PDA

View Full Version : Best of Luck to ya

Phantom
03-28-2015, 10:38 AM
:shrug:

Yesterday, I asked our friend from down under for the THIRD time to please just focus on the F6B. I had in the past asked him to just ignore threads that he wanted to reply with unnecessary sarcasm that added absolutely no value yet intentionally irritated others. He did like to push the envelope a little and bend the rules. I tried .....

He requested to be removed and not deal with the rules, he left on his own accord.

He responded and here is a snip it.

For the welfare of the Forum
Delete me from it and delete me from it now
How simple. Goodbye

Ride safe and best of luck to ya! :039:

shooter
03-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Phantom you have a tough job and sometimes you have to make the hard choices. I think you do a commendable job.

taxfree4
03-28-2015, 12:12 PM
I hope this doesn't cause any international trade complications since I'm a big fan of Foster's Oil Can-Sized Ale. So I guess I'm the sole sarcastic prick left, sorry to see him go hopefully he'll be back in the future, good guy, best of luck terrydj. Phantom, it's tough to make the hard choices but you do it very diplomatically I must say, very commendable.

P.S. I'm stocking up on Foster's just to play it safe, summer IS coming.

Steve 0080
03-28-2015, 12:52 PM
My simple saying in life..."You get what you give".... the decision is yours and yours alone !

edgeman55
03-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Well I think you gave him a long leash and his response to leave does not suprise me.He seemed to love conflict and was always trying to start it.Live and let live I say-Safe riding all.

hoglaw
03-28-2015, 01:29 PM
+1

cosborn
03-28-2015, 02:02 PM
A very professional response guys, well done.

Chris

Deer Slayer
03-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Do not muddy the water, for tomorrow you may have to drink it. ( Kingston Trio. TJ Jail ):cheers:

choptop
03-28-2015, 03:12 PM
For a bunch of middle age to old sht's ,from different back rounds, political and religions views and outlooks on life, we get along remarkably well and that is in part to you Phantom, for keeping things in order.

Thank you

Dirtstiff's F6B
03-28-2015, 03:28 PM
No loss and don't stop there.
I think we all tire from the Anti US / US citizen, geo - political sarcasm, bs, added to each thread.
Thanks Tony,
Jim

opas ride
03-28-2015, 04:25 PM
No loss and don't stop there.
I think we all tire from the Anti US / US citizen, geo - political sarcasm, bs, added to each thread.
Thanks Tony,
Jim

+1 and I thank you Phantom for your work keeping this F6B forum on the right track....This guy from "down under" was really getting "under" my skin!!!!.....Ride safe...

Darren
03-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Goodbye and thanks for all the fish

bigbird
03-28-2015, 04:50 PM
When he said the best way to tap into a wire for power was to cut back the insulation and use only electrical tape, I knew his credibility was gone.

CarolinaRider
03-28-2015, 04:59 PM
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

BIGLRY
03-28-2015, 05:31 PM
When he said the best way to tap into a wire for power was to cut back the insulation and use only electrical tape, I knew his credibility was gone."busted":icon_doh: :icon_laugh: :icon_laugh: :icon_laugh: :icon_laugh:

53driver
03-28-2015, 05:52 PM
Gentlemen,
Let's keep the grapes on the fresh side, shall we?

Denisr
03-28-2015, 06:00 PM
A very professional response guys, well done.

Chris

I agree well handled.

Denis

Fla_rider
03-28-2015, 09:53 PM
It is what it is, time to move ahead. Ride safe Terry.

srt8-in-largo
03-28-2015, 09:58 PM
Indeed. Ride safe Terry.

DaWadd
03-29-2015, 07:05 AM
Some of his posts were funny but it was getting a little long in the tooth. Sometimes you have to cull the herd.

bobbyf6b
03-29-2015, 01:03 PM
So I guess I'm the sole sarcastic prick left

Nope. :pbt:

taxfree4
03-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Nope. :pbt:

Great, it won't be the first time I've ridden shotgun, but it's nice to know you're not alone in the world.

Limoles
03-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Be careful ...

taxfree4
03-29-2015, 08:05 PM
You gotta walk the tightrope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX5ioDq1m5I

bob109
03-29-2015, 10:28 PM
Whenever a guest in someones else's home, "manners" should always prevail as the norm for conduct. Unfortunately, folks forget that when on a public forum, hence the need for a "good" "Administrator" and Moderators. Cleaning up after someone else's "mess" is never a easy task! Sometimes malice is masked in humor and is the cause for agitation:icon_wink: Therein lies the "fine line" for folks to walk.

Westernbiker
03-30-2015, 01:09 PM
I would just like to add..........NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

jkelley
03-30-2015, 01:38 PM
It's phantoms sand box, either play nice or take your ball and go home......

Compared to other forums I am on this one is moderated fairly, and very well.

Old Ryder
03-31-2015, 07:47 AM
Been a member on many many boards over my RC Airplane/motorcycle adventures. Personally I think this is without a doubt the mildest group of guys out there. May be because of the type of bike we enjoy. The VTX had some of the biggest jerks you could imagine. It is though your opinion and experience did not qualify until it was "approved" by the 8 word scarcastic quip of approval or denial. You had to do something REALLY BAD. There was a thread about Reckless Fairings and Woody's Fairings that went on for months and months that got about as dirty as it can get. It was very interesting as it seems Glen Woods quit Hoppe Fairings and redesigned his own fairing and started his own company and Alex who started Reckless Fairings (alledgely) stole his design while at Hoppe and was building cheaper knockoffs at super discounted prices.

The Harley board was also mild, but after the 3rd post it had rambled off to a completely different subject. On the RC forum, there were some self appointed masters and every comment had to run the gaunlet to see if your question/comment was worthy of their praise or scorn. :icon_frown: It got old very quickly.

I like hangin here because everybody seems to value the ideas and opinions of others wheather they agree or disagree. If I want to be treated badly, then I would go to work. :icon_cool:

GNW
03-31-2015, 09:42 AM
When he said the best way to tap into a wire for power was to cut back the insulation and use only electrical tape, I knew his credibility was gone.

Ditto !!:yikes:

shooter
03-31-2015, 09:44 AM
The M109R forum is regulated by a bunch of Nazi's. If your opinion is different than yours you are gone. Mild disagreements are not tolerated. Just my opinion. I get along fine here.

2bikemike
03-31-2015, 11:28 AM
The M109R forum is regulated by a bunch of Nazi's. If your opinion is different than yours you are gone. Mild disagreements are not tolerated. Just my opinion. I get along fine here.

+1

MAYHEM01
03-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Thanks Phantom

F6Pilot
04-06-2015, 11:14 PM
The VTX had some of the biggest jerks you could imagine. It is though your opinion and experience did not qualify until it was "approved" by the 8 word scarcastic quip of approval or denial. You had to do something REALLY BAD. There was a thread about Reckless Fairings and Woody's Fairings that went on for months and months that got about as dirty as it can get. It was very interesting as it seems Glen Woods quit Hoppe Fairings and redesigned his own fairing and started his own company and Alex who started Reckless Fairings (alledgely) stole his design while at Hoppe and was building cheaper knockoffs at super discounted prices.

Haha, that brings back some memories. I remember both the OA and the Cafe being full of "professionals". Those fairing threads will go down in infamy closely followed by the Tsukayu VTX bag group buy fiasco. :yikes:

BIGLRY
04-07-2015, 09:27 AM
Haha, that brings back some memories. I remember both the OA and the Cafe being full of "professionals". Those fairing threads will go down in infamy closely followed by the Tsukayu VTX bag group buy fiasco. :yikes::yes:"coffee"

F6Pilot
04-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Yes BIGLRY, I remember you as well. If memory serves me you produced some nice pair valve plates. My son and my brother still ride VTX and while mining some information for them a few weeks ago, I ran across someone looking for you on the Cafe. I didn't tell them you were over here. :shhh:

Vol1chuck
04-07-2015, 06:03 PM
I've gotta know...does anybody from the VTX board remember "adam", the resident atheist/agnostic and "homey", the grammar cop!? Those were the good ole days.....

F6Pilot
04-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Those must have been before my time. I joined in around the middle of 2008. Mr VTX, Big X, Bassdude, and the infamous Stump are a few I recall.