PDA

View Full Version : STURGIS ride 2015!!!

wantone
03-26-2015, 03:56 PM
We have decided to go to Sturgis one week before the main event this year. I'll be riding from Beckley, WV to meet my friend in Louisville, KY and ride to Sturgis from July 22 thru 29. I hve suggested my frnd tht we go to Devils tower and old faithful. This is our first time riding there and am looking for ur inputs on what all there is to see. We will mostly be in Sturgis only for 1 day.

Total ride looks to be around 5000 miles.

Will there be any HeliBar vendors ? I just put rocky's risers and if they dnt wrk I'm goin Heli for sure. I hope they do free installation.

Thanks for ur suggestions :)

Ericb445
03-26-2015, 05:20 PM
I will be there the week of the Rally..They are predicting the Largest crowd yet.

Razco53
03-26-2015, 05:24 PM
We are going to be there the weekend before the official start, just for two nights then make our way out to the Tetons and Yellowstone then stop for a night on our way back to Iowa. Gonna get the T-shirt and go for a long ride!

terrydj
03-26-2015, 05:26 PM
I will be there the week of the Rally..They are predicting the Largest crowd yet.

My mates tell oh so funny stories about Sturgis
How where they were camped Winnebago's would turn up with Bike trailers on the back
The Bikes were unloaded and sleeping bags would be strapped to the handlebars and then the bikes road through town with the riders acting like Bad Arses??????
Oh and when a Bloke from a leading scumbag Motorcycle magazine pulled a gun on me mate and my mate carefully inserted the barrel of the gun into the Scumbags Bottom
And and and and and :icon_cool:

Vol1chuck
03-26-2015, 05:45 PM
Needles highway, iron mountain road, Custer national park (watch for bison) and spearfish canyon...

Vol1chuck
03-26-2015, 05:46 PM
Oh, and if you're up for it, little big horn battlefield is about a 500 mile round trip.

choptop
03-26-2015, 06:39 PM
I am thinking that the 10 day, June 25 - July 3, Deadwood, Cody Wyoming, Yellowstone Nat Park, West Yellowstone Montana, up and across Montana, N Dakota and then home will not allow me to make it to the Rally this year, but you never know. I would also go the week before in order to get some riding in, but I'm thinking that a lot of people are thinking the same thing because all indicators are that it is going to be big.