PDA

View Full Version : JM speakers

Brian D
03-23-2015, 06:50 PM
I have read some audio threads and I'm not looking to do any big amp and sub setups this year but the factory speakers suck. I was thinking about getting these jM speakers off wing stuff when I order my new Bridgestone tires (which is a great deal right now till the end of the month). Does anyone have these speakers and if so we're they an improvement over stock. Like I said I don't wanna get into amps this year and there is no point in buying expensive speakers without the power to drive them. Imput please!!

edgeman55
03-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Seems to be a 50/50 love hate type of response to these speakers.I have had them in for a few months now and I find they are a improvement over the stock speakers.At higher volumes they really sound better.Others here have not found them any better.

taxfree4
03-23-2015, 07:48 PM
I have read some audio threads and I'm not looking to do any big amp and sub setups this year but the factory speakers suck. I was thinking about getting these jM speakers off wing stuff when I order my new Bridgestone tires (which is a great deal right now till the end of the month). Does anyone have these speakers and if so we're they an improvement over stock. Like I said I don't wanna get into amps this year and there is no point in buying expensive speakers without the power to drive them. Imput please!!

I put them in my F6B and highly recommend them. I didn't want to throw a whole lot of money into the audio end also. I noticed a dramatic difference, I made this video and cranked the radio all the way up with no distortion hope this helps:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lFgd214DSPU

bigbird
03-23-2015, 08:18 PM
At higher volumes they really sound better.

+1

Brian D
03-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Hey thanks for the info. Def sounds better than factory. For the price I'm sold. Maybe next year I'll go for the killer system but the jm's will do for now. Hey tax. Love the stones

Jrockr
03-24-2015, 07:40 PM

Check out the hog tunes equal, they sound pretty good..

Dfinkelsteinmd
03-26-2015, 03:51 AM
I installed the J&M'S and they definitely sound more clear at higher volumes but I noticed after my first few rides that the left channel was only a fraction of the right's output. I tied various songs from my iPod as well as different FM radio stations and the disparity persisted. Could I have blown the left speaker with the volume set to 15? Anyone else had this issue? Are the left and right channels on separate fuses? Perhaps one is toast or the more free flowing J&M'S just blow out more easily? I would hate to go back to OEM but that might be next as I can't imagine a "stereo" that is all right sided...

Jimmytee
03-26-2015, 04:05 AM
I installed the J&M'S and they definitely sound more clear at higher volumes but I noticed after my first few rides that the left channel was only a fraction of the right's output. I tied various songs from my iPod as well as different FM radio stations and the disparity persisted. Could I have blown the left speaker with the volume set to 15? Anyone else had this issue? Are the left and right channels on separate fuses? Perhaps one is toast or the more free flowing J&M'S just blow out more easily? I would hate to go back to OEM but that might be next as I can't imagine a "stereo" that is all right sided...

Just for kicks, check the balance on the audio adjustments area of the F6B stereo.

Don't have the J&Ms but maybe you should check the speaker connections. The J&Ms are only the woofers correct? Maybe your woofer or tweeter has been disconnected.

Dfinkelsteinmd
03-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Just for kicks, check the balance on the audio adjustments area of the F6B stereo.

Don't have the J&Ms but maybe you should check the speaker connections. The J&Ms are only the woofers correct? Maybe your woofer or tweeter has been disconnected.

Thanks, Jimmy. I will check the connections to the left speaker but I don't think I have a balance contro for L/R, only fader and bass and treble unless I am missing something. If it is a loose connection, wouldn't it be all or nothing, not just reduced volume? And yes, the speakers are just midrange drivers, not tweeters.

Jimmytee
03-27-2015, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Jimmy. I will check the connections to the left speaker but I don't think I have a balance contro for L/R, only fader and bass and treble unless I am missing something. If it is a loose connection, wouldn't it be all or nothing, not just reduced volume? And yes, the speakers are just midrange drivers, not tweeters.

You're right, there is no balance control on the F6B, I was mis-thinking again.:icon_doh:

As far as a loose connection, I assumed because the J&Ms are just woofers, that you left the OEM tweeters still hooked up. So...... if you were to lose the woofer, you would still get some sound from that channel via the tweeter, albeit at a reduced volume and limited frequency response. The same would go for the reverse I'd think. Just something to check.

Dfinkelsteinmd
03-28-2015, 03:50 AM
You're right, there is no balance control on the F6B, I was mis-thinking again.:icon_doh:

As far as a loose connection, I assumed because the J&Ms are just woofers, that you left the OEM tweeters still hooked up. So...... if you were to lose the woofer, you would still get some sound from that channel via the tweeter, albeit at a reduced volume and limited frequency response. The same would go for the reverse I'd think. Just something to check.

The same thought occured to me Jimmy. I will pull the speaker and check the connections before I return it or junk it. I think you are right as the sound I hear from the left channel is weak in both volume and intensity(no palpable sound pressure). I hope it's just a loose connection as warranties on things like this usually don't go in the consumer's favor but I did just install the speakers a week go.

Old Ryder
03-29-2015, 07:01 AM
I had to send mine in for warranty repair. They are good people to work with and only a few days turn around. Call them first. They may can help over the phone.

Dfinkelsteinmd
03-29-2015, 09:47 AM
I had to send mine in for warranty repair. They are good people to work with and only a few days turn around. Call them first. They may can help over the phone.

Thanks, Ryder. I replaced the OEM speaker on the left so I know the system works. I will work with the vendor to repair or replace the defective unit.