knobs for gas tank, gas cubby, and saddlebag locks. That is what I and others have done. The only time I took them out is when I was going to be away from the bike for a long time. Get the 27R blank key from Home Depot or Lowes