PDA

View Full Version : Rideon Wheel Balancing

Phantom
05-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Original post by "Steve 0080"

http://www.ride-on.com/motorcycles.html

114th COBRA
01-07-2016, 06:54 AM
That's really interesting. Gotta file that for future reference. Thanks for the info.

buckeyeken47
01-07-2016, 01:01 PM
I was just on their site and they said not to use on newer model Goldwings. Something about the TPMS system not being sealed and the moisture form the produce causing damage.. Does the F6B not have a TPMS system?

BACA
01-07-2016, 01:17 PM
I was just on their site and they said not to use on newer model Goldwings. Something about the TPMS system not being sealed and the moisture form the produce causing damage.. Does the F6B not have a TPMS system?

I have a 2013 F6B and it doesn't have factory TPMS..........so I would think using it in the 2013 F6B would be OK....however if you add an aftermarket TPMS (except the FoboBike TPMS) you might be subject to the problem.......my 2 cents!

Ride Safe - But Often!!

Steve 0080
01-07-2016, 06:24 PM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2756-New-Front-Tire-Time/page2&highlight=Ride-on

Post #29.....

seadog
01-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Two things I have against the ride on tire balancer and sealant is the fact that if my tire is punctured, I want to know it and get it off my bike and put a new one in its place. Your life depends on those two pieces of rubber and if one is hurt and you don't know it you could lose it in a heartbeat at 80 mph on the freeway.:stirthepot: Second is the fact that your tire changer isn't going to be happy with the extreme mess you just gave him when changing the tire to a new one.

GNW
01-09-2016, 08:47 AM
Two things I have against the ride on tire balancer and sealant is the fact that if my tire is punctured, I want to know it and get it off my bike and put a new one in its place. Your life depends on those two pieces of rubber and if one is hurt and you don't know it you could lose it in a heartbeat at 80 mph on the freeway.:stirthepot: Second is the fact that your tire changer isn't going to be happy with the extreme mess you just gave him when changing the tire to a new one.

I agree. I can see an immediate benefit from it with a flat but I want to know that I have had one.
Radials tend to be self sealing (for a while) with a nail in place. A close watch on your tires (visual and checking pressure) should do in most situations. For balancing with it I have no experience. I once used Dyna-Beads for improved balancing and found them to be of no use (for me). I could not tell any benefit, but that's just my experience.

bob109
01-09-2016, 03:35 PM
Second is the fact that your tire changer isn't going to be happy with the extreme mess you just gave him when changing the tire to a new one.

The truth of the matter is Ride On Tire Balancer/ Sealant is water soluble. It has a consistency of Molasses and adheres to the inner tire surface and not the rim. Have it installed in my six motorhome tires and have never had a smoother ride on my bus. The tires are 275/75 R22.5. The garage that installed the RO recommended it and had a unmounted tire which had RO and it was not on either sidewall. Pretty amazing stuff IMHO.

seadog
01-09-2016, 05:49 PM
The truth of the matter is Ride On Tire Balancer/ Sealant is water soluble. It has a consistency of Molasses and adheres to the inner tire surface and not the rim. Have it installed in my six motorhome tires and have never had a smoother ride on my bus. The tires are 275/75 R22.5. The garage that installed the RO recommended it and had a unmounted tire which had RO and it was not on either sidewall. Pretty amazing stuff IMHO.

I don't have a problem with it used in a motorhome or a car, my biggest concern is not knowing that the tire on my motorcycle has been punctured. I carry enough stuff with me to fix any puncture enough to get me home or to a place to change the tire and put a new one on it. It would worry me to know that I might have had a puncture and the sealant had plugged it up and I didn't know about it.

Steve 0080
01-09-2016, 10:40 PM
I don't have a problem with it used in a motorhome or a car, my biggest concern is not knowing that the tire on my motorcycle has been punctured. I carry enough stuff with me to fix any puncture enough to get me home or to a place to change the tire and put a new one on it. It would worry me to know that I might have had a puncture and the sealant had plugged it up and I didn't know about it.

What you don't know don't hurt ya! Sorry, I would rather ride my bike home as opposed to having my bike towed home ....

On the screw above a guy came into a store I was in and asked if the bike was mine...thought you would like to know there is a screw in the tire...I said thanks, finished my business and rode home...pulled the screw and road another 500 miles before having the new tire installed...

GNW
01-10-2016, 08:24 AM
What you don't know don't hurt ya! Sorry, I would rather ride my bike home as opposed to having my bike towed home ....

On the screw above a guy came into a store I was in and asked if the bike was mine...thought you would like to know there is a screw in the tire...I said thanks, finished my business and rode home...pulled the screw and road another 500 miles before having the new tire installed...

Went to the Rideon site. Interesting and impressive for sure. I have to be more (BROAD) minded (just for Steve).
I will probably try it. I ride mostly 2 up and have had some experiences with flats and blowouts.