PDA

View Full Version : Backrest Riser for F6B on EBay

Steve 0080
07-12-2013, 11:30 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111118212398?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This is a backrest extension/riser that will mount on a F6B Deluxe backrest...Raising the back rest approximately four inches above stock. Ever have your passenger complain that they feel like they will fall off using the stock butt chock? This item will raise the backrest to a useable level to where it actually functions. As an added benefit you will then be able to use the backrest as a point to secure a day bag or other item to your rack!!! Literally a ten minute install time using the factory screw and bolts. Simply remove the two bolts that hold the backrest down, remove the two screws under the backrest and " pop " the backing off, next remove the four bolts that hold on the stock brace and install the new and improved brace. Reinstall and go for a ride...your passenger will be happy you did !!!

chipmaker
07-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Am I first??? Looks like I was 3rd. Can't wait to install it...

Yeahoo Whoyah
07-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Steve do you know who the seller is? Is he on the Forum?

chipmaker
07-13-2013, 02:26 AM
I thought Steve was the seller...

contek
07-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Nice work Steve, thanks! :yes:
Just ordered mine. Wifey is gonna love it.

F6B-RICH
07-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Just ordered :thumb:

F6B-RICH
07-13-2013, 09:29 AM
I thought Steve was the seller...

:icon_ditto: Must be Steve the E-bay email is GUTTERMAN

Steve 0080
07-13-2013, 11:53 AM
Yea..that is me...I owned a seamless gutter business for 18 years and just kept the address...and yes I did mail out 4 this am...should have them in hand Tue or Wed....hope everyone likes them...my wife approved of them as well!!!! Thanks again!!!

Dmoon64
07-14-2013, 08:13 AM
Will the riser work with the factory luggage rack?

Steve 0080
07-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Yes......it is in the same place as the original.....

contek
07-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Here are a few close-up pix of the riser installed for those that want a closer look. Thanks Steve.

After test ride, wife likes the support and feels she doesn't need to grab onto the rails as much. Definitely more secure. A happy wife is a happy life!

Steve 0080
07-15-2013, 08:28 PM
WOW!!! That was quick!!! I sent out 4 Sat am...3 Sun am 1 tonight...and 2 tomorrow night!!!! Glad your wife is happy!!!!! :clap2:

chipmaker
07-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Just got mine, I'll install in the a.m.

chipmaker
07-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Easy install, but no passenger has tried it out yet...

805 806

Kawi69
07-26-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111118212398?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

This is a backrest extension/riser that will mount on a F6B Deluxe backrest...Raising the back rest approximately four inches above stock. Ever have your passenger complain that they feel like they will fall off using the stock butt chock? This item will raise the backrest to a useable level to where it actually functions. As an added benefit you will then be able to use the backrest as a point to secure a day bag or other item to your rack!!! Literally a ten minute install time using the factory screw and bolts. Simply remove the two bolts that hold the backrest down, remove the two screws under the backrest and " pop " the backing off, next remove the four bolts that hold on the stock brace and install the new and improved brace. Reinstall and go for a ride...your passenger will be happy you did !!!

Just ordered mine!!!!!!! My GF is going to love it!!!!!!!!

Steve 0080
07-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks....it will go out tomorrow!!! Thanks again.....

Stone Laker
07-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Has it gone through any testing? It looks like it would bend back without a lot of pressure. Could be dangerous to the passenger.

GiddyupF6B
07-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Has it gone through any testing? It looks like it would bend back without a lot of pressure. Could be dangerous to the passenger.

I'm not sure what you're basing that comment on, just the picture? The backrest is steel, very strong and sturdy when mounted. At 4 inches and it being made out of steel you would have to put a tremendous amount of weight on it to make it "dangerous", more so than anyone could do leaning up against it. I could see after years of use maybe and that's a big maybe the bracket starting to bend slightly over time causing a slight curve in the metal but nothing dangerous. It's well made and definitely worth $40!

F6B-RICH
07-29-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm not sure what you're basing that comment on, just the picture? The backrest is steel, very strong and sturdy when mounted. At 4 inches and it being made out of steel you would have to put a tremendous amount of weight on it to make it "dangerous", more so than anyone could do leaning up against it. I could see after years of use maybe and that's a big maybe the bracket starting to bend slightly over time causing a slight curve in the metal but nothing dangerous. It's well made and definitely worth $40!

:agree: I see it having no bending issues for years to come.

pittprof
07-29-2013, 06:58 PM

I'm sure it's strong enough, too. Can't say what my wife weighs (she won't even tell me), but she's almost 6 feet tall. There is give to it, but not that much. Ask Steve if you'e worried. My guess is that it's tempered steel.

Steve 0080
07-29-2013, 08:10 PM
As far as quality of material….it is tempered steel, just 4 inches taller. Yes there is some flex, but I feel this is a non issue…

The danger to me is the butt chock being so low someone flips over the back…having said that…no there has been no testing on the riser…I tested it on MY WIFE……she is fine….I have quite a few out there and not one complaint...Riding Motorcycles is Dangerous!!! However, if you purchase one and are not satisfied I will reimburse your money …. Period!

Stone Laker
07-30-2013, 09:15 AM
I was not trying to start anything or say you have a bad product. I think when someone put a product out there they need to know what the limits are of that product. If you don't and someone get hurt you can loose everything.

chipmaker
07-30-2013, 09:50 AM
When ordering, bending was in my mind. But after installation, I think it's a non-issue...
My passenger is not petite and very very important to me...

Richie
08-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Just got mine and installed it today, it looks great. Steve was great to deal with, we spoke on the phone and he shipped it out that day.

Thanks again Steve for great service..................Richie

Steve 0080
08-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Glad I could help you out !!!!

12kimt
08-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Just order my a few minute ago

gordonrule
08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Ordered mine 5 minutes ago, the woman will like this...

Steve 0080
08-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Both put in the mail box last night at 2030..... I have 6 left...decision time...do I make more or call it a day.....................

gordonrule
08-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Got mine today, put it on , and it looks awesome!!!! Thanks Steve....

Steve 0080
08-05-2013, 08:10 PM
Thanks!!!!!!

kjelders
08-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Steve, I like what you did here. Any thoughts on how to make the backrest "adjustable"....back to the original position with no passenger and adjust upwards in 1" increments for passenger?

Kawi69
08-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi Steve, I have a F6B Deluxe with the backrest & the rack, I read your installation instructions and it was for just the backrest. How do I go about mounting it with the rack in place. I'm not that mechanicly inclined so you have to bear with me LOL. I ordered it and now just have to install it. Thanks for any help with this matter. I really like this web site. Thanks Kawi69

Darkknight
08-07-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm sitting in Maine relaxing after riding through Acadia National Park.
Just a few inches of space between the backrest and seat would have made the luggage I used much easier to secure. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies coming up here. But it all worked just fine. I hope the luggage won't be to much for the backrest extension. Well if it needs testing, this should do it.:icon_wink:

kjelders
08-07-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm sitting in Maine relaxing after riding through Acadia National Park.
Just a few inches of space between the backrest and seat would have made the luggage I used much easier to secure. We looked like the Beverly Hillbillies coming up here. But it all worked just fine. I hope the luggage won't be to much for the backrest extension. Well if it needs testing, this should do it.:icon_wink:

Is that Ellie Mae in behind the bike Jed? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Steve 0080
08-07-2013, 10:23 PM
Kawi69...to install the back rest riser you do not need to remove the rack...just remove the two bolts that are at the bottom of the backrest, it will fall into your hand...remove the two screws holding the rear cover on POP it off and remove the 4 bolts that hold the stock riser on and reverse order to reinstall...let me know if you need any help!!!

Darkknight
08-08-2013, 05:02 AM
Yep, that be Ellie May looking for room for Granny's rocking chair.
:lolup:
But seriously, this setup has plenty of room, and the flexibility to use only one bag for shorter trips.
AND the stock luggage rack evidently will hold MUCH more than the 6lbs its rated for.

Bama Bagger
06-28-2014, 03:49 PM
Steve,

Is this item still available as it's not listed as a selling unit on eBay!? Please advise...Thanks!

Ray H
06-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Steve,

Is this item still available as it's not listed as a selling unit on eBay!? Please advise...Thanks!

Me too. Lot of new F6 riders out here over the last year.

Ray

Steve 0080
06-28-2014, 09:00 PM
My powder coater went out of business…. I will look around and see what happens…Ultimate seat sells pretty much the same unit I sold …FYI

Bama Bagger
06-29-2014, 01:32 AM
Thanks Steve...just went over to Ultimate and purchased it! .notworthy.

DaWadd
07-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Just put the Ultimate backrest extension on the bike. Wife loves it.

MinnetonkaMike
07-25-2014, 09:11 PM
I too just installed the backrest riser from Ultimate. It was a super quick and easy install. I had my wife sit in the seat and immediately she loved it. I'm excited to take a spin tomorrow and see how it performs for a our next ride. Thanks again for the recommendation.

tonycarver
07-26-2014, 08:53 AM

looks like he's sold out!:banghead:

Steve 0080
07-26-2014, 02:49 PM
I will put some effort into finding another powder coater this week....

Scotrod
07-26-2014, 05:08 PM
:icon_doh:
DAGNABIT!!!
I just ordered the Ult version 2 days ago!!

bobbyf6b
09-01-2014, 09:57 PM
I will put some effort into finding another powder coater this week....

Steve, what's the latest? I finally got the wife on the bike and she wants a taller backrest. Consider one sold for me!

I didn't know Ultimate had one too. Let me know if you will have some Steve. If not I'll just order from Ultimate.

d-shark
09-02-2014, 05:05 PM
I was out in Sturgis the week before the Rally and was talking to a fellow F6B rider (one of only a very few F6B's I saw out there). Turns out this guy was a Sales Rep for a Honda dealer out of IA. They are working with a local manufacturer and have developed an Adjustable Passenger Backrest mechanism for the F6B. It uses the stock passenger backrest. There is a pin you pull and the backrest will adjust from the full down position just like stock to about 4-1/2" up. There are about 4 or 5 pin locations through the entire range.

My girlfriend was with me and had made the 1,000 mile ride out on the back of the F6B. She was very comfortable the entire trip (3,000 miles total) on the stock seat with stock backrest. She sat on this gentleman's bike and was able to adjust the backrest to a height that suited her quite a bit better than the stock position for long legs.

I come from a manufacturing background and was impressed with the quality construction, precision and clean lines of this product. The Dealer explained that they had been through 3 different generations of the product during prototyping and ride testing. Looks like a lot of thought went into it. Talked to the Dealer today and hope to have one of these to install in the next couple of weeks and will report back on my impressions.

bobbyf6b
09-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks d-shark. Adjustability would be nice.