PDA

View Full Version : F6B Trike Conversion

WingStuff
03-24-2015, 05:28 PM
What do you all think?

http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/t31.0-8/11090980_1404481326534678_8669031539167468092_o.jp g

More Images for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1404481313201346&set=pcb.1404481703201307&type=1&theater

JackB
03-24-2015, 05:32 PM
Looks great love the tail lights.

F6B1911
03-24-2015, 05:46 PM
I'm not really a trike guy, but if I had to have a trike this would be it.
Looks like they put on Hambly badges and you gotta love those fog lights, without a doubt, the best trike conversion I've seen.

53driver
03-24-2015, 05:46 PM
If/when I am trike bound - that's the one I want.

terrydj
03-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Not interested :no:
Its not a Motorcycle
A trikes just for people that cant afford a convertible
Or need a reason still to wear their oh so trendy leather vest and Harley Davidson T-Shirt collection :no:

53driver
03-24-2015, 06:08 PM
That's why I wrote "if/when."

terrydj
03-24-2015, 06:37 PM
That's why I wrote "if/when."

Mate :icon_laugh:

Phantom
03-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Its not a Motorcycle
Or need a reason still to wear their oh so trendy leather vest and Harley Davidson T-Shirt collection :no:

:wrong:

:bsII: :bs:

I have a friend that lost a leg in IRAQ , another to diabetes and another that was paralyzed in a automobile accident.

All 3 have been motorcycle riders for over 25-30 years each, they CAN AFFORD whatever they want but still desire the freedom and wind while riding a motorcycle albeit 3 wheels . One of them is worth more then 25,000,000.00 USD. Your opinion is once again based on incorrect ASSumptions.

PaulBlues who is a forum member from Scotland (paralyzed) not only owned a TRIKED Honda RUNE but recently TRIKED a Black F6B,
your comments are offensive to those that have been disabled while serving in the military, have inherited medical conditions beyond their control or by the fault of others in a accident.

Stick to just the F6B comments and try to post something positive.

Terry, you need to step back and look at things from the other side. It's not always like the way you think.'chill/pill'

flamed20
03-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Not big on trikes but i actually like this one. :biggthumpup:

Phantom
03-24-2015, 09:06 PM
:footinmouth:

I OWN a TRIKE amongst several other motorcycles, affordability has NOTHING to do with ownership, try pricing out a Campagana T-Rex .... more then many convertibles. http://www.campagnamotors.com/

http://www.campagnamotors.com/products/t-rex-16s-p/configure-one

The above F6B Trike actually looks cool in my opinion. The back end follows the OE lines.

firetech
03-24-2015, 09:10 PM
One of the best looking trikes I've seen.

terrydj
03-24-2015, 09:15 PM

I have a friend that lost a leg in IRAQ , another to diabetes and another that was paralyzed in a automobile accident.

All 3 have been motorcycle riders for over 25-30 years each, they CAN AFFORD whatever they want but still desire the freedom and wind while riding a motorcycle albeit 3 wheels . One of them is worth more then 25,000,000.00 USD. Your opinion is once again based on incorrect ASSumptions.

PaulBlues who is a forum member from Scotland (paralyzed) not only owned a TRIKED Honda RUNE but recently TRIKED a Black F6B,
your comments are offensive to those that have been disabled while serving in the military, have inherited medical conditions beyond their control or by the fault of others in a accident.

Terry, you need to step back and look at things from the other side. It's not always like the way you think.'chill/pill'

P/S ..... I OWN a TRIKE amongst several other motorcycles, affordability has NOTHING to do with ownership, my Trike costs more then many convertibles.

Too right
A mate of ours raced production until a few years ago with only one leg

As to my incorrect assumptions??????
Only been riding for maybe 50 years and licensed for 45 and in that time have averaged riding 3/4 days a week and still think a motorcycle has 2 wheels

Personally I don't care what the disabled do but a Trike is not a Motorcycle.
End of story
In fact they should not be allowed at Motorcycle events and in fact here in the land down under at most rally's they are not allowed in just like cars.

My comments are not directed at anyone other than to me theirs no difference between a trike and a convertible car.

As to my comments being offensive to those that have been disabled while serving in the military,

I pulled a bloke with the help of a couple of mates out of a pit that went bang and he could never ride again and am sure he would stand by my comments.

And at a funeral I gave the Eulogy for a person I had seen grow up from a boy who served in SASR and rode and thought and said the same as me.
he was discharged because of injuries and basically his body had had enough.
I know after military operations he had been in Hospital 5/6 times
You know of him. It was a mate, a fellow trooper in his team that won a VC (Victoria Cross) in Afghanastan.

Sorry if once again I have offended. As to my incorrect assumptions???????
And you wont agree?????? but I dont care how much someone spends on a Trike even if it is 25 million? 28 million Australian
Or have I assumed that as well ??

edgeman55
03-24-2015, 09:20 PM
I really like the look.If I live long enough and want to keep the wind in my face I will have to go this route.Just nice to know we have a lot to choose from to go three wheels on a Wing.And remind me not to go to a "Motorcycle Event" down under as it does not seem to friendly.Really three wheels pisses you off that much:icon_doh:

flamed20
03-24-2015, 09:23 PM
tried to talk the wife into getting one of these for her in Daytona. Sure would help me out with both of the kids being able to ride at the same time! Would save some big arguments!!

badpapi
03-24-2015, 09:31 PM
Love the trike.
i will still need to tweak it a little . but is almost perfect .
engine guard chrome off.
front blinker to switchback led.
but that way they leave me something to do in my spare time and spend my spare money !"batsmiley"

Phantom
03-24-2015, 09:41 PM
a Trike even if it is 25 million? 28 million Australian
Or have I assumed that as well ??

One of my friends is worth over 25,000,000.00 and choses to ride a trike instead of a convertible.
Your statement regarding "trikes are just for people that can't afford a convertible" is baseless.
We are all equal, I don't care what you ride as long as you ride.

We had a forum member attend our F6B Rally last year, his father joined us who happened to ride a Goldwing Trike. It was nice to see him ride with all of us and enjoy the weekend with his son as well.

Don't knock the trikes, they have a purpose for many. Let's just agree to disagree :icon_wink:

terrydj
03-24-2015, 11:08 PM
One of my friends is worth over 25,000,000.00 and choses to ride a trike instead of a convertible.
Your statement regarding "trikes are just for people that can't afford a convertible" is baseless.
We are all equal, I don't care what you ride as long as you ride.

We had a forum member attend our F6B Rally last year, his father joined us who happened to ride a Goldwing Trike. It was nice to see him ride with all of us and enjoy the weekend with his son as well.

Don't knock the trikes, they have a purpose for many. Let's just agree to disagree :icon_wink:

Ahhh worth over 25 million and owns a trike???? Ohhh Ok

But do you really ride a Trike????????
If I put handlebars on me car it would still be a car
Can't disagree about that :icon_cool:

terrydj
03-24-2015, 11:11 PM
tried to talk the wife into getting one of these for her in Daytona. Sure would help me out with both of the kids being able to ride at the same time! Would save some big arguments!!

Mate theirs a hell of a lot of them in the land down under
And their pretty cheap
Met a chick that drove one and she says its heaps better than the bike she rode because she's got this thing wrong with her where she just falls asleep????
Yeah i know????????:icon_cool:

srt8-in-largo
03-24-2015, 11:19 PM
This is just badass!

What do you all think?

http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/t31.0-8/11090980_1404481326534678_8669031539167468092_o.jp g

More Images for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1404481313201346&set=pcb.1404481703201307&type=1&theater

srt8-in-largo
03-24-2015, 11:36 PM
Too much sun Terry, too much sun. Get a hat man!

Those who WISH to ride, but CAN'T, still share the EXACT same spirit that you, me, and everybody else on two wheels shares.

God bless you and your good fortune to be able to ride anything you want. And God bless your ability to discern a man's spirit to determine that he's not fit to ride with you.

bobbyf6b
03-24-2015, 11:40 PM

Ditto. I have a few friends that are disabled and if not for trikes they wouldn't be able to ride. Doesn't really matter what you think if the law says different.

Texas:
"Motorcycle" means a motor vehicle, other than a tractor, that is equipped with a rider's saddle and designed to have when propelled not more than three wheels on the ground.

Arizona:
"Motorcycle" means a motor vehicle that has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and that is designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground but excluding a tractor and a moped.

Queensland:
If a tricycle complies with the Australian Design Rules, it can be registered in the same way as a motorcycle. It can also be ridden wherever motorcycles are allowed to be ridden. A motorcycle licence is required to ride a compliant tricycle on the road network.

Limoles
03-24-2015, 11:40 PM
Anybody knows , who converted this beauty ? :shock::shock::shock:

srt8-in-largo
03-25-2015, 12:15 AM
Mr. Photoshop?

Limoles
03-25-2015, 12:30 AM
Mr. Photoshop?

How dare you ?

terrydj
03-25-2015, 01:26 AM
Ditto. I have a few friends that are disabled and if not for trikes they wouldn't be able to ride. Doesn't really matter what you think if the law says different.

Texas:
"Motorcycle" means a motor vehicle, other than a tractor, that is equipped with a rider's saddle and designed to have when propelled not more than three wheels on the ground.

Arizona:
"Motorcycle" means a motor vehicle that has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and that is designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground but excluding a tractor and a moped.

Queensland:
If a tricycle complies with the Australian Design Rules, it can be registered in the same way as a motorcycle. It can also be ridden wherever motorcycles are allowed to be ridden. A motorcycle licence is required to ride a compliant tricycle on the road network.

Bloody outstanding mate
In Queensland where I live we don't have Trikes:yes:
We have motorized tricycles
Rode one to kindergarten but without the motor :icon_cool:

KennyGLVTX
03-25-2015, 04:02 AM
That things just ugly.

stepbill
03-25-2015, 07:39 AM
Curious if it has reverse.

Amipro
03-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Could shorten the back end just slightly, but other than that it's a "Wicked" trike. Especially love the tail light!

terrydj
03-25-2015, 12:51 PM
Too much sun Terry, too much sun. Get a hat man!

Those who WISH to ride, but CAN'T, still share the EXACT same spirit that you, me, and everybody else on two wheels shares.

God bless you and your good fortune to be able to ride anything you want. And God bless your ability to discern a man's spirit to determine that he's not fit to ride with you.

Ohhhhhh
I don't think you ride a Trike
I think you drive them
If I put handlebars instead of a steering wheel on my car?? it would still be a car
3 wheeled cars have steering wheels but if they had handlebars would that make em trikes?????
And God if you believe has nothing at all to do with who I ride with.
And trust me when I say theirs a Zillion motorcyclists out their that aren't fit to ride with me
That's Probably why for the past?????? I have always ridden by myself with super cute pillions
Oh and I'm so sorry I have an opinion unlike some that ??????
But i do know the penalties I'd pay if I lied just to support others about what I really feel and know??
Must be because I come from a land of Convicts that built a country on truth ???
As to the Sun
Well its currently 3.30Am and its 26.5C/84F but I'm inside so don't need a hat :icon_cool:

Paul B Blues
03-25-2015, 01:24 PM
Ha ha ha, oh Terry you and your comments do make me laugh. You are a good old fashioned "Plonker" So lets have some more of your comments deriding this type of motorcycle. 'all/right'

terrydj
03-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Ha ha ha, oh Terry you and your comments do make me laugh. You are a good old fashioned "Plonker" So lets have some more of your comments deriding this type of motorcycle. 'all/right'

Mate their not a Motorcycles????
But one day when I'm rich I'm going to put Ape hangers on a Messerschmidt
Put the appropriate T-shirt and leather Vest on
And and and and and ahhhhhhhhhh
And you know what
Edd Roth who basically invented the Modern Trike and that Fiberglass Kit one that is now a standard would be laughing with me as well and rolling around in his grave when people described them as a Motorcycle
R.I.P Edd
You and Dutch are a couple of the reasons I am who I am today:yes:
And mate yah from Scotland
My last name is Johnstone
So enough said about that if you know your Scottish heritage

Edd On one of his trikes. Maybe late 60's
Edd Roth Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Roth

fxdl2051
03-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Finally, a good looking trike. When I move to Florida, I'm getting one.

srt8-in-largo
03-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Well c'mon down then :icon_biggrin:

Johncmendenhall
03-26-2015, 09:38 PM
Is it just me being too sensitive ?
Reason why is, it seems terry dj is being a bit abrasive.
Not to single out any one member, but I enjoy the tone and
Good natured ribbing on this forum, and the solid technical advice offered here.
Perhaps it's me, that much I do know.

Here's my quote;
The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese !

Thanks to all

Limoles
03-27-2015, 12:33 AM
Don't get exited to much . He is ex-convict and learned everything from Aussie's in-mates ...

Kurare79
03-27-2015, 12:47 AM
What do you all think?[/SIZE]

Looks amazing! :yes: Especially the red back light making it slim and sexy http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Liebe/smilie_love_008.gif

terrydj
03-27-2015, 03:07 AM
it seems terry dj is being a bit abrasive.
l

A trike is not a Motorcycle:no:
You don't ride them you drive them
You ride motorcycles
You ride Push Bikes
You ride Scateboards
You drive Trikes
What too abrasive
What too much truth :icon_cool:

Phantom
03-27-2015, 04:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1irO5UY68

terrydj
03-27-2015, 03:39 PM
I really like Scooters
Especially the ones over say 600cc's
A one legged mate of ours actually put Nylon strips under his because he used to scrape it in corners :yes::yes: :icon_cool:

fxdl2051
03-27-2015, 04:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj1irO5UY68

Or up the ante with this,
http://inhabitat.com/toyotas-three-wheeled-i-road-makes-it-easier-for-you-to-take-public-transportation/

fxdl2051
03-27-2015, 04:43 PM
Well c'mon down then :icon_biggrin:

Lived 8 years in Floridada, my girl wants us to retire/expire there.

grendl
03-29-2015, 12:36 AM
I think the trike is beautiful. Gives me hope that as long as I can sit up,I can ride.
Whether it's a motorcycle or not is moot. It obviously doesn't have two wheels and it's called a trike. Three wheeler.
Call it what you want,I like it and when I'm ninety and want to ride,if the money is there I'd buy it.

BobinMich
03-29-2015, 10:45 PM
Who cares what any bloke thinks a motorcycle is....a trike is....a car .......is a knucklehead with a sidecar a "car"?!? can't be a motorcycle since it has 3 wheels.....
I love 2 Wheeled motorcycles, 3 wheeled motorcycles, motorcycles with sidecars, hot rods, classic cars, boats, campers...EVERYTHING.....who gives a chit what someone thinks of something. The more you talk to a parrot, the more the parrot will talk.

53driver
03-30-2015, 07:36 AM
The more you talk to a parrot, the more the parrot will talk.

Oh man...that is beautiful.

Trike lady
03-30-2015, 04:19 PM
I like it, way different body style than what is being used in the states and plenty of lights in the back. Looks like a good size trunk too.
I give it :yes::yes: