:icon_cool:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=130-70r18-140-70r18

srt8-in-largo
03-23-2015, 09:52 PM
Probably(?).

What tire do you have in mind?

Limoles
03-23-2015, 10:41 PM
I really like newest Valkyrie wheels . For the moment , spontaneous idea of installing only front one onto my B created nice image , but learning its dimensions are different , immediately called me down .Honda for some VICIOUS and brutally created purpose killed my attempted and wishful thinking .
Yea - 130 60 19 couldn't work , but let's imagine new look ...

Limoles
03-23-2015, 10:44 PM
:icon_cool:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=130-70r18-140-70r18

I think , it apply to the rear wheel only . Doesn't it ?

Steve 0080
03-23-2015, 11:06 PM
Will a 140 70 18 fit on the front?

Yes.

bobbyf6b
03-24-2015, 11:49 AM
I really like newest Valkyrie wheels . For the moment , spontaneous idea of installing only front one onto my B created nice image , but learning its dimensions are different , immediately called me down .Honda for some VICIOUS and brutally created purpose killed my attempted and wishful thinking .
Yea - 130 60 19 couldn't work , but let's imagine new look ...

Looks like 130-60-19 would fit fine.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=130-70r18-130-60r19

Limoles
03-24-2015, 02:29 PM
Looks like 130-60-19 would fit fine.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php?tires=130-70r18-130-60r19

... only , if the new 19" rim with tire will perfectly fit the fork and brake calipers , matching the play of rotors . I called HondaRus and Service Tech. said NO . I will look for another opinion .

These comparisons of different dimensions of tires apply only to the rear wheel and speedo read-out .

redinoliver
03-24-2015, 03:50 PM
Looks like a good tire. Its a 140 70 18 rear. If it fits; I will try it. It is a Pirelli sport demon.

srt8-in-largo
03-24-2015, 11:10 PM
... only , if the new 19" rim with tire will perfectly fit the fork and brake calipers , matching the play of rotors . I called HondaRus and Service Tech. said NO . I will look for another opinion .

These comparisons of different dimensions of tires apply only to the rear wheel and speedo read-out .

I understand your point now. If the vehicle speed sensor measures driveshaft rotation, yes, then only the rear tire size should affect noticeable speedo changes.

Looks like a good tire. Its a 140 70 18 rear. If it fits; I will try it. It is a Pirelli sport demon.

That looks like a good tire... but I wonder if a rear tire will do well on the front. Rear tires are designed to do different things than fronts; power handling, lean handling, weight handling, braking handling are all considerations in tire design and result in subtle differences in shape and size of fronts and rears.

Load rating looks fine though.

Steve 0080
03-25-2015, 09:04 AM
SRT-8 That looks like a good tire... but I wonder if a rear tire will do well on the front. Rear tires are designed to do different things than fronts; power handling, lean handling, weight handling, braking handling are all considerations in tire design and result in subtle differences in shape and size of fronts and rears."

This has been done for MANY years ... usually handles better !

Limoles
03-25-2015, 10:57 AM
I understand your point now. If the vehicle speed sensor measures driveshaft rotation, yes, then only the rear tire size should affect noticeable speedo changes.

That looks like a good tire... but I wonder if a rear tire will do well on the front. Rear tires are designed to do different things than fronts; power handling, lean handling, weight handling, braking handling are all considerations in tire design and result in subtle differences in shape and size of fronts and rears.

Load rating looks fine though.

Yes - It's perfect ( and well educated ) conclusion to our extended opinions about tires .

Steve 0080
03-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Tires and oil...same ole tired sh!t....

I believe I was the first one to put a 130 on a Rune...everybody said it could not be done...to much weight, to much... a few months down the road, many were running the 130...So much so H.D. finally go on board and put 130's on the front of the big Hog....

This is one of the reason I posted, "yes'...just did not want to hear it from someone who has never tried it....let me guess you still only use the missionary position?

srt8-in-largo
03-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Next you'll be telling me they work better when installed backwards :icon_biggrin:

j/k

I'm not at all experienced in this so I'll take your word for it.

Steve 0080
03-25-2015, 08:47 PM
I would not say that... if the tire is marked for one direction, then that is the direction I would run it...( the tire does not know which end of the bike it is on) this is a quote from an ole friend who is a Master Mechanic, and at one time set up Nascar race cars... the quote was him telling this to his tire supplier while he was on all fours yelling at the tire !!!

Hell, try it ...the worst thing that can happen is you would blow up and catch on fire !!!! Bob109 is running a BT 45 now!

bob109
03-25-2015, 09:40 PM
I would not say that... if the tire is marked for one direction, then that is the direction I would run it...( the tire does not know which end of the bike it is on) this is a quote from an ole friend who is a Master Mechanic, and at one time set up Nascar race cars... the quote was him telling this to his tire supplier while he was on all fours yelling at the tire !!!

Hell, try it ...the worst thing that can happen is you would blow up and catch on fire !!!! Bob109 is running a BT 45 now!

With currently just over 12.5K miles on the BT-45 there's absolutely no regrets on my decision to use this tire on the front of my 6. Handling exceeds that of the OEM Stone by leaps and bounds. Cornering is crisp and sure footed with no surprises. Upon initial installation there was a high speed buzz created by the staggered center grove. A few miles and the sharps edges of the center grove softened and the buzz disappeared.

My OEM Stone delivered 16.5K miles of wear. I anticipate the Ax will conservatively deliver 28/30K miles of service. Unfortunately the "nay sayers" can't deviate from the "norm" when it comes to tires. Folks on the Goldwing Dark Side Forum have accumulated many thousands of miles of safe riding with the Ax. Those instances where the Rotation Direction was reversed were on Goldwing Trikes. I installed the Ax with the direction arrow the same as the OEM tire.

Having a personal first hand experience with the Dark Side has greatly changed my attitude about all the "Bull $hit" I hear from "Experts" who have not a single revolution of a Dark Side tire on their cycle. Like Steve said....those who have a fond liking for the "Missionary Position" should stick with it and stop criticizing those who choose to get a little "creative".

Ride Safe

Bob109

Duke
03-26-2015, 01:40 PM
Limoles, exactly the same idea I had this week! what can not fit it?
Alvar

Limoles
03-26-2015, 06:06 PM
Limoles, exactly the same idea I had this week! what can not fit it?
Alvar

Newest Valkyrie wheel would look nice on my B. However , initial idea might create some problem related
to the spacing in the fork and caliper's location . It has to be precisely measured and if it will fit , I'll be the first willing to install it .