PDA

View Full Version : My Next Honda

F6B1911
03-27-2015, 05:07 PM
This would be a blast.
Honda Bulldog, looks like is just a concept for now.
I see they used flat black paint, l won't have to spend any time polishing this one.

Steve 0080
03-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Joining the off road ranks !!!! Another reason to believe Honda will up date the GL1800...Honda along with the others seem to have more $$$ for R&D lately !!!

F6B1911
03-27-2015, 08:50 PM
Not joining the off-road ranks, just cleared out some space in the garage, and .... you can never have too many bikes!!

Madmax
03-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Looks like a enduro scooter but I belive the Ascot was the bike years ago , unfortunatly Triumph has set the bar pretty high when it comes to adventure bikes , the 800 / 1200 tigers are the king of the jungle right now .
I have had the honda XR/Xl and loved the the ascot just had a lot of little problems but honda was a head of there time with that bike and never continued with it .
My adventure bike right now is the 1200 tiger explorer xc and it is a great bike . Would like to see honda in that market , they just need , solid proven power plant , good suspension ,brembo brakes ... sounds expensive .
Its like the old simpson episode when Homers brother who owned a car manufacturing company and ask Homer to design a car ... LOL He went out of business ... LOL

F6B1911
03-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Looks like a enduro scooter but I belive the Ascot was the bike years ago , unfortunatly Triumph has set the bar pretty high when it comes to adventure bikes , the 800 / 1200 tigers are the king of the jungle right now .

Oops! you forget to mention the KTM and BMW. Hard to beat the R1200 GS in this category??, BMW pretty much defined the ADV category, now KTM is honing in on that market.
The Tiger Explorer XC does look like a nice ride, still have fond memories of an old Bonneville.
Just took a test ride on the Super Tenere, it's a bit heavy.

So, when does Honda make a serious entry into this category?

Madmax
03-28-2015, 09:27 AM
I had 4 Ktms at one time just sold my last Ktm which was a 690 enduro , you have to put so much money into KTM's to get them to run correctly I would not buy another one ... My 990 SMR was the favorite .
I rode a Tenere last year , way to heavy , brakes are Ok , suspension way to soft but was not set up but my biggest pet petpev with that bike was the ABS could not be turned off .
I do like the the BMW , rode last years R1200gs , really nice machine , think the only thing they changed on the bike is they lightened up the crank guys were complaining about stalling .
The only thing I could complain about over priced accessories and bike ... LOL
I got a really good deal on a 2014 Tiger explorer XC saved about 5k over buying the BMW but really like the new 2015 Tiger 800 XcX comes with white suspension .